AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 63 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 30.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 10.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 3.17%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-29, 22:15   Link #141
Mashimaro
q8D

I love Tsukasa's weary look
Old 2007-06-29, 22:40   Link #142
superzombie23

Very funny episode. The convention part really made me laugh a lot.
Old 2007-06-29, 22:56   Link #143
Luminisk

Another lucky star episode made up of wins.
Old 2007-06-29, 22:57   Link #144
xerotwo
*Graphic Designer

Did i see a cosplayer's Suigintou's dress? o.O it was during the subway scene where a bunch of ppl crowd in
Old 2007-06-30, 00:13   Link #145
GriS

watched afk.. seems they break free of their rule of 'no extra notes at top' finally? or I didn't go through all of their releases... it occurred twice in episode 12.

comiket festival!... the only show to publicise it beside genshiken. enjoyed it especially the part where kagami succumbed to the temptation of yaoi doujinshi.
next, hiiragi in kimono somehow their kimono closely resembles this

Last edited by GriS; 2007-06-30 at 05:46.
Old 2007-06-30, 00:25   Link #146
tacobueno

This episode gave me some good chuckles, only the second so far for this series that has accomplished this, although I've only seen 8 or so of them (its not like you have to watch it in order). The part with the two booth guys which had the VA's from the other shows was entertaining, coulda used more lucky channelu though.

A solid 7 from me.

oh ya, Konata is 17 or something??? Give me a break Japan. Well at least its not as ridiculous as the Yoko being 14 crap.
Old 2007-06-30, 00:35   Link #147
lftwgr

It's out it's out it's out!!!

(Does a little jig on the coffee table)
Old 2007-06-30, 01:12   Link #148
shiro83

This episode is so funny, especially the Comiket segment. *laugh*
Old 2007-06-30, 01:16   Link #149
Fat Cat Lim

Did I read Lucky Channel right? There's going to be a new version of the Op song in the next episode?
Old 2007-06-30, 02:12   Link #150
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Wow, now that was a fun episode.

I absolutely loved Commander Konata barking orders to her troops in the beginning. She certainly knows her stuff.

Tomokazu vs. Tomokazu was fantastic to watch. I was so giddy with laughter at all the ironies of that scene.

They do seem to have gone a bit overboard with the Haruhi references though, IMHO.

Oh, and Akira's totally random "FUMOFFU!" was just great...
Old 2007-06-30, 02:18   Link #151
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

Spoiler for Episode 12 .. although, really, by this far in the thread we shouldn't need these anymore:
Old 2007-06-30, 02:20   Link #152
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriS View Post
next, hiiragi in kimono somehow their kimono closely resembles this
That's not a kimono, its a chihaya, worn by Shinto shrine maidens. Tsukasa and Kagami are miko ... they work for their dad who is a priest of the local Shinto shrine. The chihaya is made up of a dark red hakama, pleated pants, a white yukata style shirt with very long and wide sleeves, and tabi-style socks. Sometimes they'll have ribbons in their hair in a particular style to their shrine.
Old 2007-06-30, 02:35   Link #153
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Darn, what was that ED song? I get the feeling I should know it, but I can't remember from where.

In the summer, Konata and Kagami went without Tsukasa? Was that a date?

Kagami is right, it's only for that stuff, but Konata does sound intelligent and passionate when it comes to otaku stuff.

I'm sure next time she comes, Kagami will buy yaoi. The first time was a bit too much for her, but once she's prepared...
Old 2007-06-30, 04:27   Link #154
saihamaru
Loliphonica

this one's rocks!

Konata is multiplying endlessly
Old 2007-06-30, 04:43   Link #155
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Darn, what was that ED song? I get the feeling I should know it, but I can't remember from where.
That's Makenaide (負けないで) by ZARD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zard

Probably a timely and fitting tribute by Kyo-Ani to ZARD's lead singer Sakai Izumi, who sadly passed away last month after falling off a flight of stairs in a hospital while being treated for cervical cancer.

I know Comike is huge, but no matter how many times I see Comike being portrayed in media (be it in TV series like Densha Otoko or in this episode), I'm still impressed at the amount of people this fan-organized convention draws. So huge that Kona-chan has to give out meticulous army-like commands to Kagami-sama and Tsukasa-chan.

Quite ironic for Anime Tenchou's boss President Takahashi to call Sousuke and Kyon "unpopular" when Anime Tenchou and Sugita both rightly point out they're both "main characters". LOL

And Chihara Minori cameo as herself FTW.

It's a common ritual to impress your elders during New Year (or Chinese New Year) so you could get your annual packet money. But Kona-chan sure is working really hard for every penny.

LOL at Kona-chan asking Miyuki about packet money just after her dad explained it to him. Poor Sousuke.

Kona-chan sure is straight to the point when saying Nanako-sensei's online all the time.

Poor Akira-sama. As a result, Sebast...I mean Shiraishi was sensible to keep Lucky Channel brief.

To Stratos of a.f.k.: Once again great work on the new episode. Though can I make a comment? It's already halfway through the series, but I wonder why your karaoke for the OP Motteike! Sailor Fuku is still only available in romaji. (I'm the sort that tries not to read any romaji when possible while learning, reading and writing Japanese. ) The single's out for sometime already with lyrics attached. Of course I understand if you couldn't be bothered in order to spend more time on translating the main stuff.
Old 2007-06-30, 05:13   Link #156
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Quite ironic for Anime Tenchou's boss President Takahashi to call Sousuke and Kyon "unpopular" when Anime Tenchou and Sugita both rightly point out they're both "main characters". LOL
that was the whole point...its just blatantly obvious that the president tried to make it ironic in the most comical fashion XD

hightlight for me in this ep as the be the punch taken by sugita...well done! that just had to happen sooner or later for all the sarcastic remarks made while being kyon, yuuichi etc...now thats one less taken i wonder when the next "abuse sugita" scene comes in :3

the comiket scene was all full of win...and i have to say that i had deja vu looking at the cue from outside the hall...it reminded me of a genshiken ep

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-30, 05:48   Link #157
GriS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
That's not a kimono, its a chihaya, worn by Shinto shrine maidens. Tsukasa and Kagami are miko ... they work for their dad who is a priest of the local Shinto shrine. The chihaya is made up of a dark red hakama, pleated pants, a white yukata style shirt with very long and wide sleeves, and tabi-style socks. Sometimes they'll have ribbons in their hair in a particular style to their shrine.
ah thanks for the info... now on second look it is certainly different from the kimono they wore in earlier episode... this is really confusing
Old 2007-06-30, 05:59   Link #158
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
Is it just me, or does that look like Rena from Higurashi on the poster in the back?
extremely late answer, and people already thought this as well ^^"
yes it is rena, they use the PS2 Game, Matsuri CG

talking about reference,

Far left poster gives me Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLES vibes. (Yuko on the left, Shaolan and Sakura on the right... i may stretch too much my imagination thought )
as for the blue poster, the guy looks like Archer... don't have any clue for the girl below him.

well then, as for the episode itself :
  • Kagami's move at the very start was really cute and funny. Kona-chan and Kyo-chan look really like a couple
  • Konata, Cleaning and You... i dunno why, but what she said is pretty familiar to me XD
  • Tsukasa's innocence is really too cute. considering where they are going, i was expecting lots of trouble with her
  • Cosplayers and nerdy otaku cluttering the train... it looks so unreal and funny, but it is the (sad?) truth. Kagami's reaction sound to be only the beginning of the trial
  • just like what deathy said, it prety much look like Genshiken. was wondering if konata will act like Madarame Harunobu, and i was certainly not disappointed XD
  • Oba-san voice once again. i will agree with the major opinion here : rather than low budget, its purpose is probably minaly on comedy, since Kujira doesn't even bother to adapt her voice (not only it is wrong with the age of the char, but also with the expressions and all). i think it does work, but meh ^^
  • Tsukasa, completely lost. So predictable, and so great
  • Kagami tempted with that flashy Yaoi between Sousuke and Gauron. looks pretty hardcore, but nevertherless, she just have a peek. she is now tainted! Konata, what have you done?
  • Anime Tenchou buddies !
  • Tsukasa completely worn out. wasn't that exciting, ne? (is it me, or the right cosplayer is Nico Robin, from One Piece?). The BGM used here was really a perfect choice!
  • Konata's past is just scary... she is an HARDCORE otaku to say the least... she is beyond salvation
  • Chihara Minori ! (and some Kanon posters reference in the same scene)
  • w00t, the real boss is there, Anime tenchou ! Seki VS sugita is probably the main attraction of this ep. Seki is really going berserk here. I can't help but laugh out loud how they were complaining about the lack of selling popularity of their respective characters XD. Once again, the BGM work wonder, and the joke was really striking "well, they are both main characters..."
  • More "tsundere" moments with kagamin . Hiragi sisters look really good with their shrine maiden outfit. (and i think i will agree with konata about the visitors and their REAL purpose of their visit XD)
  • More antics with Konata's dad. he deserves constant screentime.
  • LS : the direct reference with the show was really a nice touch. Short, but works well. Fumoffu!
it is really hard to give less than a 9 for this ep in my book. on the other hand, something is lacking, compared to ep 6 and 10...
meh, i will round up, thus 10

side note : while i understand that a.f.k tried to keep a solid pattern with their subs, i'm wondering why the last line of the MMORPG chat between konata and her teacher wasn't translated.
well, it isn't that hard to guess what she was writing, but meh ^^"
Old 2007-06-30, 06:02   Link #159
Goron

best Ep yet !
Old 2007-06-30, 06:12   Link #160
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Far left poster gives me Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLES vibes. (Yuko on the left, Shaolan and Sakura on the right... i may stretch too much my imagination thought )
Don't worry, i was thinking the same thing while watching that scene. Thats why i love rewatching the first part of this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
was wondering if konata will act like Madarame Harunobu, and i was certainly not disappointed XD
Madarame is still on a much higher level then Konata.