Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-09-22, 14:17   Link #81
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Alpha Max is releasing another figure of Cryska. It looks good so far.

Images
1/6 scale Cryska
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also, Duty Lost Arcadia and Integral Works are available in HLJ. It'd be wise to get them now before the shop runs out if you guys are interested.
She is perfect...all the figures for the TE series are amazing so far.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 07:01   Link #82
nexcal

How tall are the A3 figures compared to the Revoltech ones? I have a few Revoltech but I find them small so I was wondering if the A3 figures are worth collecting.
nexcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 07:13   Link #83
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexcal View Post
How tall are the A3 figures compared to the Revoltech ones? I have a few Revoltech but I find them small so I was wondering if the A3 figures are worth collecting.
If revoltech are 1/144, then A3 would be closer to 1/100 being about 16 to 17 cm high. The Koto kits are 18 to 20 cm high as well.

And Figma Yui!!!

http://wcloudxkumo.com/2012/09/24/fi...a-yui-preview/

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 15:22   Link #84
Nerroth
NePoi!

I like the inclusion of the alternate handle, that makes it look like she's just about to draw the rest of her katana from its sheath.
Old 2012-09-25, 03:10   Link #85
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
This fine product of Soviet Science is ready for preorder!

Old 2012-09-25, 05:43   Link #86
nexcal

Here's my Revoltech collection. I think I have all of the figures released, although I have seen pictures of a blue 00R floating around. Now that I know the A3 figures are bigger, I might have to add them to the list.

Old 2012-09-25, 15:58   Link #87
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Damn, that's a nice collection of revoltechs. They have better articulation than the A3, but their size is smaller than I thought.

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-09-25 at 16:52.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 20:51   Link #88
nexcal

They do have nice articulation but balancing them is a pain. Plus the accessories like jump packs etc are really hard to attach to some of them, especially the Takemikazuchi. They look really tiny compared to a Kotobukiya non-scale kit which is why I'm a little interested in the A3 line even though they have roughly 50 figures out so far and most of them are sold at insane prices.
Old 2012-09-29, 17:55   Link #89
DoomRavager

So, with the first BD volume of Total Eclipse out complete with insert songs, someone's done a quick run-through of what scenes were altered from the TV broadcast in the first two episodes.

http://archive.foolz.us/m/thread/8268157/#q8283381
http://archive.foolz.us/m/thread/8283905
DoomRavager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 21:16   Link #90
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Poor Izumi. I guess she couldn't stomach live BETA combat.

Maybe she could have survived Kyoto if she had more guts.

Spoiler:
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 21:29   Link #91
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
They do have nice articulation but balancing them is a pain. Plus the accessories like jump packs etc are really hard to attach to some of them, especially the Takemikazuchi. They look really tiny compared to a Kotobukiya non-scale kit which is why I'm a little interested in the A3 line even though they have roughly 50 figures out so far and most of them are sold at insane prices.
Yeah, they are expensive. Heck, Yui's Takemi is being sold around 30000 yen, and people still buy it anyway. Second place goes to the Type-04 Imperial colors. Actually, the A3 also have balancing issues like the Typhoon, and the mount pylons may be a bit loose so the weapon attachment may fall at any time. The weapons in A3 are all molded with the hands so you can't really take it off and use the accessories to the other figures. If you can build models, I suggest you go for the kits instead unless the TSF that you like is only available in Volks' product line. Just a bit of a heads up so you'd know what to expect from the A3 figures.

*EDIT*

Holy shi-!!! Is that the F-22A at the top? That's another exclusive figure in Japan. Wow... I want a raptor too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomRavager View Post
So, with the first BD volume of Total Eclipse out complete with insert songs, someone's done a quick run-through of what scenes were altered from the TV broadcast in the first two episodes.

http://archive.foolz.us/m/thread/8268157/#q8283381
http://archive.foolz.us/m/thread/8283905
I watched them a while ago. There were just a few touch ups from the tv version which is disappointing, but at least we got to see the final scenes of episode 2 in uncensored form. Plus, the first volume came with the insert songs so it was worth the purchase.

Well, here's something that arrived recently. Ufufufu.

Images
Yuzu-chan~

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-09-29 at 22:11.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 22:20   Link #92
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Yeah, they are expensive. Heck, Yui's Takemi is being sold around 30000 yen, and people still buy it anyway. Second place goes to the Type-04 Imperial colors. Actually, the A3 also have balancing issues like the Typhoon, and the mount pylons may be a bit loose so the weapon attachment may fall at any time. The weapons in A3 are all molded with the hands so you can't really take it off and use the accessories to the other figures. If you can build models, I suggest you go for the kits instead unless the TSF that you like is only available in Volks' product line. Just a bit of a heads up so you'd know what to expect from the A3 figures.

*EDIT*

Holy shi-!!! Is that the F-22A at the top? That's another exclusive figure in Japan. Wow... I want a raptor too....

I watched them a while ago. There were just a few touch ups from the tv version which is disappointing, but at least we got to see the final scenes of episode 2 in uncensored form. Plus, the first volume came with the insert songs so it was worth the purchase.

Images
Yuzu-chan~

Ha ha nice. Dakimura? Enjoy sleeping with Yuzuka-chan tonight. Ufufufu indeed.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-09-29, 23:34   Link #93
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Silvance... I worry about you mate.

Totes jelly.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 00:16   Link #94
nexcal

Quote:

*EDIT*

Images
Yuzu-chan~
Both the F22A and the SU-37M2 are web exclusives, but not as expensive or hard to get as the event exclusive type-00a/f. The Revoltechs have the same problem with weapons/accessories falling off. Sometimes I wake up at night coz something fell off and there are times when I can't figure out what did.

I have some of the kits as well but it seems like Kotobukiya is more interested in milking the same mold. I hope they don't stop making the non-scale kits coz the 1/144 are way too small!

Last edited by nexcal; 2012-09-30 at 00:52.
Old 2012-09-30, 01:56   Link #95
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Both the F22A and the SU-37M2 are web exclusives, but not as expensive or hard to get as the event exclusive type-00a/f. The Revoltechs have the same problem with weapons/accessories falling off. Sometimes I wake up at night coz something fell off and there are times when I can't figure out what did.

I have some of the kits as well but it seems like Kotobukiya is more interested in milking the same mold. I hope they don't stop making the non-scale kits coz the 1/144 are way too small!
The damn 1/144 are like the AG series of gundam kits. Little or no articulation:
http://archive.foolz.us/m/thread/8262824/#q8275693

Old 2012-09-30, 10:11   Link #96
nexcal

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
The damn 1/144 are like the AG series of gundam kits. Little or no articulation:
http://archive.foolz.us/m/thread/8262824/#q8275693
Which is why the A3 figures intrigue me and the fact that they have more than 50 variants out sounds challenging to collect and display.

Would you happen to have a revoltech and a3 figure side-by-side comparison? I kinda understood your explanation earlier but nothing beats visual aid.
Old 2012-09-30, 11:01   Link #97
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

I've been dreaming of getting some TSF figures, but alas, that limited choice...

I was thinking about getting Revoltech's EMD-2 Raptor while they're still in stock at HLJ. Ultimately, I want to get A3's Su-47 Berkut, which is one of the most badass figures I've ever seen.

...Unfortunately, it's also one of the most expensive.

Curse you, Volks!
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 11:10   Link #98
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Well, since a google turns up nothing, here you go, also with some stuff I have... cant display all, no space...

Images

Old 2012-09-30, 11:20   Link #99
nexcal

Thanks for the pictures. The A3 figure looks more epic compared to the Revoltech and much more detailed.
Old 2012-09-30, 11:22   Link #100
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Thanks for the pictures. The A3 figure looks more epic compared to the Revoltech and much more detailed.
I must say though, that after taking it out to pose, the A3 is an absolute bitch to pose standing... the A3 joints are worse than the Revoltech ones. Probably should change them all to Koto joints someday...
Havent taken my newer A3 figures out to pose yet though, might have improvements.