AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Old 2004-11-23, 13:03   Link #1
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Akane Maniax OVA

While this series has not yet been licensed it is produced by MFI, therefore we won't be listing fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is "restricted", the following posts are no longer allowed in this thread.
  • Asking where you can find Akane Maniax downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing Akane Maniax fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Akane Maniax.
  • Asking for playback help for Akane Maniax episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story. End of edit by Mod (xris)
---
Considering it's not a fansub, nor is it really a part of KGNE, I figured it was ok to make a new thread for this.

It's basically just a 30 second TV spot for Akane Maniax, gives people who hadn't heard the voices before a good idea how it'll sound, plus a general tone of the story.

http://homepage.mac.com/gwchang/akamani_30s_cm.mov

Last edited by xris; 2005-12-22 at 06:58.
DarkCntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 05:15   Link #2
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Talking Akane Maniax OVA!!!!

Just watched the first episode of this OVA, wow this is complete 180 degree turn from KGNE The hotblood crazy Gouda simply pwns that hypocrite wuss Takayuki! GO Gouda GO!!!

Oh and Akane is super HOT and CUTE!!! AKANE La Festa!!!
Spoiler for umm... maybe disturbing to some, click with care :p :

PS: since it is not a finished series, and I'm not sure if it can count as part of KGNE series, I think this OVA deserves a new thread for discussion

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-11-25 at 05:57. Reason: Threads merged
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 05:54   Link #3
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=24219
DarkCntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 20:25   Link #4
DaFool
Resident devil

If you search the title in animenewsnetwork, it is described as a spinoff of KGNE characters, described as

comedy, mecha, romance

Yeah, this looks interesting, they're really going to pull the fanboys in on this one.

I'ma downloading the raw right now.

Any groups express interest in subbing this?
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 21:15   Link #5
BOZZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
If you search the title in animenewsnetwork, it is described as a spinoff of KGNE characters, described as

comedy, mecha, romance

Yeah, this looks interesting, they're really going to pull the fanboys in on this one.

I'ma downloading the raw right now.

Any groups express interest in subbing this?
So far it appears as though Lunar is definetly doing it and Onigiri is thinking of doing it...
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 21:21   Link #6
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
This is obviously a fanboy trap, yet I'm strangely drawn to this OVA...

They should have made it about Haruka though.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 22:27   Link #7
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Just watched the first episode of this OVA, wow this is complete 180 degree turn from KGNE The hotblood crazy Gouda simply pwns that hypocrite wuss Takayuki! GO Gouda GO!!!

Oh and Akane is super HOT and CUTE!!! AKANE La Festa!!!
Spoiler for umm... maybe disturbing to some, click with care :p :

PS: since it is not a finished series, and I'm not sure if it can count as part of KGNE series, I think this OVA deserves a new thread for discussion
Looks very tasty indeed
Can't wait until it's getting subbed...
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 00:21   Link #8
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Heh can't wait for it to be subbed as well... Gouda is crazy! Fanservice, and mechas what more could you ask for?
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 08:35   Link #9
bluemist
i am the mist

Here we go!

2 groups have the first Akane Maniax OVA already out.

I watched it, and...

Brings back memories! Some background music are similar to Kiminozo, and Akane... remains angsty as usual! Still can't get over Bakayuki, eh? So from one weird guy to the next, in the person of Gouda! She really has no luck with men...

Spoiler:

The new (Muvluv) characters are quite nice, and Chizuru... CHIZURU!! (meganekko syndrome) cute~~~! Gouda daydreams too much, and heck he doesn't deserve Akane. How would this end? I can't play the game so I wouldn't know, I hope they don't get together or something...
Old 2004-11-29, 09:02   Link #10
Blitzwing01
Longtime Lurker

I think the highlight of the episode for me was the 17 seconds of that wonderful Rumbling Hearts piano rendition. That's what the piano version should sound like! The "pf" version and "pianoarrange" versions that I know exist are alright, but I must have the full version of this one, anyone know a cd which would have it? I want to transcribe it!
Blitzwing01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 10:31   Link #11
Lost Souls

Well, as a fan of the original in a HUGE way i was eagerly awaiting this. And what a let down. It was so lame it defies belief. Cann't believe i wasted bandwidth downloading this, i want my bandwidth back!!! hehehe

It couldnt be as far from KGNE if it tried, oh well back to KotOR 2 for a while then
Lost Souls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 11:30   Link #12
KoopaTroopa

It wasn't that bad. I liked how they referenced KgNE throughout the episode, especially the beginning with the cellphone. Only problem I have with it is the way Gouda is drawn, he looks out of place in there with the way everyone else is displayed. I'm like, he reminds me of Goku from DragonBall Z with that hair. I hope he doesn't end up with her at the end.

I hope in the second OVA, more guys try for Akane's affections...be more interesting than just Gouda going on or dreaming for 20 mins. Also, how he reacts to jealousy, and maybe losing her to someone else; he can't stand to lose, so losing someone so important to him would be great.
KoopaTroopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 12:05   Link #13
nitz

Is it just me? or anyone else notice the *slight* similarity in name and appearance to akane in Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien? I wonder if the ova is somehow related...

Edit: Its definately akane from kimi, just saw the scene with narumi on her cell
nitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 12:06   Link #14
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitz
Is it just me? or anyone else notice the *slight* similarity in name and appearance to akane in Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien? I wonder if the ova is somehow related...
I think it's just you
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 12:17   Link #15
Vide
Lurker

I really liked the first episode of this, atleast it made me laugh.

After finishing watching KgNE I was sad for many weeks, so a
comedy set in the same place is pretty neat.

I hope the guy get Akane, don't really know why..
Vide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 12:41   Link #16
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoopaTroopa
I'm like, he reminds me of Goku from DragonBall Z with that hair. I hope he doesn't end up with her at the end.
Looks more like this guy to me (for the record both of them are voiced by Tomokazu Seki)

Gouda is definitely a parody of a hot-blooded anime hero... The way he and those guys he fights in the beginning of the episode is drawn is very similar to how they draw characters in super robot anime, and all those mecha references adds to it. I guess he's supposed to be contrasted with Takayuki who's quite the opposite of him as he's the typical angsty wimpy anime hero.
Old 2004-11-29, 13:34   Link #17
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
I guess he's supposed to be contrasted with Takayuki who's quite the opposite of him as he's the typical angsty wimpy anime hero.
All the Takayuki type characters should be liquidated, preferably by shooting them in their nu.. erm, never mind. I must find out how "Mecha" is introduced in this spinoff. Dreamless's screenshots of the episode also add to the fascination. Btw, what anime is that character from? I saw him in couple of AMVs and all of his appearances were comical.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 14:38   Link #18
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Btw, what anime is that character from? I saw him in couple of AMVs and all of his appearances were comical.
That character is Domon from G Gundam, which I think is Tomokazu Seki's first work as a CV, or at least first major role as a CV... Gouda here seems to be a combination of Domon of G Gundam and Gai of Nadesico IMO, both are famous roles by Tomokazu Seki (and both are over-the-top hotblood guys ). I think there must be some hardcore G Gundam/Nadesico/Tomokazu Seki fans in AGE, this Gouda character seems to be just specifically designed for him
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 15:24   Link #19
Marine-RX179

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
That character is Domon from G Gundam, which I think is Tomokazu Seki's first work as a CV, or at least first major role as a CV...
You're right, he did the voice for a not-so-main character in V Gundam (the gundam series just before G Gundam).

Just to be fair Gouda IS deeply in love with Akane and is TRYING his very best, but he's just naturally stupid and keep messing things up.....hey, being dim-witted is not a crime

Last edited by Marine-RX179; 2004-11-29 at 15:39.
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 17:02   Link #20
Mr. Shabaz
Lazy Member

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shabaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Souls
Well, as a fan of the original in a HUGE way i was eagerly awaiting this. And what a let down. It was so lame it defies belief. Cann't believe i wasted bandwidth downloading this, i want my bandwidth back!!! hehehe

It couldnt be as far from KGNE if it tried, oh well back to KotOR 2 for a while then
Well, after watching this, my opinion of this show tends to favor what Lost Souls here said. It just wasn't good.

Maybe I too was jaded from being a big fan of KGNE. Maybe it's because I've never played the Akane Maniax game. However, this show was just dissapointing. It felt more like "Gouda Maniax w/ a special guest appearance from Akane".

I also noticed the voice actress for Akane was different from KGNE. Personally, I liked the original voice better. That's just my personal preference though.

Last edited by Mr. Shabaz; 2004-11-29 at 17:17.
Mr. Shabaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
âge, comedy, ova, romance, seinen