AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-22, 12:06   Link #381
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Whoa, aren't you killing off Misa (Akiho's sister) a bit too fast?
Nobody said that she died and...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Don't you think that the misterious woman at the end of the episode really resembles her?
I guess it's a bit hard to tell since they have a different hairstyle but the eyes and the sad face are practically identical. Plus she received a call from Akiho (and she turned it down), who else could she be?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 12:28   Link #382
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Whoa, aren't you killing off Misa (Akiho's sister) a bit too fast?
Nobody said that she died and...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Don't you think that the misterious woman at the end of the episode really resembles her?
I guess it's a bit hard to tell since they have a different hairstyle but the eyes and the sad face are practically identical. Plus she received a call from Akiho (and she turned it down), who else could she be?
I suppose it's possible, I mean I was caught up in the implication that this was the Frau Kojiro Kaito had been talking about, but I suppose it'd make for an interesting twist if it was the case. Hard to know though, I mean this is an I.G production and their character designs often tend to have very similar looking and less outlandish appearances across characters than say most anime where you'll see characters with wacky hair colors and the like so it could just as easily be someone entirely different as it could be an aged Misa instead.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 19:00   Link #383
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Right. He does care about Akiho, there's no doubt about that. He wouldn't stick with her otherwise. But I feel she's the only thing he cares about. He doesn't seem interested in the robot competition, the building of Gunvarrel or anything else besides Akiho's happiness for that matter. That makes him rather dull in my eyes. I wish he were a little bit more outgoing. As of now, he's a bore to watch for me.
Yeah, while it's great to see that he does care it's the other 90% of the time when he's doing nothing that really makes him tough to get behind. Most of the time he's just saying give up or "I won't move unless you beat me at a game in which I'm one of the best on the planet." Thus even when he does take some action for Akiho's sake it doesn't make him feel any less dull. I'm sure future episodes will help in getting into his head. Still, for now it's just a case of hoping they get more people in that club. Having Akiho racing around at top speed along with Kaito's hidden assistance can't really carry this thing for too long.
Old 2012-10-24, 20:02   Link #384
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Oh wow at the message here
Do you guys are using spoilers of the Novel here ?

Godamn
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 16:44   Link #385
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 3:
Old 2012-10-25, 19:39   Link #386
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for episode 3:
Spoiler for Ep3:
Old 2012-10-25, 20:12   Link #387
leokiko

3:

Over already? That sure was fun, with the crazy narrator and Aki yelling all the moves' names. His disease is quite like a cheat code, isn't it? When they lost, I just knew Kaito would blackmail the guy to get a win for their school. Looking foward to the next episode when they will hopefully introduce the last "main" character of the Robotic Club(the blonde chick), she seems like a fun character, and Kaito seems to know her surname(she's famous after all, surrounded by all the reporters).

In regards to their disease, on the flashback this episode both Aki and Kaito were passed out on a boat with a bunch of other people. Wonder what happened there and what her sister meant at the end.

Overall awesome episode.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 20:25   Link #388
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Spoiler for Episode3:

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 23:15   Link #389
Azuma Denton
~AD~

FABOLOUS !!!
Why did a Star Driver character participating in Robo One tournament? Shouldnt he fight Tauburn instead??

So Kaito is having the opposite effect from Akiho? One is having time move too slow, another one is having time move so fast. Interesting...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 23:39   Link #390
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ep3.

Man, I had no idea Nanjou Yoshino was so good. She really gives life to Akiho. I did think Kimura Ryouhei was good, and he is.

I liked how Kaito's disinterestedness became an asset in the tournament, keeping him so calm. Not as laid-back as usual, but pretty laid-back.

But the whole thing went a bit fast and was a bit too contrived for me. On to ep4! Good developments lurking.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 23:44   Link #391
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

So, the scene from the beginning of episode one seems to be at some undetermined future from everything we've seen so far. This episode we got a glimpse at the blonde girl with pig tails we saw in that first scene in episode one. She's presumably joining the club soon I'd guess.

I wonder what the big issue is between Aki and her sister that makes them both not want to talk to each other. Older sister totally gives off the "I'm sleeping with my boss" vibe.

So, flashbacks!

Some cruise boat.

Presumably Aki, passed out. Bunch of other people passed out in the background. Who's hand is she holding on to? Kaito's? That hand looks awfully big.

Presumably that's Kaito. Also, presumably, this pass-out party has something to do with Kaito and Aika's time-related issues. What do these flashbacks have to do with the red aurora, assuming it's even an aurora (didn't think you can see an aurora from Japan). Remember, these flashbacks look to be similar to the ones from episode two. Just, they were all happy looking on that boat in that episode.
Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2012-10-26 at 01:15.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 01:52   Link #392
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I will agree that Kaito is a bit of a mopey dullard (albeit with a heart of gold it seems), but IMO no more so than characters like Kyon from Haruhi or Oreki from Hyouka were early on. Again we're talking about only the second episode where we are just starting to learn more about what makes these characters tick besides giant robots. If he's still a dull and uninspiring character 10 episodes from now then I'll have a lot more to say about the matter, but somehow I doubt it and I think a simple matter of patience and sticking with the show will see the day through on this matter. I'll just say rare is the two cour anime series where I've completely fallen in love with the core cast after only 40 minutes. Usually it takes at least a month for me to really start getting into a cast and to get a feel for what makes them tick.
Thing is though, I liked Oreki because I can relate to wanting to take things at a leisurely pace and finding it difficult to related to more outwardly enthusiastic people - yet at the same time not being truly disinterested (though Oreki tries to deny the last bit). Hyouka's excellent portrayal of that sold me on the show from the first episode all the way to a frankly brilliant finale - quite impressive for a show I expected very little from going in.

Whereas our protagonist here honestly reminds me of this:
Spoiler for image:

I may find a lot of social situations tiring but I have a distaste for these kinds of hyper-antisocial types too. There aren't that many shows where the male lead actually manages to annoy me, the first couple episodes of this have managed to be a notable exception.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 01:58   Link #393
garbage

ok, seems like robotics:notes is starting to gather speed now plot wise with the cast slowly gathering.

Kai seems to have the same illness as Aki , what with the slow motion during the robot fight. what's with that , and the Aurorae too. guess this is not your regular world/earth setting

me guess the new girl at the Airport is the Kill-Ballad programmer ... IDK maybe ^^, seems she just suddenly transferred in, interested much in Kai?
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 02:57   Link #394
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
me guess the new girl at the Airport is the Kill-Ballad programmer ... IDK maybe ^^, seems she just suddenly transferred in, interested much in Kai?
That was my guess right from the first episode. It would be quite awesome if she were, since she's supposed to be very skilled and join their club after all.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 07:17   Link #395
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Spoiler for Episode3:
Good catch. That does seem to suggest his condition is always active on some level. If that's the case then it's no wonder he's good at the game.
Old 2012-10-26, 08:48   Link #396
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Have quite enjoyed this up to now - particularly love the chemistry between Kaito and Akiho. Nothing seems all that forced in terms of those two - I get the vibe of they've been friends for so long, that despite their faults, they'll always be together in some context (the trashtalk from the first opponent was particularly amusing, referring to them as a couple and Kai having good controls 'in bed' I actually watched that bit twice, purely because I found that bit pants-on-head hilarious).

Only thing I find rather odd about the whole thing is the character in the ED sequence. It's not quite on the level of non-sequitur as Symphogear (and a lesser note, Madoka Magica), but it doesn't seem to fit for me at the moment - perhaps more episodes are needed to find out what that character's relevance is?
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 09:22   Link #397
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I may find a lot of social situations tiring but I have a distaste for these kinds of hyper-antisocial types too. There aren't that many shows where the male lead actually manages to annoy me, the first couple episodes of this have managed to be a notable exception.
Are you sure we're watching the same show then cause he seems plenty capable of socializing to me, just not the extreme outgoing type. Now if you want to talk about anti-social characters I think Subaru fits the bill better, but I'm just really not seeing what's supposed to be so unlikeable about Kaito at all. Are we talking about how he challenges everyone to a game of Kill Ballad all the time, because I think that's supposed to be something of a running gag more than anything.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 10:07   Link #398
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

So Ginga Bishounen joins the ranks of the Robotics Clubs. Will Frau Kojiro be next? She seems to have her eyes on Kai. Better watch out Aki-chan, because while I was SQUEEING like a fangirl at the boat flashback scene, next episode it seems you've got some competition on board!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 10:52   Link #399
Blaat

Mister Pleiades, this is what Char would look like if the Star Driver team remakes the original Gundam in their vision. (and may it never happen)

I'm really loving this series and it should even better now that Mister Pleiades is part of the club.
Old 2012-10-26, 11:05   Link #400
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I agree with Kaoishin Sama. I don't see Kaito as all that negative, really. His negativity is partly a front, as well as a comic schtick for the anime. He clearly supports and likes Akiho, and will do almost anything to help her -- after some obligatory resistance. I mean, if you are with such a ridiculously positive person all the time, you have to devise some kind of defense in order to avoid constantly being swept this way and that. In the end, the depressive shield he erects around himself served him well by keeping him calm during the fights.

I also agree with viper_dk: "...particularly love the chemistry between Kaito and Akiho. Nothing seems all that forced in terms of those two...." Credit the script and direction, but also Kimura Ryouhei and Nanjou Yoshino (<-- avatar at left).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-10-26 at 11:37.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction