Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-03-31, 22:38   Link #1281
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
A simple search on Amazon.com (duh) would have told you that part 1 of season 2 comes out on April 6th.
Looks like I asked just in time.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 14:09   Link #1282
Sander RX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbore View Post
Most people in space live in the colonies which are made to spin to simulate earth gravity. As for Moon colonies, in UC they have artificial gravity on their ships, so that would explain away the Moon's micro-gravity. Other AUs don't really delve into these technical issues so much, so I've got nothing there.
The issue of a Spacenoids physical fitness in Earthly environments is touched upon in Crossbone Gundam.
Spoiler for Spacenoid fitness issues in regard to Earth:
Sander RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 15:53   Link #1283
kakakka

Is 1 Gundam intended to be "Beloved" Gundam?
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 16:10   Link #1284
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I don't think so, no. Its not piloted by Setsuna and its not the Exia, after all...
Old 2010-04-09, 16:13   Link #1285
kakakka

LOL.

Reason why I asked was because 1 Gundam was pronounced "Ai" Gundam, some people are thinking it's meant to be "Beloved" Gundam; you know hidden meanings...
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 16:47   Link #1286
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, I get that. Ai translating into love, and all that. But I don't think it was intended to be read that way.
Old 2010-04-11, 01:07   Link #1287
fizzmaister
The Tall One

I was looking through the "Gundam series complete listing" thread and I saw "83 memory" and "another 83 memory." Does anyone know what those are? Is one of them the "mayfly of space" special?

edit: Brightman already answered. It's the same thing.

Last edited by fizzmaister; 2010-04-11 at 19:07. Reason: already answered.
fizzmaister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 20:12   Link #1288
Deliverance

Hope a lot of gundam fans read this.....
So it finally dawned on me today when looking through amazon on how much each series would cost via individual dvd's (Which FMA was cheaper) or Anime Legends, which I wish wasn't slapped across the dvd box...

Anyway I see...Zeta gundam, Gundam Seed, Destiny, 08th Ms Team, Gundam Wing.....Hell I think i saw G gundam....Gundam 0080, Gundam 0083...get the picture?

So WHERE is the Original 0079 that sparked all of this????? I mean hell, i pretty much know everything in 0079 simply from playing gundam games sadly. Not to mention go on amazon.com and you'll easily pay 30+ for a decent copy on 9/10 dvds of the series. It just doesn't make sense why they would do it to all other sereies and not 0079. I mean I want to own it. For a short time about 2 or 3 weeks ago, the WHOLE series was on a channel on youtube, somehow taken off...even though it was some anime channel that had it. I like English Dubs, so i do admit im being stubborn when i say i don't want it in Japanese.

So I doubt anyone can give me a real answer on this, but it would be interesting to hear some replies....im not even sure if this is the right thread but it is Q&A.

On another note, i wish Gundam X was dubbed. I hear its good, guess ill have to get over my English dub only preference and man up.
Deliverance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 22:37   Link #1289
GundamFan

Deliverance first off there is nothing wrong with wanting your anime dubbed I always found subs to be a bit of distraction and a pain. I was shocked too that they haven't released a boxset for 0079 but next week they are releasing a 0079 OVA Trilogy not as good as series boxset but still not bad for $30.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 22:15   Link #1290
Deliverance

I guess that OVA is better than nothing. I still think its weird though, I mean I have the fortune for owning the original Gundam Wing Box Set But as for every other gundam series I will need to get the anime Legends....Haha for G gundam, I forgot which box it was but its over 100$ So anime legends helps out in that...But thanks Gundam Fan for your opinion, if you want to really see something ridiculous, look up dvd 8 of 0079 on Amazon....Jaw Drop, I remember being 10 walking into suncoast and still seeing it on shelfs for 25.99$

At this point I wonder if theres anything that can be done as fans to bring it to Anime Legends....i couldn't imagine it lacking in sales.
Old 2010-04-16, 18:35   Link #1291
GundamFan

Your kidding over $100 G-Gundam you would have to be insane to pay that. Yeah I gotta copy of Gundam Wing box set to that isn't anime legends version either it's got this cardboard cover with animation on it I'm pretty sure it's an import not sure from where though since I got it used from Fye.

Who know why they won't release 0079 boxset in U.S. maybe at this point there waiting for 40th anniversy and are going to cash in $200 special edition boxset. At this point I just wish they would release some more of the older stuff like ZZ, Turn A Gundam etc.

Last edited by GundamFan; 2010-04-17 at 10:30.
Old 2010-04-16, 18:56   Link #1292
Deliverance

Your right, they dont have ZZ gundam in anime legends, and I really wish they would have Gundam X in English, which i have heard nothing but positive comments from, and I have heard crazy things about turn a gundam.... A 50 year anniversary, but .....its only been 30

I have also heard that double Zeta is the equivalent to seed destiny is that true?

Ill be buying Zeta gundam on anime legends, as well as 08th Ms team,The front cover of those dvd's are awesome, but i dont want to spend 40$ on something i can get for 20...

Also why does it appear that Gundam 0080 and 83 have better animation than Wing...Didn't wing come after? I never looked into it to much but i thought it happened that way.
Old 2010-04-17, 10:44   Link #1293
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliverance View Post
Your right, they dont have ZZ gundam in anime legends, and I really wish they would have Gundam X in English, which i have heard nothing but positive comments from, and I have heard crazy things about turn a gundam.... A 50 year anniversary, but .....its only been 30
That was a typo it was supposed read 40th since if they were doing 30th anniversary boxset we probably would have heard something already.

Quote:
I have also heard that double Zeta is the equivalent to seed destiny is that true?

Ill be buying Zeta gundam on anime legends, as well as 08th Ms team,The front cover of those dvd's are awesome, but i dont want to spend 40$ on something i can get for 20...
I haven't seen double ZZ but from what I have heard it isn't one of Gundams high point.

Quote:
Also why does it appear that Gundam 0080 and 83 have better animation than Wing...Didn't wing come after? I never looked into it to much but i thought it happened that way.
Gundam Wing was the last of those 3 to be made personaly I always thought 0080 had the worse animation out of the three. Although keep in mind to they all 3 were made roughly at the same time in terms animation technology 0080 being the first in 89 and Gundam Wing being the last in 95.
Old 2010-04-17, 14:29   Link #1294
Sander RX

Quote:
That's because Wing was a TV series while 0080 and 0083 were high budget OVAs.Also,age hardly matters.Budget,effort,talent and production deadlines aremore important.
Sander RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 20:39   Link #1295
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil

Does anyone know the name of the manga that is a prequel to G Gundam and stars young Master Asia as the main character?

Last edited by Sanger Zonvolt; 2010-04-18 at 04:06.
Sanger Zonvolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 21:07   Link #1296
Deliverance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanger Zonvolt View Post
Does anyone know the name of the manga that is a prequel to G Gundam and stars young Master Asia has the main character?
Im sorry I do not, Google is usually your best freind when it comes to that stuff though!

Hmm I guess it makes sense that its an OVA, not long enough to be a series, my bad.

so im guessing 08th MS team is an OVA as well right?

Man I really like the style of animation in 0080, at least in the trailer it looked good, (the mobile suits anyway) but I remember it looking good on adult swim years back.

I hope theres a 40th year anniversary...but thats 9 years away sadly I think a 30th would have done just fine.

By the way is 08th really good, im buying it and i remember seeing 2 episodes as a kid way back, and liking it.

So ZZ gundam isn't that good? Everyone says Destiny isn't good, and I must admit, I got rather.. errr whats the word, "dissapointed" when Ray used the Line Ramba Ral used, and in the end that poser Black Tri Star force, its supposed to be a seperate universe, the most he could have done was come up with something better, the suits got ridiculous in that series...my opinion though.

OH QUESTION: SO i see Gundam Astray Model kits with huge swords and i dont remember seeing them in Seed looking that way, so what are they from then??
Old 2010-04-17, 21:32   Link #1297
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
OH QUESTION: SO i see Gundam Astray Model kits with huge swords and i dont remember seeing them in Seed looking that way, so what are they from then??
There's a crapload of sidestories in the name of Astray. Astray R, Astray B, Astray X, Astray Destiny, etc...
Old 2010-04-17, 22:23   Link #1298
GundamFan

Quote:
What color is the suit my best guess would be it's either Red or Blue frame but without a better discription I can't be sure.
Old 2010-04-17, 23:59   Link #1299
Deliverance

Oh crap, I mean it wasnt an urgent question but thanks I didnt know there was so many....I wish they would make that gundam series with Hydra gundam into a show already, but thanks for your answers people!

Isn't it sad that Gundam fans get very little attention, I mean theres so much stuff that would make us happy that Bandai will never do.

Why did they never dub Gundam X?
Old 2010-04-18, 00:26   Link #1300
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Oh crap, I mean it wasnt an urgent question but thanks I didnt know there was so many....I wish they would make that gundam series with Hydra gundam into a show already, but thanks for your answers people!

Isn't it sad that Gundam fans get very little attention, I mean theres so much stuff that would make us happy that Bandai will never do.

Why did they never dub Gundam X?
Because Gundam X was the least profitable full Gundam series, and was canceled during its run.