AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-08, 07:33   Link #8021
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

HoF LFR score card: 3x wisdom tokens, 0x loot. At this rate I'll have the legendary and nothing to put it in. Lol.
Old 2012-11-08, 14:46   Link #8022
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yes, but you'll be legendary.

Finally or MoP (or actually it was a gift from my guild leader). I'm liking Pandaria so far. It is about as pretty as Nagrand. The music is good in most places. The questing is different, or at least seems different. A lot less generic kill quests, or if there are they are hidden under a device mechanic.

I was questing with Chen last night and those were mostly fun or entertaining. I laughed during the brewing quest as it sets up for one of those Northrend "toss me this thing quickly" quests, then he fakes you out and you don't have to do anything because he's the best brewmaster on three continents. I also like that there is voice acting in a lot of place and that is changes as you go along. It isn't as intensive as The Old Republic was (you don't have to make interactive choices every mission with full dialogue), but it is a nice change from the usually quest turn ins I was use to from Burning Crusade and before.

Questing is much more story like now than originally. Wrath seemed to have stated that direction (more so than the original and TBC, though the original tale of Dorrowshire still pulls at the heart at the end) and CATA's redo of all the old world questing zones made those areas more enjoyable (I redid all the quests to my old Loremaster is legit again). With the heavy use of phasing, NPCs that act and move as well as talk for the questline, it seems more cinematic that it use to, even though you can still go around a do just about anything while questing.
Old 2012-11-10, 13:36   Link #8023
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Ever since Wrath and its overuse of cinematic quests/more involving quests. As well as the zone cinematics that you occasionally see like The Wrath Gate. I kind of knew from then that Blizzard wanted to make questing 10x more fun then what Burning Crusade or Vanilla had.

Probably seeing that people were dying of boredom completing Vanilla quests. They decided to remodel all of Azeroth with the Cataclysm, making it even more fun to level from 1-60. Burning Crusade is just going to remind you of the old days basically. I like the new turn ever since Wrath, and I always have loved the raids in WoW.
Old 2012-11-11, 14:27   Link #8024
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Perhaps in a future expansion (one that again deals with the Burning Legion, because you know we will have to deal with them again), they will revamp Outland as well. Especially since TBC is now considered part of the starting package when one investing on World of Warcraft.

Today a new player can go from 1-70 and even up to Sunwell raiding without an expansion of any kind.

There are still a few older zones that were not changed all that much. Dustwillow Marsh is getting changed thanks to the Fall of Theramore. Means the Alliance will need a new questing hub and a new set of quests (assuming they don't remove the zone from the Alliance rotation like they did with the area around Southshore). And a new end location for the boat from Menethil Harbor (which could use some serious repair following the Cataclysm. Silithis needs a total revamp. One can looks on the Loremaster sections and see there are only 19 quests out there...and a portal to the Dark Portal (as if to say, turn back, go to Outland were we have content....ignore this waste of server space). Plus they have AQ as a zone you can fly over, but there is nothing there.

Lastly there is the areas north of the Eastern Plaguelands. That invisible wall is a little annoying. There is basically one unmarked zone there and then Ghostlands and Silvermoon. While I can see the Bloodmist Isles and such still being seperate since they are way off the coast, the Blood Elf zones don't need to be seperate save for time spend regrafting all that onto CATA's Azeroth. And redoing on all so that you could fly without seeing the shortcuts they took.

But as I said, maybe they will redo that in a future expansion for the Burning Legion.
Old 2012-11-12, 21:49   Link #8025
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
There are still a few older zones that were not changed all that much. Dustwillow Marsh is getting changed thanks to the Fall of Theramore. Means the Alliance will need a new questing hub and a new set of quests (assuming they don't remove the zone from the Alliance rotation like they did with the area around Southshore). And a new end location for the boat from Menethil Harbor (which could use some serious repair following the Cataclysm. Silithis needs a total revamp. One can looks on the Loremaster sections and see there are only 19 quests out there...and a portal to the Dark Portal (as if to say, turn back, go to Outland were we have content....ignore this waste of server space). Plus they have AQ as a zone you can fly over, but there is nothing there.
Well Dustwallow Marsh got updated during Wrath or was it BC? I think it was Wrath though. Then Cata added a bit more to that update.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 04:36   Link #8026
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Middle of TBC when they added that goblin town in the south. It had a minor rewrite in Wrath after Wrynn returned to Stormwind.. But aside from the last quest of that chain everything was pretty much the same from TBC to the present. So much so that when CATA hit I think I have only two quests to do there to get the achievement, if that. They still had the desenters trying to get people to join them for a war against the Horde...when there is a road to the South Barrens to suppy said war...with tanks and troops all over it.

What was worse was that there were no quests that dealt with that road on the Alliance side at all. No questgivers...mobs...nothing. It made it easier to get from the South Barrens to Theramore and that was about it. That would have been handy back in the old days when I was running a warlock quest were I had to go to someplace in the Barrens to take to the quest giver. I went via Theramore...at level 21. It was a nice death run in he swamps past the towers. Later when I was actually questing, that one were you have to confront a private about his treason (endig with jaina teleporting out personally to take him away), fighting him instantly marks you to PVP, even on a PVE server. I was having diffuculty was going to run off to reset him when I could figure it out later...when I ran into a skull boss! (well actually I was probably a Blood Elf Shadow Priest that had Reigns of the Death Charger or whatever that was from Strathome. I don't think it was a warlock, but the horse was scary looking, shadowy and I died in about two hits. Since it was a PVE server I was not use to being attack by the Horde players at all at level 36. He was gone by the time I returned, though I left that quest to later as I had trouble dealing with quests at my level at that time. (As I was still unsure how to play).

Also hit 90 last night.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-11-13 at 12:46.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 08:48   Link #8027
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Also hit 90 last night.
Grats, have fun with dailies.
Old 2012-11-14, 12:37   Link #8028
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Did some (Cloud Serpent and Golden Lotus) then headed back out to the Dread Wastes to finish questing for Loremaster (even though I already have the title from back in Wrath). After that I might go back to the Tillers., though that nest of blue exclaimation marks in the Market looked rather intimidating.
Old 2012-11-14, 16:50   Link #8029
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Tillers dailies are amongst the fastest to get done in a day. Don't let the number of quests fool you. Most of them either coincide for drop targets or take 90 seconds or less. Only the goatsteak one takes a while. You should get Golden Lotus going ASAP since you can't even do Shado-Pan or August Celestials until you hit reverred with GL. Klaxxi...they can be damn annoying...
Old 2012-11-16, 04:20   Link #8030
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

With all the Loremaster stuff I "made it" to "It's Over Nine Thousand!", even though I am only at 8800. My guess is that it is also accounting for the Feats of Strength, as I have a bunch of those going back to 2007, including things that were achievements that were removed from the game later (400 skill in all viable weapons? 400 Skill in unarmed combat? Yes I punched a lot of Murlocs just East of Stormwind for that one. They couldn't hurt me and level 8 murlocs hold up under 3 point fist hits for a while.)
Old 2012-11-25, 14:33   Link #8031
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It seems that even on PVE servers, the spirit of the Southshore Wars continues in Halfhill.

Skeletons everywhere.

Also we did a "speed run" of ICC 25 heroic and absolutely slaughtered the place. It would have been faster if some people were not going for achievements or Shadowbane infusions.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-11-25 at 14:53.
Old 2012-11-26, 03:08   Link #8032
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

^ the guards there slaughter you as well iirc.
Old 2012-11-26, 07:56   Link #8033
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I remember the good old days when people feared the guards at south shore. Ah Good times.
Old 2012-11-26, 08:30   Link #8034
Jaden

The raid instances are really well done in MoP, fun and challenging on both 10 and 25 man.

The problem with this expansion is the amount of grinding. Not only are there ludricrous amounts of daily quests to do, but also LFR. These things are not fun, but I feel obligated to do them in order to get epics and perform well in raids...
Old 2012-11-26, 15:03   Link #8035
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I've see Horde members flagged having a tendency to stand (mounted on a travel yak) in the Market near or on quest givers. Or if they are a pet owning class, standing on one and having their pet stand on another.

The Alliance might be doing this as well, but I take notice of yellow and red much easier than green. Though on that night there seems to have been a larger fight going on than usual, since a pack of Horde and Alliance fighting around the Market and the Farm (which phasing allows for a convinient escape route). There was a bunch of complaining going on during it, and huge amounts of questions after as people arrived later to see dozens of skeletons all over the place. I know either a goblin or a gnome died from a DOT within the phased area because I had a small skeleton next to my scarecrow.
Old 2012-11-28, 03:26   Link #8036
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Patch 5.1 is live.

It is interesting so far. I image the coast would be a slaughter house on a PVP server.

One thing of note is that killing the opposing faction NPCs grants Black Prince rep (about 25 or so each).

Also for the first time since the Wrath Gate, I have been really impressed with the Alliance as a military power. The Seventh Fleet coming to Pandaria was impressive. So far King Wrynn has earns some respect in this campaign. A far cry from the hot head we saw in Wrath.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-11-28 at 15:09.
Old 2012-11-28, 22:02   Link #8037
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Haven't played in a month, is there anything worth coming back for?
Old 2012-11-29, 01:55   Link #8038
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I don't know. What are you into?

I have discovered that when dealing with large packs of small mobs a destruction warlock is rather survivable due to the burning embers/shadowburn mechanics along with the heal that used burning embers. As I can use Fel Flame, and Conflagrate to burn down the light mobs quickly to a low precentage to hit them with shadownburn and thus rapidly increase the number of Burning Embers I have, I can easily, keep my health up, using healthstones if the mobs thin out or get slightly tougher (or I run out of mana from too much Fel Flame spam that I have to switch to Incenerate, whcih is slower to cast).

Add a voidwalker or the upgraded version and I can survive even more as long as it isn't multiple elites with normals and small mobs (had that problem every once in a while in some dailiy questing areas when mobs keep respawning due to heavy player traffic).

There is also rumors of a Warlock Quest Chain for 5.2 to get Green Fire. Though I have no idea what or why that is coming.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-11-29 at 18:47.
Old 2012-12-02, 05:13   Link #8039
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Haven't played in a month, is there anything worth coming back for?
You don't want to do more dallies?

Also lmao @ how they gated nearly everything behind dailies yet this expansion made so many things account wide so you can play any characters you want instead of just one!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 06:42   Link #8040
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You don't want to do more dallies?

Also lmao @ how they gated nearly everything behind dailies yet this expansion made so many things account wide so you can play any characters you want instead of just one!
No, it's more the fact when I stopped a month ago, nearly every rep grind was done, the people I levelled with shafted me and I have nowhere or no one to raid with. LFR's rewards I obtained way too fast as Clogs already knows. So essentially, all I can do at this point is grind out LFRs for that legendary chain...then what? That's not appealing at all.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows