AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

Old 2006-01-29, 21:21   Link #381
K-chama

Send a message via AIM to K-chama
Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka
To be honest, I think the worst part of this series is the humor. If Asuta was a serious contender for Hazumu's heart, it'd be one thing, but you know nothing is going to come from it so I really wish the series would spare us the incredibly lame comedy. I feel the same about Hazumu's dad, his teacher, and the useless female alien.
I agree except maybe on Jan Puu as long as she stays a cute, sisterly-type character and doesn't start getting all pervy like a certain other young tag-a-long from another gender swap series (*cough*Mil*cough*Maze*cough*) but it's pretty obvious these people will be sticking around. Hazumu's dad I think is the worst though. I mean, what kind of perv would think those kind of things about his daughter? Thank goodness Hazumu's mom is there to keep him in line. Chokehold!
K-chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 22:18   Link #382
AKOL
~Innocent Starter~

Send a message via AIM to AKOL Send a message via MSN to AKOL

Catgirls- I like this one a lot, since you posted them, im gonna assume you dont mind me using it. If there's a problem just let me know, but thanks a lot, those avatars rock!
AKOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 22:20   Link #383
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKOL
Catgirls- I like this one a lot, since you posted them, im gonna assume you dont mind me using it. If there's a problem just let me know, but thanks a lot, those avatars rock!
Go right ahead. I post them for people to use. Cheers.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 00:46   Link #384
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

well ... it's not like Asuta 'wants' to ogle or anything ... he is just again and again cought offbalance

like on the roof when Hazumu says 'thank you' what he sees is a cute girl ... but goes offbalance by knowing that it used to be his best friend ... and it doesn't get better by her offering him to see ... (i mean ... what boy would say no when a cute girl asked if he wanted to see her chest ... ... and the fact that its Hazumu doesn't get to talk because it is overheard) ... and its pretty much the same story when he is pulled in to buy bra's (boys lovly nightmare)
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 01:22   Link #385
JediNight
キズランダム

What about when he's trying to look up Hazumu's skirt? :P
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 01:46   Link #386
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
There's no excuse there
Old 2006-01-30, 04:08   Link #387
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

I dont feel like reading this whole thread. But as for the boys watching this anime would you soo easily accept the fact that your dna is change to female and you now have female body. What would your homeboys really think of you? Would you want to go to school wearing a skirt? Wouldn't you think about committing suicide? Would you want to date boys knowing what's on most boys mind? I think that Hamuzu wasnt very manly to begin with or the anime is kinda unrealistic when it comes to accepting yourself as a women for the rest of your life. If the average boy instantly became a girl during puberty in an anime I think it would take 3 episodes for him to accept his life as a girl.

Other than that the anime was fun to watch but I now find it disturbing after some thought. (Hamuzu has his I mean her first period.. Time to buy tamponds)
MarcusG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 04:16   Link #388
Gladi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon
I don't mean he should be acting all perverted or oogling or something, but no reaction at all? He was so shy before, here he acts so oblivious to his situation. No blushing, no averting eyes? Tomari at least blushed, but then, she had a crush on Hazumu and that was after the juxtaposition with the former Hazumu...
Bright day
Eh no? (speaking from personal experience) Really you look at it too much from Augustinian perspective.

TheWanderer: Yes one feels that too, warm feeling about being trusted. But in many male cultures certain amount of lecherousness is honoured by peers. By this you lose "neanderthal points".

Muir Woods: You know that nobody actually reads Ulysess?

And for the relationship question: Though there may be appreciation for new form. There are other things about liking somebody. So not likely.

To the above question: I am firm believer that even gender is fluid (not that you change it but that it is not YES/NO). I think I would be most unhappy about not end of family paternal line (being the only son). But I get better dresses and wider socially allowed range of emotions? Though it would be most disconcerting playing the societal roles of daughter, girlfriend and such...

EDIT: Catgirls, won't you mind...?
Gladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 04:21   Link #389
Kyaa the Catlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusG
I dont feel like reading this whole thread. But as for the boys watching this anime would you soo easily accept the fact that your dna is change to female and you now have female body. What would your homeboys really think of you? Would you want to go to school wearing a skirt? Wouldn't you think about committing suicide? Would you want to date boys knowing what's on most boys mind? I think that Hamuzu wasnt very manly to begin with or the anime is kinda unrealistic when it comes to accepting yourself as a women for the rest of your life. If the average boy instantly became a girl during puberty in an anime I think it would take 3 episodes for him to accept his life as a girl.

Other than that the anime was fun to watch but I now find it disturbing after some thought. (Hamuzu has his I mean her first period.. Time to buy tamponds)
I have some MtF friends. They question themselves like this all the time. It isn't a big deal, life is made of the answers to the questions you ask yourself, or something.

If I was Hazumu, well, I wouldn't want to be her. If I got zapped by aliens, I'd want to be de-aged as well so I grew up as a girl. Would I still dig girls? Well, I think so (go inner lesbian Kyaa!)... but I've not been zapped yet so who knows.

I've had changed friends go through their period, it isn't a fun experience, but for the most part, it is a big sign that they have fulfilled their dream.
Kyaa the Catlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 08:23   Link #390
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

well ... Hazumu was even as a boy that feminine that Takumi from MH seemed like a machoman so ... proberly it is that way, that he may in body was boy but mind was girl all the time

for me ... well ... can't say anything about it since i've never tried being sexchanged into female but ... if thats the way its going to be then thats the way its going to be ... then you can just as well get the best out of it ... suicide is the cowards way

futhermore i think it is partly wrong to draw that picture the series does that gardening is a feminine touch ... i've been gardener myself but i didn't feel feminine when i was planting new trees, chopping old trees down or moving the lawn ... and to take care of the plants aren't feminine ... thats perfectionistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
don't you ever look upwards while climbing some stairs?
Old 2006-01-30, 08:27   Link #391
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladi
TheWanderer: Yes one feels that too, warm feeling about being trusted. But in many male cultures certain amount of lecherousness is honoured by peers. By this you lose "neanderthal points".
Ewww... that don't sound very appealing
Old 2006-01-30, 08:29   Link #392
Eclipze

For the past 1 page, all I see(besides Catgirl's posts) is people trying to make sense from Kashimashi....

-The way Hazumu reacts is just ONE PERSON's perspective, so it does NOT mean that ALL boys who become girls would react like that.
-Same for Asuta, he is just ONE male with a close friend becoming a hot babe, and is DEFINATELY not representing all males with similar situations.

Now, can we stop whining about how "badly represented" the people in Kashimashi are and concentrate on the show itself?

Or have we forgotten that not 1 person is the same as the other?
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 08:41   Link #393
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
For the past 1 page, all I see(besides Catgirl's posts) is people trying to make sense from Kashimashi....

-The way Hazumu reacts is just ONE PERSON's perspective, so it does NOT mean that ALL boys who become girls would react like that.
-Same for Asuta, he is just ONE male with a close friend becoming a hot babe, and is DEFINATELY not representing all males with similar situations.

Now, can we stop whining about how "badly represented" the people in Kashimashi are and concentrate on the show itself?

Or have we forgotten that not 1 person is the same as the other?
Name on male in the show that acts normal(not uber-lecherous). That STILL has a penis
Old 2006-01-30, 09:25   Link #394
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
Name on male in the show that acts normal(not uber-lecherous). That STILL has a penis
That would be Yasuna. ...well, in the doujin anyway.

If you'll excuse me, I need to go find some steel wool now.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 09:45   Link #395
Millenia
Emotional Shoujo Girl

Send a message via MSN to Millenia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusG
But as for the boys watching this anime would you soo easily accept the fact that your dna is change to female and you now have female body. What would your homeboys really think of you? Would you want to go to school wearing a skirt? Wouldn't you think about committing suicide? Would you want to date boys knowing what's on most boys mind? I think that Hamuzu wasnt very manly to begin with or the anime is kinda unrealistic when it comes to accepting yourself as a women for the rest of your life. If the average boy instantly became a girl during puberty in an anime I think it would take 3 episodes for him to accept his life as a girl.

As the aliens said, he got fully transformed into a female, not just his body but his feelings/emotions and all differences between a male and a female. Which makes him a real female.
If you think about it (i dunno about the male part but), the male pride and other stuff, wouldnt this change to the female version of feeling (which some feelings could be totaly different that a male has never had)
Old 2006-01-30, 10:12   Link #396
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
While its a valid point, the lecherous nature in Kashimashi is used as comedic effect, or more accurately, an exaggeration.

Look at Honey & Clover:
For 5 episodes now(I've just started), there is NO sign of lecherous men, does that mean that the show is wrong or that lecherous men dont exist?

Nope, thats just a POV taken by the show. Same goes for Kashimasi.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 11:37   Link #397
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-chama
I agree except maybe on Jan Puu as long as she stays a cute, sisterly-type character and doesn't start getting all pervy like a certain other young tag-a-long from another gender swap series (*cough*Mil*cough*Maze*cough*) but it's pretty obvious these people will be sticking around.
Well, I know they're not going anywhere, but frankly, this series' humor is so bad, I'd prefer it to just try and play it straight. I mean, does anyone really think, "Oh, boy, the teacher fell into a hole again! I can't stop laughing!" or "Wow, seeing Hazumu's dad try to get her to take a bath with him was just as funny as the twenty times before it!"

Maybe the author feels there should be some humor to offset the serious love triangle, but it's just a chore to get through. It doesn't help that they're lame running gags that are repeated over and over again.

I also think the author is missing some dramatic potential. If you were a dad, and your son just changed into a girl, that's a pretty big deal, no matter how girly he was previously. There could be an interesting struggle there.

Same with Asuta. If he really does find his best friend attractive now, the why not let him join the race? Why, in this series, do the females' feelings the only ones that really "count" and are the only ones that can possibly be serious? It doesn't mean Asuta has to win, but it would have been interesting, especially since in the manga, Hazumu was under the impression she'd have to start to like guys now. I know Asuta isn't written that way. I'm just saying it'd be interesting if he was.
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 12:19   Link #398
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

i think your reading to much on the clearly writen ... i sence that below the comic there is a tough battle between Asuta two 'heads'

and the humor thats repeat ... thats not always a bad thing ... with some things the funny thing is not what happens (well ... not only) ... than what the person haven't learned (roadrunner's counterpart ) ... it is that much 'over the top' that it is funny ...

Last edited by Sian; 2006-01-30 at 12:38.
Old 2006-01-30, 13:37   Link #399
Bracken33

@musouka: I agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka
I also think the author is missing some dramatic potential. If you were a dad, and your son just changed into a girl, that's a pretty big deal, no matter how girly he was previously. There could be an interesting struggle there.
The whole family is much too easy going/crazy so far.
The parents and the teacher, even compared to other anime parents and teachers, are very, very childish and silly.
Too bad they are not yet funny.
Bracken33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 13:45   Link #400
JediNight
キズランダム

I think it's obvious so far that this will be a more light-hearted take on the situation than any heavy drama. Not that there won't be any serious drama at all, but that it won't be the majority focus of the series.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, genderbender, romance, seinen, yuri