AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-11-15, 03:07   Link #121
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Just came out last Tuesday.

Justice League + Unlimited it's entirety along with bonus material for $90! Sadly, I'm going to have to delay my purchase due to the fact I need to get my laptop fixed and it would strain my wallet too much. I'm still trying to get it before next year, though.
Is the bonus material worth it? I just watched Justice League/Unlimited a couple of weeks ago. The entire series again. But I downloaded it of course. $90? Probably wouldn't do that even if I was a millionaire.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 03:29   Link #122
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

It's an extra feature "Unlimited Reserve: Exploring the Depths of the DC Universe on the 15th disc. There may be more, but I don't know. The packaging is also collectible.

$90 comes off as a lot, but they're offering 91 episodes plus the other stuff. That's less than a dollar per episode(raw), which is a good deal. Much better than the majority of the licensed anime prices.

Though, if you've downloaded already, I wouldn't bother to be honest. I'm doing it because I don't download series. And I don't have any bills to pay.

Last edited by Dilla; 2009-11-15 at 03:42.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 03:54   Link #123
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Ok I just watch Superman Batman Public Ennemies... and it's really disappointing!
It's the first DC movie that I don't really like, the chara design isn't so good, the soundtrack is bad, story is boring. Well, one thing is cool: Batman.

It's Bruce Timm who did this movie? I'm a bit disappointed...

Amanda x Luthor is... wth

They should stop this kind of chara design... It looks like Teen Titans (well no, I go too far ). Make something more "dark"!

I would like to see a DC movie for Batman... Well there are these episodes of Gotham Knight, but they are disappointing.

Anyway I watch the trailer of Justice League: Crisis on two Earth's, I hope it will be better than SBPE... Well, WonderWoman is back, that's cool .

DC should make a new serie, but with a good chara design, stop this "childish" design, I hate that!

PS: I need to watch this Justice League: New Frontier...
Old 2009-11-15, 04:13   Link #124
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Well Justice League: THe New Frontier was based on the limited six issue series of the same name...and Wonder Woman was based loosely on George Perez's 1987 revamp. And Green Lantern: First Flight is obvious...at least the method of how Hal Jordan got his powers.
At least it's not the Justice Lords.
Old 2009-11-19, 08:46   Link #125
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I watch New Frontier, not bad; the design is a bit strange, a bit "old"; but it's ok (remind me the first Superman/Batman I watched when I was young )!
The story was good but the final boss was a bit boring...
We can see Green Lantern debuts!

The music is a bit disappointing.
Old 2009-11-19, 13:32   Link #126
Samari
World's Greatest

Rewatching Batman the Animated Series. About 50 episodes in. And I have to say this is by far the best when compared to Superman the Animated Series and Justice League/Unlimited. The stories are FAR superior...as Batman in a lot of episodes seems to be just a "master of ceremonies" as the stories often focus on the lives of everyday people that may or may not turn into villains. Batman is just along for the ride in most cases...seeing that justice is served. That wasn't the case in Superman as the episodes often focused on the Man of Steel and how HE dealt with things that came into his life. There is a lot more emotion in Batman as well. The villains are more interesting, but that was already a given. The music is also far better and helps envoke that emotion.

I like Superman and Batman equally, but as far as the Bruce Timm era goes, Batman takes the cake.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2009-11-19, 13:46   Link #127
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I agree with you; Batman the Animated Series was the best of the DCAU. But it was also the first, and over time the entire DCAU gradually seemed to adopt the hero-centric style you mentioned from Superman. They might have done this to make the stories less complex and (arguably) less mature, though this is just my guess.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 21:07   Link #128
aimboy234
Proud Filipino

I dont agree with you guys, cause I think that The Batman is the best Batman series, cause it introduced new concepts, and new ways to look at villains such as Firefly and Riddler, especially his new gothic look...
Old 2009-11-20, 09:27   Link #129
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimboy234 View Post
I dont agree with you guys, cause I think that The Batman is the best Batman series, cause it introduced new concepts, and new ways to look at villains such as Firefly and Riddler, especially his new gothic look...
God I hated that cartoon. I thought it was terrible. But that's just me.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2009-11-20, 13:47   Link #130
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimboy234 View Post
Well The Batman isn't part of the DCAU; it takes place in its own continuity. I didn't mind The Batman, but it quite frankly does not even come close to holding a candle to Batman: The Animated Series.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 05:06   Link #131
Albafica
Pisces no saint

God! You like THE BATMAN!!!! INCREDIBLE ! Well it's your opinion .

I prefer Batman: The Animated Series too: the atmosphere, the soundtrack, everything, but well, I can understand some people who prefer The Batman because it's really different.

Anyway, I bought OST of Batman: The Animated Series and the phantasm mask, it's great, but a lot of track miss! Too bad, I wanted the soundtrack from the episode "Appointment in Crime Alley", the soundtrack was so good...
Old 2009-11-21, 06:26   Link #132
BanishingBook

*enters bandwagon.* Geez! Who here likes The BATMAN!

The only good thing about the show "I think" is its guest heroes, well that's just me you know. What do you guys think?

*raises sign and walks away, it reads "Please bash THE BATMAN and Jeff Matsuda"* ROFL
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 05:00   Link #133
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Guest heroes? You speak about heroes from Justice League (unlimited)?

I prefer to watch Justice League which is awesome!
Old 2009-11-24, 04:48   Link #134
BanishingBook

^ - I mean guest of the episode, you know Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter and so on...
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 20:36   Link #135
aimboy234
Proud Filipino

I only liked a few episodes of The Batman especially ones with Hugo Strange and some Riddler action...
I also like the guest heroes that's why I says it's the best, frankly I haven't watched any Batman:TAS so I guess I better watched old batman series before I make those silly opinion...
Old 2009-11-25, 11:50   Link #136
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Oh! Yeah! Go watch the old Batman TAS, it has well-aged.
You're right, episode with Hugo Strange and riddler are good.
Old 2010-03-28, 02:51   Link #137
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I need to watch Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths!!!

By the way, there will be a new DC movie animation on summer 2010:

Batman: Under The Red Hood

It looks incredible! I don't know the story, I don't read the comics, but some people say that this comic is incredible!

I WANT IT!!!
Old 2010-03-28, 06:30   Link #138
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just got my Justice League Crisis on Two Earths.
Pretty much I didn't like Superman trying to act "COOL" here. Similar to the comic, though there are many changes.
Spoiler for Batman:

Will be looking forward to Batman Under The Red Hood.
Jonah Hex btw has already has a movie on the works.
Old 2010-03-29, 06:46   Link #139
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Just got my Justice League Crisis on Two Earths.
Pretty much I didn't like Superman trying to act "COOL" here. Similar to the comic, though there are many changes.
Spoiler for Batman:

Will be looking forward to Batman Under The Red Hood.
Jonah Hex btw has already has a movie on the works.
About Batman's role towards the end of the film:
Spoiler for Batman's final role in the film.:

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2010-03-31, 02:44   Link #140
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I watch Justice League Crisis on Two Earths and I think that it's a good movie! Better than Superman/Batman Public Ennemies in my opinion. But my favourite DC movie remains Wonderwoman. Ah and about her, it's good to see her again in this movie, she's cool .

Batman was cool too in this movie, I like him; Owlman too. I was a bit surprised that Batman can move like this, he has one ribs broken...

It's strange to see the Joker and Luthor good .

Graphics are good, the soundtrack isn't bad and the story is ok.

Fights are excellent!

I need Batman: Under The Red Hood !