AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad - Extra Episode (Tomoyo Chapter) Rating
Perfect 10 161 54.03%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 83 27.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 9.06%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 4.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 1.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.01%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.34%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.34%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.34%
Voters: 298. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-04, 23:02   Link #221
Invi
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
If they do Tomoyo After, I hope they split it into two halves - 1-6 for the Tomoyo Arc in Clannad and 7-12 for Tomoyo After.

Looking forward to their wedding.
Tomoyo Arc in Clannad is done already (unfortunately)
All that's left is hope that they'll do Tomoyo after in more than one OVA
Old 2008-08-05, 03:14   Link #222
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
If they do Tomoyo After, I hope they split it into two halves - 1-6 for the Tomoyo Arc in Clannad and 7-12 for Tomoyo After.
As someone has already said, in terms of the anime, Tomoyo's arc has already been covered by what both fansub efforts have called "episode 24". All that remains of a Tomoyo story is Tomoyo After itself.

To conclude, while KyoAni has certainly demonstrated a willingness to explore alternate storylines (which, according to conversations I have had with velocity7, is a prerequisite to tell the Little Busters! story properly), if I were you, I wouldn't hold my breath. Believe me, as a representative of one of those efforts whose staff also happens to be directly involved in the CLANNAD game's translation effort, we would dearly love to see this happen.

--Ian.
Old 2008-08-05, 21:24   Link #223
sayde

I just finished watching this series and I agree w/ one of the statements made earlier on in this thread. It was hands down the most enjoyable episode IMO. However, this did bring up a question. Was it ever explained as to why all this extra attention was given to Tomoyo? Is she a fan favorite or something? Because I guess I was just thinking how nice it'd be for several more episodes such as this to be made depicting "what if" scenarios between Tomoya and some of the other females in the show. Having said that, I feel rather lucky that Tomoyo ended up being one of my favorite characters. Otherwise I probably might not have liked the 24th episode nearly as much.

(And in case it's not already obvious, I have not read the manga, seen the movie, or played the games. So I apologize if any of my commentary came off as somewhat ignorant.)
Old 2008-08-05, 22:59   Link #224
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Well, there is only speculation, but one of the most logical explanations is that Tomoyo is a very popular character. Perhaps only second to Nagisa. She has her own game (which is not in this) so her popularity has to be up there. Along with that, her story line along with Kyou's requires a lot of commitment romantically so it would not be possible to put this or kyou's along with nagisa which is why their arcs were so short. So i guess between this and kyou's she was more popular.
Old 2008-08-06, 00:46   Link #225
Invi
*Fansubber

I don't think it have anything witch character being popular...
IMO if there were no Tomoyo After, then we wouldn't get Extra Episode. (Yes, I know that Extra Episode = Tomoyo route from Clannad,)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia says
After releasing their highly-anticipated title, Clannad, Key gave its designers the freedom to work on projects as they wished. Tomoyo After was the result of Jun Maeda's decision to make a game based on the Tomoyo scenario from Clannad.
I dunno if what wikipedia says is truth or not, it's just fitting my theory perfectly
I mean... Maybe KyoAni is planning to kill two birds with one stone? After finishing Clannad TV and releasing Extra Episode, they are ready to start Clannad After Story and right after AS, Tomoyo After as OVA(s). Two Key games getting anime adaptation at once
Old 2008-08-06, 01:42   Link #226
sayde

Thanks for the replies. So is it safe to assume this episode could very well be the result of a combination of things?

-Tomoyo's popularity among the fans (I have to admit, I had no idea she ranked so high as a fan favorite).
-and Jun Maeda's decision to give more attention to Tomoyo by making Tomoyo After. (Perhaps this decision was decided and based around Tomoyo's popularity, his own personal preferences, or both?)
Old 2008-08-06, 03:31   Link #227
Invi
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
-and Jun Maeda's decision to give more attention to Tomoyo by making Tomoyo After. (Perhaps this decision was decided and based around Tomoyo's popularity, his own personal preferences, or both?)
It was just compensation for no H-Scenes in Clannad lulz
Old 2008-08-06, 16:49   Link #228
sayde

heh. gotcha.
Old 2008-08-06, 22:32   Link #229
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

ive been looking for the breakup joke quote everywhere but i cant find it can someone plz post it here
Old 2008-08-08, 01:23   Link #230
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
Well, there could be more, we just dont know yet... But lets cuts tomoyo story here, the AS is way too depressing for me.
Tomoyo After is depressing? Or are you guys talking about the main route which I can understand.
Old 2008-08-08, 02:21   Link #231
Stargaze
Lost in the starry sky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Tomoyo After is depressing? Or are you guys talking about the main route which I can understand.
I think he is talking about the After Story, Nagisa's (do correct me if I'm wrong )

btw Tomoyo After IS depressing though.
Old 2008-08-08, 19:10   Link #232
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

in what way?
Old 2008-08-08, 23:02   Link #233
shaoron
AQS representative

this episode is a blasphemy!

there's no dango daikazoku at the end!
have rolled the rick over nine thousand times
yet never gonna give you up
so as I sing, UNLIMITED RICKROLL WORKS
Old 2008-08-09, 14:02   Link #234
Taricitous

Send a message via MSN to Taricitous
i dont think u need to tell us
Quote:
this episode is a blasphemy!
again ....
Old 2008-08-12, 19:49   Link #235
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Today this moment i am reminded of the joy of watching animes. Being brought to tears from Tomoya's depression and then the reunion ending. Such powerful emotions. I think i'm gonna go cry and suicide somewhere while i curse and wish i had such a girlfriend equivalent in real life.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2008-08-14, 18:58   Link #236
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Pure speculation, but never say "never"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invi View Post
I mean... Maybe KyoAni is planning to kill two birds with one stone? After finishing Clannad TV and releasing Extra Episode, they are ready to start Clannad After Story and right after AS, Tomoyo After as OVA(s). Two Key games getting anime adaptation at once:heh:
Until there is official word from KyoAni itself or any reputable news outlet, anything about KyoAni animating Tomoyo After must be treated as pure speculation. I'm going to assume that this is an "unknown" until word comes otherwise.

However, given KyoAni's reputation thus far, I'm gonna stick to the position of "never say 'never'". ;)

--Ian.
Old 2008-08-15, 08:11   Link #237
typhonsentra

It seems to me they're at least considering it if they released something like this.
Old 2008-08-15, 10:21   Link #238
Invi
*Fansubber

Ian, you are right, this is speculation, but...imo it makes sense. I don't believe they did Tomoyo chapter just because there was not enough love for her in CLANNAD TV, or because fans wanted them to do. I'm sure KyoAni had some ulterior motive to release Tomoyo Extra ep

Time will tell what was their ulterior motive.

PS
If they did Tomoyo chapter just because there was not enough love for her then I demand Kyou chapter & Kappei chappter too
Old 2008-08-20, 13:12   Link #239
Ryu-kun
Dragon - Igniton
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Ryu-kun
10/10 I enjoyed fully even though one episode isn't enough I am happy from whats there.

Tomoya and Tomoyo make a good pair and his struggles of school and such reminds me of when I was younger trying to work and be more closer to the girl I had a crush on.

And yeah TA is alot sadder.

Click siggy to join Toradora club~
Old 2008-08-23, 17:10   Link #240
kamuinoyume
OMAE WO SHINJIRU!

To be honest, I liked Tomoyo's ending better than Nagisa's 9/10.