Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-03, 14:33   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

One Piece splash page miniseries discussion thread

The purpose of this thread is to discuss the ministories shown on the manga chapter splash pages of One Piece. While the splash pages did start with the first volume of One Piece it wasn't really until Chapter 35 in Volume 4 that a "miniseries" started to emerge.

Feel free to use this thread to also discuss the SBS Question Corner pages (Shitsumon o Boshuu Suru, first appeared at the end of Chapter 27) along with other non-main story related pages found in the manga.

The Buggy's Crew Adventure miniseries
Chapter 35Vol 4No title but assumed to be the start of the Buggy's Crew Adventure
Chapter 36Vol 5Buggy's Crew: After the Battle! Part 2: "Mohji and Cabaji"
Chapter 37Vol 5Buggy's Crew: After the Battle! Part 3: "Buggy's Adventure"
Chapter 39Vol 5Buggy's Crew: After the Battle! Part 4: "Buggy and the Giant Bird"
Chapter 40Vol 5Buggy's Crew: After the Battle! Part 5: "A Game of Wits"
Chapter 42Vol 5Buggy's Crew: After the Battle! Part 6: "A Trip Through the Sky"
Chapter 43Vol 5Buggy's Crew: After the Battle! Part 7: "The Island of Random Rare Animals"
Chapter 46Vol 6Buggy's Crew: After the Battle! Part 8: "Decisive Dual in the Forest"
Chapter 47Vol 6Buggy's Crew: After the Battle! Part 9: "You're a Strange Creature, Too"
Chapter 48Vol 6Buggy's Crew: After the Battle! Part 10: "Farewell to Friends"
Chapter 50Vol 6Buggy's Crew: After the Battle! Part 11: "A New Friend"
Chapter 51Vol 6Buggy's Crew: After the Battle! Part 12: "A Woman of Mystery"
Chapter 53Vol 6Buggy's Crew: After the Battle! Part 13: "Wanted"
Chapter 54Vol 7Buggy's Crew: After the Battle! Part 14: "Pirate Alliance"
Chapter 55Vol 7Buggy's Crew: After the Battle! Part 15: "Oh Captain, You're in our Hearts"
Chapter 57Vol 7Buggy's Crew: After the Battle! Part 16: "Duel to Decide the Next Captain"
Chapter 58Vol 7Buggy's Crew: After the Battle! Part 17: "Intense 12-Hour Battle"
Chapter 59Vol 7Buggy's Crew: After the Battle! Part 18: "Rampage!! Sleepwalking Ritchie"
Chapter 60Vol 7Buggy's Crew: After the Battle! Part 19: "Complete!! Ritchie's Pirate Crew"
Chapter 62Vol 7Adventures of Ritchie's Pirate Crew! Part 1: "The Indigenous Kumate Tribe"
Chapter 63Vol 8The Last Adventure of Ritchie's Pirate Crew: "The Fall of Ritchie's Pirates"
Chapter 65Vol 8Buggy's Crew: After the Battle! Part 20: "Discovery! Our Pirate Ship"
Chapter 66Vol 8Buggy's Crew: After the Battle! Part 21: "An Unhappy Reunion"
Chapter 67Vol 8Buggy's Crew: After the Battle! Part 22: "Ritchie Au Vin" (Ritchie's Pirate Crew, Stewed in Red Wine)
Chapter 68Vol 8Buggy's Crew: After the Battle! Part 23: "Suspicious Parts"
Chapter 71Vol 8Buggy's Crew: After the Battle! Part 24: "Body Parts Run Amuck"
Chapter 72Vol 9Buggy's Crew: After the Battle! Part 25: "Mysterious Figures in the East"
Chapter 73Vol 9Buggy's Crew: After the Battle! Part 26: "Sorry to Keep You Waiting"
Chapter 74Vol 9Buggy's Crew: After the Battle! Part 27: "Parade!!"
Chapter 75Vol 9Buggy's Crew: After the Battle! The Final Episode : "Oh, Captain, My Captain"
Old 2009-03-03, 15:14   Link #2
marvelB

Ah nice, the ministory thread. Once again I offer you my gratitude, xris.

Of course, I'm chiefly looking forward to a Foxy ministory. My original idea for it involved his crew meeting up with Buggy's and they would have a Davy Back Fight (which would result in a tie and both crews agreeing to work together to take out Luffy), but recent events in the manga pretty much eliminated the chances of that happening. I don't really know what to expect from a Foxy ministory now, aside from the inevitable wacky hijinks that I'm sure those guys will be involved in, but I still expect it to be entertaining!

Another possibility is, of course, the rest of the Straw-Hat crew. But I don't really want to talk much about that until I see how the anime handles that certain "event" in the near future.....

Also, I think that I'd like to see a future ministory that focuses on those three gals from Amazon Lily: Margaret, Sweetpea and Aphelandra. It could involve them deciding to travel to the outside world (whether as a part of the Kuja pirate crew or not), and they'd have all sorts of wacky adventures as they learn more about men and whatnot. As to exactly how much of an impact it would have on the main story I don't know (especially since the chances of any of them joining Luffy are pretty low at this point), but I still think it would be an amusing ministory nonetheless. Maybe elder Nyon could even accompany them as a type of chaperone!

Oh, and it would also be rather nice to see some sort of update on some of the East Blue villains (namely Morgan and Krieg's crew). I'll see what else I can think of in my next post....
Old 2009-03-03, 15:19   Link #3
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also, I think that I'd like to see a future ministory that focuses on those three gals from Amazon Lily: Margaret, Sweetpea and Aphelandra. It could involve them deciding to travel to the outside world (whether as a part of the Kuja pirate crew or not), and they'd have all sorts of wacky adventures as they learn more about men and whatnot. As to exactly how much of an impact it would have on the main story I don't know (especially since the chances of any of them joining Luffy are pretty low at this point), but I still think it would be an amusing ministory nonetheless. Maybe elder Nyon could even accompany them as a type of chaperone!
this is one I wanted to see, I thought something on Margaret and Co. would be hilarious, you all know the shenanigans they could get up to would be epic
Old 2009-03-03, 15:40   Link #4
Smokin' D. Ace
Boatswain

Quote:
Oh, and it would also be rather nice to see some sort of update on some of the East Blue villains (namely Morgan and Krieg's crew). I'll see what else I can think of in my next post....
I'm quite curious myself how the fellows from East Blue are doing, mainly Gin and Krieg, seeing as Gin made a promise (if I recall right, correct me if I'm wrong) to meet again at Grand Line. I'd think it's likely that next ministory will feature Krieg's crew, or maybe my hope is clouding my judgement. ^^

And Morgan, it has been a long while since we saw him, wonder if he will be a pirate next time we see him or if he will have reunited with the marines somehow.
Old 2009-03-03, 15:54   Link #5
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

well any ministory involving Morgan will most likely involve Coby and Hel-whats-his-name

would certainly be cool to see how far they have come since way back then
Old 2009-03-03, 16:07   Link #6
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
well any ministory involving Morgan will most likely involve Coby and Hel-whats-his-name

Heh, funy how everyone forgets about Helmeppo (even in the series itself).

Anyway, I'm pretty interested in seeing Morgan again since the last time he appeared was during Jango's ministory. It looks like he somehow managed to keep himself out of trouble after assaulting Garp way back when, so I wonder how far he's travelled.....?
Old 2009-03-03, 16:53   Link #7
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Heh, funy how everyone forgets about Helmeppo (even in the series itself).

Anyway, I'm pretty interested in seeing Morgan again since the last time he appeared was during Jango's ministory. It looks like he somehow managed to keep himself out of trouble after assaulting Garp way back when, so I wonder how far he's travelled.....?
ahh thats it Helmeppo

now the anime did few eps on Morgan ministory, wonder if that could be applied to the manga.
If I remember right in teh anime he said he would bring about the Kingdom of Morgan, if Oda uses that that would be pretty interesting to see if he has done so somewhat.

well apart from thatrandom rant, now on the other hand I can't mind when Moragn showed up in Jango's story but since you say that makes me think Morgan might have become a priate. Since Jango has become a marine,it would be kinda like a role reversal of the two.

oh and also I just remembered the little colour spread of the Rainbow eels, does that count as a mini story?
cause I would love to see something like it again, it was brilliant!
Old 2009-03-03, 18:18   Link #8
Rainbowman

You know, I'm surprised that we can also discuss SBS questions in this thread as well. So which questions should we talk about first?
Old 2009-03-03, 18:29   Link #9
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
You know, I'm surprised that we can also discuss SBS questions in this thread as well. So which questions should we talk about first?
If this causes to much conflict / confusion then I'll consider creating separate threads but for the moment I think they can live side by side in this one thread since they are both sort of independent to the manga main plot.
Old 2009-03-03, 18:38   Link #10
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
If this causes to much conflict / confusion then I'll consider creating separate threads but for the moment I think they can live side by side in this one thread since they are both sort of independent to the manga main plot.
Fine by me.
Old 2009-03-03, 21:06   Link #11
ellifeedn
Thinker

A thread to discuss the SBS? I'll go for it.

The q & a from chapter 462, volume 48 (about what happens if Chopper eats 4 Rumble Balls) was both and . And also from the same volume, chapter 467, devil fruits are not just fruits it seems.
Old 2009-03-06, 19:42   Link #12
marvelB

Oh yeah, another ministory I always wanted to see was one that was centered on the marine captain, T-Bone. When he was introduced on the Puffing Tom, his intro box notes that his hobby was doing "100 good deeds a day". IMO, that would've made for an awesome ministory. Obviously, we wouldn't need to see all 100 of T-Bone's deeds. but it would certainly be amusing to witness a good majority of them. It's too bad that the chances of this particular ministory coming to fruition are slim to none....

And speaking of the sea train fighters, I'm actually a bit surprised that we didn't get any update on that weasel guy Nero during the actual CP9 ministory. I didn't really like him, but I was still a little curious as to what became of him after he got Shigan'd by Lucci and fell to the ocean. Maybe we'll actually see him again in a later ministory.....
Old 2009-05-21, 13:23   Link #13
marvelB

Pardon the double-post, but in light of the latest ministory, I thought it most appropriate to resurrect this thread (besides, this thread is too awesome to just let it die!).

So now, we have a Straw-Hat ministory. The fact that we're getting this would most definitely mean that we won't be seeing the rest of the crew back in the main story for a good while. I figure that the ministory will span somewhere between 40-50 chapters, which would make for about 5-7 pages for each character. I'm most interested in seeing what becomes of Usopp, Zoro, and Brooke myself......
Old 2009-05-21, 13:51   Link #14
james0246

^Yeah, my original guess was 4-5 pages per character (so at least 32 to 40 chapters), with some of the characters (specifically Nami, and possibly Frankie and Brooke) possibly getting as few as 3 pages. That being said, I am still holding out hope that at least Zoro's mini-story will be told in chapter format, and not as a mini-story, if for no other reason than to stoke the flame of the newly created ZoroxPerona fanboys .

As for Foxy...I am still holding out hope for him (and his crew) to join up with Buggy's crew sometime in the future....
Old 2009-05-21, 16:28   Link #15
Prestige

Aargh anything but Foxy damn he is annoying charecter.

I wouldnt mind for another glimps of Skypiea and how are people in there, Skypiea was one of my favorite arcs.

Well duh...anything but Foxy please!
Old 2009-05-21, 16:42   Link #16
marvelB

^We already had an Eneru ministory AND Gedatsu's "accidental blue sea life" story as well, so Skypiea's been covered more than well enough.

And sorry, but Foxy's one of my favorite villains (it's sad that he gets so much hate.... ). He's long overdue for a ministory, IMO. I'd find that a lot more preferable than putting him in some crappy filler arcs in the anime. I mean, if secondary villains like Wapol, Jango and the aforementioned Gedatsu get their own stories, why not the Silver Fox....?

And as I said earlier in the thread, I have my doubts about his crew teaming up with Buggy's, thanks to the current storyline's events. Maybe his ministory will involve his crew running into Lola's crew or something like that instead......
Old 2009-05-21, 16:59   Link #17
james0246

^Actually, this is a great time for Foxy's crew to incorporate Buggy's crew. Then once Buggy and Mr. 3 break out of Impel Down (...well, break out is a little strong, more like sneak out in all the confusion ), Buggy can go and challenge Foxy for leadership of the pirate crews and a great friendship can develop between the two characters that are set-off whenever someone comments on their physical appearance . The Story writes itself .

Whatever the case, I would love some sort of Foxy mini story. Of all the mini-stories so far, it is the 'little guys' (Buggy, Hacchi, Miss Goldenweek, Wapol, etc) that have the fun and interesting mini-stories. The 'larger' characters (Ace, Enel, Lucci) mini -stories were generally fairly boring.

...A Lola mini-story wouldn't be bad...if it took place inside of a giant sea king...
Old 2009-05-22, 10:01   Link #18
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
.Whatever the case, I would love some sort of Foxy mini story. Of all the mini-stories so far, it is the 'little guys' (Buggy, Hacchi, Miss Goldenweek, Wapol, etc) that have the fun and interesting mini-stories. The 'larger' characters (Ace, Enel, Lucci) mini -stories were generally fairly boring.

Yeah, I can definitely agree with this. I just find the secondary villains's stories so much more appealing than those that are centered around major characters. Hopefully, the current Straw-Hat ministory will be a fun one despite being in the latter category (though I will admit that image of Sanji running from more okamas is pretty hilarious ).

Quote:
...A Lola mini-story wouldn't be bad...if it took place inside of a giant sea king...

So what, she's going to be proposing to giant sea monsters, now?
Old 2009-05-23, 11:02   Link #19
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Actually, this is a great time for Foxy's crew to incorporate Buggy's crew. Then once Buggy and Mr. 3 break out of Impel Down (...well, break out is a little strong, more like sneak out in all the confusion ), Buggy can go and challenge Foxy for leadership of the pirate crews and a great friendship can develop between the two characters that are set-off whenever someone comments on their physical appearance . The Story writes itself .

Whatever the case, I would love some sort of Foxy mini story. Of all the mini-stories so far, it is the 'little guys' (Buggy, Hacchi, Miss Goldenweek, Wapol, etc) that have the fun and interesting mini-stories. The 'larger' characters (Ace, Enel, Lucci) mini -stories were generally fairly boring.

It's going to be quite a while before Foxy has his own mini-story. A Lola mini-story would be good as well. The one character I'd like to have a mini-story of (after the current one is over) is Bellamy the Hyena. His powers have been famous in Unlimited Adventure and Unlimited Cruise. Other characters I'd like to see at least in a mini-story are: Waynze of CP6, Jerry of CP7, and Nero the temporary member of CP9.
Old 2009-05-23, 14:16   Link #20
Blaine

Bellamy is dead isnt he?