AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-11-11, 16:53   Link #121
Used Can

Actually, this chapter has left me confused (I've only seen those pics I found in 2ch, but I have been unable to find any raws for this chapter or the previous one). Has Nagi actually been suffering of amnesia, or has the other personality taken over?
Old 2008-11-11, 16:55   Link #122
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Actually, this chapter has left me confused (I've only seen those pics I found in 2ch, but I have been unable to find any raws for this chapter or the previous one). Has Nagi actually been suffering of amnesia, or has the other personality taken over?
According to the spoilers posted earlier
Spoiler:
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 16:58   Link #123
Kushi

Quote:
How does having a previous boyfriend make her impure?

Spoiler:
Read the whole paragraph instead of 1 sentence? I said it questioned her purity. By making us question it, it makes us confusioned and infuriated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
This is a dumb argument. First of all, Nagi is nothing like Belldandy, who really is "pure". Secondly, if Belldandy had said back in the beginning of the series, "I have a husband and two kids" and then turned out to have a husband and two kids, where is the shock coming from again? The other Nagi said flat out she liked someone back in chapter five. If people thought that wasn't going to come up again, they're crazy. Not to mention, it really has no bearing on the Nagi who mooches off Jin and wants to become an idol.
First of all, exactly the same as the previous poster. Please actually read my paragraph and not just nit pick 1 sentence you find with fault in it. Nagi has a really littlegirl like cuteness and innocence about her, you don't have to be a f'ing angel to be "pure"....

Secondly do you seriously believe that anyone would be angry if Nagi had said she used to have a boyfriend right from the beginning? It's the suddenness and randomness of it that makes the viewers [or at least me] so irritated.

Just because she flat out saids that she someone she likes doesn't make it literal. In that scene you can't tell if she's just saying it to get Tsugumi off her back or not.

However I think the reason why I'm so irritated is the same thing 1cesc said. For whole time I was watching it I kept thinking it's a feel good shounen romance comedy about a magical girl... what is the point of throwing a sudden twist to piss off the viewers?
Kushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 17:01   Link #124
herbert

@ Used Can

Yeah, that was why I said it's good to be with Zange instead of Nagi. She just gets too many mysteries but putting up a cute and innocent front (in eyes of those who couldn't see how violent and pretending Nagi has been from the very beginning).

But I think I will like her a lot more if the author comes up a good backstory for Nagi and Ozuma.

My character ranking:
1 Zange (far above anyone else)

2 Hakua
3 Ozuma (40% due his interactions with Zange, 60% for the great twist he has been creating)
4 Meguru
5 Nagi

Last edited by herbert; 2008-11-11 at 17:15.
herbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 17:06   Link #125
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

that reminds me what about zange plot in the story because I'm sure that the hakua thing has not been sloved yet.I mean in a why she did improve her life but still.
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 17:07   Link #126
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
So Ozuma the plot device draws so much attention... good for the author.
Old 2008-11-11, 17:09   Link #127
1cesc

Quote:
Quote:
According to the spoilers posted earlier
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
1cesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 17:11   Link #128
Used Can

@herbert: Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
This "translation" was posted on 4chan I found it to be funny Warning 18+ language
If you'd like a rough translation (35% accuracy):
Spoiler:

Quote:
THEN WHO WAS PHONE?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cesc View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Used Can; 2008-11-11 at 17:26.
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 17:12   Link #129
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by karinvampire View Post
that reminds me what about zange plot in the story because I'm sure that the hakua thing has not been sloved yet.I mean in a why she did improve her life but still.
Not very sure about Hakua's problem.

Zange did say that Hakua needs a strong heart to live on without aid from Zange. Hakua is not strong enough, it's obvious. But if Ozuma is the source of impurity and he will be soon gone, maybe there won't be more 'black birds' wanting to hurt Hakua.

Thinking Zange can get a body of wood after this event.

PS you guys are too quick today.
Old 2008-11-11, 17:12   Link #130
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Silaqui, not really... The attention is rather negative...well one can say that the negative attention is also a form of advertising but not when otakus start dropping reading, and as far as I understood it is what already made hotheaded ones did already... and undoubtedly will do more in the future...as the "Secondhand Nagi" thing caused a stir in chan already...And the stir is not positive to the point where some drop it before even reading the chapter in question...
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 17:23   Link #131
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Silaqui, not really... The attention is rather negative...
It depends on how long Takenashi decides to take to solve the whole deal. If she's planning on dragging this for some time, she's fucked. If she plans to solve this on the next chapter, or at the very least, starts solving things on the next chapter, then the current cliffhanger was actually really good.
Old 2008-11-11, 17:23   Link #132
musouka

Quote:
Nagi has a really littlegirl like cuteness and innocence about her, you don't have to be a f'ing angel to be "pure"....
Have you actually read the series? There are two Nagis. The one you think of as "pure"? Has. Not. Changed.

Quote:
what is the point of throwing a sudden twist to piss off the viewers?
Sudden twist? You must be kidding. Personally, I think the Kannagi manga is sort of uneven and it doesn't quite know what it's doing in some respects, but in this case
Spoiler:
The way that scene was set up, it was painfully obvious that the idea would be revisited. It didn't come out of no where, you just weren't paying attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can
Spoiler:
Only goddess Nagi said that. You guys, it's really obvious when goddess Nagi takes over. In the manga, her font changes. In the anime, her entire personality switches and she gets very "soft" and comforting.
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2008-11-11, 17:30   Link #133
Used Can

Quote:
Only goddess Nagi said that. You guys, it's really obvious when goddess Nagi takes over. In the manga, her font changes.
Oh, I see. Well, for that chapter, I read the scanlation. So, either the scanlators never changed the font, or I simply never noticed the difference.

Anyway... I guess I get a TYPE-Moon reference here:

Regular Nagi = Tohno Shiki (kind, and good-hearted)
Alter Nagi = Nanaya Shiki (fucks anything that moves, well, in this case, she gets fucked)

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
Old 2008-11-11, 17:40   Link #134
1cesc

Edit: Oops, nvm, beaten.

Last edited by 1cesc; 2008-11-11 at 17:41. Reason: explained already
1cesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 17:52   Link #135
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Have you actually read the series? There are two Nagis. The one you think of as "pure"? Has. Not. Changed.

Sudden twist? You must be kidding. Personally, I think the Kannagi manga is sort of uneven and it doesn't quite know what it's doing in some respects, but in this case
Spoiler:
The way that scene was set up, it was painfully obvious that the idea would be revisited. It didn't come out of no where, you just weren't paying attention.
The "liked" part could have meant several things like she liked someone but was never loved back sort of thing. Then there's the possibility that Nagi was lying just to please Tsugumi since it's obvious she likes Jin. That's what I thought anyways of those two possibilities back when she said she liked somebody. The guy showing up kinda surprise me didn't expect for that to happen.

Not sure about the whole virgin or not thing looks like that what the readers in Japan are just speculating just because she was in a relationship but who knows how it was between the two considering that their not human. The manga-ka should obviously know that if he/she goes deeply about how their relationship was like saying that they had a physical relationship it would only piss off the fanbase since this is the type of genre that doesn't deal with that. So either the manga-ka will not go deeply into it or two come up with something saying that it wasn't a physical relationship because their not human or some other excuse.

Anyways anyone else thinks that the two Nagi's will split to two bodies or something like that. The Nagi that we know and likes Jin will continue living on as a human and stay with Jin while the other Nagi the Goddess will become a goddess again or die.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 18:10   Link #136
Cinocard

You guys are arguing over obvious things.

This pisses off lots of fan. It's a fact. Undeniable.

Many fans are thinking one way about Nagi. The next moment they are forced to think other. Of course, they feel like being deceived. Even if it's their fault for assuming things at first place, they still have the right to be pissed off. Very reasonable.

Who care if The fans are pissed off for nothing or not? It's the fact that the fans are pissed off which matters.

I wonder what the editor of Kannagi thinks? This is clearly not a wise move from the producer side, seeing they lose a good portion of fan-base. Unless we will have this matter quickly and neatly solved in upcoming chapters.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 18:41   Link #137
herbert

1cesc, Darknemo2000, musouka, Used Can, ZODDGUTS, Cinocard, karinvampire, Kushi, Sterling01

If any of you guys don't get message from me, plez let me know.
Old 2008-11-11, 18:49   Link #138
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

@herbert Thanks by any chance do you have 35?

Well after closely looking at 36 the font does indeed change.
Quote:
Oh, I see. Well, for that chapter, I read the scanlation. So, either the scanlators never changed the font, or I simply never noticed the difference.
Yeah they just used one font
Quote:
Regular Nagi = Tohno Shiki (kind, and good-hearted)
Alter Nagi = Nanaya Shiki (fucks anything that moves, well, in this case, she gets fucked)
It's more like...
Regular Nagi = Tohno Shiki (kind, good-hearted, fucks anything that moves )
Alter Nagi = Tohno SHIKI (love obsessed)
Old 2008-11-11, 18:51   Link #139
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Even if it's their fault for assuming things at first place, they still have the right to be pissed off. Very reasonable.
Not really. I mean, they can be upset if they want to, especially since the scans I just saw shows
Spoiler:
but I still don't see why this development is worth stomping your feet over. Adults should not be acting like four year old children that find out there are people in the suits at Disneyland. There was always an implication of
Spoiler:
Can't handle that, maybe it is better off for you to just stop reading all together.

Spoiler:
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2008-11-11, 18:53   Link #140
herbert

Quote:
@herbert Thanks by any chance do you have 35?
In Chinese only.

Tags
drama, shounen