AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-17, 10:55   Link #2741
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

I forgot the last time I was this excited to see the next chapter
Azuki finally has her spotlight, she's been out for way too long

also, IMO
the arc is dragging the series IF AND ONLY IF Azuki loses the public auditions

Old 2012-03-17, 10:57   Link #2742
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Her winning on pure ability wouldn't be too expected though, considering she's up against experienced VAs and some top names...
Old 2012-03-17, 12:07   Link #2743
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I think his point is either that:
- they're living in glass houses. That having a mangaka boyfriend is very, very low on the scale of the things that are routinely done to get roles.
- they may be working in the industry, but they're not the kind of crazy, deluded, obsessed fan who care about the private lives of VAs, beyond what one may feel for colleagues.
thank you

Quote:
The role of Saeko Shimazu as Four Murasame in Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam has been replaced by Yukana in the newest movie. This has caused a lot of anger among Japanese fans, many of whom suggest she used her relationship with sound director Sadayoshi Fujino to get the part. Shimazu's official website is now temporarily offline, while the message forum on Yukana's site is filled with angry posts.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...e-enrages-fans
I hope no one is naive enough to think the casting couch doesn't exist in the Anime Industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Her winning on pure ability wouldn't be too expected though, considering she's up against experienced VAs and some top names...
the open audition is also part of the ridiculousness. Anime production is a business, there is a set budget for each part of the production. Different VAs has a different pay scale. The producers (money man) would be damn piss they have to shelve out more money then originally budgeted. Most likely that money would come out of the animation budget. Which would lead to more reuse and still scenes.
Old 2012-03-17, 12:47   Link #2744
Sixth
Hu Tao

Seriously, I just don't get it. Is Reversi anime deserves this kind of attentions? I can't believe that the animator or sound producer or whatever the person in charge putting so much effort on one anime. I mean, public auditions? Seriously?
Old 2012-03-17, 13:10   Link #2745
amasposu

This is a fictional manga. It is not supposed to be realistic. Bakuman is a love story between Mashiro and Azuki. Everything that have happened in the series are road bumps and detours that got in the way of their dream marriage. These are meant to show how far they will go for each other, that regardless of what challenges they face, they will overcome them to be in the arms of each other.

Anyway, I'm sure she will win pure ability. Notice that the voice actresses before her used their scripts in front of the camera. In contrast, if Miho doesn't use her script, the audience will clearly see the difference in dedication and potential between her and the other voice actresses.
Old 2012-03-17, 13:16   Link #2746
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Televised public auditions, too. Instead of having a normal audition and posting a few soundclips on the internet.

As I said, I don't think it makes a lot of sense for established VA to get involved in that, either. At best, they have a pretty good chance of being rejected in public. At worst, they also get caught in the love story aspect... in the role of the heavy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the open audition is also part of the ridiculousness. Anime production is a business, there is a set budget for each part of the production. Different VAs has a different pay scale. The producers (money man) would be damn piss they have to shelve out more money then originally budgeted. Most likely that money would come out of the animation budget. Which would lead to more reuse and still scenes.
I don't know that the pay scale is a problem. They can be upfront about how much they're willing to pay for the role, and the VA who think it's not worth their time just don't have to audition. Plus, Miho is or was popular, so it's not like they'd budgeted for a beginner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisui View Post
This is a fictional manga. It is not supposed to be realistic. Bakuman is a love story between Mashiro and Azuki. Everything that have happened in the series are road bumps and detours that got in the way of their dream marriage. These are meant to show how far they will go for each other, that regardless of what challenges they face, they will overcome them to be in the arms of each other.

Anyway, I'm sure she will win pure ability. Notice that the voice actresses before her used their scripts in front of the camera. In contrast, if Miho doesn't use her script, the audience will clearly see the difference in dedication and potential between her and the other voice actresses.
It's going to be funny if she messes up her lines because there are differences between the script and the manga.
Old 2012-03-17, 18:19   Link #2747
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Azuki's ability to play Naho has been hyped up to no end in a previous chapter. I'd be very surprised if she lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_star View Post
And that Natara girl... Her hair looks like Aoki. And she is REALLY popular.
She looks exactly like I imagined Aoki's (hypothetical) sister would.
Old 2012-03-17, 19:06   Link #2748
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Quote:

It's going to be funny if she messes up her lines because there are differences between the script and the manga.
There is a chance she might add or deduct a few words here and there to the original script. For all we know, the script might have changed some lines from the manga, and she plans to say whats exactly in the manga, at the same time grabbing a few extra votes by showing that she has real passion for that role. Just speculating.
Old 2012-03-17, 19:55   Link #2749
amasposu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Azuki's ability to play Naho has been hyped up to no end in a previous chapter. I'd be very surprised if she lost.
This.

Spoiler for Volume 17's cover.:
Old 2012-03-17, 23:01   Link #2750
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
She looks exactly like I imagined Aoki's (hypothetical) sister would.
Taking bets on when Yoshida will come to the same conclusion, and make use of it to rein in Nakai.

Old 2012-03-17, 23:01   Link #2751
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Televised public auditions, too. Instead of having a normal audition and posting a few soundclips on the internet.
From what I understood it was streamed over the net and not on TV.
I wonder if Ohba was inspired by the ABK0048 live audition that happened last december.

I hadn't thought about potential manga and anime differences,we'll see what happens though I definatly expect her to get the part.I was written tailor made for her after all.
Old 2012-03-17, 23:55   Link #2752
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

Rather than five minutes of dialog, Azuki may recite the whole of Miho's part from the whole manga from memory.
Old 2012-03-18, 03:15   Link #2753
Sol Falling

Just because Miho's script doesn't have any notes or signs of use doesn't mean that she hasn't at least taken the time to take a flip through it. I don't think we have to worry about her misreading incorrect lines, Miho probably at least did do a check to confirm the lines for the audition.
Old 2012-03-18, 04:39   Link #2754
Ami-chan
Raging Ami-chan Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
I forgot the last time I was this excited to see the next chapter
For me, I think it was about...2 weeks ago. BRING ON 172 NOW.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/mrjasonpark/Sigs%20and%20Avys/Momo-01-1.jpg
Old 2012-03-18, 21:23   Link #2755
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

If Azuho does not sucess in REVERSI, there is always the upcoming PCP anime
Old 2012-03-19, 10:21   Link #2756
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
its already stated there won't be a PCP anime because of the subject matter. Which was why they went and did a 2nd series.
Old 2012-03-19, 16:27   Link #2757
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
thank you

I hope no one is naive enough to think the casting couch doesn't exist in the Anime Industry.

I've seen that quote twice now, and it still does nothing for me. People using connections have been around since forever, and the situation can be applied to absolutely anything. Also, those "colleagues" don't need to be a crazy, obsessed fan to dislike Miho like so. They dislike her because she's competition (and based on popularity before the reveal, a very strong one), and human beings are more often than not spiteful when it comes to competition.

Especially competition involving career advancement. Personally I've been on the receiving end of that spite before, being a young person that jumped to a high position over those who have many years (10+) of seniority over me. Like Miho (hopefully will), I achieved this purely based on having skills they did not (or mine were superior). Ah well, I'll just chalk it up to you disliking the arc.

Anyways, on to the latest chapter...

Really good build up! All eyes are on Miho now, mine included. Though I have to say, we were just introduced to her this chapter but I really like Natara (in both looks and personality). I can understand why she's no. 1 by a huge margin.

Also, I love the Fukuda crew always eating Ramen. I've forgotten that slob's name already (the guy who thinks he's a mangaka), but I can't wait until he makes his exit. I hope Natara stays though, ha ha.
Old 2012-03-20, 22:55   Link #2758
black_star
How should i say it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
PCP? Did they say it's allowed... when the story is not like just now? (i mean, the crimes)
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice! - Doquixote Doflamingo

MAL Twitter
Old 2012-03-21, 02:10   Link #2759
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The problem with PCP is that it was too realistic with its crimes.
Old 2012-03-21, 12:07   Link #2760
Enishi

For the last several days, I’ve read the last fifteen pages of the discussion. I’m reading Bakuman for very long, and it’s (currently) my favourite manga. I’ve waited for Azuki for so long and now she’s come, her arc is so touching. Actually, I want manga to go to its end, but I don’t want it to end at the current arc.

I hope Azuki get the role, but I don’t want manga to end. It would be great if Ohba-sensei continues the story for a little bit, for example, to show an after-marriage life. It sounds silly, but I really care.

The last chapters was something incredible. I want to thank authors. I really die laughing at the moment of the radio show! :-D When Azuki said she’s a virgin, it was the most laughable moment… and it would be more laughable if she wouldn’t. :-P

Also, I want a new arc and a new fat guy. :-)

Last edited by Enishi; 2012-03-22 at 01:34. Reason: Added “sensei”
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, shounen