AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-09-26, 20:46   Link #1
willx
Nyaaan~~

Post Master Keaton

So I used the search function and did not find an existing thread for Master Keaton .. If there is one, I'm happy to have this one closed. I know it's really old, but I recently started reading it as chapters of the manga have gotten scanslated.. And it is fricking amazing!

Description:

Keaton is the Son of an English woman of noble birth and a Japanese zoologist. He went to England at the age of five with his mother after his parents' divorce. There he learned archeology at Oxford University, where he met his wife with whom he has a daughter (Yuriko). They divorced after five years. He works as an operative/detective for Lloyds of London where he's known for his abilities he acquired as a master sergeant in the SAS and as a veteran of the Falklands War, and was one of the members of the Iran Embassy incident. This helps him carry out his dangerous work of insurance investigator. His works at Lloyds, but his dream is excavating the ancient civilization in a Danube basin. His title is "master" because the SAS training camp' teacher told him that he wouldn't be able to be a "professor" in his fighting style, but a "master" at best. The manga does portray many facets of Keaton. Not only his role as a detective, but also his humanistic views on nature, family and culture.

willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 11:34   Link #2
willx
Nyaaan~~

Hm.. no love for Master Keaton, one of the original badass OP MCs

Maybe this will get your attention, especially Saintess:

"Mr. Keaton .. will you wait for me to become an adult-.."

Spoiler for Keaton woo'ing the lolis:
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 12:36   Link #3
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I think along with YAWARA, it's one of Urasawa's finest works.
However, I have never been able to get anyone outside of Japan be even remotely interested in the series. I already gave up years ago.

It's so stupidly funny how both Keaton and YAWARA are landmark manga series and very well known in Japan, yet in the English speaking world, it's always Monster this 20cb that. The recognition in the origin country never ever carries over.

I don't think they know what they're missing.
Old 2012-10-17, 12:53   Link #4
Ridwan

Well well, I didn't know we didn't already have this thread before....
Old 2012-10-17, 13:35   Link #5
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I don't think they know what they're missing.
Not enough English translations, 'is what.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 13:49   Link #6
Ermes Marana

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
However, I have never been able to get anyone outside of Japan be even remotely interested in the series. I already gave up years ago.

That doesn't make sense, many people have seen the anime here so you can infer that they are interested in the series. There must be some other reason it is rarely read. Just going by the anime, it is one of my favorites, and almost certainly the manga is way, way better than 20cb.
Ermes Marana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 22:37   Link #7
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermes Marana View Post
That doesn't make sense, many people have seen the anime here so you can infer that they are interested in the series. There must be some other reason it is rarely read. Just going by the anime, it is one of my favorites, and almost certainly the manga is way, way better than 20cb.
I know right?
As for the rest of the sentence.... I know right?