AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2006-10-15, 16:44   Link #361
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

chart of Negima characters

I quit watching the first Negima in part because I couldn't keep all the characters straight. So I've made a character chart for the new anime.

The chart has a pic of each student, names their seiyuu, links to the ANN page for the seiyuu (or to the entry in the hashihime seiyuu gallery, if I have one there) and gives a brief description of the character, taken from the official site for the new anime. Just making it has helped me a lot.

(cross-posted to the voice-actor appreciation thread)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-10-15 at 16:59.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 17:54   Link #362
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I really like the thought of that character introduction scene as a way to introduce the class as a character, rather than just mini-intros of the characters. Each of the students were talking to each other so you saw how they interacted together, not just in isolation. It was very much a class.
Same here I liked the way they were introduced too.

Quote:
I'll just refer everyone to the "fish dance ritual" of episode one of the first series.... my gods that was awful.
You just brought back a horrible repressed memory...
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 01:20   Link #363
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Yeah, a lot of people were trying to repress memory of the fish dance. It is memories like that which help this remake to really shine by comparison. Not having read the manga first, I didn't know that it was being unfaithful to the manga in the very first scene and got a bad impression of the manga right there.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 01:35   Link #364
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

this fellow the manga just as little as the first version ... but compered to that it manage to do it with succes ...

hmm ... in the OP one of the girls loses her skirt ... but ... isn't there something written just in front of them ... shouldn't it be possable to decifther it?
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 02:06   Link #365
Scorpio3.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilen View Post
hmm ... in the OP one of the girls loses her skirt ... but ... isn't there something written just in front of them ... shouldn't it be possable to decifther it?
I actually tried that but I couldn't make out the number XD Maybe with a higher quality picture, but I couldn't make it out with the Raw I have.
Scorpio3.14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 03:55   Link #366
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

i can only make out one number ... the one closest to the screen ... as far as i can read it is #13 ... Konoka
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 04:38   Link #367
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

yeah, im a little late, but i sat down and watched the first episode and it looks very promising. i like how they changed the classroom setting to a more modern college layout. the art style works well. there was no filler events and all the important story elements were pleasantly force fed to you. looks like they are trying to get the story moving ASAP.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 08:20   Link #368
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Yeah, a lot of people were trying to repress memory of the fish dance. It is memories like that which help this remake to really shine by comparison. Not having read the manga first, I didn't know that it was being unfaithful to the manga in the very first scene and got a bad impression of the manga right there.
the fish-dance is actually one of the better parts of the first season for me
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 15:26   Link #369
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Oh dear. Considering that you liked the fish dance, are you enjoying this remake? Considering that this remake is about the furthest possible remake from the outrageous and nonsensical comedy embodied by that fish dance.

(The answer to this question will reveal just how broad your tastes are. I wonder if you're going for the gold.)

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-10-16 at 16:06.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 15:46   Link #370
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

He... *liked?* the fish dance??????? Maybe if she'd been doing some Shinto ritual... heh, maybe that is what the disheveled priestess garb is about in the first episode - perhaps it was an indirect reference to some shamanic nonsense love spell she was trying to execute before school started.
Old 2006-10-16, 16:01   Link #371
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
He... *liked?* the fish dance??????? Maybe if she'd been doing some Shinto ritual... heh, maybe that is what the disheveled priestess garb is about in the first episode - perhaps it was an indirect reference to some shamanic nonsense love spell she was trying to execute before school started.
I thought the fish suit was hilarious.

Otherwise I didn't like season 1 very much. There were a few good moments, but overall a crappy series. Overwhelming stupidity and bad animation didn't make a good combination. The last episode was just so bad I don't know how I managed to watch all of it.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the first episode of this new series. Animation was way, way more professional and the characters just worked better somehow. Though I did notice some inconsistencies with the characters' facial features. For example, when Negi introduces himself in front of the class, his head is incredibly wide. Also, the new character designs aren't as close to the original manga designs.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 12:01   Link #372
MetaFire
Wuthuh?

After watching the first two eps, I can say I like this version a lot more than than it's previous version. I could hardly get myself to sit through a whole episode or even half an ep of the first series. The way it's animated definately makes a difference. I the new animation since it seems that there's a lot going on in every scene presentation-wise. Some might find it annoying, but I find it pretty intriguing, especially with the subtleness of some jokes in the background. Also, the fact that they get most of the students involved in the classroom scenes in both eps without it being too crazy awkward takes skill. These scenes could be really bad if they were a bit slower or faster than what they are now. Already the action-orientedness and the story focus so far is great, I hope they can keep it up.

The op was mildly interesting. It sounded like instead of starting at the beginning of a 4 minute or so song, they started with the last 90 seconds of it, where all the dialogue is the bridge or something.
MetaFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 13:03   Link #373
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I agree with MetaFire about this new Negima. The revision thus far has been very intriguing for me. I am starting to wonder how the plots for other characters will unfold... the story's moving very quickly which makes me rather glad having followed the manga beforehand.

The PPD feel is very strong. (It reminds me of how people are crying about Kanon revision having a strong, distinct AIR + SuzuHaru feel) The story feels to be a bit darker but that is fine. As it is, I have no idea how far we'll go with the manga storyline. I guess it's wait and see there.

btw, I am curious as to whether or not fansub groups would be using the high-def bs-i broadcast for their raw? It does air a little later...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2006-10-17 at 16:11.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 17:08   Link #374
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Just throwing this in.

Ever since Ep2 revealed that "interesting" OP, there has been many arrangements showing up for it on Youtube. Here are some of my picks:

Original (Ep2 Talk ver.)

Original (Full song ver.)

Negiponi Dash!

Black Lagoon ver.

schwarzweiβ ~霧の向こうに繋がる 世界~ ver. (theme of Atelier Iris, by Shimotsuki Haruka)
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 17:23   Link #375
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
I was waiting for that to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
& wow, i'm pretty shocked at how well Red fraction goes with the video. :3
Old 2006-10-17, 17:40   Link #376
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Okay, after episode 2 I'm totally sold on the art and direction. Story and action? Remains to be seen, but they're not painful or anything so I'll definitely keep watching.
Old 2006-10-17, 20:56   Link #377
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

I think its coming along nice. i dont like how they made evan and the thousand masters battle though. i prefer when she fell in the pit and he poured garlic on her

i do like the color palette they use during all the vampire scenes or when the moon is out. kind of reminds me of tsukuyomi moon phase also.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 23:01   Link #378
SvenTheSweeper
***** YES!! *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
i do like the color palette they use during all the vampire scenes or when the moon is out. kind of reminds me of tsukuyomi moon phase also.
I had simliar thoughts; the general mood and comedic tone reminds me of Tsukiyomi Moon Phase.

So far, after watching the first two episodes I am liking the series. It's quite a difference from the first series. Although I do miss some of the silliness of the first one, however the second one is a much better production.
SvenTheSweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 23:13   Link #379
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Is it confirmed that the endlessly kick-ass Kotarou will make it into this version, or is that still up for conjecture?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 01:29   Link #380
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've seen no confirmation nor any design art that would give me any confidence about Kotarou .... but then we have no idea what they have planned after the Evangeline arc. I'm kind of ambivalent about him but he is important to the Kyoto and Festival arcs and it would be a shame to cut him (or those some version of those arcs).

EDIT: d'oh... ignore my first sentence. I just spotted him in an early release photo..... I'd say that's a pretty good sign he'll at least make an appearance and they do have him centered in the pic with all the girls.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-10-18 at 02:24.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote