AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 6 12.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 8.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 27.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 34.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.26%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 6.38%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-12, 08:25   Link #21
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlotte View Post
No this one is no different...Final episode will come...they get together...credits roll...the end. Only problem is they just pissed away an entire episode basically doing nothing.
Well, not necessarily. The next episode is named 'Goodbye', so I'm thinking that maybe Rihoko commits suicide next episode from depression over the whole unrequited love thing? That's my prediction, anyway.
Old 2010-11-12, 08:29   Link #22
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

...O_O;

Pretty sure that won't happen. :X
Old 2010-11-12, 08:30   Link #23
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlotte View Post
No this one is no different...Final episode will come...they get together...credits roll...the end. Only problem is they just pissed away an entire episode basically doing nothing.
It doesn't matter if the endings turn out to be the same in each arc, how we reach said ending is always different, and that's the point i am making.

I know there was no romance development in this episode, and i'm saying that's the approach of Rihoko's arc. It doesn't need to be the same as the past four arcs.
Old 2010-11-12, 08:38   Link #24
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

No development in this episode for Rihoko but for Junichi, there might be because of Umehara's line.

I don't get why they put the scene where Hibiki gave Ai the Oden recipe. That scene should be in Ai's arc not here because that scene is too long for me.

Rihoko's biting Junichi's finger.... Amagami~!!
Old 2010-11-12, 09:22   Link #25
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I know there was no romance development in this episode, and i'm saying that's the approach of Rihoko's arc. It doesn't need to be the same as the past four arcs.
So...how do we have romance without any...romance?
Old 2010-11-12, 09:46   Link #26
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
We don't. They will throw some half assed thing together next episode to try and salvage the arc. I don't see how people could say that Sea's arc was the worst. This arc has been terrible. It's like the oh there's also Rihoko arc.
Old 2010-11-12, 10:02   Link #27
Gault
inc_mplete

Junichi getting a poke on Rihokos cheek - 10 points!
Junicihi dropping the towel infront of Miya and Rihoko - 100 Points..
Rihoko dancing and singing - 500 Points
Rihoko explaining why she doesn't want to become an Idol - 1000 Points
Rihokos New Years Eve Wishes - A tear rolling down my cheek (unexplainable)
Old 2010-11-12, 10:36   Link #28
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

...... The entire premise of the arc is built around the unrequited love from the girl's POV, which is something completely apart from the near-mutual approach of the previous arcs, which makes it the entire thing rather open in terms of how it can end. Previous arcs were practically fated to end in coupling, but this arc makes indications that you can't completely expect the same lovey-dovey because it runs very, very differently from previous arcs.

Most conclusions and decisions a lot of you are making in this thread are pretty premature IMO.
Old 2010-11-12, 10:59   Link #29
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
...... The entire premise of the arc is built around the unrequited love from the girl's POV, which is something completely apart from the near-mutual approach of the previous arcs, which makes it the entire thing rather open in terms of how it can end. Previous arcs were practically fated to end in coupling, but this arc makes indications that you can't completely expect the same lovey-dovey because it runs very, very differently from previous arcs.
Exactly.

& most of the people posting in this thread don't seem to wanna accept that, and would rather bash what's going on. Sure i can see why people would seem upset that we're not seeing the level of romance we're used to in the series, though at least accept that we're experiencing a different approach to romance instead of a straight forward one.
Old 2010-11-12, 11:07   Link #30
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

As I posted in my blog, I'm willing to accept a "Just Friends" ending if that's all that really exists between the two of them. Sucks to be Rihoko I'm sure, and I'm still rooting for her to the end, but if that's how the dice rolls then that's how the dice rolls.

If anything, this episode toys with the possibility that the creators may actually be willing to have a different sort of ending for an arc.
Old 2010-11-12, 11:45   Link #31
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Nishishishi~ plenty of Miya service in this episode, so it was good. I'm really loving her arc. Wait a minute, we're still on Rihoko's arc? I didn't notice. Seriously, Miya totally stole the show. Basically nothing else happened in this episode, just Rihoko talking about her diet and then stuffing herself with cakes as usual. I would have liked to see something new.

It's amazing how bad this anime's pacing is. 3 episodes with next to zero romantic development, yet despite this they're still going to somehow end up together in the next episode. I seriously doubt they're going to go with a "BFF forever" ending, but I wouldn't mind it.
Old 2010-11-12, 12:33   Link #32
stardf29

I thought the romantic development in this episode was fine... maybe a bit on the slow side, but not nearly to the extent everyone here is claiming. But then again, that might just be because I have such fundamentally different views on romance from everyone else...

So, instead of talking about that, I would like to award Junichi some points.

First off, he turned down Umehara's request for a "video watching session" so he could spend time with Rihoko. (Considering this is after he refused to go somewhere with Kaoru so he and Umehara could ogle at girls in an art book...)

And second, for Rihoko's sake, he seriously takes up the art of... making tea. He even practices it at home! That's an awful lot of dedication for someone he claims is "just a friend", if you ask me.

Add to that his first-episode act of widening the fence-hole for her, and Junichi has won more points in this arc so far than... well, in all the other arcs combined...
Old 2010-11-12, 12:45   Link #33
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

The episode was good, though was mostly due to Miya and the tea club sempais being amusing characters as always and this arc unless has amazing episode next week will be considered the weakest of the 5 girl's arc so far, seriously even the shy Sae was bold enough by this point in her arc to hold Tachibana's hand and try to get closer to him .

Hence I've given this episode a 7.
MAL
Old 2010-11-12, 13:03   Link #34
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardf29 View Post
And second, for Rihoko's sake, he seriously takes up the art of... making tea. He even practices it at home! That's an awful lot of dedication for someone he claims is "just a friend", if you ask me.
Huh? I thought he took up tea because he liked it.
Old 2010-11-12, 13:11   Link #35
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
That's what I thought too.
MAL
Old 2010-11-12, 13:38   Link #36
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Too slow. No romantic development at all (or just a little). The first minutes with Ai was useless (what the hell is that serioulsy ).....I give this episode a 7 but it's because I'm gentle. For just four episodes the pace is really too slow. I'm not optimistic at all for the last one.
Old 2010-11-12, 13:41   Link #37
Used Can

I understand the point of Rihoko's arc should be subtle development, but... at least show subtle development! No development is, by no means, subtle development. I swear, Rihoko is cute as hell, and I love her so, but this arc has only got one episode left and, so far, there's been no romance. I understand the point they're childhood friends, and that they've already got a story together. There's also the bit in ep1, when it was sort of hinted Rihoko is Junichi's type, but come on, even if you can call that hinting, that's still no development.

I swear, after Haruka's arc, this anime just completely failed at pacing, in my opinion. I'm not saying it has been bad, but compared to what it could have been, it ends up being a very mediocre adaptation. Honestly, sometimes I think the anime staff doesn't like romance, for some reason, since they reduce the romance that was had in the VN to a minimum.
Old 2010-11-12, 13:46   Link #38
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I swear, after Haruka's arc, this anime just completely failed at pacing, in my opinion. I'm not saying it has been bad, but compared to what it could have been, it ends up being a very mediocre adaptation. Honestly, sometimes I think the anime staff doesn't like romance, for some reason, since they reduce the romance that was had in the VN to a minimum.
Agreed. Too bad because the format is really interesting and has a lot of potential. I really hope it will not be the last time that we see this format
Old 2010-11-12, 14:09   Link #39
stardf29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
If that's the case, give him a point for actually having an interest he's willing to pursue, because in the other arcs, I don't recall him having that sort of interest in anything that didn't walk on two legs and have mammary glands...

I think it's some of both. Certainly, his liking tea started things off, but it seems (to me, at least) that knowing Rihoko would be otherwise left alone in the club the following year encouraged him to put forth some effort himself.

But, that's just how I see it.
Old 2010-11-12, 14:09   Link #40
brain
house music addict

Frustrating that there was a lack of major relationship development from this episode so I did not rate it highly, even though I enjoyed it. I suppose that is meant to emphasize when (in the next episode, I'm sure) a shift in viewpoint is all it takes for Junichi to go from loving Rihoko as a friend to as a lover. They don't have to discover reasons to love each other because they are very close already. It's been shown so many times that Junichi is a very dense young man, so I take his apparent lack of interest as an indication that he has no idea at all that Rihoko has a crush on him.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Closed Thread