AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-02-21, 11:55   Link #16601
X207
Gamyūsa

@RES-01: we'll probabaly never get over them. as big as the failure may be the battles still remain up there. even to day impulse vs freedom is still one of the top ten battles to me.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 12:04   Link #16602
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
The sight of GS and GSD models just irks me, really.
Sorry to see you in pain, sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
@RES-01: we'll probabaly never get over them. as big as the failure may be the battles still remain up there. even to day impulse vs freedom is still one of the top ten battles to me.
To me, it was an example of how the mighty are fallen. To think of it I still cannot believe why I cheered for Shinn at that time while I felt for Kira so much in the first installment. Human nature is strange.

Ah well, isn't it enough that those model kits are just gorgeous? I did not feel that Gundam Origins was that grat, but I still bought the MG Guncannon. It's a matter of determining which of those kits hold any meaning to you as a person. At all.
Old 2010-02-21, 12:16   Link #16603
X207
Gamyūsa

that battle was one of the few highlights of the series. the rest was was a failure, it was one of the few chances they had to get rid of kira in gsd. i was all for kira in GS but he just was annoying to step on shinn and steal the show. the final gsd battles were flashy but nothing else aside from some stupid moves ie stopping the sabers with hands o.O. half the time i was bored to death in gsd for GS reused scenes but thats a whole different novel to explain.
Old 2010-02-21, 12:21   Link #16604
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
that battle was one of the few highlights of the series. the rest was was a failure, it was one of the few chances they had to get rid of kira in gsd. i was all for kira in GS but he just was annoying to step on shinn and steal the show. the final gsd battles were flashy but nothing else aside from some stupid moves ie stopping the sabers with hands o.O. half the time i was bored to death in gsd for GS reused scenes but thats a whole different novel to explain.
Same here. But when they condensed it, I kinda felt the whole story got better, as for enough to perceive it as an acceptable continuation for a great series. And well, my love for Freedom remained since the last show, but I somehow longed for something newer and better. Impulse almost did the job, but they had to spoil it. But regardless, I still love the designs of model kits in the series. Hence the SEED Master Grades I count among my absolute favorites, next to Zeta's titan color mkII and Hyaku Shiki. My first 00 has yet to be revealed. i somehow feel prone to grab MG Exia... but I guess I'll wait till I deal with my NG 1/100 Designer's color Cherudim and HG 1/144 trans Am Cherudim, as well as the white Gouf Ignited of Yzak. Just cannot wait
Old 2010-02-21, 12:28   Link #16605
Rickketik

Quote:
stopping the sabers with hands o.O
lolz. when did that happen? o_O
Rickketik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 12:31   Link #16606
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickketik View Post
lolz. when did that happen? o_O
Spoiler for scene from destiny:

And a propos... something special for those who hate SEED :P
Spoiler for Justice kicks a$$ anyway:
Old 2010-02-21, 12:53   Link #16607
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Same here. But when they condensed it, I kinda felt the whole story got better, as for enough to perceive it as an acceptable continuation for a great series. And well, my love for Freedom remained since the last show, but I somehow longed for something newer and better. Impulse almost did the job, but they had to spoil it. But regardless, I still love the designs of model kits in the series. Hence the SEED Master Grades I count among my absolute favorites, next to Zeta's titan color mkII and Hyaku Shiki. My first 00 has yet to be revealed. i somehow feel prone to grab MG Exia... but I guess I'll wait till I deal with my NG 1/100 Designer's color Cherudim and HG 1/144 trans Am Cherudim, as well as the white Gouf Ignited of Yzak. Just cannot wait
at times i feel as ending it at ep34 when freedom was destroyed would make a good last ep for GSD. the story may not have been the best but the model designs are still very nicefor the CE era. i have always liked the blits gundam from the begining. i have an FG 144 blitz gundam, 100 gold frame amatsu and a nebula blitz gundam (to be repainted black scheme and assembled) that also doubles as a normal 100 blitz gundam.

atm i started a garrazzo that will mostly be using anew returner's color scheme with some small differences. i just need to find suitable weather or a location to use the primer without choking myself with fumes. i have completed my 100 amatsu and a 144 calamity gundam already. i would like to know if i could find a black spray paint suitable for gunpla to use for the nebula blitz when the garrazzo is done. my FG blitz gundam was hand painted and the brush strokes will never really fade away. though i wont do anymore additional work on it anymore it still doesnt look the best paint job.
Old 2010-02-21, 13:52   Link #16608
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
at times i feel as ending it at ep34 when freedom was destroyed would make a good last ep for GSD. the story may not have been the best but the model designs are still very nicefor the CE era. i have always liked the blits gundam from the begining. i have an FG 144 blitz gundam, 100 gold frame amatsu and a nebula blitz gundam (to be repainted black scheme and assembled) that also doubles as a normal 100 blitz gundam.

atm i started a garrazzo that will mostly be using anew returner's color scheme with some small differences. i just need to find suitable weather or a location to use the primer without choking myself with fumes. i have completed my 100 amatsu and a 144 calamity gundam already. i would like to know if i could find a black spray paint suitable for gunpla to use for the nebula blitz when the garrazzo is done. my FG blitz gundam was hand painted and the brush strokes will never really fade away. though i wont do anymore additional work on it anymore it still doesnt look the best paint job.
To me, the special editions made the difference

As for the kits, I count the 1/100 Gold Frame amatu among my favorites. Design-wise it is so cool that I'll buy it in no time if the MG version was ever released. I also have a HG 1/100 Blitz, but did not felt any urge at all to buy the new one that looks like a lobster. Good idea of yours to paint it black again. The character of Nicol was my second favorite after Dearka in SEED.

Which Garazzo do you have - Bring's or Hiling's?

I once contemplated getting all the three 1/144 HGs of druggie kits but as I found myself being very happy over their fate, I somehow did not feel that impressed to do it
Old 2010-02-21, 14:57   Link #16609
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
To me, the special editions made the difference

As for the kits, I count the 1/100 Gold Frame amatu among my favorites. Design-wise it is so cool that I'll buy it in no time if the MG version was ever released. I also have a HG 1/100 Blitz, but did not felt any urge at all to buy the new one that looks like a lobster. Good idea of yours to paint it black again. The character of Nicol was my second favorite after Dearka in SEED.

Which Garazzo do you have - Bring's or Hiling's?

I once contemplated getting all the three 1/144 HGs of druggie kits but as I found myself being very happy over their fate, I somehow did not feel that impressed to do it
the garrazzo is hilling care's though looking back i think it wouldve been easier if i purchase bring's garrazzo. either waythe color wont stay stock very much. i like the nebula blitz though the red is a bit bizarre scheme. the lobster look is intersting but black looks so much better. the red will same of the trouble of repainting but the parts arent always a complete unit.

i did get a innovator GNZ urge at one time to repaint all 3 models to anew returner but the gaddess isnt worth it to recolour.

did you ever have trouble posing your 100 amatsu with wing binders facing forward as if to send the darts off? i tried that once but i fell over, fortuantely no other models were harmed in this incident. i could go for a druggie collection of FGs but i just dont have the time nor space ($5 a fg kit in one store). i really got ripped off on my FG blitz- $34 for it but it was the first model and i didnt know it was one of limited mobility or options.
Old 2010-02-21, 16:47   Link #16610
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
the garrazzo is hilling care's though looking back i think it wouldve been easier if i purchase bring's garrazzo. either waythe color wont stay stock very much.
i did get a innovator GNZ urge at one time to repaint all 3 models to anew returner but the gaddess isnt worth it to recolour.
Anew Gaddess' colors are very appealing. I like that kind of blue myself, too. I stopped on having all the GNZ in original colors though. Kinda played with the idea of getting a Reborns and O Gundam, too, but I thought it's a waste of money and space as I did not like the character of Ribbons very much. And believe me or not, I place the designs of GNZ series far above Almark's Gundams...

Quote:
i like the nebula blitz though the red is a bit bizarre scheme. the lobster look is intersting but black looks so much better. the red will same of the trouble of repainting but the parts arent always a complete unit.
I kinda understand your approach as I bought hail Buster just because I like the Buster line. And, luckily, Hail turned outto have a great color scheme :]

Quote:
did you ever have trouble posing your 100 amatsu with wing binders facing forward as if to send the darts off? i tried that once but i fell over, fortuantely no other models were harmed in this incident.
Nope, never tried it and I guess I never will. To me, the Amatu luuks best just standing. Maybe the MG version could be more poseable but until then I am happy with it as it is :]
Spoiler for Gold Frame:

As for the FG Blitz rip-off, man that was painful. The only FG I have is the Gaia, and I bought it for, like four bucks. But the kit quality is just baaad. If I had money to spend, maybe I'd go for the HG 1/144 druggies, but only if I also was a fan
Old 2010-02-21, 18:19   Link #16611
Kitaeryu

Quote:
Spoiler for Gold Frame:

Is the base you have there the mechanical chain base (or something like that) by kotobukiya? I was interested in getting one but was kinda cautious about it, and seeing as how you have one (i think), what do you think of it? The main question i have is does it fit the 1/100 scale models or is it better for the 1/144? Thanks =D

If its not the mechanical base by kotobukiya, then what is it? xD
Old 2010-02-21, 21:49   Link #16612
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Anew Gaddess' colors are very appealing. I like that kind of blue myself, too. I stopped on having all the GNZ in original colors though. Kinda played with the idea of getting a Reborns and O Gundam, too, but I thought it's a waste of money and space as I did not like the character of Ribbons very much. And believe me or not, I place the designs of GNZ series far above Almark's Gundams...

I kinda understand your approach as I bought hail Buster just because I like the Buster line. And, luckily, Hail turned outto have a great color scheme :]

Nope, never tried it and I guess I never will. To me, the Amatu luuks best just standing. Maybe the MG version could be more poseable but until then I am happy with it as it is :]
Spoiler for Gold Frame:

As for the FG Blitz rip-off, man that was painful. The only FG I have is the Gaia, and I bought it for, like four bucks. But the kit quality is just baaad. If I had money to spend, maybe I'd go for the HG 1/144 druggies, but only if I also was a fan
reborn's ms is nice looking but it looks a bit awkward at times. i like almost all blitz lines but i hate the N dagger N and the nero blitz gundam. where may you have purchased the MS stand? even i toyed around with the idea to get O gundam acd and exia repair but i chose not to spend get them in the end.

i beleive you can pose the amatsu with the wing binders forward but you'll have to arch the back quite a bit. you could find something to keep it from falling forward or a counterweight on the back. it took maybe 30 minutes for mine to topple but i doubt i'll ever try that again.
Old 2010-02-22, 06:51   Link #16613
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

HG 1/144.. GUNDAM X?! And by the left... HGUC... GUNDAM ZZ?!?!?!?

Spoiler for Hobby Japan it seems:

The HG Gundam X will come with the gatling gun missing from the original 1/144 it seems. But the HGUC ZZ... FINALLY!!!!!!!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 07:05   Link #16614
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Only matter of time before the Robot Damashii version is announced.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 09:50   Link #16615
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga

duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 12:57   Link #16616
GrimmReaperNL
Oro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
HG 1/144.. GUNDAM X?! And by the left... HGUC... GUNDAM ZZ?!?!?!?

Spoiler for Hobby Japan it seems:

The HG Gundam X will come with the gatling gun missing from the original 1/144 it seems. But the HGUC ZZ... FINALLY!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngee khiong
"Bottom left corner of the picture shows HG 1/144 Double Z Gundam - June release. No HGUC?"
so it's proberbly HG not HGUC
Old 2010-02-22, 14:32   Link #16617
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimmReaperNL View Post
so it's proberbly HG not HGUC
From what I recently heard, the change is supposedly due to the HGUC line being merged with a new line called "Across the Universal Century", which is the HG line where the HG Gundam X is being made from. The line supposedly also will cover designs from G Gundam and Gundam Wing.

Take this info with a grain of salt until confirmed by further scans, although it seems to jive with the info we're seeing so far.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 15:08   Link #16618
kakakka

So possible HG remakes of G, Wing and X? That thought gave me some hope
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 20:29   Link #16619
EMbr12

Let me get this straight... there's a possibility that there will be a new line of gundam UC???
Is there any way to confirm which mobile suits will be part of that new line?

Having doubts but excited all the same
EMbr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 21:15   Link #16620
GrimmReaperNL
Oro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMbr12 View Post
Let me get this straight... there's a possibility that there will be a new line of gundam UC???
Is there any way to confirm which mobile suits will be part of that new line?

Having doubts but excited all the same
not a new UC line. a merger between HG and HGUC. possibly pointing to remakes of previously made kits from G, wing and X.

or that is what i gathered from the last couple of posts

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy