AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-15, 00:48   Link #41
Thingle
Banned

nah. makoto hasn't got anything out yet.
Old 2007-10-15, 08:54   Link #42
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I hope it's permitted for me to say that I have been looking lots of places for the raw and haven't even found that. So perhaps no group has a raw to work on yet.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-10-29, 10:01   Link #43
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
I guess no one has seen anything yet. I've been checking as well and I haven't seen any raws. Oh well. Hopefully it won't be too long.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
Old 2007-10-29, 13:44   Link #44
Thingle
Banned

Oh man, just when the end of the world device was activated.... geez.
Old 2007-11-10, 13:55   Link #45
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

At last! Ep3 has shown up. Thank you, anonymous benefactors.
Spoiler for ep3:
Lots of faults, but lots of points for sheer invention and weirdness, in plot, characters, and visuals.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-11-10, 17:52   Link #46
Kazu-kun

Wow! Even with subs I don't think I'll be able to understand this . BTW...
Spoiler:

EDIT: I was wondering about the ending theme... Is there a single or album containing that song?

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2007-11-10 at 20:05.
Old 2007-11-13, 01:55   Link #47
HunterRequiem
Resident cynic

Send a message via AIM to HunterRequiem
Spoiler for episode 3:
Old 2007-11-13, 03:14   Link #48
Zippicus

This was a pretty decent show. I didn't care much for the ending though since they left so much up in the air.

Spoiler for A couple things that bugged me:

This is a prime candidate for a "make your own ending" show since the one they left us with was "bleh"
Old 2007-11-13, 09:05   Link #49
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Hmm..an OVA which I would love to see a series of coming. Although it felt rushed..I think for a 3 episode OVA it did quite a good job. Making a small story and delivering it in 3 episodes is quite a remarkable feat according to me.

From what I say, I guess Yuki and Hitomi move on to their dream world. Why Yuki uses ICE still escapes me...especially after Hitomi tried so hard to save her. And mostly, I a guessing that Hitomi 1985 is the golden colored female???? or am i wrong???

Most importantly..how does she get pregnant???
Old 2007-11-13, 11:47   Link #50
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno View Post
And what's with licking Yuki's eyeball? Most people would blink. Unless her eyes aren't real either. Oye.
Probably jelly fish monster's way of showing her dominance over Yuki. You can beat/brainwash the most basic instincts out of someone

I actually quite liked the show. I would have preferred it to be 26 episodes exploring the explicit yuri love love fun between Hitomi and Yuki with Satsuki flying off into violent rages (to be arse pounded by Hitomi), but I guess I can't have everything
Old 2007-11-13, 13:52   Link #51
taelrak

Oh I don't know. I rather like post-apocalyptic movies where the writers don't feel any obligation to make a "happy" ending (e.g. Saikano).

Wasn't too impressed with the action in ICE, but I loved how they jumped from point to point and didn't try to make the plot too realistic, and of course, the rather abstract ending.

In a way, I wouldn't want to see an anime of this, simply because by adding more content to it, they'll make it so much more mundane and down-to-earth, that you lose the feeling and the essence of it. Same thing with the whole romance/jealousy thing - having it up in the air is nice, but if you try to pin it down more with an actual anime, it loses a lot of the effect.

It's like trying to define boundaries in an impressionist painting. It's great by virtue of not being concrete. Less is more!
Old 2007-11-13, 17:06   Link #52
Cyprene

Shinsen, and by Shinsen I mean me, is working on this.
But since so few people like it, it's hard to muster up the energy to do it.
Old 2007-11-13, 17:18   Link #53
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
I think there are quite a lot of people who like this series... It's just that we had to wait so much between each episode, that it's hard to keep the enthusiasm up. Anwayway, please keep subbing this; I'm really looking forward to Shinsen HQ release.
Old 2007-11-14, 06:33   Link #54
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Vote 2 for Shinsen ^_^ .. I have my reservations..but I like this Show...Hoping it gets its own anime too
Old 2007-11-14, 06:40   Link #55
Lesca

Quote:
Shinsen, and by Shinsen I mean me, is working on this.
I thought it was pretty good, it's not everyones taste when you comparing it to stuff that's been on recently but it's worth the effort for sure ^^
Old 2007-11-14, 11:25   Link #56
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Probably jelly fish monster's way of showing her dominance over Yuki. You can beat/brainwash the most basic instincts out of someone

I actually quite liked the show. I would have preferred it to be 26 episodes exploring the explicit yuri love love fun between Hitomi and Yuki with Satsuki flying off into violent rages (to be arse pounded by Hitomi), but I guess I can't have everything
Licking someone's eyeball to show dominance? I gotta try that.

Ok, I watched the end and all I can say is that "what happened?" I'm sort of confused. I guess this is the figure out your own ending.

I DL'd it last night and watched it before going to bed. I mean I was hyped we waited so long. Yet I didn't feel like, WTF. Or this sucks! I felt there was something that needed to be said or realized in it's ending. Then I thought about the year 2012. Isn't that the year the world was said to end in 'Nostradamus' predictions? Notice that most of the shows that have came out have been trying to tell a message? But all aside, it's a first project and it was good. I will buy this if it ever gets picked up.

Now the question is will "yuri" fans like it? And will they not be too insulted by it?

But I will say, that 'Hitomi' kicks all major ass. And who looks better standing in the face of destruction while close to death. I thought it was so f***ing cool! Don't interrupt me when I'm getting ready to kill your ass!! But I wish there was more to the relationship deal between 'Yuki'. But maybe you don't need all that. To have it's own meaning. The first episodes were pretty fun. I would have liked to have seen a TV series on this. They call it the 'Ice Project'. I wonder if this will be ongoing or was that it.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
Old 2007-11-14, 12:14   Link #57
Amy-sama
Anime Epicurean

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who blinked through the ending.

Calling it an opened ending is a understatement. The last bit of animation was the most confusing to me.

I'm just curious if the "older" Hitomi will change things now that she knows what the future holds? Strange days indeed!.....

In process: BLEACH, Bus Gamer, Code Geass R,D.Gray-man, Eyeshield 21, Ghost Hound, Itazura na kiss, Kyou Kara Maou R, MaR, Nabari no Ou, Naruto, Persona ~trinity soul~,Special A, Straight Jactket, xxxHolic:Kei.
Old 2007-11-17, 03:29   Link #58
iceblu3710

Project ICE Discussion

Ok their is a serious lacking of discussion on what the true ending is here so I will post my thoughts and pleeeese post yours as me and three friends are almost in a monkey knife fight over it.

Ok blond gets hit with a van and is in the hospital in a coma, while in a coma she occupies the mind of her future self and watches how the future could play out, falls in love with nazil yuki and treasures her broach before dyeing. After the captin dies the blond returns to her own body, when her brother gives her yuki's broach she remembers the future. Now after shes all healed up at the hospital shes overlooking tokyo in its distruction and all signs point to the future she saw while in a coma is coming true and shes face with the choice of what to do to avoid that outcome.

The problems with the above is: The captin wasnt pregnant, if yuki gives her the broach in the future how does the blond have it before the accident in the past. If it was a true trip to the future and the broach was carried back if effected the present to avoid a paradox and the blond also became pregnant. If thats true maybee the girl who is talking about being in the whom while tokyo dies is the blonds daughter. so that would make the the 2nd last scene with that girl and they boy come true but why does he have the broach now. Also why is that same girl who was in the whom talking in the first ova.

Where do these two damn kids fit into the timeline for pete sake, if they would have left them out it would have been a simple to understand ending instead of one to piss us off.

Anyone care to take a stab?
Old 2007-11-19, 19:01   Link #59
Cyprene

Thanks to all those who put in a good word for the show, it's inspired me to get off my butt and finish it.
Old 2007-11-20, 00:32   Link #60
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Thanks to all those who put in a good word for the show, it's inspired me to get off my butt and finish it.
I have to say thank you for doing this. I think many of us are appreciative of getting the chance to understand more of this wonderful OVA.

Overall thoughts: This reminds me of another OVA I had watched a while back, called Interlude. This was by far more violent though, but the feeling is very similar.

I think the wtf ending is mostly interpreted as a way to get the viewer to think about what they just saw. It would be nice to have a nice tidy explanation to everything but something you'll find in sci-fi is that endings don't always work like that.

Spoiler for stuff:

One thing that really struck me as cool was the older animation style. While the newer animation is often bright, clean, and well animated, sometimes it feels a bit sterile compared to older anime. I think the look really suited the story. The music also had an older feel too, although it was a little underused.

I have many questions regarding the ending besides what I mentioned above but really that all comes down to speculation. A few come to mind for discussion sake -
Spoiler for more questions:

Ugh. Cool show but the brain needs time to sort things out after things like this.