AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Mai Otome OVA 3 Rating
Perfect 10 9 13.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 12.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 24.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 31.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 10.61%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.52%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 4.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.52%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-26, 20:22   Link #41
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
i have mixed feeling about this OVA3...
The only thing which getting my interest was only the last 5 minutes...
And
Spoiler:

Anyway, it's good to see Nina again...
Lol, Rancaskans!

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2007-05-27, 21:52   Link #42
X207
Gamyūsa

im not asking for a sub but want to know when it might be subbed, then i could try to find it by myself. is zwei still unliscensed?
Old 2007-05-27, 23:28   Link #43
Same_Shark

As far as I know, it hasn't been licensed. I have a feeling that FictionJunction YUUKA(Yuuka Nanri & Yuki Kajiura) may be doing OVA 4's theme song. Who knows, Yuuka and Saeko may even reform Tiaraway for it.
Old 2007-05-28, 05:12   Link #44
RukaMich
Nemu-nemu

Send a message via AIM to RukaMich Send a message via MSN to RukaMich
QC lead for Static worked over the weekend, so it'll be a day or two at least before their version of OVA 3 is out.
Old 2007-05-29, 04:04   Link #45
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
im not asking for a sub but want to know when it might be subbed
That's so incredibly rude to ask.

Anyway, we're working on it, but we're a bit hung up since our main translator and timer are on vacation in Taiwan. Our reserves are either unwilling to help and/or playing Touhou 10. I'm the only one who seems to care about this series anymore. Since I've been essentially the de-facto team leader, I've had to do a bit of recruiting. Long story short, Static will probably beat us to the release this time around.

THERE, HAPPY?!?!?
Old 2007-05-29, 06:10   Link #46
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post
That's so incredibly rude to ask.

Anyway, we're working on it, but we're a bit hung up since our main translator and timer are on vacation in Taiwan. Our reserves are either unwilling to help and/or playing Touhou 10. I'm the only one who seems to care about this series anymore. Since I've been essentially the de-facto team leader, I've had to do a bit of recruiting. Long story short, Static will probably beat us to the release this time around.

THERE, HAPPY?!?!?
im just enquiring on a ball park figure, hell i can wait 5 weeks for a sub and it wont bother me. i understand that subbing isnt your top priority, so sorry if it sounded like i was pushing you to make you try to sub the ep asap. hope your main translator enjoys the vacation, i hav no problem with the descision of your reserve emebers.
Old 2007-05-29, 07:03   Link #47
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
im just enquiring on a ball park figure, hell i can wait 5 weeks for a sub and it wont bother me. i understand that subbing isnt your top priority, so sorry if it sounded like i was pushing you to make you try to sub the ep asap. hope your main translator enjoys the vacation, i hav no problem with the descision of your reserve emebers.
Just a tip; Do not, under any circumstances, ask when a fansub will be released.

NEVER do this. It doesn't matter how polite you might be, this is a taboo subject. Entire series had been known to be dropped as a consequence.

This applies for all fansub groups, in all internet forums and irc. No exceptions.

"It will be out when it is out" is the standard response for your questions, but things can get ugly if you ever ask.

So yeah, just be glad Starks didn't throw a fit and abandon the project all together.

Thus ends the community announcement.
Old 2007-05-29, 07:18   Link #48
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Just a tip; Do not, under any circumstances, ask when a fansub will be released.

NEVER do this. It doesn't matter how polite you might be, this is a taboo subject. Entire series had been known to be dropped as a consequence.

This applies for all fansub groups, in all internet forums and irc. No exceptions.

"It will be out when it is out" is the standard response for your questions, but things can get ugly if you ever ask.

So yeah, just be glad Starks didn't throw a fit and abandon the project all together.

Thus ends the community announcement.

very well, i shall then wait patiently for the sub. sry for that starks
Old 2007-05-29, 21:32   Link #49
Mermer

Send a message via AIM to Mermer Send a message via MSN to Mermer
Honestly, the longer they take, usually the better the quality. I would rather wait and get an awesome sub that I can totally understand than a half assed, low quality one (I'm not saying either group has ever given us something like this, just making a general statement.)

We should consider ourselves lucky they take the time to sub it for us, since it's not an easy task. And it really irks me when people hammer a group about a series so much that the group drops the project altogether (i.e. Mermaid Melody T-T ).

I watched the raw, and I really wish I could understand the convo between Nao and Nina. The progression of this episode left me a little disappointed, and we won't even go into the bewbie-fest that should have been left for an omake. The only salvage I could see fit would be a final OVA that was at least an hour long instead of just a half hour (much like they combined the last two episodes of the regular Otome series). But this IS Sunrise we're talking about, so I'm setting my expectations low. At least that way if they manage to make it work, I'll be pleasantly suprised. If not, I'll have seen it coming.
Old 2007-06-01, 15:16   Link #50
clsnwbrdr616

Ok, I'm probably going to regret saying this considering what people in this forum have been saying, but I honestly didn't mind the fanservice (that's one of the things I like about Otome)... PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!

But I do have to agree that the plot has been kind of thinned out in these episodes and am expecting the last episode to feel rushed. I honestly don't like that, cause I like an ending to by good and memorable instead of feeling like they tried to pack an hour or two of story into a half an hour. So even though I kind of like the fanservice, for how short this OVA series is (an how long between releases), the fanservice probably should have been moved to the extras.

However, if this is indeed a precursor to another HiME project, then I will most likely not mind.

Guess we will have to wait and see (and hope )

Last edited by clsnwbrdr616; 2007-06-01 at 16:55.
Old 2007-06-01, 23:10   Link #51
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Whoa, they certainly pushed the line with the fanservice there. Nipples are a first to the Mai franchise IIRC, right?

And I agree with the comment of some random poster that said that the rushed ending may also serve as a further bridge to mix up the storylines of HiME 2 and Otome (which they certainly need to do, they've been hinting it all over the place).

PS: Mai Hime Destiny? That sounds like a really bad joke.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-06-02, 07:28   Link #52
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
........ *think it's the Kamen rider Kabuto-like plot* PS:- Nagi is one of the most hated character in MAI franchise. Same as mai-HiME. You know, this guy gets me the creeps during the end of OVA2.
Old 2007-06-02, 07:39   Link #53
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

OMG BOOBS!

I don't disagree with ankoku on most points. The thing about these OVAs is that one can't have great expectations for them, particularly considering the fact that they only have 4 OVA in which to develop a story. But the intention was obvious from the beginning and the priorities of this series was always going to be fanboy-pandering: they give us some kick-ass action and a bit of fanservice, while the plot and atmosphere flounder. And I can't say they haven't delivered on these aspects.

Although, with that said, there were some things to like about this ep, particularly the way it referenced some of the better moments on Otome. But I can't think of many good things to say about the plot. Only one OVA to go and we still don't have a great idea just who or what they're fighting against, let alone any of the motivations driving these antagonists. I see the last OVA being terribly rushed, and with a huge potential for an inane deus ex machina resolution.

Oh well, I wasn't expecting much more than mindless fun from these OVA, and I'd say they're delivering on that.
Old 2007-06-02, 08:09   Link #54
mdauben

Well, I watched OVA 3 last night, and I have mixed feelings about it.

I approached this episode with some misgivings about the "bath room" scene we had seen in the trailers for this episode. I thought it was going to end up being a totally pointless episode, but it actually wasn't bad in that respect. The fan service was kind of funny, and at least not overdone, and there was some interesting plot developments with Nao and Nina (including a cool Nao trasformation and some cool Nao fighting), and at least we got to see what happened to Mai, Mashiro, and the Black Valley.

On the down side, I like Arika but after a strong showing in ep 1, she just seems to be wandering through the last two episodes, while people do funny things around her. I find that aspect of the series very dissapointing. I would have liked to see a little more focus on Arika and Mashiro's emotions, and to see Arika at least try to do something, rather than standing around mopping until the last 10 minutes of the final episode at which point she will power up and save the day (which is what I expect to happen at this point).

Also, although this episode was a little more focused on actually advancing the plot than the last episode, I just don' t see how at this point they can actually finish developing and resolving the plot all one one more 30 minute episode without it being horribly rushed. While I think this story could have been told in 4 episodes if they had been a bit more focused, at the pace they are going it probably should have been at least 5-6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
But the intention was obvious from the beginning and the priorities of this series was always going to be fanboy-pandering: they give us some kick-ass action and a bit of fanservice, while the plot and atmosphere flounder.
Yeah, I'm afraid you are right. It's just a shame as I think they could have "pandered to the fan-boys" and still given us a worthwhile story at the same time. I guess the producers are just the type that can't walk and chew gum at the same time!
Old 2007-06-02, 15:42   Link #55
katsumi
ghostly member

After reading through this thread I kinda knew what expected me, when I finally watched OVA 3 today.

It was an entertaining episode, although I didn't revel in the fan-service. Honestly, I would have preferred more plot and less fan-service.

The scenes between Nao and Nina were interesting. I especially liked the piece of music playing throughout their conversation about "otou-san". And all those little things that stemmed from Hime brought some memories back.

I agree with others, I can't see how the plot is going to wrap up nicely in episode 4 - too much time wasted on fan-service. But then, it's an OVA, so fanservice is a given and maybe expectations shouldn't be that high plot-wise...

Btw, that egg-like thing, seemed to ressemble kagutsuchi? Either they're not done with teasing poor fans or they really try hard to bridge Hime and Otome. If so, I'm curious how to do it, me, I gave up this thought loooong ago.
Old 2007-06-02, 17:11   Link #56
Shiori-chan

kinda funny ova (especially the hottub scene ^^) well cant wait for the last one becuz it can actually clear things up why this things happen
Old 2007-06-02, 18:20   Link #57
Codine

pretty good episodes, still has a lot of unanswered questions, but i knew that was coming :P
Old 2007-06-02, 19:02   Link #58
X207
Gamyūsa

im in the process of downloading the sub, saw it last night up on the web. that waiting paid off i guess
Old 2007-06-02, 20:51   Link #59
DeepEyes
~ErixHarima~

I love the thidr OVA *0*... and the connection between Mai-Hime / Mai-Otome XD...

~DE
Old 2007-06-02, 20:54   Link #60
X207
Gamyūsa

just finished watching ep 3,
Spoiler:
looks like a good ep and that ep4 will be pretty good too

Last edited by X207; 2007-06-02 at 23:28. Reason: put item in spoiler tag
Closed Thread