Superbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by dithar View Post
Lets count the 'excuses'
Perseus/Mithra - got off by doni
Sun Wukong - 3 vs 1 so Pandora say no?
Lancelot - Guinevere took it
Circe - Half - dead

So far 4major chances not counting Athena and V12,v15...
Yeah I understand why some got annoyed.
Strangely I never feel annoyed though the only time I wish he should get it was the time with Lancelot. Might be because the series idea that powerlevel is not always important in max lv battles and even small things characters overlook, a moment of arrogance or over confidences effect the battle.
Don't forget Melqart. Godou completely destroyed his body, but he didn't get an authority because Melqart managed to remain in existance as ectoplasm.

I knew Godou wouldn't be able to get his ability since it was in a flashback, but that still seems like a random way of depriving an authority.
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 17:57   Link #10202
Spica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbia View Post
Don't forget Melqart. Godou completely destroyed his body, but he didn't get an authority because Melqart managed to remain in existance as ectoplasm.

I knew Godou wouldn't be able to get his ability since it was in a flashback, but that still seems like a random way of depriving an authority.
Melqart did had an aspect of the sun....

"Actually Melqart was also a deity controlling the sun, but his responsibilities ruled over too many things." V3

So far any Sun deity have some defense move against the Stallion. But since Melqart "Ruled over too many things" I don't know what to make of it.

Ah found it ... the scene after Circe and Odysseus got hit from the Stallion and don't die.

"Well yes, were I to abandon my material body at this time to exist purely as a soul, perhaps— Although seeking refuge in the Netherworld in such a manner exists as a possible solution, that I do concede... Upon my pride as a goddess, I only wish to fulfill the meaning of life and death."

May be Melqart choose that way? Doubt it he might have simply abandon his material body.

Last edited by Spica; 2014-06-22 at 18:59.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 20:36   Link #10203
Forkys

Does someone knows when should be volume 17 released?
Forkys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 12:06   Link #10204
Chris38

^ As it has been mentioned a page ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
For the information of people who keep asking when the next volume will come out:

The publisher announces volumes slightly less than two months before they are released.
Consequently at this point in time, all we know is that Campione V17 definitely won't be coming out in June or July.

Please check again at the beginning of July to see if it's included in the August release or not.
And since it's not been included in the August release as well ... based upon what I found on the official site of the publisher ... we have to wait another period of about two months ... before we might get any information, about when the next volume is going to be released.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 13:11   Link #10205
AeonStorm

So how many authorities does godou have now
AeonStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 13:18   Link #10206
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeonStorm View Post
So how many authorities does godou have now
10, all from Verethragna. The Kusanagi sword and the black hole (can't really think of what it is called) aren't considered true authorities, though they basically are.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 13:18   Link #10207
Breimoon

it is all written on the wikia.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 13:29   Link #10208
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
10, all from Verethragna. The Kusanagi sword and the black hole (can't really think of what it is called) aren't considered true authorities, though they basically are.
The 10 incarnations are all 1 authority, which has been dubbed [Persian Warlord]. They aren't full authorities on their own, which is why they are slightly less powerful individually compared to a similar authority(like with Godou vs. Uldin).
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 13:48   Link #10209
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
The 10 incarnations are all 1 authority, which has been dubbed [Persian Warlord]. They aren't full authorities on their own, which is why they are slightly less powerful individually compared to a similar authority(like with Godou vs. Uldin).
Huh... Well, I stand corrected. The wiki page does say that it's one authority, and ten different ways to get victory. So, it arguably is the best authority of all the Campione.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 14:01   Link #10210
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
Huh... Well, I stand corrected. The wiki page does say that it's one authority, and ten different ways to get victory. So, it arguably is the best authority of all the Campione.
It's the most variable for sure, although it's also the one with the most annoying restrictions. He can only use each one once a day, and has to meet conditions to activate them. Plus they are weaker individually than standard authorities unless combined. He can also conceivably be stuck with no available incarnation to fight with. Not sure I'd call that the best.

I think the whole "weaker and once a day" even it out plenty without the whole "nope, you can't use that right now."

Last edited by bludvein; 2014-06-23 at 14:15.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 14:12   Link #10211
Ickarium

Which is why the whole 'He won't use the damn Kusanagi sword often' thing annoys me. Yeah, he can't train to beat a god with it, or Doni, but if he trained with the sword he wouldn't be bitch-slapped until he got severely hurt enough to use the Camel. And if they knew that, they could restrain him and take him away.
Old 2014-06-23, 14:23   Link #10212
cadu_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbia View Post

Melqart was not even killed.It was a draw,he suvirved the fight with Godou.
Circe as you said was half dead.

Perseus/Mithra - His power was absorved by the disk to ressurect him later.
Sun Wukong - His power was absorved by the disk to ressurect him later.
Lancelot - Her power was absorved by the disk to ressurect her later.
cadu_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 14:37   Link #10213
Ickarium

Yeah, Circe herself said he wouldn't get anything, so because she was in her own yandere way in love with him, bestowed a blessing on him as a Goddess of Magic.
Old 2014-06-24, 01:15   Link #10214
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

What some of you guys are forgetting is that Godou doesn't just "have an authority". Though, apart from just the bits and pieces from Athena, Circe, and the moody blade, it's only Verethragna's authority, but really, guys, that's like a cheat.

There are a multitude of Sun Gods, War Gods, whatever Gods. Smith has nice authorities, sure, Voban also does, and virtually everyone has nice authorities, and a lot of them, while Godou has only one. Don't forget though - Doni lost (twice), Voban lost, Luo Hao lost, Uldin also lost. And all the gods, except KotE lost as well. To an immature brat who's still just trying to figure out in the dark, what to do with his power, and how to use it.

Reason? Godou doesn't have 'an' authority. He has 'the' authority. It's the God of friggin VICTORY guys. Not 'one of the gods of victory', but 'THE God of Victory, with the most triumphs under his belt, the Victor, the Undefeated One'. That guy was a nobody technically, the "creation" and "companion" of a Sun God (one of many), yet he was so strong that he can simply "invite" a God-king to a bout like that any old saturday morning. The authority is not sub-par compared to any other in sheer power, and vastly superior in both variability and applicability. Really, for one, only one of its ten forms was so overpowered, that it was able to destroy the actual 'incarnation of victory', it's own master, said to be undefeated, while even though it stems from Mithra, being just a lowly companion, and a broken off portion, another form was so overpowered that Godou used it to simply cut Mithra's, its old master's authority to pieces. How overpowered is that? The thing Godou needs is not new authorities. Frankly, I'd be a bit crestfallen if he gained more authorities now, since once he learns how to use the one he has right now (really use, like, unlock each feature all of them have), and starts mixing them with a little fantasy involved (and moody sword, that thing makes wonders with such an OP authority), he's going to be literally invincible.

That's my take on it anyways.

Let us remember the victims of Domestic Violence.
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-24, 02:54   Link #10215
Spica

^^
What a view.

You also have to take the setting which haven't suffer Dragon ball syndrome so far.
Its the main reason this series drew me in. I like the idea that any thing can happen if two max lv characters fight out, how everything matters in those fights (like that speed change in v6).

In fact these show in fights a lot, like how no Campione believe they would lose against someone (even against KOTE who seemed to be awefully spec for anti-campione not just simply op).

So far my favorite fight is in v15, the duel with doni which lasted for only a few seconds but damn epic. (Using warrior observation with Ama no Murakumo is also cool.)

Last edited by Spica; 2014-06-24 at 06:23.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-24, 03:10   Link #10216
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RpR1337 View Post
There are a multitude of Sun Gods, War Gods, whatever Gods. Smith has nice authorities, sure, Voban also does, and virtually everyone has nice authorities, and a lot of them, while Godou has only one. Don't forget though - Doni lost (twice)
You're exaggerating quite a bit here. Doni lost the first time because Erica helped, and the second because he was tired from being possessed.

Quote:
Voban lost
Voban didn't lose, he simply couldn't be bothered anymore. If he had used Red Punishment at that time, Godou would died for sure.

Quote:
Luo Hao lost
Except she didn't. Yes, she got knocked out, but Godou was also paralysed and couldn't move. If no one else had been around, and Luo Hao had woken up first, Godou would have lost. That's why they called it a tie.

Quote:
Uldin also lost.
Again, this was a tie.

Quote:
The authority is not sub-par compared to any other in sheer power
Going by canon, this is false.

Quote:
Really, for one, only one of its ten forms was so overpowered, that it was able to destroy the actual 'incarnation of victory', it's own master, said to be undefeated,
Verethragna was half dead at that point, so that doesn't really count.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-24, 07:45   Link #10217
cadu_

Even if Doni was tired from being possesed,Godou fought with goddess and used many forms before the duel started,since he can`t use a form again for 24 hours after using it,you could say that Godou was also equally tired.
But I agree that Godou is not so overpowered, his single authority gives him many different powers while other campiones only have one power for each authority and that looks OP,but in exchange for that each one of them has some kind of condition or restriction while the other campiones can use it whenever they want.
Also each form is not equally strong than another campione authority,like how Godou loses in speed against the Black Prince.
Old 2014-06-24, 09:58   Link #10218
senjiro
ecchi sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadu_ View Post
Even if Doni was tired from being possesed,Godou fought with goddess and used many forms before the duel started,since he can`t use a form again for 24 hours after using it,you could say that Godou was also equally tired.
But I agree that Godou is not so overpowered, his single authority gives him many different powers while other campiones only have one power for each authority and that looks OP,but in exchange for that each one of them has some kind of condition or restriction while the other campiones can use it whenever they want.
Also each form is not equally strong than another campione authority,like how Godou loses in speed against the Black Prince.
I need correct one point,godou los to alec in speed coz godou is a noob with his power yet,while alec mastered his own. Godou now beggin to master his powers(camel explosion,castle beast,sword of salvation)
I dont want more authorities only master that he got, godou is the most adaptable out the 8.
True he got 10 powers so them must be more weak one by one. But in all things godou not lose vs his peers more seniors than him.
I want dates with the girls next vol.
Mari the pityfull witch
senjiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-24, 10:09   Link #10219
cadu_

Alec and Godou are equals in velocity,but Alec speed authority is better than Godou`s since Alec can use it more often and can fly with it,Godou can only run on the ground and if he uses it too much, he feels chest pain.
Old 2014-06-24, 10:19   Link #10220
senjiro
ecchi sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadu_ View Post
Alec and Godou are equals in velocity,but Alec speed authority is better than Godou`s since Alec can use it more often and can fly with it,Godou can only run on the ground and if he uses it too much, he feels chest pain.
Dunno,but i think this is coz godou has to master his authority...
Meh,also can be alec authority be better godou bein campione less than á year, alec more time.., Ashia flag was raised i the previous vol. Any chance for she joining harem? will be funny because she is pretty clumsy... and she has bigs bo... i mean funny interactions...
Mari the pityfull witch
senjiro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem