AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-23, 05:22   Link #121
Kev-kun
Curiousity is a Virtue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
Because I had one of the same reactions as Ritsu did in the first episode flashback.
"This is it... LET'S START A BAND!!"

K-ON made it look fun. A lot of bands (and movie bands) are only shown you know... Partying and having fights and such. Yeah sure, this makes K-ON a little off by having absolutely no huge disagreements with each other, but it's what I wanted.

Besides... It looks so cool to be able to rock...
well yea totally agree lol =)
Old 2010-08-23, 12:38   Link #122
Manwards
Cunning Linguist

Send a message via MSN to Manwards
I started playing the guitar a few months ago, and I can still only play one song all the way through, and I'm really sloppy with everything else. K-ON! wisely skipped over Yui's first few months of learning (and pretty much most of that entire year). It IS fun, and it IS rewarding to see yourself slightly improve as time goes on, but don't expect to be able to pick it up and be a prodigy like Yui!
Old 2010-08-25, 10:31   Link #123
Rem0rse

Sure does I play drums, and Ritsu is a great inspiration to that .
Old 2010-08-25, 13:10   Link #124
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem0rse View Post
Sure does I play drums, and Ritsu is a great inspiration to that .
The same story with me , too
Old 2010-08-26, 14:56   Link #125
-Rhythm
けいおん!

Before I started watching K-ON!, I've always imagined myself to be on a stage and playing an instrument but I don't know which instrument to play. Guitar, Drums, or Piano. Never knew that there's an instrument called the bass guitar.

After watching K-ON!, I think of how fun it will be to be in a band and performing on stage. Well, I'm the shy type, so I wouldn't want to be in the spotlight and of course, don't want to be left out either. Mio's my favourite character, so I've decided to give bass a try. =]

That's why I've started learning bass.
Old 2010-08-26, 15:44   Link #126
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Since I was in 5th grade I've always wanted to play Musical Interments, played Trombone, Trumpet, Harmonica, ect. In 8th grade I picked up the acoustic guitar but never really played much, but dreamed to be good at it. At the end of 10th grade late spring I went back to Acoustic and then got a Electric after watching K-ON! I got a Ukulele shortly after and my mom is going to buy a Piano, sooo I want to learn Piano as wel. When i get older My goal is collect TONES of Musical Interments and play them, even antique instruments from around the world!

I also love sheet music & music theory. So im not picky about music, and i dont limit my self to anykind !
Old 2010-08-26, 16:45   Link #127
alucard13mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Rhythm View Post
Before I started watching K-ON!, I've always imagined myself to be on a stage and playing an instrument but I don't know which instrument to play. Guitar, Drums, or Piano. Never knew that there's an instrument called the bass guitar.

After watching K-ON!, I think of how fun it will be to be in a band and performing on stage. Well, I'm the shy type, so I wouldn't want to be in the spotlight and of course, don't want to be left out either. Mio's my favourite character, so I've decided to give bass a try. =]

That's why I've started learning bass.
After watching, it did get me inspired to play the guitar bass. but i didn't want to buy an expensive bass just because of an anime =p.. i went around to listen to bass solos from bands. mostly Metallica ^_^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlW0gGsSPsU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBZW7VPSvo8
Bass is kinda hard to play by ear X_X since it blends in the song so well, it takes sensitive ears to pick it out. haha im trying to decide if i want a fender standard jazz bass (600$) or a special Mio Fender look alike bass from japan for close to (500+$). but the mio one is not as good in quality and sound.

as for piano...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J---aiyznGQ
Old 2010-08-26, 17:59   Link #128
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

kid prodigies

Old 2010-08-26, 18:18   Link #129
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
A friend of mine began karate many years ago for being a great fan of the first Power Rangers series. I guess K-On has the same effect on making people to want to pick up music as well as Suzumiya Haruhi has to turn otakus to religion, lol.
It ALL CONNECTS!!

Lucky Star turns people into otakus.
Suzumiya Haruhi turns otakus to Haruhiism lol
K-ON!! turns Haruhiists to Musicians (due to Live Alive!) =D

So...yeah...

Damn guitar...i wanna buy a new one Y_Y
Old 2010-08-26, 19:03   Link #130
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

I wonder whether K-ON or Beck was more successful in inspiring music.
Old 2010-08-26, 19:08   Link #131
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Don't say it like that. K-on's the best I tell you. XD *ignores my ignorance*
Old 2010-08-26, 19:12   Link #132
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Pshh, we all know K-ON is the best show in the world.
Just in terms of musical encouragement xD
Old 2010-08-27, 03:00   Link #133
Kev-kun
Curiousity is a Virtue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Don't say it like that. K-on's the best I tell you. XD *ignores my ignorance*
haha too true you dont need to worry about your ignorance =)
Old 2010-08-27, 03:29   Link #134
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
kid prodigies

To be honest, with these child prodigies, as much as they're brilliant now, I highly doubt we'll see anything new from them once they're older. Sure, their skills would have improved, but even then there's still a limit as to how original they can get. Not to mention, with this rock star status at the age of ten, I've got a gut feeling they'll end up like spoiled rock stars once they become older.

Something also tells me that their parents are using these kids to compensate for their own shortcomings.

To me, when it comes to playing the bass and the guitar, it's because I genuinely like rocking out. I don't want to become better at playing my instruments just for the sake of pushing the boundaries and show off. When it comes to metal, as much as the guitar solo is a key part of that genre, I prefer chugging out heavy rhythm riffs over shredding without a purpose. In that sense, I'd say K-On has inspired me to keep my motivation for playing the guitar simple, and that's just to simply enjoying rocking out with your friends.
Old 2010-08-27, 03:40   Link #135
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

ozzy is getting alittle old !lol At this age i love how jumpy he is !
Old 2010-08-27, 03:57   Link #136
Kudryavka

No it's not!
Old 2010-08-27, 04:18   Link #137
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Back to the topic at hand...

Who thinks that K-on makes you wanna buy new instruments!? (I sure do...not just for K-ON though...my guitar neck's too...wide. Y_Y)
Old 2010-08-27, 04:27   Link #138
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
I'm a bass player and guitar player, and it gave me a lot of inspiration and motivation to play even better, I love playing K-On's song both on guitar and bass.

btw, bass is my main instrument, the guitar is a side instrument.
Old 2010-08-27, 05:00   Link #139
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Cool two instruments...

I'm not that good with two instruments anyway XD i'll stick to learning my guitar...(and eventually if I can...get an electric one?)
Old 2010-08-27, 09:17   Link #140
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Cool two instruments...

I'm not that good with two instruments anyway XD i'll stick to learning my guitar...(and eventually if I can...get an electric one?)
Well if you're planning on getting a new guitar, you better be getting an electric. BETTER BE!! :P

K-On's inspiring to play drums... But I've only just begun guitar less than a year ago and was told not to jump Maybe I'll just settle for a pair of sticks and a practice pad (or hook up my rockband drums to the computer lol)
Closed Thread