AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-10-31, 10:50   Link #41
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Watch Seiken no Blacksmith, and imagine that Cecily wears a titanium plate with ceramic inserts, with gelatin padding.

Well not another KOTOR style gameplay! Honestly I was hoping for something like Risen's gameplay with a NWN storyline.

From what I know, there are 3 standard classes : Warrior, Rogue and Mage, like D1. Then it splits into subclasses, much like NWN. However, the ranger skills are pretty retarded, with only bonus summoning skills. They should have added bow skills too rather than being able to summon a tank.
Rogues can already learn bow talents.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 11:04   Link #42
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Rogues can already learn bow talents.
I know that, but it seems that there is no AOE bow talent other than scatter shot. I was hoping for Arrow Rain or something.

I wonder if criticals will stack with it, like each scattered arrow can have a chance to do crits. It would be perfect for a clusterf**k oriented ranger like me (lure them into tight corners than kill them with a few shots).

Looking carefully at the skill trees, there may be people making weird classes like duelist archers, focusing more on crits and hit-&-runs using Upset Balance.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 16:27   Link #43
caddyalan

I've been an RPG fanboy for years. But most of the games I've liked recently have been cute, happy, and borderline shoujo manga-esque. So... do you think I might enjoy DO:A? Would it justify purchasing a PS360?
caddyalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 17:13   Link #44
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

If you have a PC that can play the game just stick with that. It's a lot cheeper then getting a new console.
Old 2009-11-01, 17:25   Link #45
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I've said it before and I'll say it again, one game never justifies a console. If you don't have at least one or two other games in mind you might play on the console as well, don't bother buying it.

For example, I bought a 360 to play Mass Effect, but I already had The Force Unleashed and Lost Odyssey in the back of my head to buy for it as well. I bought a PS3 for Valkyria Chronicles, but bought it to play FFXIII as well.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 17:30   Link #46
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
If you have a PC that can play the game just stick with that. It's a lot cheeper then getting a new console.
a PC can go from 600+ EASY getting a console is much cheaper :P but a PC can be upgraded a lot. console only gets system updates.

yea a single game doesnt justifie a Console.

if ur PC can handle the game, get it for PC.. no questions its always better. SPECIALY FPS
Old 2009-11-01, 17:36   Link #47
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

While I agree with FPS (though as I've discovered with my friends, that's just a matter of preference) Outside of FPS and RTS games, I prefer to play games on a console. At least with consoles I have a guarantee the game will actually work if I put in the disc.

Hence why I'll be buying this game for my PS3.
Old 2009-11-01, 17:37   Link #48
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

That and I'm sure there will be mods and extra fan content and stuff you wouldn't be able to get on xbox easily (withou xbox live, which costs $$$).
Old 2009-11-01, 17:44   Link #49
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

the great thing about having all consoles and a aweosme PC ^^ i can get it for w.e one its best for.
Old 2009-11-03, 06:57   Link #50
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Reviews of Dragon Age are beginning to pour in.

Gamespot: 9.5
  • PC gets the highest scores.
  • Zooming out to strategic mode is only available for the PC.
  • Skill selection on consoles works similar to Mass Effect.
  • PC battles are harder than console battles.
  • The 360 version most dissapointing in terms of graphics.
  • Aside from better graphics than it's 360 counterpart, the PS3 also has shorter load times.
Old 2009-11-03, 07:16   Link #51
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

• Aside from better graphics than it's 360 counterpart, the PS3 also has shorter load times.
Mass Effect skill selection sounds great. I always liked the layout for ME, it gives a rather tactical yet realistic view to fight. Clearing a room has never been easier when you can let someone draw fire, someone else flank, then you pick out the dense ones with your sniper rifle.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-11-03, 08:07   Link #52
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

man, i would have had it last night but nooooooooo not enough preorders, I was shocked really. Guess too many WoW Fags here in florida where I live (no offence)
Old 2009-11-03, 10:12   Link #53
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Mass Effect skill selection sounds great. I always liked the layout for ME, it gives a rather tactical yet realistic view to fight. Clearing a room has never been easier when you can let someone draw fire, someone else flank, then you pick out the dense ones with your sniper rifle.
From the looks of things, they even have a quick select menu on the lower right where you can use the right pad to quickly select up to three skills to use in battle.

On the flipside of the reviews, my local PC gaming magazine (reviewing, of course, the PC version) was less than ecstatic about the battle system. They didn't like how they felt the need to pauze to get the best out of the battle, and didn't like the 'spells per day' being exchanged for a mana system. In short: They expected the Baldur's Gate combat system, and were disappointed that it seems to be a mix between the Baldur's Gate, KotoR and Mass Effect systems.
Old 2009-11-03, 10:33   Link #54
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
From the looks of things, they even have a quick select menu on the lower right where you can use the right pad to quickly select up to three skills to use in battle.

On the flipside of the reviews, my local PC gaming magazine (reviewing, of course, the PC version) was less than ecstatic about the battle system. They didn't like how they felt the need to pauze to get the best out of the battle, and didn't like the 'spells per day' being exchanged for a mana system. In short: They expected the Baldur's Gate combat system, and were disappointed that it seems to be a mix between the Baldur's Gate, KotoR and Mass Effect systems.
I never read game reviews. I think that games are products, and there is always a target market. If one doesn't like it, he/she shouldn't play it or buy it in the first place, thus it is important to research before buying any game, or anything else for that matter.

First of all, "spells per day" aren't horribly fun to play with when you are in a bad mood. It limits the strategies you need to use when you are up against a really tough boss using a mage class character and prefer to go into action rather than rest periodically. After all, the idea of being a mage is to just throw all sorts of spells and kill in the shortest time possible, right? If I want strategy I would go for a ranger class, striking fast and at the places the enemies least expect.

I detested KoToR's combat system for a reason : it is hard to stack hit-and-runs, or attack from certain positions. It is a pity it turned out like this.

Well, I guess I will have to wait until the game comes out in my area before putting in anymore remarks.

Old 2009-11-03, 13:19   Link #55
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:

WTH is that ? The game is more easier on Console than PC ? And why we can't zoom on Console Whyyyyyy

Anyway I need this game now
Old 2009-11-03, 13:41   Link #56
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

You can't zoom out on Console probably because of hardware limitiations, I'd imagine.

In any case, installed the game and redeemed and download all my bonus items (I think like 10 in total? ), but I for the life of me can't find where the heck to buy and download the Warden's Keep DLC. They've touted it as a day 1 DLC, but it ain't so day 1 if I can't find it lol.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 14:09   Link #57
Statonxyb
hrm

My 360 CE is arriving today, so I'll provide my input after taking it for a spin.

I was sort of shocked myself to see the PS3 version pull out on top considering BioWare/EA's past focus (a lack thereof) on Sony consoles. However, the load time issue is solved by installing on the hard drive which leaves the graphical "disparity" (if you can even call it that) as the only difference.

Anywho, so long as my 360 doesn't RRoD, I'll provide some feedback in a while.
Old 2009-11-03, 15:09   Link #58
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
You can't zoom out on Console probably because of hardware limitiations, I'd imagine.
More likely control limitations. The consoles don't have a mouse and keyboard after all, so putting in the zoomed mode when the control scheme for the console isn't designed for it would only make the system feel awkward and out of place. Regardless of how little we users would care about it, the magazines would rip into it as being a lazy port, which would in turn affect the score.

As for the consoles being easier than the PC... I suppose that can be either because the hardcore Baldur's Gate crowd is on the PC, while the more casual crowd favors the consoles. Or it could be because the battles might be more chaotic to manage on the consoles.
Old 2009-11-03, 19:43   Link #59
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I don' ussually get angry or furious but I had to when I checked the forums to see what people are thinking about the game. And all I saw are terrible discussions how graphics could be better. Seriously, with better-looking games coming people are only bitching about that. Glad that there is still gamers out there who appreciate good gameplay, story, battle system and presentation rather then how it looks.
Old 2009-11-03, 21:52   Link #60
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
I don' ussually get angry or furious but I had to when I checked the forums to see what people are thinking about the game. And all I saw are terrible discussions how graphics could be better. Seriously, with better-looking games coming people are only bitching about that. Glad that there is still gamers out there who appreciate good gameplay, story, battle system and presentation rather then how it looks.
Yeah, I get the feeling...always wonder how graphic-whores can even enjoy games when all they care about is how it looks.

But luckily there's plenty of gamers like us who, like you said, can appreciate the other things more in a game. Graphics is the least important factor for me.

Anyway, I've only played for 30 minutes but it's a great game so far. Started out as a Human Warrior, since I wanted to start out with that awesome War Dog right away. (that, and I like Human better then Dwarves/Elves in this game) Also, I promised myself not to pause during battle because it seemed very annoying when I saw people do it on youtube. So far, I havent been able to keep myself to that promise. It's bothersome but it's more convenient than selecting mobs during the fight. ;<
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioware, ps3, rpg, windows, xbox360