AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-06, 05:32   Link #141
Eid

Just watched EP1, brings back the old good feelings.. mmmmmmmmmm ... nice.. Also brings the feeling that I will again need to wait for 30 eps for 1 fight to end.. hehehe
Eid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 05:47   Link #142
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

Very nice, but it'd be utterly AWESOME if they completely redid everything and the WHOLE SERIES looked like the OP and ED. (i.e. like 'Dragon Ball: Yo! The Return of Son Goku and Friends!!', which btw, felt like epic fail to me, plotwise that is.)

Guess that's a lil too much to ask?
Konpachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 06:06   Link #143
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konpachi View Post
Guess that's a lil too much to ask?
I'd say that's just wrong. Keeping the original designs from the beginning is what makes this so much fun for we who watched this when it first aired all the more fun. Updated the character designs would 100% destroy this for me.
Old 2009-04-06, 07:27   Link #144
iceyfw

i seriously hope they're not going show all the old footage with slightly more detailed scenes and less spamming beams. of course it brings back old memories of watching DBZ, but i feel like i'm watching a repeat of it 13 years ago.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 08:42   Link #145
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
DBGT, story-wise, was a piece of crap. But it had awesome musics, and the drawings were quite good.
Yeah, music was alright but the animation was really good, that is why it is shame. As far as I'm concerned, and few others, GT never happened, but some people just love Goku in SSJ4 form

I know people are saying that it's great that they will cut out the fillers, but I say, in DBZ, few were rather good. I actually loved Garlick Jr. Saga, and the only filler where Yamcha, Tenshinhan and Chauzu really kick ass on King Kai's planet will not happen, which is kinda sad
Old 2009-04-06, 08:57   Link #146
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I at least hope they include Piccolo and Goku learning to drive. Best episode ever.
Old 2009-04-06, 11:03   Link #147
mouhitori

Great new op & ed, and the pacing is still ok, we'll see how much is changed when the first fight starts!
I think this is mainly to promote the second dragon ball ds rpg game anyway, so there wasn't much hope for a remake, especially with how the economy goes over there...
mouhitori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 12:29   Link #148
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
I know people are saying that it's great that they will cut out the fillers, but I say, in DBZ, few were rather good. I actually loved Garlick Jr. Saga, and the only filler where Yamcha, Tenshinhan and Chauzu really kick ass on King Kai's planet will not happen, which is kinda sad
There is a valid reason why many people (including myself) don't like the filler. It is because a lot of it doesn't make any sense. You've actually listed two prime examples that support this.

In the Garlic Jr. Saga, characters like Yamcha, Roshi, Chi Chi, and Bulma, were able to give Piccolo a hard time. What kind of a silly joke is that? This is Piccolo we're talking about here; someone who was able to fight on equal terms with Second Form Frieza and got even stronger after that by getting healed by Dende. The aforementioned four characters don't come anywhere close to the level of power from First Form Frieza, so how is it that they were giving Piccolo trouble when he was stronger than Second Form Frieza by that time?

The battles with the Ginyu Force on King Kai's planet made no sense either. Perhaps Guldo could've been defeated, since he was by far the weakest member, but as for Recoome, Jeice, and Burter (all of whom have power levels of 40,000), Tien and Yamcha would get slaughtered by them. They would be lucky to even break 10,000, and that's being very generous since they are only humans and they didn't get their potential unlocked by Guru.

So yeah, you can see why filler creates so many problems and why it gets hated on. It's a good thing DB Kai is having it removed, so that we can experience it as being as close/true as possible to the manga. If you really like the filler material, the original version is always there to watch.
Old 2009-04-06, 13:36   Link #149
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeDeR View Post
If Mr. Popo is dead i no longer wanna see this...
Man I need a refresher course. Who's My. Popo again?

I forgot the name of that wolf martial arts guy.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 14:14   Link #150
rpgman1

This brings me back memories. Glad I was able to watch it again. Can't be DBK and FMA: Bro. are already licensed by Funimation. I don't think it will be possible to bring back the original VAs since they all moved on to other things.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 15:15   Link #151
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Man I need a refresher course. Who's My. Popo again?

I forgot the name of that wolf martial arts guy.
Mr. Popo is Kami's assistant up on the look out.

Yamcha is the name of that wolf martial arts guy.
Old 2009-04-06, 16:33   Link #152
Alchemist007
*Author

This scared me for a second, thought they were remastering it AGAIN, and I'm already collecting the box set remasters by Funimation. But some 'new' form of it is just more awesomeness!
Old 2009-04-06, 18:46   Link #153
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
There is a valid reason why many people (including myself) don't like the filler. It is because a lot of it doesn't make any sense. You've actually listed two prime examples that support this.

In the Garlic Jr. Saga, characters like Yamcha, Roshi, Chi Chi, and Bulma, were able to give Piccolo a hard time. What kind of a silly joke is that? This is Piccolo we're talking about here; someone who was able to fight on equal terms with Second Form Frieza and got even stronger after that by getting healed by Dende. The aforementioned four characters don't come anywhere close to the level of power from First Form Frieza, so how is it that they were giving Piccolo trouble when he was stronger than Second Form Frieza by that time?

The battles with the Ginyu Force on King Kai's planet made no sense either. Perhaps Guldo could've been defeated, since he was by far the weakest member, but as for Recoome, Jeice, and Burter (all of whom have power levels of 40,000), Tien and Yamcha would get slaughtered by them. They would be lucky to even break 10,000, and that's being very generous since they are only humans and they didn't get their potential unlocked by Guru.

So yeah, you can see why filler creates so many problems and why it gets hated on. It's a good thing DB Kai is having it removed, so that we can experience it as being as close/true as possible to the manga. If you really like the filler material, the original version is always there to watch.
You are right, at some point, many things didn't make sense but quite a few fillers actually did, especially when involving all those forgotten human characters at later parts. The time at King Kai's planet moves much faster then the real world. You think that fusion with Nail was the only power up Piccolo got? Why the hell would he come to Namek if he didn't got stronger with training at Kai's place, he had no idea that he can fuse with Namekian, so his trip there was a waste if he didn't think that he can deal with Friaza in his first form.

As the time quickly flew by the Earth trio managed to complete the tasks that were done by Goku and train even further at Kai's place, and would eventually power up and gain enough strength to take down Ginyu Force. That fact isn't too impossible to imagine.
Old 2009-04-06, 20:53   Link #154
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'd say that's just wrong. Keeping the original designs from the beginning is what makes this so much fun for we who watched this when it first aired all the more fun. Updated the character designs would 100% destroy this for me.
I like the original designs but I would not have minded the OP designs.

We already have the original series, it would be boring to make something too similar.

Quote:
Yeah, music was alright but the animation was really good, that is why it is shame. As far as I'm concerned, and few others, GT never happened, but some people just love Goku in SSJ4 form
Is that even possible? my god
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 21:05   Link #155
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I at least hope they include Piccolo and Goku learning to drive. Best episode ever.
Yes I love this episode

I keep asking myself should I watch this? The opening makes me feel nostalgic but 100 episodes is still a lot to commit to and it's just a shortened version of something I already saw. Maybe I will just pay attention to this thread and watch episodes with favorite moments again.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 21:08   Link #156
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Yes I love this episode

I keep asking myself should I watch this? The opening makes me feel nostalgic but 100 episodes is still a lot to commit to and it's just a shortened version of something I already saw. Maybe I will just pay attention to this thread and watch episodes with favorite moments again.
Yes, you shall :3
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 21:12   Link #157
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Watching DBZ once again brings back memories. I'll keep on watching this.

Loved the OP.

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2009-04-06 at 21:25.
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 21:20   Link #158
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Gosh, I originally watched DBZ in english dubs, so these Japanese ones kind of irk me.

I kind of felt the same way. Maybe its because I was so used to the english voices. Then again watching the ol DBZ every now and again I still like the english over the japanese so I think its just one of those animes that I prefer the english over japanese. Then again as long as a dub is good I'll usually watch it instead of the japanese voices.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 21:24   Link #159
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
You are right, at some point, many things didn't make sense but quite a few fillers actually did, especially when involving all those forgotten human characters at later parts. The time at King Kai's planet moves much faster then the real world. You think that fusion with Nail was the only power up Piccolo got? Why the hell would he come to Namek if he didn't got stronger with training at Kai's place, he had no idea that he can fuse with Namekian, so his trip there was a waste if he didn't think that he can deal with Friaza in his first form.
Of course fusion with Nail wasn't the only power up Piccolo got. I never said that. Piccolo couldn't deal with First Form Frieza before fusing with Nail. This is why Nail told him that if he merged with Kami before arriving on Namek, only then he would have been able to beat Frieza. Do you even remember what Frieza's power level was in his first form? It was 530,000. Piccolo himself was nowhere near that. Hell, I don't even think he was stronger than Nail. Recall that Nail had a power level of 42,000, implying that he would be more than able to take on the Ginyu Force (except Ginyu), something that even Vegeta was unable to do, and it is more than likely that Piccolo was weaker than Vegeta at that time.

Quote:
As the time quickly flew by the Earth trio managed to complete the tasks that were done by Goku and train even further at Kai's place, and would eventually power up and gain enough strength to take down Ginyu Force. That fact isn't too impossible to imagine.
Goku trained for a little less than 6 months on King Kai's planet, and he went from a power level of 334 to 5000. Keep in mind that he's a saiyan, so the rate at which his strength grows is much faster than that of the humans. Tien, Chaotzu, Yamcha, and Piccolo, spent a period of 5 and a half days training before the Ginyu Force arrived. Piccolo had a base power level of 1220 on Earth when he battled the saiyans. Tien, Yamcha, and Chaotzu were all under that for sure, since Piccolo did have the highest power on Earth before Goku arrived. So in that short amount of time, you really think it was possible for the earthlings to match or surpass a power level of 40,000, despite the fact that their strength doesn't grow nearly as fast as a Saiyan's? That doesn't sound very feasible to me.
Old 2009-04-07, 00:11   Link #160
rpgman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I kind of felt the same way. Maybe its because I was so used to the english voices. Then again watching the ol DBZ every now and again I still like the english over the japanese so I think its just one of those animes that I prefer the english over japanese. Then again as long as a dub is good I'll usually watch it instead of the japanese voices.
I'm not sure if we're going to get back the original English cast since they moved on. The same goes for FMA 2 since it was Funimation who licensed both series which made them popular in the U.S..
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote