AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-10-10, 03:48   Link #7501
ShiroiRyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
Fantastic, Ayaka's sheer shotacon broke the pactio system. And Negi.
Man, that was a so good chapter ... XD
Ayaka pactio ...
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 04:08   Link #7502
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Quote:
-Fate : I'm starting to feel that you're more fitting as a leader of evil nowadays
-Negi : I take that as a compliment
nice throwback there
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 04:51   Link #7503
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Don't forget, she does have abilities and powers of her own, though minor compared with most everyone in Ala Alba.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 10:01   Link #7504
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

...Was Ayaka always this extreme?

An earth-shattering kiss, a crossdressing Negi, and Chizuru with a spring onion pactio artifact. My day is complete.

Ayaka's power is simple to describe but complicated--and a bit unsettling--in practice. I wonder how that works out.

Quote:
Karma for the Chachamaru incident, I guess.
Old 2011-10-10, 10:09   Link #7505
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

LOL at chapter 340.

"The Pactio is reversed !"

Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 11:33   Link #7506
ZeroForever

hilarous chapter shotapower goooo!!!

still though another break already.... bah... no chapter till 19th now
Old 2011-10-10, 13:25   Link #7507
S3vEn

I suppose Ayaka card can also allow her to meet people from different time period as well?
or something along those lines lol

Fate was cut off before explaining it true worth
S3vEn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 16:40   Link #7508
ChronoReverse

Negi should've just let the pactio be reversed. His artifact is amazing after all. They can always do one more pactio properly afterwards.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 00:36   Link #7509
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

A few thoughts:

Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-11, 00:49   Link #7510
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm not sure there's really a "true power" behind Ayaka's card, beyond what she's already stated.

It's just that Kotarou went with a brute force application - the card wouldn't exactly be useless, but do they really need the help to get at people that way? What the card can do is help them meet important people without the resentment that punching through their security would bring. It helps them in the political arena. Much more useful than assassination or kidnapping, if what you want is a bloodless revolution. (Of course, I do wonder why they bothered to stop Chao in the first place...)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 01:10   Link #7511
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Of course, I do wonder why they bothered to stop Chao in the first place...
I thought we had established that already. She didn't tell them.

I mean, yes she told them what her plans were and Negi knew that he was the bad guy in that particular case to some extent as magic being revealed to the world would be much easier. But she neglected a key aspect, which is why she was opposed.

If magic being exposed and them turned into ermines was a small price to pay for what was to come, she would have told them that as well instead of just causing trouble for them like she did.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 02:50   Link #7512
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
(Of course, I do wonder why they bothered to stop Chao in the first place...)
Because at that time, they didn't know an entire world was at stake. Chao explicitly withheld that detail from them and told them she was motivated by the small disasters happening each day rather than the gargantuan world-threatening one.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 07:07   Link #7513
ellifeedn
Thinker

@quigonkenny: Couldn't Asuna and Ayaka have taken those age pills? (So that seeing them in skimpy clothing would feel less awkward).
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 09:49   Link #7514
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
@quigonkenny: Couldn't Asuna and Ayaka have taken those age pills? (So that seeing them in skimpy clothing would feel less awkward).
Of course, given how this story is written by Love Hina creator Ken Akamatsu...
Old 2011-10-11, 10:21   Link #7515
Dargor
Welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Wait, so the girls get stripped on a regular basis and its A-okay, but as soon as they wear something a little skimpy and its all of the sudden awkward?
Dargor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 15:10   Link #7516
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargor View Post
Wait, so the girls get stripped on a regular basis and its A-okay, but as soon as they wear something a little skimpy and its all of the sudden awkward?
First, only Asuna is bothered by it, and second, Asuna isn't fine with getting stripped on a regular basis. She usually is the one who beats Negi up for it.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 18:55   Link #7517
Dargor
Welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
First, only Asuna is bothered by it, and second, Asuna isn't fine with getting stripped on a regular basis. She usually is the one who beats Negi up for it.
You assume I'm referring to the characters, which is not exactly the case.
Old 2011-10-12, 20:12   Link #7518
y0shi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Because at that time, they didn't know an entire world was at stake. Chao explicitly withheld that detail from them and told them she was motivated by the small disasters happening each day rather than the gargantuan world-threatening one.

Didnt they have this conversation?

"is the thing youre trying to stop the end of the world?"
"no, just the daily tragedies"

or something like that?

Otherwise I stopped reading after the end of the last arc because I didnt have any time and I just caught up. After reading bleach its hilarious how even the random pointless chapters like those are soo much better then bleach. I love this manga <3. Laughted really hard at the reversed pactio And people really didnt get that this was negi?

I still dont get two things:

1. Why can the mage of the beginning steal bodies? Does that confirn that negis father is dead? I dont get this part. Wasnt there also a chapter that showed how nagi got caught in some trap 10 years ago? Which chapter was this?

2. Why did the Mage of the beginning retreat? Cant make sence of of this either

Also wondering how the manga will continue now and the whole zazie deal still needs some explanation

~ I'll hold your hand if you hold mine ~
~ The time that we kill keeps us alive ~
y0shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 21:46   Link #7519
Dargor
Welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0shi View Post
Didnt they have this conversation?

"is the thing youre trying to stop the end of the world?"
"no, just the daily tragedies"

or something like that?

Otherwise I stopped reading after the end of the last arc because I didnt have any time and I just caught up. After reading bleach its hilarious how even the random pointless chapters like those are soo much better then bleach. I love this manga <3. Laughted really hard at the reversed pactio And people really didnt get that this was negi?

I still dont get two things:

1. Why can the mage of the beginning steal bodies? Does that confirn that negis father is dead? I dont get this part. Wasnt there also a chapter that showed how nagi got caught in some trap 10 years ago? Which chapter was this?

2. Why did the Mage of the beginning retreat? Cant make sence of of this either

Also wondering how the manga will continue now and the whole zazie deal still needs some explanation
Its commonly speculated that the MotB we saw on MM was most likely a projection of himself casting unto its surface. For all intents and purposes, hes still trapped underneath the world tree. As to why the Lifemaker can steal bodies, well, there isn't exactly a explanation for that yet. Its possible he did it for a bid for immortality, but it doesn't seem to be a very successful since he has such a pessimistic view on his own life. Some think that his body snatching abilities are thanks to experimentation on Eva, but we really don't know if he was trying to make a human body immortal to stop the need for body hopping, or he was trying to figure out how to body hop. Nagi's will is still around, but it seems to be taking back seat with the lifemaker assuming direct control. And nope, we really don't know jack about the actual battle that took place between the two. We know it happened, and we know how it turned out, but thats about it. Only one that has any details on this at the moment is probably Al. Actually Asuna herself may have some recollection of the events. She knew Nagi was gone after Gateau bit the dust at the very least.
Old 2011-10-13, 10:24   Link #7520
DKN117

You HAD to use that particular three-word pattern in the presence of an ME fan, didn't you?

"Negi! I don't have much time, son, but I need to tell you - the key to beating this guy is t-ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL!"
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy