AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Midori no Hibi

Notices

Old 2004-06-22, 23:33   Link #521
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
181? 182?! Umm, are you reading the same "Midori no Hibi" manga as us? Or have you obtained the series 100 weeks ahead of us now...

^_^;;; Oops I was reading the title of the file for another manga when I typed it I meant 31 and 32.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 06:25   Link #522
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinsenx
nanana
sorry if u guys misunderstood me for using that word,.. didnt meant as somethin bad but as in lame
sorryy
Heheh! That's the funniest thing I've read in quite some time!

As for me, well...it's based on the manga, not the series, but if you ask me, Kouta's the one who should get Seiji!

-BonBon
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 11:00   Link #523
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Ooo, I'm on pins and needles waiting for the last ep!

Midori meeting him in person is what I'm looking forward to the most. I couldn't imagine this anime having a sad ending with her being sullen and depressed... hopefully she will become more mature and self-confident. Whether a romance between them starts seems less important than that.

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 09:47   Link #524
hi no ken Jebus

Midori no Hibi [Anime Discussion]

damn i knew something was off the minute they started deviating from the manga 13 episodes is not doing this series justice i mean i was looking forward to this as a comedy/romance sort of deal but they just started cranking out the filler and killed this. I mean takamizawa got more screen time than anyone they never showed Nao or her father which was my main reason for watching this, but they didnt bother instead we got stupid dream episodes about roles were switched and takamizawa finding some marin chan look alike. Kouta got raped he seems added towards the end as an after thought hopefully whatever company picks this up [im putting my money on gayneon] sees some potential and produced a second season like ai yori aoshi . they could have easily come up with 26 episodes. At least the manga was good and if ever licensed will buy those and pass on this. Anyway the end wrapped this interpretation of the manga rather fast it was a nice episode I wonder how they will handle the ayase/ midori/ seiji triangle now.
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 10:05   Link #525
kool_dudy

hehe...imagine MnH got licensed one day before ep. 13....
kool_dudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 20:12   Link #526
Itlandm
Porcupine

Really, you have to admire them for trying to make a somewhat coherent show from a gag-a-day manga such as MnH. Yes, there are something vaguely like story arcs in the manga, but for the most part this is simply adding more characters. If they did not deviate from the manga, they would end up with a very long anime that did not really tell a story. So I think it is OK this way. Of course, I am curious as to what they decided on, to bring a closure or leave it open.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 00:46   Link #527
Yxy
chaunen...

what I could make out from the ep13 raw :

Spoiler:
Yxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 00:50   Link #528
kool_dudy

From your spoiler...

Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-27, 01:09   Link #529
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Spoiler for manga and anime:
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 01:48   Link #530
CowMix

Spoiler:
CowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 05:08   Link #531
NarutoHead

Send a message via AIM to NarutoHead
HATERS, c'mon!

I mean....

Spoiler:
NarutoHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 05:28   Link #532
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

... He was forced to look at her.

BTW, why does Midori love Seiji, again? I don't recall anyone ever mentioning it. Because she looked at him from a far and went to a different school and only heard rumors about how evil he was? Oh man, that makes me want to turn gay and bang him.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 06:14   Link #533
Itlandm
Porcupine

I think Seiji is supposed to be kinda good looking if you like them a bit unpolished. And I know one of my female friends has this attraction to not quite criminal "bad boy" types. It irritates me because she's really too good for that, but she doesn't seem able to help herself. Even if she suppresses it in her head, she can't do anything about her heart ... So yeah, I think it is quite realistic. Girls are just weird sometimes, we gotta deal with it.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 11:44   Link #534
onigiri
....always have hope =)..

ahahahahaha~ although i'm a girl, i'll have to agree with your idea: girls ARE weird when ever it's dealing with love. hahaha i remember that my first crush, i had liked/loved him for the longest time, yet i don't even know the reason why....haha same thing with my first bf..i loved him so much, but if some asked me why..i'll only be able to list a few reasons and then end up saying 'i don't know! i just love him!'.....haha....i guess there was something about them that attracted me..??..

Spoiler:
onigiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 18:41   Link #535
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
The series itself was very entertaining IMO. Actually I enjoyed it all the way from beginning to end, I can't remember that there was a episode I didn't like
Wilcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 20:42   Link #536
eabandit

I think that for the last episode intro/ending theme they should have remade the series' intro theme with Midori in her full body and not as Seiji's right hand. That woulda been cool. At least they did remake the last shot like that
eabandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 21:29   Link #537
nephilim
Loves Kaori

The first 12 episodes are for gags (For fans' entertainment). The last episode is to end the series with a finale. Perhaps in the end the whole purpose of this anime is not to tell a story but to entertain us afterall ^^"
nephilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 22:16   Link #538
kool_dudy

^
|

I agree...

the 12 episodes seem to be more of entertainment...the only parts that were important during those 12 episodes are...

Spoiler:

Other than that, they were all filler episodes but VERY VERY GOOD fillers......
Old 2004-06-28, 22:33   Link #539
DarcLion XVI
Shadow Stream

Send a message via ICQ to DarcLion XVI Send a message via AIM to DarcLion XVI Send a message via MSN to DarcLion XVI Send a message via Yahoo to DarcLion XVI
Just done watching the final episode, and I say it was a good ending. A mixture of happy and sad in situations.

Good job w/ AnimeEmpire's translation. I like the way they translated better than Seiichi's.

Last edited by DarcLion XVI; 2004-06-29 at 00:22.
DarcLion XVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 22:40   Link #540
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Having just watched it, I'm on a "good-ending to a series" anime buzz, so please excuse me if I gush.

I'm really happy I saw this anime. The concept was delicate, to say the least. I'm glad they made it a comedy with just enough love story to give it some weight. The gags were very well done, I think I'll give it an "excellent" rating in that area.

And thanks to the fansubbers! This quality of anime experience is why this is my favorite hobby, and it keeps getting better as time goes on!

-k
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote