AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-08-21, 21:18   Link #1981
jpwong

Perhaps the system is restricted to creating OSS of one handed weapons only? While I don't recall any particular text stating any restriction as such there so far as we know, no naturally available dual blade sword skills in the game. They could have placed a restriction that you can only create OSS for single wielding simply because the number of people who can actually properly dual wield is probably in the single digits.
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 04:53   Link #1982
pyuk.pyuk
ba-ka!

okay, can i ask something which is not related in ur debate?

uhmm, can someone tell me how was the meeting of kirito and asuna in UW? i'm dying for asunaxkirito moments.. haha
«the world's unreasonable and unjust wherever you go, otherwise social stratification would not exist in the first place.. so why should i bother playing a SAINT if the world's very setup is already SHIT?, I live by my own rules!!» ~~mirai samejima
pyuk.pyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 05:24   Link #1983
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyuk.pyuk View Post

uhmm, can someone tell me how was the meeting of kirito and asuna in UW? i'm dying for asunaxkirito moments.. haha
What do you mean with "UW"?
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 05:32   Link #1984
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
What do you mean with "UW"?
Alicization Arc.
UW= UnderWorld

@pyuk.pyuk That stil has not happend in the LN version. You mean the Web Verison?
Old 2012-08-22, 09:33   Link #1985
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
Perhaps the system is restricted to creating OSS of one handed weapons only? While I don't recall any particular text stating any restriction as such there so far as we know, no naturally available dual blade sword skills in the game. They could have placed a restriction that you can only create OSS for single wielding simply because the number of people who can actually properly dual wield is probably in the single digits.
It's mentioned that Kirito has made some dual wield stuff with OSS, so no such restriction. It looks more like some restriction Kirito has placed on himself, due to some guilt over having got the bonus skill in the first place.

He will of couse have even more trouble after getting back from UW as having several hundred years of sword training would put him in the walking hax leage if he goes back to ALO.

Last edited by Znail; 2012-08-22 at 10:53.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 10:16   Link #1986
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
He will of couse have even more trouble after getting back from UW as having several hundred years of sword training would put him in the walking hax leage if he goes bacl to ALO.
It's also possible several hundred years of MMO game play would also get it out of the system of even the world's worst MMO addict.

Just saying ^^;;
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 10:54   Link #1987
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
It's also possible several hundred years of MMO game play would also get it out of the system of even the world's worst MMO addict.

Just saying ^^;;
Ah, but he is likely to want to say hello to his old friends he haven't seen in a long while at least.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 19:55   Link #1988
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyuk.pyuk View Post

There was a summary posted by a reader of the web novel somewhere in this or in the other LN spoiler thread, I don't really remember well but
Spoiler for possibly content of alicization web version:
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 20:49   Link #1989
jpwong

Quote:
It's mentioned that Kirito has made some dual wield stuff with OSS, so no such restriction. It looks more like some restriction Kirito has placed on himself, due to some guilt over having got the bonus skill in the first place.
From what I recall in the Caliber SS it outlines that he could replicate several dual wield swords skills from SAO with 99% accuracy without the system's help. But since they aren't using the system, they don't get the elemental damage that comes with OSS/regular sword skills and aren't "recorded" skills like OSS would be.

Since I think OSS is only mentioned in the Mother's Rosario volume, could you point me towards the chapter that it's mentioned he created dual wield OSS? I must have overlooked that portion somehow when I read it initially.
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 01:12   Link #1990
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

All patched up and ready to roll.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 01:57   Link #1991
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Thank you once again.
Looks like I woke up at the right time
Old 2012-08-23, 02:13   Link #1992
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:

He will of couse have even more trouble after getting back from UW as having several hundred years of sword training would put him in the walking hax leage if he goes back to ALO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
From what I recall in the Caliber SS it outlines that he could replicate several dual wield swords skills from SAO with 99% accuracy without the system's help. But since they aren't using the system, they don't get the elemental damage that comes with OSS/regular sword skills and aren't "recorded" skills like OSS would be.

Since I think OSS is only mentioned in the Mother's Rosario volume, could you point me towards the chapter that it's mentioned he created dual wield OSS? I must have overlooked that portion somehow when I read it initially.
What jpwong said. There's no dual wield OSS for Kirito, it's not supported by the ALO system (and I'm sure there isn't a LN citation that can prove Kirito has dual-wielding OSS). You can make OSS for a kind of sword (eg, rapier, one-handed, two-handed swords etc), but dual-wielding isn't supported by the system so that's out. If Kirito had system-assisted dual-wielding then he might be able to make some new dual-wielding OSS, but since there isn't...

And 'several hundred years of sword training'? What the hell? Time flows faster in UW, doesn't mean Kirito will be diving in there for a few hundred years >.> Vol10 have also mentioned a human mind on average can only hold about 150 years of memories safely (they haven't pushed it to the limits due to safety concerns).
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 02:32   Link #1993
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:

Initial thoughts...

Enoshima? Tsuratima much? Why not another fishing SS?

Also I'm immediately assigning suspicions to this Higa dude as the mystery antagonist from Volume. 9. He's way too close with the Fluctlight technology and as the 2nd protege of Kayaba after Sugou has the same chances of going crazy lawlz.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 02:49   Link #1994
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Vol10 have also mentioned a human mind on average can only hold about 150 years of memories safely (they haven't pushed it to the limits due to safety concerns).
Speaking of this, it's another one of pure nonsense/fantasy stuff of Kawahara that irks me. Besides, one doesn't measure memory capacity in terms lifespan years. Up to date, the limits of memory capacity has yet to be established (only educated guesses of what it could possibly exceed are available and as far as I can remember, it's way more than that assuming one continues to download information every second without 'losing' anything, though unfortunately, I can't find the source or paper now D: ), and additionally, memory capacity is definitely not measured in terms of neuron count.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 03:15   Link #1995
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Quote:
Sweet SAO and ping answered my Baka-test question . I still find it strange the first chapter is labeled chapter 2.
Old 2012-08-23, 03:42   Link #1996
pyuk.pyuk
ba-ka!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Alicization Arc.
UW= UnderWorld

@pyuk.pyuk That stil has not happend in the LN version. You mean the Web Verison?
yeah I mean the web version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
There was a summary posted by a reader of the web novel somewhere in this or in the other LN spoiler thread, I don't really remember well but
Spoiler for possibly content of alicization web version:
right, i had read that part, there just isnt much details in it.. and it isnt an easy task reading 100page forum.. hahaha.. thanks anyway..

Quote:
thanks for the update.. been waiting since ever.. )
«the world's unreasonable and unjust wherever you go, otherwise social stratification would not exist in the first place.. so why should i bother playing a SAINT if the world's very setup is already SHIT?, I live by my own rules!!» ~~mirai samejima
pyuk.pyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 06:05   Link #1997
Awrya
U mad?

Not is Ch.2 up, but Ch.3 part 1 as well.

Closest guess is Teh_Ping felt generous today, thank you again

Just wondered, if all citizens in UW are fluctlight copies from Japanese babies, how come Eugeo&Selka don't have black hair?
Old 2012-08-23, 07:27   Link #1998
Javiersansano

Quote:
"Thanks so much dude" says the SAO fan as he bows before the translator, touching the ground with his forhead with each bow
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 07:43   Link #1999
Lota

Quote:
Thank you soooooo much! This is good day lol Great chapter, btw. And Asuna is awesome!
Lota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 09:18   Link #2000
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Awesome sauce.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality