AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 166 69.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 50 20.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 5.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 1.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.42%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.42%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.42%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.84%
Voters: 239. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-27, 15:14   Link #241
SimplyEd
Claytard

This is getting more and more ridiculous with each post.
Why are you insisting that there definitely was a rape? You should probably read the manga yourself there, and i mean the japanese version. There's not a single word of rape. The panels do not show a rape. The youma pins her down and does not lift her dress. Look at the following panels when the youma gets sliced. He was about to kill Clare, not rape her.
Even if you don't want to believe otherwise, you'd have to, at least, admit that there's not enough proof.
Old 2007-05-27, 15:25   Link #242
HinaThePrince

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyEd View Post
This is getting more and more ridiculous with each post.
Why are you insisting that there definitely was a rape? You should probably read the manga yourself there, and i mean the japanese version.
I don't read Japanese. But I think I can trust the scanlations. And it never says "sex", either, even though it's there. I'm not saying the rape is DEFINITELY there, but I am saying it sure looks like it. Yagi-sama's way of spinning the story is more a "show, don't tell" one, anyway. He never told us directly "THIS IS A FLASHBACK" in the Teresa arc, and half the fandom was convinced there are two Clares. It's a basic skill of picking up what's between the lines. Not everything has to be spoon-fed for you.
Old 2007-05-27, 15:31   Link #243
SimplyEd
Claytard

The danger with reading between the lines lies in the possibility that you're starting to see stuff that isn't there.
As for the remembrance. I was never confused about it depicting the past, just as many other people. Just because some people are confused, that doesn't mean that everything is just a blurry, indirect way of storytelling that needs to be surgically cut open and than read between the lines with a bag full of fantasy.

Sorry if this sounds aggrevated. I'm not in a bad mood or something.
Old 2007-05-27, 15:38   Link #244
HinaThePrince

Quote:
As for the remembrance. I was never confused about it depicting the past, just as many other people
I know, I said "half the fandom", not "all of it".

Quote:
that doesn't mean that everything is just a blurry, indirect way of storytelling that needs to be surgically cut open and than read between the lines with a bag full of fantasy.
But that makes everything so much more fun!

...Or maybe I just watch too much Utena, whatever. D:
Old 2007-05-27, 15:46   Link #245
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
The danger with reading between the lines lies in the possibility that you're starting to see stuff that isn't there.
As for the remembrance. I was never confused about it depicting the past, just as many other people. Just because some people are confused, that doesn't mean that everything is just a blurry, indirect way of storytelling that needs to be surgically cut open and than read between the lines with a bag full of fantasy.

Sorry if this sounds aggrevated. I'm not in a bad mood or something.

But that`s the fun part!!
Old 2007-05-27, 15:50   Link #246
SimplyEd
Claytard

Apparently, it would seem so.
Old 2007-05-27, 18:11   Link #247
BlackMadonna

I'm still in shock O______________O
I hate pricilla, dat's official. >< She killed Teresa by employing dirty tricks, never in a million years would she have killed her if she didn't used sneaky tactics.
I wish we could get to see more of teresa in future episodes, she had just become my favorite character ;__;
Old 2007-05-27, 19:01   Link #248
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Okay, let's just drop that little bit about the abuse thing - let it be debated in fanfiction. I'm not going to ruin my head anymore trying to figure it out officially. Besides, this is suppose to be the thread about Priscilla's and Teresa's respective downfalls, not about Clare's past abuse...

If it becomes even more debatable in the future, then let a mod make thread for it. Not saying that everyone didn't have respective good points to make for either argument, but this is ultimately not the place for it, ne?
Old 2007-05-27, 20:17   Link #249
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Well, I must admit up until this episode the series really hadn't caught my attention. However, after seeing this one it blew me away The way Teresa went down was unexpected, but sorta cool and sad at the same time lol.

Good back story though cause now we know Clare's reason for becoming a Claymore and this all will lead to a showdown with Priscilla (HOPEFULLY).
Old 2007-05-28, 02:17   Link #250
Key Board
Carbon

I'd say she is as sexually abused as Guts from Berserk is
Old 2007-05-28, 07:17   Link #251
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I'd say she is as sexually abused as Guts from Berserk is

And by saying that, you would have to give an explanation and an overview who Guts of Berserk is, in a spoiler box.
Not everyone knows every character from other anime/manga series after all.
Old 2007-05-28, 07:48   Link #252
DarkSide Hero
Hero From the Darkside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
For one thing, physical abuse doesn't have to turn sexual. For another, there was a practical reason they kept Clare around: it was so they wouldn't be suspected of being youmas.

Also, we have no idea if youmas even have sexual urges, or if they find humans attractive that way. (I mean, do you want to have sex with a youma? Why would you assume they would want to have sex with us?)

I'm not saying it's impossible. But so far, they haven't shown anything in that direction.
They do, it's called playing with your food.
The woman yelled over her shoulder to her husband watching a game to ask who she was voting for. He responded, "we're votin' for the n***er!" The woman turned back to the canvasser and said matter-of-factly, "we're voting for the n***er."

In this economy, racism is officially a luxury.
Old 2007-05-28, 15:55   Link #253
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yeah, well, I'm never eating at your place, Darkside Hero.
Old 2007-05-28, 21:40   Link #254
Kollunz

ohhhh mai gawd that was such a surprise that teresa got pooned. it made me read the manga to find out what happens next....lol....
Old 2007-05-28, 22:09   Link #255
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

On Priscilla's yoma form... Is it just me or does she look like a fallen angel to anyone else? The first time I saw it, that's just what popped into my head. With the single horn bieng taken from an Oni.
Old 2007-05-29, 01:36   Link #256
SimplyEd
Claytard

Hmm, i always thought she looks quite...demonic. Although i have to say that she has one of the more attractive transformations going on.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-05-29 at 03:24. Reason: spoiler deleted
Old 2007-05-29, 03:54   Link #257
myopius

I loved this episode. The personality of Priscilla after her transformation was marvelous. Clare cradling the severed head of Teresa was also brilliant. Of course the entire thing was brilliant.

I read a series description for Claymore when looking up info on the manga before it started airing and knew this was going to happen and thought for sure it would happen right around when it did, but seeing Teresa take that attack was still a terrible feeling. Yep, she really was getting soft. x.x I was just thinking that whole time, don't let your guard down because you think she's had the change of heart and decided not to fully transform, just remember she's unstable and capable of immensely quick and powerful attacks and kill her as you'd kill someone you're fighting, but, nay, it happened anyway. =\
Old 2007-05-29, 06:23   Link #258
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Hmm, i always thought she looks quite...demonic. Although i have to say that she has one of the more attractive transformations going on.
Her awakening reminds me of Rei during 3 Impact, just more evil and with lesser wings.
Old 2007-05-29, 07:06   Link #259
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
Yep, she really was getting soft. x.x
Actually, at that time she was acting exactly like Priscilla was only preaching about till her end. Teresa was the one who changed her character and lifestyle for the better. Priscilla lost to her own "convictions" in the end.
Teresa may have gone "soft", but ultimately she remained the stronger one of them. In terms of skill and moral.

Should one really have wished for Teresa to chop Priscillas head off, when she had all those chances? I don't think so and it wouldn't have fit Teresa any longer.
It's sad but, she did everything right and yet got killed. Was she stupid for falling into Priscillas trap? She was careless, but that was how she chose to live in the end. Priscilla chose to give in to the rage and hatred, against her supposed image.

At this day, righteousness truly failed, but in a different way than one would expect.
Old 2007-05-29, 08:08   Link #260
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

"Righteousness fell with Teresa but in doing so, her blood nurtured the seed(s) that will bring forth a light that will overpower the abyss of darkness..."

Sorry but the story-telling mode hit me so I had to word my comment as such.
Closed Thread