Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-26, 14:41   Link #6381
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Here I am trying to branch out, thinking it would be cool to do something new, but then you go say something like that . Does anyone here think my new avatar is cool? If not, change will have to be made.

LOL you actually think Kubo would write something like that if it turned out not to be true? Why waste the ink? Did he do it for lulz, like this guy?
Sorry, doesn't get a winning vote from me, but I'm also a biased Kakashi lover.

The scene wasn't about Ichigo. It was about Orihime confessing her feelings to someone beyond her group of nakama. She couldn't talk to her friends about how she felt so she talked to Matsumoto instead.

The scene was about revealing the depth of Orihime's feelings for Ichigo and the fact that it's not all sunshine and roses. Loving him for her isn't easy because she feels jealousy towards Rukia who is important to him. She feels jealous toward their relationship and how he seems to need her in his life. These were feelings she had to come to terms with and accept in that scene.

THAT is what that scene was about. So no, not a waste of ink or for LULZ. It was to reveal that love is not a golden paved route to happiness and Orihime's realization/acceptance of that truth.
Old 2008-07-26, 16:57   Link #6382
ShadowFoX
Uchiha Incarnate

Orihime shows actual affection toward Ichigo. She even attempted to kiss him. If Ichigo ever realizes how lucky he is, he'll find the right path.
Old 2008-07-26, 17:20   Link #6383
Warchef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFoX View Post
Orihime shows actual affection toward Ichigo. She even attempted to kiss him. If Ichigo ever realizes how lucky he is, he'll find the right path.
She's suffering from one-sided love. Why wouldn't she be showing affection towards Ichigo. That's not to say that Rukia doesn't show affection in her own way of course.

She attempted to kiss him in his sleep. Not going to go the route of others and say she is a stalker, but if I found out that a girl tried to come in my house and kiss me while I was sleeping, I'd be anything but in love with her. That's just wrong.
Old 2008-07-26, 18:01   Link #6384
LeminLyme
absence of interest
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to LeminLyme Send a message via MSN to LeminLyme Send a message via Yahoo to LeminLyme
Excuse warchef, he doesn't know of Inoue Orihime.

If i found Inoue came in my house and tried to kiss me in my sleep, i'd hunt her down, approach her full on, and take her RIGHT THERE IN THE STREET! >=D Not really i'd probably invite her over and try to work my way <_<

Now let's say... Rukia tried that. Whut teh fook? O_o Orihime is babe enough to do that :P <redundant>

Last edited by monir; 2008-07-27 at 07:54.
Old 2008-07-26, 18:26   Link #6385
Warchef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeminLyme View Post
Excuse warchef, he doesn't know of Inoue Orihime.

If i found Inoue came in my house and tried to kiss me in my sleep, i'd hunt her down, approach her full on, and take her RIGHT THERE IN THE STREET! >=D Not really i'd probably invite her over and try to work my way <_<

Now let's say... Rukia tried that. Whut teh fook? O_o Orihime is babe enough to do that :P Honestly Warchef, are you like.. Un-attracted to woman? Or a hime hater? :P
Inoue is in love with someone who doesn't return her affections (unrequited love). She came in his house at night while he was asleep and while she was invisible. Instead of leaving her confession as just that, a confession, she attempted to kiss him in his sleep. If he had been awake and fully aware of her presence I would have still said the same thing. Kissing or trying to kiss someone who views you as a friend, not to mention sneaking in their house without permission, is wrong.

Even in the context of the story, it was still a bad thing to do.
Old 2008-07-26, 19:08   Link #6386
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

fact remains, she didn't give into her desire.
Old 2008-07-26, 19:10   Link #6387
asam_laksa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
Even Ichigo agrees that Orihime's only a nakama to him!
Yeah, I don't mind him agreeing that Orihime is only a nakama to him, as long as he agrees that Orihime is god's wonderful gift to him, a blessing to him. That seems to have Tanabata vibe to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorbet View Post
.........and? Because in the novel Ichigo feels grateful for Orihime's powers so he loves her?

Why don't you talk about how the novel ends with Ichigo washing dishes for Rukia because she fell asleep on the table? What's more, Ichigo looks at her smiling and thought, "I am glad to have come here because I'm able to protect you".

Oh and I thought only imaginary IchiRuki fans scream Ichigo protected Rukia in SS. Apparently an author of the novel which is approved by Kubo thinks the same.

It doesn't mean anything since it is just a novel. But thanks for bringing at up and reminds me how the novel favors IchiRuki a lot.
Yeah, in the 'Memories of Nobody' also Ichigo screamed about how he swore to his soul to protect Senna. There's nothing so special about Ichigo saying 'protect, protect' to any other girls, because that's what his name means.

Unless you're talking about Renji, then it's another different case.

Just because Ichigo is seen next to Rukia doesn't mean it's love. We would have then YoruichixIchigo, NellxIchigo, LuruchiyoxIchigo, SennaxIchigo pairing love then.

I can turn around the table by saying just because Ichigo is grateful to Rukia, for changing the world for him/making the rain stop, doesn't mean that Ichigo have to love Rukia.

Matsubara Makoto and Kubo Tite had co-jointly produced four novels, not just The Honey Dish Rhapsody,....Memories of Nobody and Diamond Dust Rebellion.

Spoiler for Diamond Dust Rebellion :

I guess the rumor in 2chan, about Orihime being the only one who 'healed' Ichigo's inner pain and Ichigo relating his past to Orihime is true.

Oh, I forgot to mention......Matsubara Makoto also rewrite the earlier Bleach's chapters, until Chad and Shibata Yuuchi in the 'Letters From The Other Side'. That includes Orihime's rescue from AcidWire, which I believe some people would agree very IchiHimeish.
Old 2008-07-26, 19:10   Link #6388
Warchef

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
fact remains, she didn't give into her desire.
I'm aware of that

She knew it was wrong of her to do that (my interpretation of it), so she didn't do it.

Btw Asam, the quote you linked from HDR is talking about his physical wounds, not inner turmoil. Don't know where you got that from.
Old 2008-07-26, 19:25   Link #6389
Warchef

Quote:
I guess the rumor in 2chan, about Orihime being the only one who 'healed' Ichigo's inner pain and Ichigo relating his past to Orihime is true.
That's what you said. So I am inclined to say this.....

<redundant> You make these statements about 'inner pain' and turmoil yet the actual text doesn't mention anything about Ichigo's inner pain or turmoil relating to Inoue. In that section of the DDR story, it's talking about Ichigo's past with his mom's death and relating it to Toshirou. None of the stuff you bolded would possibly relate to Inoue 'healing' anything. Once again, I'm inclined to believe you are going off on some tangent.

He isn't relating his past in relation to Inoue, but to Toshirou. Unless you want to say that IchigoxToshirou is a valid pairing?

Last edited by monir; 2008-07-27 at 07:51.
Old 2008-07-26, 19:42   Link #6390
Langus
Optimus Prime

Shadow Fox: Sounds like you're saying that just because Orihime's beautiful and has a thing for Ichigo he should be bowled over with happiness. Other characters (Shinji) have brought up that same idea and Ichigo has brushed it off every time. He realizes Orihime is attractive, but that doesn't make him any more interested in her (or her any more worth being interested in for that matter).

It has yet to be shown that he thinks of her as ANYTHING more than a friend and that his treatment/consideration of her is significantly different to his treatment of Chad (considering their differences in gender of course).

Leminlyme: Thank god for the rest of us Bleach fans, Ichigo isn't as much of a slave to his hormones as you seem to be. At present he's too preoccupied with saving the world to worry about where he's getting his next (first?) lay.

Asam: Didn't Tanabata already pass with zero confessions by Ichigo of how Orihime was god's gift to him or anything else for that matter? I know Orihime shippers were really hoping for some big Tanabata reunion/reveal but Kubo gave you nothing to work with. To date, the only pair he's bothered to do anything with for Tanabata was Ichigo and Rukia. Maybe next year they'll have their moment?

Thank you for translating that bit of the novel. I have yet to read it but it sounds interesting.

You should've bolded the part where Ichigo said that he and RUKIA would go alone together to search the North.

You probably forgot too that Ichigo's already had a big heart to heart with Rukia about that Memories in the Rain thing. She helped him get over the guilt, helped him after his fight with the Grand Fisher when he tried to make up for it... Orihime didn't help him through it in this scene, she just reminded him of a painful moment in his life and he demonstrated how far he's already come in his fight to conquer the guilt by the fact that he was quick to recover.

I kind of enjoyed this line too... "Seeing how uncomfortable Orihime is, Ichigo let out a forced smile" There is nothing genuine or gush worthy about a FORCED smile. If they were as close as you suggest he should be able to be himself around her, negative feelings and all, without feeling obligated to force a smile for her sake.
Old 2008-07-26, 21:43   Link #6391
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Ichigo care a lot more for rukia, how many time has Ichigo called for her when she was down and when rukia sayed I will never forgive you for saving me. and why would he go that far to save her because she hes friend? Rukia dashes for ichigo. she doesnt want him to move because she is worried if he dies. when she goes to soul society.

Ichigo and orihime he doesnt really show much but he did go far for her too. In the episode they hold hands and look in the distance. sounds like they show some felling for each other.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2008-07-26, 22:21   Link #6392
asam_laksa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchef View Post
That's what you said. So I am inclined to say this.....

What are you blabbing about yet again? You make these statements about 'inner pain' and turmoil yet the actual text doesn't mention anything about Ichigo's inner pain or turmoil relating to Inoue. In that section of the DDR story, it's talking about Ichigo's past with his mom's death and relating it to Toshirou. None of the stuff you bolded would possibly relate to Inoue 'healing' anything. Once again, I'm inclined to believe you are going off on some tangent.

He isn't relating his past in relation to Inoue, but to Toshirou. Unless you want to say that IchigoxToshirou is a valid pairing?
Quote:
I bolded the word 'rumor' and '2chan' being true.

<redundant>

Summary of the whole translation......beware it's very IchiHimeish as reported in 2chan.
Spoiler for :

I only typed in the Japanese text each line as written in the book, so as to let other people who know how to read Japanese check and verify.

Ichigo relating his past to Toshirou? Why can't you read the whole thing, instead of nit=picking all the little stuffs.

And inner anger is NOT AN INNER TURMOIL?

Okay. If you're thinking in the line sadness/depression/pain caused by Ichigo's mother's death.....then I guessed the whole 'Rukia stopped the rain thing' statement is a fake statement by your standard.

Don't just because of one leaf, you forget the whole tree.
Quote:
In that section of the DDR story, it's talking about Ichigo's past with his mom's death and relating it to Toshirou. None of the stuff you bolded would possibly relate to Inoue 'healing' anything. Once again, I'm inclined to believe you are going off on some tangent.

But then, I'm beginning to think.....no, I already realized the fact that, you don't even know what you're talking about now. All for the sake of being showed as who is the better debater.

Ah, I now have something to complain about IchiHime......just like Orihime going 'Kurosaki-kunning' over Ichigo......Ichigo's going 'apologizing' over Inoue.

Last edited by monir; 2008-07-27 at 07:53.
Old 2008-07-26, 22:50   Link #6393
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asam_laksa View Post
I bolded the word 'rumor' and '2chan' being true.

And again, it appear to me that you couldn't read the text as a whole.

Summary of the whole translation......beware it's very IchiHimeish as reported in 2chan.

I only typed in the Japanese text each line as written in the book, so as to let other people who know how to read Japanese check and verify.

Ichigo relating his past to Toshirou? Why can't you read the whole thing, instead of nit=picking all the little stuffs.

And inner anger is NOT AN INNER TURMOIL?

Okay. If you're thinking in the line sadness/depression/pain caused by Ichigo's mother's death.....then I guessed the whole 'Rukia stopped the rain thing' statement is a fake statement by your standard.

Don't just because of one leaf, you forget the whole tree.

Ah, I now have something to complain about IchiHime......just like Orihime going 'Kurosaki-kunning' over Ichigo......Ichigo's going 'apologizing' over Inoue.
Quite interesting, where is this from again?
Old 2008-07-26, 23:46   Link #6394
Langus
Optimus Prime

*cough cough* "Rukia thought that Ichigo had a good friend in Orihime."

I'm sorry, but that doesn't strike me as proof of any kind of Ichi/Hime pairing or that Kubo is moving in that direction. Why would the writer bother to reflect on RUKIA's opinion of the conversation unless it was to illustrate that her opinion MATTERS. Why does it matter? Because out of all of them she's the one closest to Ichigo.

I hope you find some shipping evidence some day that actually helps your case rather than hinders it. Best of luck!
Old 2008-07-26, 23:48   Link #6395
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
*cough cough* "Rukia thought that Ichigo had a good friend in Orihime."

I'm sorry, but that doesn't strike me as proof of any kind of Ichi/Hime pairing or that Kubo is moving in that direction. Why would the writer bother to reflect on RUKIA's opinion of the conversation unless it was to illustrate that her opinion MATTERS. Why does it matter? Because out of all of them she's the one closest to Ichigo.

I hope you find some shipping evidence some day that actually helps your case rather than hinders it. Best of luck!
Don't bother. There will always be shippers with their shipping glasses blacked out, so they consider everything against their pairing to be 'fake'/'speculations'/'rumors'/'BS' etc.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2008-07-27, 04:20   Link #6396
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:
Yeah, in the 'Memories of Nobody' also Ichigo screamed about how he swore to his soul to protect Senna. There's nothing so special about Ichigo saying 'protect, protect' to any other girls, because that's what his name means.
MON is a FILLER. Damn, going by your logic, Ichigo will end up alone because of a MOVIE!
Quote:
But then, I'm beginning to think.....no, I already realized the fact that, you don't even know what you're talking about now. All for the sake of being showed as who is the better debater.
Don't tell me you think of yourself THAT high to judge people and to say who is a good debater and who is not.
As for Tanabata, it is so funny how IchiOriers use Tanabata, names, stars (not only here, in all debates) and IchiRukiers use facts. Roflmao.
"Inoue is our nakama, I will go and save her myself". NAKAMA! Absolutely no hestitation, nothing.. it makes me laugh. He would have said "I will go and save her myself" and there was no need for this nakama, but Kubo wanted to make it clear for some fans and they still don't get it..
Old 2008-07-27, 17:11   Link #6397
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

There should be a comedic breakthrough for Orihime's "obsession" w/ Ichigo to seal the deal

a hair doll
a replica of OD's Ichigo Shrine
a tattoo of Ichigo's face on her back (not a real tattoo, but like those fake ones)
and probably a "I" shaved.............................somewhere >.>

w/ the exception of the last one, this could all take place in a Shinigami Cup well...last one could happen, just not visually
Old 2008-07-27, 17:20   Link #6398
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
There should be a comedic breakthrough for Orihime's "obsession" w/ Ichigo to seal the deal

a hair doll
a replica of OD's Ichigo Shrine
a tattoo of Ichigo's face on her back (not a real tattoo, but like those fake ones)
and probably a "I" shaved.............................somewhere >.>

w/ the exception of the last one, this could all take place in a Shinigami Cup well...last one could happen, just not visually
You forgot the Ichigo Museum!

"Hair of Ichigo"
"Ichigo's homework"
"Tissue that Ichigo has used"

Wouldn't that be creepy? XD

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2008-07-27, 18:19   Link #6399
Scarlett_Rain55

Ichigo and Orihime remind me of StarfireXRobin for some reason. And we all know who ended up witH each other. ehehehehhe. XD

For some reason the emo/dark girls never get the guy. *sigh* Does this mean I'll never win my crush's love? =(
Old 2008-07-27, 18:58   Link #6400
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalfantasyfan55 View Post
Ichigo and Orihime remind me of StarfireXRobin for some reason. And we all know who ended up witH each other. ehehehehhe. XD

For some reason the emo/dark girls never get the guy. *sigh* Does this mean I'll never win my crush's love? =(
pfft, I think Emo girls are cute if they dont cut them selfs so much Actually I think their attracted to me on Myspace.