AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-06-13, 22:33   Link #321
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
I'd love to SC online with you guys, but I don't have battle net.
.... no more suger for you at night
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 23:00   Link #322
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Nobody's talking about the vid several posts up? I near had a heart attack once I saw carriers back in action. Every time I see something new, I'm impressed at just how much Blizzard is doing to shake up old strategies. Moveable photon cannons? nice.
Old 2007-06-13, 23:13   Link #323
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Makes sense story-wise; there is no high Templar left technically. The Aiur engineers merely made do with what they know merged with that the Dark Templars got.
After a second look...

The new carriers SUCK .

They have around 320 shield and 250 HP, BUT THE SHIELD ONLY ACTIVATES AGAINST GROUND TO AIR . One tomato cannon=GG carrier now .
Old 2007-06-14, 00:42   Link #324
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
After a second look...

The new carriers SUCK .

They have around 320 shield and 250 HP, BUT THE SHIELD ONLY ACTIVATES AGAINST GROUND TO AIR . One tomato cannon=GG carrier now .
So?...maybe unit costs have been adjusted. Besides, bring some protoss AA units with carriers and it's a non-issue. Sounds like they're probably working to make carriers a more balanced/useful unit.
Old 2007-06-14, 01:04   Link #325
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Actually correction. 150 HP give or take. It took 6 BC shots to take down a tempest when it hadn't been hit before (at least in the current video). And in the previous video, it took like 8 missiles to kill it when it lost its shields from the terran turrets. I'd be somewhat fine with it if the shields activated vs. air, but for a 6-food unit to go down as easily as a 2-food one to airborne units?

It's like it's not a carrier anymore but the protoss version of a zerg guardian!
Old 2007-06-14, 01:43   Link #326
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Actually correction. 150 HP give or take. It took 6 BC shots to take down a tempest when it hadn't been hit before (at least in the current video). And in the previous video, it took like 8 missiles to kill it when it lost its shields from the terran turrets. I'd be somewhat fine with it if the shields activated vs. air, but for a 6-food unit to go down as easily as a 2-food one to airborne units?

It's like it's not a carrier anymore but the protoss version of a zerg guardian!
Where in the world are you getting 6 food from? Some people keep reacting to all these individual changes as if they were changes to the current game, which in fact they're not. It's a completely new game. A sequel, if you will. If you hadn't noticed, they've replaced pretty much every Protoss unit in the game with a different unit. I would assume absolutely nothing about what hasn't been revealed, and even what's been revealed is subject to change.

I can't believe people are already complaining about balance...
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 02:10   Link #327
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Erm... Battlenet is free and you immediately have access to it so long as you have an Internet connection.

Eh? ò_Ó?
Don't you need a valid CD-key to get into Battlenet? Mm.. I am noob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut89 View Post
Where in the world are you getting 6 food from? Some people keep reacting to all these individual changes as if they were changes to the current game, which in fact they're not. It's a completely new game. A sequel, if you will. If you hadn't noticed, they've replaced pretty much every Protoss unit in the game with a different unit. I would assume absolutely nothing about what hasn't been revealed, and even what's been revealed is subject to change.

I can't believe people are already complaining about balance...
What?! Common sense on an internet board, and by an 89-er whatmore?! ...I must be dreaming... if so I don't ever want to wake up...
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 03:26   Link #328
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias View Post
What?! Common sense on an internet board, and by an 89-er whatmore?! ...I must be dreaming... if so I don't ever want to wake up...
Hehe, sorry for having a number in my name. I made it up in a hurry eight or so ago to play Starcraft on battle.net with my friend. Just sort of a, "Hmm, what should the account name be... ah, D&D Monster Manual. Flip to page, ah Bahamut! Taken! (Obviously) Add number... and, yay Starcraft!" situation.

The name seems stupid in retrospect, but I figured it was more important to preserve internet identity than to change it to something that'd get me more respect. Hopefully people will judge me by my words anyway.

And yes, you need a valid CD key to get on Battle.net.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 05:13   Link #329
oi_pinoy

89-er lol.. Then demigod is 86-er. Err?
Btw, can a cd key be shared among others and play in bnet?
oi_pinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 05:16   Link #330
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

no, you will have an error, which will display the name used for the insallation of the one who is already on B.net.

let's say : Thomas X, and Gary Y share the same CD. thomas is already on b.net. if Gary tries to log in, he will see "Thomas X is using the same CD, etc etc", and Gary can't log in.

meh anyway, this isn't too difficult to find the game, and its price is pretty cheap anyway. (Battlechest box ftw XD)
Old 2007-06-14, 05:20   Link #331
oi_pinoy

okay! Hmm...
oi_pinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 10:14   Link #332
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

how can you not afford somthing that's from the $10 bin from walmart? Even EB sells them for free if you trade in some crappy game that you don't play anymore.
Old 2007-06-14, 10:18   Link #333
[Shukaku]

Don't know whether it's been discussed or not, but do you think that they're going to keep it at 3 races for the sake of balance, or will they surprise us by the end? I'm just hoping that if it is a surprise, they keep it one, I hate when things are leaked earlier, it ruins the purpose.
[Shukaku] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 12:51   Link #334
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Shukaku] View Post
Don't know whether it's been discussed or not, but do you think that they're going to keep it at 3 races for the sake of balance, or will they surprise us by the end? I'm just hoping that if it is a surprise, they keep it one, I hate when things are leaked earlier, it ruins the purpose.
The developers already said they wanted there to be three races because of balance issues.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 12:59   Link #335
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
how can you not afford somthing that's from the $10 bin from walmart? Even EB sells them for free if you trade in some crappy game that you don't play anymore.
Okay okay, I'll buy Starcraft when I get the chance to :^D Then people from this thread better show up on Battlenet..
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 13:34   Link #336
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I'll admit, back when I'd just finished StarCraft, I was sort of hoping for additional races. Either the Xel'Naga or the Zerg-Terran hybrids. After playing WarCraft III, I saw that it's difficult to make races incredibly different from each other when there are so many.
Old 2007-06-14, 13:41   Link #337
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

especially that the Xel'Naga and the Zerg/Protoss Hybrid would share lots of similarities with the 2 "lesser" race.
as far as i can see with the trailers, i'm a bit concerned about the dark templar ~~
Old 2007-06-14, 16:45   Link #338
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

I think at the end of that special mission, it wasn't a zerg/toss, I think it's a zerg/terran. Then mostlikely zergs can capture other terran buildings to make things like hydra/firebats or ultra/tank or etc.
Old 2007-06-14, 17:15   Link #339
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
I think at the end of that special mission, it wasn't a zerg/toss, I think it's a zerg/terran. Then mostlikely zergs can capture other terran buildings to make things like hydra/firebats or ultra/tank or etc.
How do you unlock the special mission? I'm gonna be replaying BW pretty soon (replaying SC at the moment).
Old 2007-06-14, 17:19   Link #340
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
It is a Protoss/Zerg hybrid. Zeratul said it as much. Read the mission text again.

Natch.

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows