AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 05
10: Amazing... 37 42.53%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 32 36.78%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 10 11.49%
7 out of 10: Good... 4 4.60%
6 out of 10: Average... 3 3.45%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 0 0%
4 out of 10: Poor... 1 1.15%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-05-26, 09:12   Link #121
Destined_Fate

Well, not all the new gen watchers even know who Lalah is and Gundam has a history of shafting Cyber Newtypes whenever they can even if they redeem them right before their deaths. As for Lalah, she wasn't a Cyber Newtype but a Natural so maybe there's hope that Marida might not die but I have my doubts. Killing her may be used to put some extra angst on Banaghar than showing his humility by forgiving or something.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 09:58   Link #122
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I personally expect Marida to die. Not only because of what past series have commonly done with cyber newtypes, but because there is always one or more main/lead supporting character(s) that seems to bite the dust in UC Gundam series and Marida seems like the most likely one.

Anyways I'm just shocked, but thrilled, she has lasted this long (though for sure this episode was her last for a while there). Maybe they'll surprise us with her living out this whole series.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 14:35   Link #123
casval cehack

Finally got the chance to watch it: didn't expect Irma's cameo. Great to see details like the Unicorn's deployable cleats. Slight nitpick would be the poor training of the Anksha and Rezel units. Terrific episode nonetheless.

The zero-g tea scene seems out of place but the sandwich making scene were priceless.
Old 2012-05-26, 15:52   Link #124
JC...
I am a Pie

They could have at least spared a minute for a more focused fight scene with an Anksha.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 15:55   Link #125
Liquidzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
i liked the episode. big step up from episode 4 in my opinion!

Spoiler for EP5:

umm did you watch char's counter attack? yeah total realism there...
Liquidzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 16:14   Link #126
Liquidzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
You are. While I personally did enjoy recent shows for being good at what they do (except GSD), but Age... I don't think you could watch it alongside Unicorn and not end up wishing to shank the fool who green-lighted it. The quality gap is simply enormous.
I really feel you all are making an unfair and ridiculous comparison. The quality gap is enormous? It's pretty obvious, AGE is a tv-series, Unicorn is an OAV series with a motion picture budget each episode, gaps of 6 months to a year between episodes, as well as having the foundation of a light novel series that finished back in 2009 which itself seems to have been pretty well crafted.

I love Gundam Unicorn, but at the same time I feel that AGE is an impressive attempt. The problem is that by trying to condense 3 generations into a 50 or so episode series you come up with all the problems AGE is having right now. Unicorn has the luxury of telling a specific tale of a one month period that is part of a larger story line. It has an already rich canon of lore to draw off of, while AGE has to create it as it goes along.
Old 2012-05-26, 21:31   Link #127
rakusukira

awesome episode. just plain awesome. the action was insane!!

Banagher and Audrey moment stole my heart away..
Riddhe is going to be the Fllay Allster of this series. they just can't stop bitching around.

the UC cameos were a treat!!

is this the first time we get to see Audrey smile?? she's soooooo cuuute

Last edited by rakusukira; 2012-05-27 at 01:09.
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 04:33   Link #128
Liquidzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
And that Audrey will jump out of an aircraft and Banagher catch her midair is standard in every Gundam serie, she isnt the first and wont be the last. But i must admit i like the scene very much, it was very well done and sweet. I love the BGM (Audrey theme) in this scene. When the Garancieres appeared out of the clouds, i god how i wish Gundam Unicorn would/could actually really be 3-D.
I think it's supposed to be a parallel from how they first met in episode 1, he even says the exact same line "i'll get us through this."

But i completely agree with the Audrey theme. Thanks for making me check if he did say the exact same thing, cause i got to watch the scene again haha!
Old 2012-05-27, 05:33   Link #129
DV04

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Slight nitpick would be the poor training of the Anksha and Rezel units.
Well, I can understand the Garuda's defense forces being not so good, but the General Revel forces were caught off guard by the Sleeves. Since this is the first episode of Angelo's new unit, you gotta show how badass it is, lol.

This was a great episode and the interaction between Banagher and Mineva was touching. It was nice to see some old faces in this episode such as Kai. I was hoping for the Jesta to do more in this episode, but their character's action on the ship was enough for me. The Banshee beat down on the Delta Plus was cool and it showed how menacing the Banshee was. I am not a fan of Riddhe, so I had a smirk from all the crap he was getting in this episode. I love the animation sequence of the Sinanju equipping the bazooka on its beam rifle. It was a fitting end for the episode.
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 05:34   Link #130
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidzero View Post
I think it's supposed to be a parallel from how they first met in episode 1, he even says the exact same line "i'll get us through this."

But i completely agree with the Audrey theme. Thanks for making me check if he did say the exact same thing, cause i got to watch the scene again haha!
yup, it's exactly a parallel of how they first met, but this time... they are no longer strangers to each other. and i think Audrey has learned to finally trust him

"I'm not alone.." -- that made my day
Old 2012-05-27, 08:41   Link #131
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV04 View Post
Well, I can understand the Garuda's defense forces being not so good, but the General Revel forces were caught off guard by the Sleeves. Since this is the first episode of Angelo's new unit, you gotta show how badass it is, lol.
That's probably the acceptable explanation for the Rezels and the Jegans reaction to the Hamma Hamma's beams and even General Revil's missed shots.
Old 2012-05-27, 13:11   Link #132
rakusukira

is it just me... or was the BGM a little bit restrained in this episode?? I was actually expecting it too be explosive like in episode 4 where it was like track after track after track especially during the battle with Shamblo...
Old 2012-05-28, 04:36   Link #133
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Another win for Gundam Unicorn.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 11:43   Link #134
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I finally had time to watch this episode.

Now Riddhe is becoming an anti-Gundam freak in charge of Banshee, I wonder how long would it take for that unit to absorb his soul and leave him catatonic.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 11:51   Link #135
Destined_Fate

Riddhe would get along well with Season 1 and Season 2 Graham.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 12:46   Link #136
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Riddhe would get along well with Season 1 and Season 2 Graham.
Nah. Graham would reject Riddhe. Graham's desire to defeat the Gundams was to better himself as a MS pilot/warrior and revenge his fallen comrades. Riddhe's reason is because he got rejected by a girl who loves a pilot of a Gundam. Graham would Bright slap Riddhe saying there is no honor in that reason.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 00:51   Link #137
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

What exactly was he looking for in this shot?
Spoiler for image:

I thought the only other Dogosse class ship was destroyed?
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 05:58   Link #138
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
What exactly was he looking for in this shot?
Spoiler for image:

I thought the only other Dogosse class ship was destroyed?
The Sinanju OS can't identify the new Dogosse Gier-class derived General Revil based on the available database, displaying a partial match with the original Dogosse Gier. Which didn't even faze Full Frontal.
Old 2012-05-29, 07:24   Link #139
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Nah. Graham would reject Riddhe. Graham's desire to defeat the Gundams was to better himself as a MS pilot/warrior and revenge his fallen comrades. Riddhe's reason is because he got rejected by a girl who loves a pilot of a Gundam. Graham would Bright slap Riddhe saying there is no honor in that reason.
i just don't understand why Riddhe would hate Banagher just because Audrey chose to be with Banagher instead. I mean, it was retarded of him to bring Mineva in the care of his father, that was a delusional request.
Old 2012-05-29, 14:05   Link #140
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
i just don't understand why Riddhe would hate Banagher just because Audrey chose to be with Banagher instead. I mean, it was retarded of him to bring Mineva in the care of his father, that was a delusional request.
His whole mental state has become disrupted/unstable, it's not just that. I guess there's a lot of material the anime skipped.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
episode discussion