AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-02-26, 02:36   Link #1181
Blazer-X

When did Bruce Wayne started piloting Mobile Suits?
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 02:10   Link #1182
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Guys, we apparently missed one.

Meet the Golden Gurdolin Perfect: http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Ovm-pp_...rdolin_Perfect

Basically a revised version of the Gurdolin.
Old 2013-02-28, 04:28   Link #1183
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Guys, we apparently missed one.

Meet the Golden Gurdolin Perfect: http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Ovm-pp_...rdolin_Perfect

Basically a revised version of the Gurdolin.
Now I really have to ask, is "gold-coating = beam-resistant" a common knowledge? First, we got Akatsuki Gundam with anti-beam gold-coating, now Gurdolin Perfect also has the same feature?
Old 2013-02-28, 09:05   Link #1184
kakakka

Hyaku Shiki, IIRC, has gold-plating which is beam resistant to an extent. Alvatore/Alvaaron's technical excuse for having gold coating is also because it's beam resistant to an extent, but not that effective to be considered for combat use.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 11:03   Link #1185
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Hyaku Shiki, IIRC, has gold-plating which is beam resistant to an extent. Alvatore/Alvaaron's technical excuse for having gold coating is also because it's beam resistant to an extent, but not that effective to be considered for combat use.
IIRC Hyaku Shiki's gold-plating's beam resistant is quite low. So low that I forgot about it . It certainly can't hold a candle compared to Akatsuki's plating.

Btw, my question was: is "gold-plating = beam-resistant" somehow based on real science? Or is it just an asspull (scientifically speaking) like Phase Shift Armor?
Old 2013-02-28, 11:10   Link #1186
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I imagine beam resistant coating being gold is just keeping up the tradition from Zeta Gundam and the Hyaku Shiki. IIRC, Akatsuki's beam resistance wasn't because it was gold colors, but because it was made up of millions of tiny mirrors of some sort for its coating.

Also this is probably the first time I've heard of Alvatore and Alvaaron being beam-resistant coating-covered. All I've heard on it being gold is because Alejandro Corner was just that tacky.
Old 2013-02-28, 11:24   Link #1187
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

^ Yeah, but it did resist Exia/GN Arms beams to some degree. If it was the plating or the thickness of the armor though, that is the real question
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 11:45   Link #1188
kakakka

Quote:
Also this is probably the first time I've heard of Alvatore and Alvaaron being beam-resistant coating-covered. All I've heard on it being gold is because Alejandro Corner was just that tacky.
It's in 00N. It was mentioned by Innovade Telicyra Herfi (his report to Veda) and it might have worked in some way. At the same time, it also said that the main reason was the coating was just Alejandro Corner's taste.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 11:26   Link #1189
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer-X View Post
When did Bruce Wayne started piloting Mobile Suits?
ever heard of another Sunrise mecha show, the Big-O?
to me the Rouge Bat must've been inspired by the Gundam Deathscynte Hell, along with its custom version & other variants
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 03:57   Link #1190
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
I imagine beam resistant coating being gold is just keeping up the tradition from Zeta Gundam and the Hyaku Shiki. IIRC, Akatsuki's beam resistance wasn't because it was gold colors, but because it was made up of millions of tiny mirrors of some sort for its coating.

Some of the other beam coatings in 00 can be different colors as well such as the Custom Flag's beam coating being the reason why it's black. I think Ali's Carbon Blade has some beam costing too that was not orange.
Old 2013-03-12, 19:39   Link #1191
gordol
Banned

gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 21:03   Link #1192
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Awesome! All the video game wears are getting traditional lineart. Woot!
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 10:29   Link #1193
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
the total numbers of all of those wears surpassed Strike Gundam & Impulse Gundam's packs systems combined!!, heck makes me wish all of them appeared in the show, not just the in the games..... which can effect the number of the show's episodes in the process of trying to MAKE ALL OF THEM FIT within a short number of them.....

unless they try to give nearly all the characters their own respective Age Gundams with each came with their own respective wears set

so AGE somehow managed to break the record of having a Gundam with TOO MANY forms after SEED?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 06:01   Link #1194
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Love the Wear System. It's like Rockman X's armors.
Old 2013-03-14, 08:41   Link #1195
galdr

I am not too fond of Wear System. Most of the times, the Wear's colors and shapes doesn't match with the Gundam torso.

I think optional swappable equipments like Banshee and 00 Gundams have are better.
galdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 18:19   Link #1196
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

That has more to do with subjective design choices by the AGE System than the actual Wear System; which is just the system that facilitates the usage of different physical limb parts on the frame. If they (In-universe: AGE System, Out-universe: Ebikawa) wanted too, they could have easily made all of them match the torso. Ebikawa does it for practical marketing purposes while the AGE System.........well, the AGE System is nuts.

Of course, if they thought about using realistic colors to be all military-like, they probably wouldn't have gone for the red white blue thing in the first place...........

Personally, I actually think the colors match well (which for me just means they have chemistry rather than being the same) most of the time for a system that likes to give out different limb colors, which kinda surprised me. I would extend this even to the game wears as well. Though, I would note about the "most of the time part".

That being said and done, I am of the opinion that the Adele doesn't do this as well with some of its wear parts.
Old 2013-03-14, 18:41   Link #1197
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'd really wish they'd do full linearts. Not this half-and-half crap, with some of the limbs still drawn as the AGE Normal parts. We already know what those look like, Sunrise/Level 5!
Old 2013-03-22, 13:09   Link #1198
gordol
Banned

gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 14:46   Link #1199
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Holy fuck.....those two designs are absolutely fantastic. That's the Gundam from the oil painting! I never thought we would get a lineart of it.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 15:32   Link #1200
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

"The Gundam" looks like a fusion between AGE-1 and Nadleeh .