AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-23, 09:22   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Hanasaku Iroha - Character Discussion - Tanemura Kouichi

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Tanemura Kouichi related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Hanasaku Iroha fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-05-23, 09:26   Link #2
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Misunderstanding and an emotionally hurt Ko incoming ...
Old 2011-05-23, 09:27   Link #3
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

OTOH, at least he knows that Ohana doesn't really know that he was coming now...I think.

Of course if he spots Ohana driving back to the Inn on Tohru's motor cycle.
Old 2011-05-23, 09:40   Link #4
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think the misunderstanding for episode 9 has been totally telegraphed - hype up the Ohana/Tohru speculation, Kou sees them and misunderstands, Minchi gets jealous. I just hope Kou doesn't go back to Tokyo, devastated, and we start the whole tease all over again. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it turns out differently.

I'm a bit bothered that Ohana couldn't even take 30 seconds to text Kou and let him know she was in the middle of a crisis, but she'd see him as soon as she could - just one of many credulity-stretching manipulations in episode 8. His decision to come to town without telling her might be impulsive, but he deserves better from her than he's getting. Thing is, though, that I don't necessarily see this as meaning she isn't interested - just that Kou is the one thing in her life that she feels unsure enough about that she's unwilling to charge ahead like a raging bull and confront impulsively. That indicates a seriousness of feeling, not a lack of it.
Old 2011-05-23, 09:42   Link #5
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Or... it may seem more likely that Kou will end up helping them out at the inn when he gets there. If there's something this show hasn't been, it hasn't been emotionally manipulative/
Old 2011-05-24, 04:21   Link #6
Unknown Soldier
:D

Good old Kou-chan, or as I like to refer to him as, "Young Master Friendzone" :3
Old 2011-05-25, 03:55   Link #7
deadite

Go Ko-chan! Anyone find it funny when Ohana teased Ko for being very patient in episode 1?
Old 2011-05-27, 07:30   Link #8
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
My usual alone-time at work led me to a different conclusion. I don't think that Ko is going to be all that affected when he sees Ohana and Tooru get off the bike or return together.

Think about it, Ko probably knows more about Ohana than Ohana herself. Take the latest ep 8 for example. By just hearing her voice, he was able to discern something was wrong with her, despite her saying 'yeah' to Ko's 'Are you doing well' question. Now if Ohana and Tooru were seen by Ko and they were laughing, [Ko]thinking they were having fun, then I can see his mind floating into emo territory. However, I think that whenever he sees Ohana and Tooru together, just by looking at her face, he will be able to discern that something is wrong and goes to investigate. Even in the event that the writers manage to make Ohana say something to intentionally cause a misunderstanding, I feel that his desire and love will provoke him for answers, or he will be more diligent in trying to pursue Ohana's feelings under the pretext of that misunderstanding.

If he starts getting emo/mopey, despite having already displayed how much he cares about Ohana, that will be totally out of his character, not to mention stupid and unrealistic. I would be very disappointed.
Old 2011-05-27, 10:20   Link #9
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Or... it may seem more likely that Kou will end up helping them out at the inn when he gets there. If there's something this show hasn't been, it hasn't been emotionally manipulative/
So...the show has or has not been emotionally manipulative? (The double negative is kind of confusing )
Old 2011-05-27, 11:04   Link #10
prenet

hope he will be always beat friend with ohana
Old 2011-05-27, 11:28   Link #11
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by prenet View Post
hope he will be always beat friend with ohana
So Ohana and Ko will get on motor bikes, hunt down the villain from 20th century boys and beat him up with baseball bats?
Old 2011-05-29, 21:28   Link #12
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

As a pro-Kou partisan, I prefer the interpretation that this episode was good for Ohana/Kou. It was him she thought of when she smelled Tohru's hair, and that bit with his co-worker in the end might be setting up a parallel with her and Tohru - an older co-worker to test their relationship and remind them of how much they love each other.

But really, I just want to be a contrarian in the avalanche of Ohana/Tohru shipping. Personally, I think that's a misdirection.
Old 2011-05-29, 22:10   Link #13
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
As a pro-Kou partisan, I prefer the interpretation that this episode was good for Ohana/Kou. It was him she thought of when she smelled Tohru's hair, and that bit with his co-worker in the end might be setting up a parallel with her and Tohru - an older co-worker to test their relationship and remind them of how much they love each other.

But really, I just want to be a contrarian in the avalanche of Ohana/Tohru shipping. Personally, I think that's a misdirection.
lol those are my feelings exactly too, including your last statement

Fight the good fight I guess
Old 2011-05-29, 22:40   Link #14
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Fight-o! Fight-o! Ganbare, Kou!
Old 2011-05-29, 23:48   Link #15
Dr. Casey

I would like to see Ohana and Kou get together as well since I like the guy a lot, though I wouldn't be surprised if they don't. This series is largely supposed to be about Ohana's maturation (Or that's what the trailers suggested, anyway), and my random speculation based off nothing is that part of this maturation's going to come from making tough decisions; decisions like rejecting her best friend and going with someone else instead. That probably won't be until towards the end, though. In the meantime Ohana will probably just continue dragging things out and trying to set a world record for 'Longest time avoiding giving a response to a confession.'
Old 2011-05-30, 00:53   Link #16
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEnzo View Post

I'm with you all the way, but try going into the Tohru thread and say that .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I would like to see Ohana and Kou get together as well since I like the guy a lot, though I wouldn't be surprised if they don't. This series is largely supposed to be about Ohana's maturation (Or that's what the trailers suggested, anyway), and my random speculation based off nothing is that part of this maturation's going to come from making tough decisions; decisions like rejecting her best friend and going with someone else instead. That probably won't be until towards the end, though. In the meantime Ohana will probably just continue dragging things out and trying to set a world record for 'Longest time avoiding giving a response to a confession.'
I see where you are coming from, but I disagree. She does not see Tohru as anything romantic right now. Of course, anything can change in 16 episodes, but I feel that she sees Ko more and more important to her as these episodes progressed. While people are saying Tohru scored some 'big' points with Ohana, ultimately, she contributed that to Ko instead of Tohru, earning Ko FAR more Ohana points anyway. Perhaps if Tohru starts getting aggressive, he would be a viable contender, but he doesn't seem like the type to do that. Even if he did, she would easily reflect upon what Ko has been/done to her, refusing Tohru's invitation. Can't forget about the Ohana rooting for Minchi either. If people really think Tohru is so inconsiderate that he'd ignore Ohana's feelings and aggressively go after her, then, well, they're underestimating his character.
Old 2011-05-30, 12:45   Link #17
satomianzaki

although i prefer Tohru (based on my personal preference...ahehe), i also don't mind Kou for Ohana...

with the efforts he did in the last episode just to see ohana, i do hope that they will not go unrewarded in the end...Kou already confessed to Ohana and he is still her best friend...he already has an edge compared with Tohru...

i agree with Chaos2Frozen, Kou should fight the good fight...

Last edited by satomianzaki; 2011-05-30 at 12:57.
Old 2011-05-30, 17:50   Link #18
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Nah, he shouid just find another girl. There's prob plenty of them in his school. Bet his coworker prob has a younger sister.

Sometimes it's just best to let go.
Old 2011-05-30, 20:28   Link #19
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

^It would suck for Ohana if she started seeing him in a romantic way and he had a girlfriend by that time...
Old 2011-05-31, 13:05   Link #20
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Nah, he shouid just find another girl. There's prob plenty of them in his school. Bet his coworker prob has a younger sister.

Sometimes it's just best to let go.
Realistically speaking, yes. Anime speaking... no.t so much, lol.

Gotta feel sorry for the poor slump.

Tags
characters