AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-02-15, 11:28   Link #1
Crusaders
DoMz Member/Asa lover

Send a message via MSN to Crusaders
Final Fantasy XII

Final Fantasy XII - The new FF serie!!! What ya all say, it so cool!!!

PS: not Final Fantasy X-2
Crusaders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 11:35   Link #2
Swann

I put in my preorder a few days ago. Can't wait to play this one.
Swann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 12:39   Link #3
Nemuru

Is this FF XII have a battle system like FF tatics since the preview reminded me of it.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 13:01   Link #4
Crusaders
DoMz Member/Asa lover

Yeah....they said that active time battle will be gone and adding a new battle mode^^
Old 2006-02-15, 13:03   Link #5
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

So whats the story about? Any sites where i can download the opening or something. And like tactic will it have a pair of borther and sister riding off into the sunset like happliy married couple.
Old 2006-02-15, 13:11   Link #6
Crusaders
DoMz Member/Asa lover

try this....http://www.ffinsider.net/ff12/
Old 2006-02-15, 13:11   Link #7
Swann

gamespot link
Old 2006-02-15, 15:36   Link #8
Iron Maw
Banned

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gen...topic=20283065
http://www.ffxii.net/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XII

and if can read Japanese:

http://finalfantasy12.org/ <-- This probably best site you can use to find info on the game.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2006-02-15 at 18:05.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 17:17   Link #9
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Visually the fights look a lot like in FFXI, but I believe it actually works very differently.

The game looks great so far and my only complaint is that Vaan is just so damn metrosexual. They really need to stop creating those feminine male protagonists. They could just copy + paste Auron/Vincent/Cid(FF7)/Barret or something and nobody would complain. :P
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 18:07   Link #10
Iron Maw
Banned

Movies:

http://www.ffxii.us/movies.php
Old 2006-02-15, 19:20   Link #11
Swann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw
Nice site Iron Maw, thanks.
Old 2006-02-15, 19:23   Link #12
monster

It looks okay, but the story seems to be a rehash/mix of VII, VIII, and IX. That's just the first impression I got.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 20:43   Link #13
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
It looks okay, but the story seems to be a rehash/mix of VII, VIII, and IX. That's just the first impression I got.
The game is being directed by Yasumi Matsuno, who's the same guy that made FFT, Ogre Battle Series, Vagrant Story, and if you have played any of those games than you can see that FFXII quite different from FFVII, VIII, or IX.
Old 2006-02-15, 20:58   Link #14
monster

Quote:
The game is being directed by Yasumi Matsuno, who's the same guy that made FFT, Ogre Battle Series, Vagrant Story, and if you have played any of those games than you can see that FFXII quite different from FFVII, VIII, or IX.
Oh, I'm sure it'll be different in many ways. It's just that how the story is set up reminds me of those other games. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 01:38   Link #15
Eclipze

The overall character designs reminds me of MMORPGs, and the so called main characters are abit hard to distinguish: I do feel that changing the hair and replacing it with another looked like the way the different character designs were made.

As mentioned, the character designs dont look very original, nor feel unique. Practically all the male chars are slim and metro-sexual like, and the black hair'ed person showed in the trailer reminded me of Sephiroth.

The battle system itself has also becomed like MMORPGs: you can see the enemy, and they are aggressive. Im not particular happy about this, since it does make it feel no different from playing a MMORPG. Not that the system itself is bad, but its not appealing to me.

The world design (cities and airships) completely reminded me of Star Wars. Heck, they even seem to have the concept of a Darth Vadar archtype in the story.

Cant say Im looking forward to this...
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 03:04   Link #16
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
The overall character designs reminds me of MMORPGs, and the so called main characters are abit hard to distinguish: I do feel that changing the hair and replacing it with another looked like the way the different character designs were made.
I'm not sure what mean. I don't have any trouble telling them apart. nor do have problem on how they look.

Quote:
As mentioned, the character designs dont look very original, nor feel unique. Practically all the male chars are slim and metro-sexual like, and the black hair'ed person showed in the trailer reminded me of Sephiroth.
How are Basch, Balthier, and Vayne metro-sexual? Vayne doesn'y look anything like Sephiroth to me.

Quote:
The battle system itself has also becomed like MMORPGs: you can see the enemy, and they are aggressive. Im not particular happy about this, since it does make it feel no different from playing a MMORPG. Not that the system itself is bad, but its not appealing to me.
Actually, not every enemy will be against you. In fact every Monster in FFXII has AI that allows them to react based on Sight, Sound and Smell. Some won't fight at all unless you use a specific action against them such as casting magic near Bombs. Monsters also fight each other which use to your advantage.

Quote:
The world design (cities and airships) completely reminded me of Star Wars. Heck, they even seem to have the concept of a Darth Vadar archtype in the story.
FFXII's Development has stated that world was inspired by the Mediterranean and the even to a trip down to places like Turkey, Rome etc. Star Wars shares some similar inspirations from the Mediterranean which probably why FFXII looks like Star Wars to you. Airships has always been part of FF since the first game Star Wars didn't come up with them, and FFXII just focus on them much more them then rest of the series.

The similarities between the Judge and Vader is that both wear armor, that's it. There is more than one Judge and neither of them are related to Main Characters. Most of them already show their identifies near the beginning of the game.

Pic of the Judges:
http://www.ffxii.net/image.php?view=...024/wall23.jpg
Old 2006-02-16, 03:50   Link #17
Eclipze

Quote:
I'm not sure what mean. I don't have any trouble telling them apart. nor do have problem on how they look.

How are Basch, Balthier, and Vayne metro-sexual? Vayne doesn'y look anything like Sephiroth to me.
Well, the part about the characters was that, they dont look much different from one another in terms of face (eyes and such) nor expression. They look like character designs taken from an MMORPG, Grande Esplade(sp?).

They give me a feel that, "Hey! I saw that type of character in (insert name of good-graphics MMORPG)". Thats just me though.

Quote:
Actually, not every enemy will be against you. In fact every Monster in FFXII has AI that allows them to react based on Sight, Sound and Smell. Some won't fight at all unless you use a specific action against them such as casting magic near Bombs. Monsters also fight each other which use to your advantage.
Well, I sort-of know about the aggressive part, but the rest of that quote, I had no idea since I cant read the japanese game information.

Quote:
FFXII's Development has stated that world was inspired by the Mediterranean and the even to a trip down to places like Turkey, Rome etc. Star Wars shares some similar inspirations from the Mediterranean which probably why FFXII looks like Star Wars to you. Airships has always been part of FF since the first game Star Wars didn't come up with them, and FFXII just focus on them much more them then rest of the series.
Its not just the airships and the army part, but rather, the design of the airships. One of them looked like an exact copy+paste of Star War's battle crusier.

This screen looks like the celebration scene in one of the Star Wars movies.
http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/ima..._screen006.jpg
This is the person I refered to who gave me a "feel" of Sephiroth.
http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/ima..._screen001.jpg
This is the pic of the Airship/battle cruiser I was talking about.
http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/ima..._screen026.jpg
The face mask reminds me of the ones of the stormtroopers.
http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/ima..._screen009.jpg
Another Star War-ish battle cruiser.
http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/ima..._screen009.jpg

Quote:
The similarities between the Judge and Vader is that both wear armor, that's it. There is more than one Judge and neither of them are related to Main Characters. Most of them already show their identifies near the beginning of the game.
Not nessasarily related to the main characters, more like an archtype for the main baddies in FF XII.

In FF VII, Sephiroth was like, "bad guy who hates humans and wants to destroy the world". IX's Kuja was like, "the manipulator" who was shown to trick the queen into doing what he wants. X's Seymor was somewhat with the same description as Sephiroth, "death to all of Spira."

From the trailer itself (and gamefaqs description), the Judges seem very much similar to Darth Vadar, not just in dresscode, but in agenda. "more power, supreem ruler of the universe".

Last edited by Eclipze; 2006-02-16 at 04:01.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 14:11   Link #18
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Well, the part about the characters was that, they dont look much different from one another in terms of face (eyes and such) nor expression. They look like character designs taken from an MMORPG, Grande Esplade(sp?).

They give me a feel that, "Hey! I saw that type of character in (insert name of good-graphics MMORPG)". Thats just me though.
Oh no, it's not just you. IMHO, Vaan is just a carbon copy of Hugo from Suikoden 3.

And yes, I too feel a lot of Star Wars vibe in FFXII. Then again, I feel that's actually going to be a good thing in the end.
Old 2006-02-19, 16:26   Link #19
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Well there is a glaring difference between sephiroth and seymour...sephiroth was a badass, Seymour was a wussass wizard that was absolutely filthy.

This game, hmmm...what I wonder is if it will have the introspection X did. If the entire game is centered around this war, well, it all really feels like it's a been there done that thing.

Sephiroth was the original white-haired villain. Before then, it was some random comic book villain, or even in anime, these ugly looking wizards or whatnot...Sephiroth started a huge trend in anime and RPGs alike, and no matter how hard people try, they will not be able to replace the one-winged angel.

In fact, this story is HIGHLY reminiscent of Gundam SEED. Two warring factions, boy from one end, girl from another, little kingdom gets invaded, so now the roody poo crew must find a way of saving the world.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 15:37   Link #20
rdkenshin

FF XII Recieves 40/40 from Famitsu

Famitsu, the highly respected japanese game publication, gave Final Fantasy 12 a 40/40. Read about it here. http://www.4colorrebellion.com/archi...fect/#comments (Scroll up after you click)

Other games that have received a perfect score are Vagrant Story, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Soul Calibur, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker and Nintendogs.

I have to say though, I am a bit concerned. The most recent games to receive a perfect score are Wind Waker and Nintendogs, and (despite being a huge Nintendo fan) I can tell you those games probably shouldnt have received the 40s they got.

I havent even played a Final Fantasy game. I just thought you guys would like to hear the good news.

Last edited by rdkenshin; 2006-03-09 at 23:09. Reason: Threads merged. Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. It will keep you from annoying the moderators or making yourself look stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rdkenshin is offline   Reply With Quote