AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-10, 13:41   Link #1101
II Maestro

Finally its starting~! Surprise to see unit-01 use and connect unit-03's arm.
Old 2013-10-10, 13:49   Link #1102
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Now what will happen to L-elf since he was bitten?
I honestly don't know what kind of side effects it may cause if Haruto keeps feeding on him routinely
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-10-10, 13:54   Link #1103
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

-Saki is offering her body to Haruto to calm his berserk-state.
-New JIOR is getting a lots of funds and materials to rebuilt the module.
-The "Are you worried about me?" from the ep 12's S2 preview is from Shoko talking to L-elf (ship tense).
-The new mecha that Dorssia are building has humanoid-form.
-A new Valvrave tensed at the end of opening(possibly Valvrave-02).
-Shoko maturing a lots, liking her more and more. She had taken her job as prime minister seriously.
Old 2013-10-10, 14:02   Link #1104
II Maestro

Haruto rejects Saki's offer while he chose L-elf, could it be the boy in season 1 that was talking to Saki was HarutoxL-elf result?
Old 2013-10-10, 14:46   Link #1105
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I swear that all Valvrave's previews are all misleading, Haruto isn't dying or anything he just need to regularly replenished his supply of rune. The human experiment that L-elf is talking about is just that Haruto himself willingly volunteered to be a lab rat to learn more about kamitsuki and Valvrave.
Old 2013-10-10, 17:05   Link #1106
NeutralZero

^^He probably rejected Saki due to the event that happen before them in S1...
Old 2013-10-10, 17:15   Link #1107
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Come to think of it, most of the quotes from the first preview were said in this episode.
Old 2013-10-10, 20:12   Link #1108
iCK

Since people get the Magius emblem when turned into Magius, their bodies and minds are taken over from other Magius of the past. ( They transfer DNA/Spirit/Rune into the person they bit). But, I'm betting that Haruto is going to start a whole new race/generation of Magius considering, Saki said "the first of us, the Founder, lost many of his comrades in battles for Module 77 " in episode 12 of season 1. Otherwise, she wouldn't refer to the first of "us" as the founder.

I'm also betting the four other pilot' VVVs are Haruto's VVVs children, which allows him to start a whole new generation/race of Magius. It's called a revolution for a reason.

Saki gets Pinion( I think thats her name, whatever the female VVV is called)
and
Haruto gets Prue after transferring Pinion to Saki.

Last edited by iCK; 2013-10-10 at 20:33.
Old 2013-10-10, 21:03   Link #1109
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
Since people get the Magius emblem when turned into Magius, their bodies and minds are taken over from other Magius of the past. ( They transfer DNA/Spirit/Rune into the person they bit). But, I'm betting that Haruto is going to start a whole new race/generation of Magius considering, Saki said "the first of us, the Founder, lost many of his comrades in battles for Module 77 " in episode 12 of season 1. Otherwise, she wouldn't refer to the first of "us" as the founder.

I'm also betting the four other pilot' VVVs are Haruto's VVVs children, which allows him to start a whole new generation/race of Magius. It's called a revolution for a reason.

Saki gets Pinion( I think thats her name, whatever the female VVV is called)
and
Haruto gets Prue after transferring Pinion to Saki.
I hope so, too. Seriously? A green, four-leaf clover? I say they should be killed just for that.
Old 2013-10-12, 00:27   Link #1110
Key Board
Carbon

Ok.. I've thought about it for a while, and here is my prediction

It is speculated by Kibukawa that Runes contain DNA information and Haruto will be feeding from L-Elf more frequently so...

My prediction is...
Silver haired Haruto
A trait which he later passes down to this descendents
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-10-12, 00:53   Link #1111
Destined_Fate

So he goes full on Vampire?

But that doesn't explain Saki being treated so oddly by that kid that looks so much like L-Elf.

Maybe Haruto biting L-Elf causes L-Elf's genetic structure to change due to too much biting which affects his descendants?

Since the Magius, and the space vampires, are immortal I can see them not being able to have kids thus the desire to feed and convert others to their immortal race to fill up their numbers.

Thus this way it explains the L-Elf look-a-like kid and why Saki is so odd with the kid that doesn't give off that they're relatives.

So there's still hope that the kid is from L-Elf and Shoko!
Old 2013-10-12, 01:00   Link #1112
Key Board
Carbon

he doesn't go full vampire
he goes part L-Elf because of the constant ingesting of L-Elf runes
and yes, that would make things awkward for Shoko or Saki
but I wouldn't put it above Valvrave

and I don't think you can say for sure what the context between Saki and that boy is.
really, what is the proper way to act towards your possible great great great? grandchild?

//
Old 2013-10-12, 01:05   Link #1113
Destined_Fate

That's true but if the Magius can have kids than they wouldn't really need to convert people and have a crazy cult over it... Right?

I also don't think that L-Elf wont be affected by the constant biting.
Old 2013-10-12, 01:15   Link #1114
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
That's true but if the Magius can have kids than they wouldn't really need to convert people and have a crazy cult over it... Right?

Well, this is conjecture, but I get a feeling that magius can NOT produce another magius offspring

I think the episode strongly implies that happened to Amadeus is that he was jacked, and he is no longer Amadeus now. He is now Mirco. So it's more a body transfer. With that in mind, The actual number of magius remain the same. It's still a 101 person council. I think this is why Cain is so excited about Valvraves, because Valvraves can turn people into Magius. Thus they can finally "sustain their race"

That being said, I think there's still the possibility for a Magius to have a normal human offspring.
And the implication is that the child in the future is human

Quote:
I am sure it will have an effect. But he's the one who is getting his runes taken from him.
In other words, he's not getting any of Haruto. Haruto's the one who's getting some of him.
Old 2013-10-12, 10:50   Link #1115
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Well, this is conjecture, but I get a feeling that magius can NOT produce another magius offspring

I think the episode strongly implies that happened to Amadeus is that he was jacked, and he is no longer Amadeus now. He is now Mirco. So it's more a body transfer. With that in mind, The actual number of magius remain the same. It's still a 101 person council. I think this is why Cain is so excited about Valvraves, because Valvraves can turn people into Magius. Thus they can finally "sustain their race"

That being said, I think there's still the possibility for a Magius to have a normal human offspring.
And the implication is that the child in the future is human
I'm no sure that this was a body swap even with Amadeus. I've said my reasons in another thread, but I just though of another, while thinking more about it. What if the Fuehrer is like the Pope in that he takes another name when he takes up the role? What if Mirko was the guy's real name before becoming the Dorssian leader and then took up the name Amadeus? This is especially indicated by the fact that the guy's full name is Amadeus K. Dorssia. "Dorssia" was his real last name the entire time, especially when it was said he staged a coup a decade ago?
I suppose it's possible, like with Lelouch's last name being "Britannia", but it does indicate other possibilities.

I think you may sort of be right with the whole children thing though. Though the council doesn't seem that concerned about procreating. They turned Amadeus simply because they couldn't trust him to do what they told him to do anymore. It was more of a punishment then any sort of push to procreate.

Also, if the council of the 101 are the ruling body of the Magius, then that means there are others under their ruler-ship other than the humans. There are other Magius out there then simply this 101. How many more, we don't know. There are female and male Magius, so they shouldn't have a problem procreating. However, it is possible that they are infertile and that their species procreate like viruses or parasites, in that they turn others into themselves to make more of themselves.

However, that calls into question Haruto's sex drive as a Magius. It's obvious that he wasn't after runes or any such thing when it came to Saki. He didn't try to bite her neck or anything, but was distinctly after something totally different. This would indicate that Haruto, at least at his level, has the drive and potential to procreate as a Magius. Now if this is something that is unique to Haruto, I can see why the pair Prue and Pino are so important to the Magius, and why Haruto would be important as well. If Pino, as a female progenitor of the Magius species is one of the only ones capable of making fertile Magius capable of procreation, then she's got to be priority number one on Magius to-do list.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-12, 20:10   Link #1116
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

It could be that Dr. Tokishima, upon stumbling across an alien discovery, offered the technology to Prime minister Sashinami to be used as ticket for freedom, for it's plausible that Ryuuji san also once submitted to the potency of the magius. The late prime minister knew of their existence since, of course, he's the head of the VVV project. He defied the council and surreptitiously took their most valuabe possession which is Pino to be used against them. It's like a payback for making the humans work for them in silence and do their bidding in threat. Not counting the recent meeting, the last time that the magius council gathered themselves along with the nations' leaders, JIOR's could be there as well, was ten years ago, the same time Cain became a magius. I think that Dorssia was the first to withstand the council's power that the magius thought of using Cain with an the agenda of helping the Fuhrer's faction to bring the monarchy down and punishing those who'd go against them to maintain its influence. Now that Amadeus has caused the conflict between JIOR and Dorssia, it's apparent that the 101 council will use him so whoever is in his body should stay in character. ARUS doesn't have a choice but to go along with them or they'll experience the same fate of JIOR and Dorssia, the previous government.

Those people behind the Valvrave project are now in hiding so it's up to Haruto to find them and know the truth, but it looks like Saki will be the first to know before him, and she'll be terrified upon knowing the truth. The magius will turn her into one of them that she'll scream for Haruto's help.
Old 2013-10-13, 12:55   Link #1117
Fjoergyn

We will have a time jump, I say because they are more mature and there were some strange wicks
Old 2013-10-13, 14:02   Link #1118
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

That worries me because if there are goin' to be more timeskip, there are some information and scenes that won't be explained. The spin-off manga and its LN are just going to fill that void that the show left. Well, I hope it does not happen, and they'll be good enough to pack stuffs in one go.
Old 2013-10-13, 14:20   Link #1119
Irenesharda

Technically, they've already passed that point by showing the time skips at all. They are going to have to cover that stuff on screen, since they can't expect everyone to read the supplementary stuff.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-13, 14:51   Link #1120
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Technically, they've already passed that point by showing the time skips at all. They are going to have to cover that stuff on screen, since they can't expect everyone to read the supplementary stuff.
Agreed. I would rather they show that to us on screen because it would also add a sense of importance to it.