AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-09-06, 12:37   Link #1301
kitten320

I won't deny, I was a bit biased back then. Sorry.

But there is still one thing I stand strong on, I don't consider Annie as a bad person. Just on the wrong side of a conflict. Same as Reiner and Bert. Bad people would not hesitate to kill their friends or regret the killing.

You can't call someone bad just because they were born in different country than you.
Old 2013-09-06, 13:19   Link #1302
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Armin is totally going to be Erwin's successor, isn't he? He's even started to adopt his mindset.
Congratulation, you just buried Erwin six feet under.
Old 2013-09-06, 14:05   Link #1303
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Armin always agreed with Erwin's decisions even when everyone else was puzzled by them (if not outright contrary), he is certainly a worthy successor though he might still be inexperienced.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 15:59   Link #1304
Breimoon

he just has to get as much experience he can from now on I wonder if Armin chose to use torture, would he do it himself or not?
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 16:34   Link #1305
darklegends8

Armin doesn't have enough experience yet to succeed Erwin, I think either Levi or Hanji would if Erwin were to die now, but by the end of the manga, probably a good chance of Armin succeeding him.
Old 2013-09-06, 17:08   Link #1306
kitten320

Nor Erwin's, position, but I really think Armin needs a promotion.

And if he isn't a complete lunatic yet and has still some humanity from beginning of the series, don't think he could torture someone.
Old 2013-09-06, 18:03   Link #1307
lateraldeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
Armin doesn't have enough experience yet to succeed Erwin, I think either Levi or Hanji would if Erwin were to die now, but by the end of the manga, probably a good chance of Armin succeeding him.
Erwin wouldn't die. The author likes to give us shock moments with different characters and this was Erwin's. This author also emphasize realism. In terms of being a commander no one else is capable of taking his place. Armin eventually can but having a 15 year old leading the corp break away too far from the realistic theme for it to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I really could see Reiner and Bert going shit crazy and killing everyone in their way now. What do they have to lose?

While them killing people is unforgivable, torturing ex-friend is not a joking matter either. I don't see them letting go on that lightly especially if those 3 grew up together.

In a way, Armin dug out his own grave.

Though I don't see Mikasa and Armin dying any time soon since they are main charas. So no need to worry for them.
When Bertholdt called Armin devil I shook my head, 5 minutes ago he was crying about how many people he had killed. so hypocritical.

Frankly it's not like any of the anti human shifter trio held back on killing humans to begin with. They already talked about freeing Annie so when/if that happens a ridiculous amount of death will occur. Either directly by them or because they opened another whole for titans to come in.

Last edited by lateraldeath; 2013-09-06 at 18:14.
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 20:09   Link #1308
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateraldeath View Post
They already talked about freeing Annie so when/if that happens a ridiculous amount of death will occur. Either directly by them or because they opened another whole for titans to come in.
When? They didn't knew that Annie's cover was blown until Armin's ruse.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 20:20   Link #1309
kitten320

While it is hypocritical, they did not torture people. Nor do they enjoy it.

The way Armin put it is like if he is getting pleasure from Annie being tortured.

If Armin's words were true, I honestly would call him a monster and not the trio. It would be almost the same situation as in Shiki.

Though once Annie awakens, I'm pretty sure torture will be unavoidable since I can't see her telling them anything.
Old 2013-09-06, 21:58   Link #1310
ahlecks
...that random guy...

Quote:
While it is hypocritical, they did not torture people. Nor do they enjoy it.

The way Armin put it is like if he is getting pleasure from Annie being tortured.

If Armin's words were true, I honestly would call him a monster and not the trio. It would be almost the same situation as in Shiki.

Though once Annie awakens, I'm pretty sure torture will be unavoidable since I can't see her telling them anything.
Well of course he has to put it in a way that he is enjoying it, how else would he rile Bertholdt to create an opening for either Eren to escape or for any scout to attack Bert(which was accomplished by Erwin).

And don't say something like, "There's probably a better way of doing it.", because its been hammered many times in this manga, hindsight is 20/20, you can make a lot of assumptions after the fact, but the thing is at that critical moment, Armin has to act. He can only hope with everything that he has that it will work out for the best.
Old 2013-09-07, 01:35   Link #1311
darklegends8

Quote:
Erwin wouldn't die. The author likes to give us shock moments with different characters and this was Erwin's. This author also emphasize realism. In terms of being a commander no one else is capable of taking his place. Armin eventually can but having a 15 year old leading the corp break away too far from the realistic theme for it to happen.

When Bertholdt called Armin devil I shook my head, 5 minutes ago he was crying about how many people he had killed. so hypocritical.

Frankly it's not like any of the anti human shifter trio held back on killing humans to begin with. They already talked about freeing Annie so when/if that happens a ridiculous amount of death will occur. Either directly by them or because they opened another whole for titans to come in.
I'm pretty sure that's what I just said.
Old 2013-09-07, 01:44   Link #1312
lateraldeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
I'm pretty sure that's what I just said.

the Armin part yes, I was replying more for the Erwin dying hypothesis.
Old 2013-09-07, 04:54   Link #1313
darklegends8

Quote:
the Armin part yes, I was replying more for the Erwin dying hypothesis.
That was a reply to someone else's hypothetical suggestion
Old 2013-09-07, 05:53   Link #1314
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Maybe... Though that's IF she wakes up. Hard to see her NOT awakening sooner or later though, especially if R & B were to perish (then she becomes the sole remaining source of information on the Titan Shifter Faction).

Still, it's indeed true that they're all surprisingly tight-lipped, which Iwouldn't have expected. Especially when it comes to Eren; since they apparently need him alive, I thought they'd go for trying to convince him to come over to their side like they did with Ymir (which would of course involve telling him some of the truth, you know, the standard "Everything you've ever been taught is a lie" kind of speech). One can only suppose they either don't want to risk him knowing anything in case he gets away, or they've (probably correctly) come to the conclusion that he holds too much enmity towards them to truly listen to/believe them...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 07:42   Link #1315
chikkychappy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Pretty much this. Irvin is my favorite character and I was gushing tears when his arm got bitten off thinking "this is it...."

But when he got back and slashed Bert I knew he'd be safe. The most dangerous moment has passed, it'll be repetitive storytelling wise if he gets another shock moment. Isayama has other plans for his character, probably to focus on the political side of things.

Last edited by chikkychappy; 2013-09-07 at 08:04.
chikkychappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 08:51   Link #1316
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahlecks View Post
Well of course he has to put it in a way that he is enjoying it, how else would he rile Bertholdt to create an opening for either Eren to escape or for any scout to attack Bert(which was accomplished by Erwin).

And don't say something like, "There's probably a better way of doing it.", because its been hammered many times in this manga, hindsight is 20/20, you can make a lot of assumptions after the fact, but the thing is at that critical moment, Armin has to act. He can only hope with everything that he has that it will work out for the best.
That's why I'm saying that it is no surprise that Bert exploded with anger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Maybe... Though that's IF she wakes up. Hard to see her NOT awakening sooner or later though, especially if R & B were to perish (then she becomes the sole remaining source of information on the Titan Shifter Faction).
There is no point putting her in a crystal if she is never to wake up. She could've just died then. Besides her last memories were about coming back home, to do that she has to be alive so she froze herself.

The only question is when and how.

And honestly, if I were Erwin, I would make a massive investigation on Eren's training squad. They have 5 titan shifters there and Christa who knows massive secret. Who knows who else is hiding there.

Also send a search party to Bert's/Reiner's/Annie's village once all of this is settled.
Old 2013-09-07, 11:02   Link #1317
lateraldeath

Quote:
And honestly, if I were Erwin, I would make a massive investigation on Eren's training squad. They have 5 titan shifters there and Christa who knows massive secret. Who knows who else is hiding there.

Also send a search party to Bert's/Reiner's/Annie's village once all of this is settled.
It is interesting how all titan shifters so far are part of the 104 training squad. For an author who up til now breaks away from almost all anime cliche, this is one of the few things where I wonder if it had to be done for the sake of "anime" story telling. Cause you know.. in anime teenagers are the important ones.. Or is there actually a logical explanation for this coincidence. When I had similiar questions before the author so far answered them in a story convincing way. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Ok so... Bert's/Reiner's/Annie's villiage is like way outside of the walls right? somewhere in the giant's field. Because if they are doing this just to "get home" and home is within wall maria, they wouldn't need to break anything 5 years ago. In fact breaking it will have caused them to lose the home.
Old 2013-09-07, 11:08   Link #1318
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
There is no point putting her in a crystal if she is never to wake up. She could've just died then. Besides her last memories were about coming back home, to do that she has to be alive so she froze herself.

The only question is when and how.
Yeah, it is. Anyway, I fully agree that she haven't played out her role yet - there are quesations she might be the only one left to answer, not to mention that as I dsaid, if R & B falls out of the game, she's the only one that can lead them to the Titan Shifter Faction...

Quote:
Lol, yeah, you have a point there. But to be honest, it's not like everyone has got to be "special" in any way. I'd bet there might be something about Mikasa, but as for the rest that haven't yet been revealed to be special in any sort of way... Doubtful.

Quote:
Easier said than done. I mean, finding a town whose whereabouts they know nothing about, in Titan-infested county? Sounds like trying to find a needle in a haystack with a pack of rabid dogs trying to get a bite of you every now and then <_<. Also, even if they find the town, what can be done about it? Attacking a town full of potential Titan Shifters sounds like a very bad idea considering how much trouble Mankind has had with R/B/A... And not only because it'd probably end badly for the attacks, but because they might from then on think of the city of the three walls as a true threat, instead of merely something of a nuisance - remember that Ymir said that R/B/A were in essence small fries? Then, what's the real tough guys of the Titan Shifter Town/Faction like???
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 11:13   Link #1319
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

You may not like him....but you have to admit that Reiner using Titans as weapons was pretty badass xD

Though the winner of the most badass medal of the chapter...no, the entire arc is without a doubt Erwin! One arm and he still made it all the way to Eren and cut him loose. Mad respect for Erwin.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 11:15   Link #1320
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Do you mean the village they claimed to be from or the village they're actually from? Because if it's the latter, that's a super-suicide mission. The only clue they have to its location is that Bert and Reiner are heading south, but even that might just be because they're heading for Shiganshima and the holes in the gates.

EDIT: And so very ninja'd.
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote