AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favorite Pairing in Code Geass R2
Lelouch Stays Single 141 13.51%
Lelouch x C.C. 678 64.94%
Lelouch x Kallen 340 32.57%
Lelouch x Millay 54 5.17%
Lelouch x Harem 121 11.59%
Suzaku Stays Single 148 14.18%
Suzaku x Nunally 60 5.75%
Lloyd x Millay 23 2.20%
Viletta x Ougi 179 17.15%
Rival x Millay 93 8.91%
Lloyd x Cecile 116 11.11%
Kanon x Nina 45 4.31%
Xing-ke x Tianzi 150 14.37%
Todou x Chiba 81 7.76%
Gino x Anya 52 4.98%
Cornelia x Guilford 142 13.60%
Zero x Kaguya 87 8.33%
Others (please list) 96 9.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1044. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-13, 02:42   Link #1981
LAngelo

XD oh god I can't stop laughing. Kanon x Nina...common people, I though we all knew where Nina's real preference lies.
Old 2008-08-13, 02:53   Link #1982
Stretch5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAngelo View Post
XD oh god I can't stop laughing. Kanon x Nina...common people, I though we all knew where Nina's real preference lies.
She's tsundere for Elevens.
Old 2008-08-13, 02:56   Link #1983
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAngelo View Post
I voted for it. She could at least give him one round in the sac. That way she'd have at least done something that wasn't fueled by pure hate or obsessive devotion.
Old 2008-08-13, 03:18   Link #1984
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Not to sound too crude, but the closest thing Nina likes to 'hard wood' is Oak.
Old 2008-08-13, 03:25   Link #1985
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Not to sound too crude, but the closest thing Nina likes to 'hard wood' is Oak.
I'm sure she's not picky about what kind of table she gets it from, so long as it has corners.
Old 2008-08-13, 03:37   Link #1986
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Bad jokes aside, this list already needs revision. There's no point in placing a Lloyd x Milly category if she broke it off (that's the end of it right there, and even if people prefer it, I can still say I prefer Lelouch x Shirley and yet that coupling won't happen either). If Guilford is confirmed as dead, Cornelia x Guilford'll have to be taken off the list, since they removed dead couples. Kanon x Nina has no basis at all, he hugged her when she was depressed and that's it.
Old 2008-08-13, 03:50   Link #1987
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
That was our point with UnnamedPhenemenom. We think hero147 is right about that. So why do you bring that again :O

Fixed

Sorry Wita
oh no you didn't Narona! my logic bombs are getting ready to fire.
Old 2008-08-13, 04:10   Link #1988
Ring

Quote:
That was our point with UnnamedPhenemenom. We think hero147 is right about that. So why do you bring that again :O
Just clarifying further. If there was no need, nevermind.
Quote:
As much as I would like to agree with you I'm not so sure about the Q-1 thing. Yes, on the battle field she is the Black Queen on the chess board for Lelouch. Even more so now. Not completely sure that will translate as to being the Queen to his heart in the end.
The writer or producers has already shown that they're willing to break the rules of chess. That move Schniezel did, putting his King purposely into check, was an illegal move. You can't purposely move your King into check. Just doing that already lost him the game.
If they are willing to break that fundamental rule, then who knows.

I try to avoid speaking about spoilers in here. The only real ones that I know of only seem to go up to episode 20, and there are summaries from magazines that currently go up to 22, but that's just short sentence summaries.
I see what you mean for both cases. They don't necessarily restrict themselves to strictly follow chess rules for the story like you said. Kallen has been the Queen piece in battle since R1 and that didn't necessarily translate into a spot in his heart.

I suppose it all boils down to Lelouch's side of things rather than specifically these things.

The supposedly upcoming scene in those spoilers should give us some hints at where this is going. At least I think it would.
Old 2008-08-13, 04:25   Link #1989
Sinn
Pwnage

I used to think SuzakuxShirley was pretty good too until she was killed. And I'm surprised, people actually vote for KanonxNina...
Old 2008-08-13, 04:43   Link #1990
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring View Post
Just clarifying further. If there was no need, nevermind.

I see what you mean for both cases. They don't necessarily restrict themselves to strictly follow chess rules for the story like you said. Kallen has been the Queen piece in battle since R1 and that didn't necessarily translate into a spot in his heart.

I suppose it all boils down to Lelouch's side of things rather than specifically these things.

The supposedly upcoming scene in those spoilers should give us some hints at where this is going. At least I think it would.
I'm not going to pretend that I'm without bias at all. I have my favorite pairing, but I'm not going to just dismiss things that I can see will contradict me. I think my evidence is strong, but nothing is set in stone.
The Q-1 thing, while very interesting, is hardly solid. I rather look to character development and reactions to events. I believe the fact Kallen spent her better time in jail talking with Nunnally and learning about the kind side of Lelouch has much more meaning. It would seem like a waste of all those scenes if nothing came from it.

From what I know I don't think the next episode will really set things. The episode AFTER this week's I think will be more important.
I just feel that with all the mysteries left in this series we are getting to the point where it's going to be too late to create new pairings. They need to explain the mysteries with Marianne's death, her past with the Emperor, the Emperor's plan, What Schniezel will do with the knowledge of Geass, his new bombs, how will Suzaku reclaim his sanity after committing mass slaughter, all things Anya, and now we have Nunnally and Sayako's fate.

I have a theory that Gino is key to saving Suzaku. He seems to really care for him. Here's hoping it doesn't take Gino's death to snap Suzaku out of it.
Old 2008-08-13, 04:45   Link #1991
FoxxFireArt

I posted this in Kallen thread, but I thought it was worth a mention here as well

Kallen Article
There is this article that looks so interesting, but it's too small for translation. Only the titles can be read.

Titles:
Kouzuki Kallen: The warrior that continues believing in Zero.
[From Terrorists To The Black Knights]
[Trusting in Zero? or Lelouch?]
[Live As A Japanese]
[Meeting Nunnallly and Suzaku Again]
[Versus Knight of Rounds Luciano]
[Back in Battlefield!]
The decisive battle takes place on the governor building! Britannia army is about to execute Kallen, but Sayoko shows up. Together they escape with the new Guren.

You can tell it at leasts go up to episode 18. Interesting that her conflict with Liciano gets it's own part, but nothing about Gino. Guess he could get a mention in the 'Live As A Japanese'. OHHH, how I wish this was large enough for translation. The one about C.C. had some interesting information, but nothing ground breaking. I think this was from Newtype.
I do wonder if that article title, Kouzuki Kallen: The warrior that continues believing in Zero is pre-BK betrayal or post.

Last edited by FoxxFireArt; 2008-08-13 at 05:00.
Old 2008-08-13, 04:48   Link #1992
Sinn
Pwnage

Hey they show scenes of Kalulu too .
Old 2008-08-13, 04:51   Link #1993
Var
Banned

Quote:
You can tell it at leasts go up to episode 18. Interesting that her conflict with Liciano gets it's own part, but nothing about Gino. Guess he could get a mention in the 'Live As A Japanese'. OHHH, how I wish this was large enough for translation. The one about C.C. had some interesting information, but nothing ground breaking. I think this was from Newtype.
There was a bigger version posted by Isegrim in the spoiler and speculation thread. Gino is never mentioned. It focuses mostly on why she fights, rise up to being an OoBK member, and a large amount about Lelouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
Hey they show scenes of Kalulu too .
Lelouch's name appears in the article a fair bit.
Old 2008-08-13, 04:55   Link #1994
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
There was a bigger version posted by Isegrim in the spoiler and speculation thread. Gino is never mentioned. It focuses mostly on why she fights, rise up to being an OoBK member, and a large amount about Lelouch.

@Var: Would you know what page in the Spoilers Thread? I'd like to read that.

Well, to be fair; I think all the articles of all of characters, Kaguya, Rakshata, and C.C.'s; mention him in some way or form. He is the star of the show, you know?
I thought for sure Gino would get a mention in that part. He was the person who posed the choice to her. As much as I dislike the idea of that pairing, That surprises me.
I'd love to read the translation of this article. I was able to read C.C.'s.

Last edited by FoxxFireArt; 2008-08-13 at 05:38.
Old 2008-08-13, 05:04   Link #1995
cupahe
Banned

Quote:
Well, to be fair I think all the articles of all of characters, Kaguya, Rakshata, and C.C.'s; mention him in some way or form. He is the star of the show, you know?
I thought for sure Gino would get a mention in that part. He was the person who posed the choice to her. As much as I dislike the idea of that pairing, that surprises me.
This has to be one of the few forums I've seen seriously discuss this pairing. Even 2ch doesn't touch it with a mostly similar opinion on it, that being that its far to fucking late to be throwing shit into the mix. It has also been noted by several people that the romance subplots have been getting concluded one by one, it'd be shittastic GSD writing to start one now. Of the two conversations they've had, the english equivalent of what they had in 18 was professional/rivalry at worst and militaristic at best. If they were seriously intending to use any of the scenes as pluses for the relationship then they may have wanted to add something romantic or relationship based into them. It is always possible for writers to pull shit out of their asses, but at this point its as likely as ShirleyxSuzaku was when she was still alive, less even.
Unless the writers get stoned on coke, the pairings we're going to see in actions are Kallen and Lelouch, C.C. and Lelouch, Ougi and Villeta, and then the rest of the actual plot.
Old 2008-08-13, 07:28   Link #1996
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post

Can you give a Link to the translation please?
Old 2008-08-13, 07:31   Link #1997
Var
Banned

Quote:
Can you give a Link to the translation please?
There is none, I read it (hurriedly) in my spare time during work. XD
Old 2008-08-13, 07:47   Link #1998
cupahe
Banned

Quote:
@Var: Would you know what page in the Spoilers Thread? I'd like to read that.

Well, to be fair; I think all the articles of all of characters, Kaguya, Rakshata, and C.C.'s; mention him in some way or form. He is the star of the show, you know?
I thought for sure Gino would get a mention in that part. He was the person who posed the choice to her. As much as I dislike the idea of that pairing, That surprises me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupahe View Post
This has to be one of the few forums I've seen seriously discuss this pairing. Even 2ch doesn't touch it with a mostly similar opinion on it, that being that its far to fucking late to be throwing shit into the mix. It has also been noted by several people that the romance subplots have been getting concluded one by one, it'd be shittastic GSD writing to start one now. Of the two conversations they've had, the english equivalent of what they had in 18 was professional/rivalry at worst and militaristic at best. If they were seriously intending to use any of the scenes as pluses for the relationship then they may have wanted to add something romantic or relationship based into them. It is always possible for writers to pull shit out of their asses, but at this point its as likely as ShirleyxSuzaku was when she was still alive, less even.
Unless the writers get stoned on coke, the pairings we're going to see in actions are Kallen and Lelouch, C.C. and Lelouch, Ougi and Villeta, and then the rest of the actual plot.
Continuing from where I left off: You've assemlbed through pictures of a few episodes why the entire Gino/Kallen idea seems impossible. Look at it this way, in the very first episode of season 2 you had an interaction between Kallen and a wiped-Lelouch which was similar to this, but different at the same time. It spanned the same time and yet went far deeper into meanings that the aforementioned conversation did. She then has a big scene in 2, a small one in three with C.C., more through 4-6, a big one in 7, another big on in 9, then in 10 and 11 is from both her and Lelouch, 12-18 were spent talking about Lelouch culminating in her showing her true face when Lelouch arrived and then saving Lelouch. It took roughly 18 episodes to get her this far, you said yourself that you are a writer, don't you think it'd be a little forced or odd to create a believable Gino relationship in 7'sodes? Gino is also a person that is completely different from Lelouch, and people don't have massive spectrum of what types of people they fall in love with. And if anyone tells me she's not in love with Lelouch your insane, C.C., Shirley, and Kallen are all in love with him.
This Gino stuff amounts to saying C.C. could end up with, say, Charles because he wanted to grant her wish and she's been talking with him on various occasions through the season. From what I've seen on 2ch and other boards, if they do do it, the overall opinion amounts to: shittastic writing that breaks the flow of how things are developed in this story. As a writer you should know the important of keeping pace of plot lines. Code Geass has never broken its pace, the main plot has always been retarded fast, the romance plot has been a turtle racing on a track covered in glue, and the other smaller side plots have been stretched out fiascos that all amount to something mind breaking at the end.

Now, what pairing do I like? I want my harem CCLelouchKallen end. If not then ill take either CCLelouch or KallenLelouch or CCKallen.
Old 2008-08-13, 08:31   Link #1999
Sinn
Pwnage

I don't get why cupahe replies to firefox as if he/she is some ginoxkallen fan Obviously, we all know Kallen is in love with Lelouch.
Old 2008-08-13, 08:35   Link #2000
pingva

Kallen isn't in love with Lelouch(just for fun)
Closed Thread

Tags
romance