AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-13, 00:24   Link #15321
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Uh, no, it's pretty clear with the current translations that Kakine and Accelerator are special.
No doubt they are special, but when did we draw the connection that Awakening is base on power type? Isn't it more like both their brains could process strange Data? Accelerator awakened while hearing Index's song, Kakine's awakened while looking at Accelerator's Wings....

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
And telekinesis didn't appear in the Bible either...
I don't even know why we're bring the Bible into this
Old 2011-12-13, 00:27   Link #15322
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
No doubt they are special, but when did we draw the connection that Awakening is base on power type? Isn't it more like both their brains could process strange Data? Accelerator awakened while hearing Index's song, Kakine's awakened while looking at Accelerator's Wings....
Actually, it was because those things played a part of their own 'epiphany' that made them "Awaken" to a new Aeon. Technically, if Mikoto had an 'epiphany', of epic proportions, or something changed her Personal Reality, then it is possible, but not probable.

Index's song may have played a part, but both of Accel's awakening's were to defend Last Order. Kakine's were due to his jealousy of Accel (which Aleister fostered) and realizing his own power through watching Accel's.

And let's not forget, Aleister is the key to both of them. He planned for them to awaken by playing chess master. Mikoto has no such chess master moving her around to get her stronger. Aleister needed her abilities for Radio Noise, but as someone pointed out to me a long time ago, he has no more use for her after getting her DNA map.

Even if she could awaken, if he thought it would hinder his plans or distort them further, she'd be on the chopping block.

Edit: Time to start adding Tropes to TV tropes. Someone list them and I'll add them.

PS: Anyone who can make Cinderella Bada** has my respect. This author is in my Top 3.

Last edited by Twi; 2011-12-13 at 01:02.
Old 2011-12-13, 03:26   Link #15323
Zakoo

As long as I can see more birdway with those thighs, I'm fine with everything.

I don't even need goldly power to know the M inside me is awakening.
Old 2011-12-13, 03:51   Link #15324
judasmartel
*Author

Come to think about it, I guess The Power Of Love working on Mikoto doesn't count as an epiphany.

From what I see, she gets more eager to help Touma as time goes on. Dere-dere Mikoto FTW!
Old 2011-12-13, 04:10   Link #15325
Eratas123

I'm just glad she stopped tossing lightning at him>_> That got annoying after a while.
Old 2011-12-13, 04:19   Link #15326
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Is anybody else worried that Birdway is going to become a Mary-sue?
Me, I hope that doesn't happen, but it would not be too surprising if it did. Kamachi himself stated that Birdway is his favorite character.
Old 2011-12-13, 04:23   Link #15327
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Birdway is just powerful. Remember that she belongs to one of the offshoot Magic Cabals from Aleister's Golden Dawn.

Now that I've mentioned Golden Dawn, I wonder if Kamachi would explore on thelemic magic in the coming issues.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-12-13, 04:23   Link #15328
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Me, I hope that doesn't happen, but it would not be too surprising if it did. Kamachi himself stated that Birdway is his favorite character.
Oh please, Touma's probably going to punch her face in if she tries to do anything If not, we've got an awakened Magician/Esper hybrid and a guy who can make a gun out of a fire extinguisher. I think we're safe.
Old 2011-12-13, 05:19   Link #15329
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Book come in by mail, finished reading......

Spoiler:
Old 2011-12-13, 06:08   Link #15330
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Birdway is just powerful. Remember that she belongs to one of the offshoot Magic Cabals from Aleister's Golden Dawn.
Yeah, but she's also only twelve.

Aleister had taken over sixty years to build up his power and influence, Laura has been playing this game for probably just as long.
Old 2011-12-13, 06:30   Link #15331
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:

Aleister had taken over sixty years to build up his power and influence, Laura has been playing this game for probably just as long.
Dude, it always takes long time to create something, which can be destroyed in an instant.
Old 2011-12-13, 07:00   Link #15332
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Dude, it always takes long time to create something, which can be destroyed in an instant.
I'm not talking about destroying Academy City, I'm talking about Birdway's resume' at age twelve.
Old 2011-12-13, 07:08   Link #15333
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:

I believe that age only does so much when it comes to gauging power, but you have a point that there are more old-timers who are experienced in the science-magic conflicts. For a twelve-year old though, she demonstrates a high level of intellect that might shock even the clergy of the Roman Catholic Church.

@shmaster
Welp, seeing your insights make me feel that there will be an even bigger conflict ahead.
And are Othinus and Marian the counterparts for Ollerus and Sylvia?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-12-13, 07:11   Link #15334
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I believe that age only does so much when it comes to gauging power, but you have a point that there are more old-timers who are experienced in the science-magic conflicts.
Magic powers is one thing, sure anybody can be born with greatness, but to also be the leader of a large (enough) secret organization as well as a masterful manipulator and sumo fighter whose only weakness are hot sauce and small breasts? Now that's haxx.
Old 2011-12-13, 07:35   Link #15335
ovum
...Is a lightning bolt

And panties with bunnies on.
sól valtiva.
-Surtr, fiery giant of Múspell
Old 2011-12-13, 08:18   Link #15336
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
O_O

I just discovered that Cinderella = Cendrillon.
How slow of me.
I don't understand......

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
You mean electric powers are not angelic at all? Yeah, right. Electricity is a product of science, I guess.

I think I got it now. For one, I haven't read any passage in the Bible that says God struck people with lightning. Rather, I read that He burnt people alive in the Old Testament.
AIM and Horus Science =/= Christianity

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-12-13 at 08:28.
Old 2011-12-13, 08:53   Link #15337
ovum
...Is a lightning bolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I don't understand......
Cendrillon is french for Cinderella.
sól valtiva.
-Surtr, fiery giant of Múspell
Old 2011-12-13, 09:13   Link #15338
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Oh please, Touma's probably going to punch her face in if she tries to do anything If not, we've got an awakened Magician/Esper hybrid and a guy who can make a gun out of a fire extinguisher. I think we're safe.
Unlike many other magicians, Birdway doesn't bothers to use a gun (he already did once), or better say, a Flintlock, add to that she also has the skill "Kick in the nuts" .

Quote:

Thats what makes her more frightening, she has the talent inherited from her ancestors and the planning they did for generations as leaders of the cabal.
Old 2011-12-13, 09:20   Link #15339
Eratas123

You guys think it's possible that Birdway didn't make all the plans herself? Maybe the former leader/s of the Cabal did and she's just following up on them/changing them/improving them?
Old 2011-12-13, 10:03   Link #15340
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
You guys think it's possible that Birdway didn't make all the plans herself? Maybe the former leader/s of the Cabal did and she's just following up on them/changing them/improving them?
She is treated like a genius strategist so I doubt that in the end she is following a plan that wasn't made by herself. Furthermore she is too proud, selfish and childish, thus I doubt that she is following someone's tune.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen