AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-09, 18:09   Link #1
wnkryo
HainShodan

Philosopher Stone Theory[Spoilers]

I had a little theory that maby philosopher stone or atleast it's powers lies within the right hand of the guy from ishbal who has a scar on his face. The reason why I thought this might be true is becuase his brother lost his life and gave the guy with the scar that mysterious power in his right arm. And according to new episode (18), Ed and Al discovered that human sacrifice was needed to make it. So I don't really know how true or how much bull my theory is, but what do you guys think? Is the philosopher stone or the powers of it that Ed and Al been looking so hard for, lies within thier enemy?
Old 2004-02-09, 18:24   Link #2
zole
My style is best

Well also remember
Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-09, 18:25   Link #3
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
I had a little theory that maby philosopher stone or atleast it's powers lies within the right hand of the guy from ishbal who has a scar on his face. The reason why I thought this might be true is becuase his brother lost his life and gave the guy with the scar that mysterious power in his right arm. And according to new episode (18), Ed and Al discovered that human sacrifice was needed to make it. So I don't really know how true or how much bull my theory is, but what do you guys think? Is the philosopher stone or the powers of it that Ed and Al been looking so hard for, lies within thier enemy?
Since Scar's arm reacted with the incomplete philosopher's stone, his power is obviously related somehow. There seems to be many ways of creating a philosopher's stone, so it's possible his arm has one that uses his brother's soul or something like that. I'm sure it will all be explained eventually.

The thing about the philospher's stone I'm wondering about is whether or not it's possible to make one without a sacrifice. If my theory that it's kind of like a pre-paid phone card for alchemy is true, it should be possible. However human souls seem to have a value much higher than anything else in FMA, so it would take a lot of other material to make up for not sacrificing people for it.
edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zole
Well also remember
Spoiler:
He said making a newly pregnent woman drink the red water, it would all go into the unborn child and crystalize in the womb. Thus sacrificing the unborn child for the stone.
Old 2004-02-09, 19:35   Link #4
nak
Squishy

Send a message via AIM to nak
It sacrificed the life of the unborn child, but it was not the actual soul or life of the child that created the stone in xenotime. it was the uterus. the death of the child was just a resultant.

I think there is going to have to be a sacrifice to gain the complete phil. stone. Cause as Kamui said its gonna take alot to make up for not having a soul of a living human being.

Since it is hard enough as it is to successfully create, revive, or resurrect a complete human being, I assume it must mean there is something very special about the spritual entity and energy that cannot be recreated in alchemy that lies in humans. I guess in sacrificing this to obtain the human stone, I'm thinkin the strong, complex and nearly impossible to make composition of such components would make up the power to dramatically amplify the laws of equivalent trade and science itself according to FMA.
Old 2004-02-09, 22:36   Link #5
Umbrae
Generic Human

Scars arm was listed in an anchient text that was studied in relation to the phi. stone.

It is possible that the two things are used in conjunction to a greater purpose. perhaps even with another object in the mix. as scars arm seems to be the distructive portion of alchemy, and the phylosiphers stone seems to allow for creations without equivalent trade, I would assume it enhances the creative part. So perhaps one more pice was used to creat such powerfull alchemy that scars people rejected it all togeather. also both seem to take a sacrafice to make correctly.

just a therory. But it might explain to some degree why scars arm reacted the way it did to the almost phi. stone that marco threw at him. oposite side of the same coin so to speak. I don't know what would have happend if he would have tossed a finnished stone at him as oposed to the quasi stone he had.
Old 2004-02-11, 02:52   Link #6
Rockpaperscissors

Scars arm has part of the diagrams that is necessary to make the ritual to form the Philosophers Stone. By obsorbing Marco's fake stone the arm probably got overcharged and Scar lost control of the arm. Thus the arms function is probably just like the fake Stones, to amplify the power of its user or something along the line. The way to make the real and the fake philosophers stone is probably the same. For both of them human life (or soul) must be sacrificed yet the creation of the fake stones is a slower process that doesn't necessarily result in human death, especially should the process be done over a long time without the excessive dosage shown in episodes 11 & 12.

Well at the very least thats my theory of it... heh we'll find out eventually.
Old 2004-02-11, 04:13   Link #7
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpaperscissors
Scars arm has part of the diagrams that is necessary to make the ritual to form the Philosophers Stone. By obsorbing Marco's fake stone the arm probably got overcharged and Scar lost control of the arm. Thus the arms function is probably just like the fake Stones, to amplify the power of its user or something along the line. The way to make the real and the fake philosophers stone is probably the same. For both of them human life (or soul) must be sacrificed yet the creation of the fake stones is a slower process that doesn't necessarily result in human death, especially should the process be done over a long time without the excessive dosage shown in episodes 11 & 12.

Well at the very least thats my theory of it... heh we'll find out eventually.
I think you're quite right in speculating.... especially about the part where in Xenotime the stones that were being made is fake... furthermore, the fact that some lives weren't sacrificed just goes to show that the stones made in that area were not powerfull enough ..... that crazy bad guy in those eps seem to use them up quite quickly.

ok... but regarding any phillosopher's stone in general, by right it should be created so that you don't need equivalent trade..... i.e. a truly pure phi stone wouldn't need to be like a pay card that you use with souls as credits... it should be able to perform near miracles without them... anyone got any fantasy stories (other than harry potter please) that narates about phi stones?
Old 2004-02-11, 05:24   Link #8
Umbrae
Generic Human

Quote:
i.e. a truly pure phi stone wouldn't need to be like a pay card that you use with souls as credits
I agree. souls seem to hould quite a high value in alchemy. As such, a stone that was made from one could probly increase the trade used in any standard alchemy quite a bit.

Although on the topic of the value of souls, which do you think it was that cost Ed's arm. Pulling Al's soul from where ever it was, or just transfixing it into the armor? I assume it was attaching it into the armor, the transmutation of thier mother only seemd to use body parts, it took Ed's leg, and I assume quit a bit more from Al. As they had every thing but a soul to trade, it is possible that Al's soul was taken, but that does not seem to equate out, since they had the body, other componets, 1 full body, and a spare leg. Although the size of that creature they created was a bit larger than human, so perhaps it was. hard to tell.
Old 2004-02-11, 12:15   Link #9
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

I did a search on Altavista all i got was about it being the equivalent of the holy grail, but alchemy was also a kind of belief so i think that what that site said is true, but then again they also talk about some mushroom cult haha
Old 2004-02-11, 13:11   Link #10
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-17, 18:31   Link #11
The Faction's Lord

Yes, this is a bit old, however, I wish to state a theory of mine. There are 3 parts that are used to create the philosophers stone, to be more exact 3 people. One person for each part of alchemy, Scar would be the destruction part, Ed is probably the creating section, leaving one last person to be understanding. This is merely a theory, I have no idea of the accuracy, but I think that it might be possible.
Old 2004-02-17, 21:24   Link #12
nak
Squishy

Send a message via AIM to nak
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Faction's Lord
Yes, this is a bit old, however, I wish to state a theory of mine. There are 3 parts that are used to create the philosophers stone, to be more exact 3 people. One person for each part of alchemy, Scar would be the destruction part, Ed is probably the creating section, leaving one last person to be understanding. This is merely a theory, I have no idea of the accuracy, but I think that it might be possible.
The thing about that is that if Ed sacrifices himself, who will restore Al? That's the center of the story right now-- to get back his brother and his bodies. That and Ed IMO represents sin more than creation for the taboo he had comitted.

Last edited by nak; 2004-02-18 at 15:12.
Closed Thread