AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2008-11-27, 17:08   Link #781
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Man this was like a mediocre chapter IMO. I was waiting for some Mist Gun action...
Old 2008-11-29, 18:52   Link #782
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Woohoo! Didn't know there was a fairy tail thread on the forum. I'm a huge fairy tail fan. I just love how the characters do the unexpected.

Me too. I want Mist Gun. That and I can't wait to see who this Gildartz fellow is. They have been mentioning him forever. Think he will make an appearance in this battle of the strongest arc thing that is going on? I am just happy Mist Gun is here. Hopefully Mist won't put the audience to sleep so we can't see him destroying Luxus and the gang. That would be sad.

I loved Erza's Unlimited Blade Works/Gate of Babylon Bluff .
Old 2008-11-30, 00:23   Link #783
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

A gift for my fellow Fairy Tail Fans. Warning - Awesome Natsu and Hawt Ezra.

Spoiler for Volume 12 cover:
Old 2008-11-30, 09:35   Link #784
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post

Naniiiiiiiiii!!?!?!? Accursed Cookie Nazis!!!!!!
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 14:56   Link #785
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I seem to be very attracted to the strong women of anime/manga: Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell, San from Princess Mononoke, The female cast of Claymore (especially Teresa) and now Erza Scarlet. I mean Erza can fight holding a sword between her toes and she can ex-quip her clothing for an armored bikini. Shwing!

Oh Fairy Tail. I can't wait until fairy tail gets its own anime. Rave master took a little more than 2 years to get going so Fairy tail might could get started in the next year or so, but that is only my speculation. If anyone knows anything let me know.
Old 2008-12-01, 05:03   Link #786
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
I seem to be very attracted to the strong women of anime/manga: Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell, San from Princess Mononoke, The female cast of Claymore (especially Teresa) and now Erza Scarlet. I mean Erza can fight holding a sword between her toes and she can ex-quip her clothing for an armored bikini. Shwing!
Duude! Same here I'd add in transformed Moka from Rosario + Vamp, though I have a soft spot for Simca from Air Gear.
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 06:54   Link #787
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post

can't see anything. Can you upload it somewhere else? ;_;

edit: tnx Tempest35

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!

Last edited by Majek; 2008-12-02 at 07:29.
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 10:01   Link #788
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Spoiler for 114:

Old 2008-12-02, 15:47   Link #789
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
Spoiler for 114:
Spoiler for 114:
Old 2008-12-02, 18:46   Link #790
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Seeing Loki in battle will be pretty cool whenever it happens. He is a combat summon, and now he has his life force rejuvenated so he's probably pretty tough. I also kind of want to see him flirt with Aquarius. I wonder how Taurus will get along with Loki as both of them have a thing for Lucy... Though really I want to see Mist Gun actually fight someone. I like that he waited until the end to make his appearance, probably because he is a recluse. Also, I want to see Gildartz soon. They have been mentioning him forever and keep saying that he is strong, but we don't know anything about the dude except they call him "oyaji". Finally I'm waiting for Mira to get pissed enough at Luxus to show us why she was called "The Demon". Elfman seems to have made amends with his past as he can now do a full body take over, I wonder if Mira will manage to do the same.

Any ideas on who the guy was in Fairy Tail 104 page 20 who picks up the magazine, says "Lucy" and starts crying? I'm thinking it is her dad, but I'm not sure why he is suddenly bearded and homeless. If it is her dad then there has to be something going on to push him away like that. I love the part of that same chapter where the news reporter asks Erza what her favorite ex-quip armor is and she replies "The Bunny Suit." -phew-

EDIT: Who will win the battle of Fairy Tail?

Luxus said the last person standing will be the strongest. I am hoping for a surprise winner. Like Loki which would make the winner Lucy . Or Happy. Who do you think will be the strongest mage in Fairy Tail?

Last edited by chibamonster; 2008-12-02 at 19:23.
chibamonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 02:36   Link #791
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
Spoiler for 114:
Spoiler for 114:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
Any ideas on who the guy was in Fairy Tail 104 page 20 who picks up the magazine, says "Lucy" and starts crying? I'm thinking it is her dad, but I'm not sure why he is suddenly bearded and homeless. If it is her dad then there has to be something going on to push him away like that. I love the part of that same chapter where the news reporter asks Erza what her favorite ex-quip armor is and she replies "The Bunny Suit." -phew-
Her father, no doubt... lower portion of the face and the fact that he seems to be wearing a tattered suit of all things just tells me that its him. Frankly, i think after Lucy left, the deal he was working on through her manage fell apart, vultures tore upon him over it, and he suddenly gets some kind of revelation about Lucy and just plain self destructs and everything he has goes belly up... Hell Lucy's point of not anyone wanting to hear he name because of her family status could have been foreshadowing that those people have already heard the news that Lucy had not been paying attention to and is slow to her; that her father has gone bankrupt

unfortunately, fairy tail, much like one piece seems to not do a good job at telling us how much time has passed between arcs... what seems "sudden" could have actually been weeks-months of time... no real indication on how long it took them to rebuild the guild seeing as part of the time they were doing jobs again, and thus only rebuilding part time
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 03:18   Link #792
Xhokhusmak

chibamonster, I mean no offense, but the reason I like this thread is because nobody actually delves in fanatically and go on with essays about reading inbetween lines or examining every facial expression in every frame and such *cough Claymore*.

Casual thread ftw I wish it would stay like this. T_T
Xhokhusmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 05:05   Link #793
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

@Slayerx:
Spoiler for what's going on and theories:

@Xhokhusmak: ?What is the point of a forum if you don't talk about the stuff you like? That is pretty silly in my opinion. If I didn't want to talk to people about it, why would I even be on the forum? I simply cannot accept your request. Especially when the "Every facial expression in every frame" is actually a full page with the caption, "With that Lucy became famous. But who is this guy?" I can't believe you want people to not post what they are thinking.

And insult Claymore again and I might go unlimited posting works abyss break. I will show you how I Flare with Etheron. Simple answer is no if I am posting here. But if you guys want me to leave I can do that. I was just excited other people liked Fairy Tail.

Do Whatever You Like! That is The Way of Fairy Tail Mages!

Last edited by chibamonster; 2008-12-03 at 05:16.
chibamonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 05:58   Link #794
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

hahaha calm down both of you, it can be troublesome for other posters to deal with that sort of argument from either point of view.

Though i gotta admit at this point there are too many fairy tail mages and not enough enemies to go around.

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Sleepy Speculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 06:14   Link #795
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Wow chibamonster is touchy and Xhokhusmak is right. We don't need claymorish-animesukish infinitive debates based on nothing here. We asked ourselves that question when the chapter came, we didn't get the answer yet. NO POINT in "debating/speculating" with NOTHING to build on.

Old 2008-12-03, 16:27   Link #796
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

I kind of like how this arc is shaping up to be more diverse than the usual 1-on-1 fight recipe. It's true that there are many good guys and too few enemies. I can see two possible outcomes of this situation.

1) Luxus is insanely strong and defeats several people in a row (i.e. Erza, mist Gun, Makarov, etc.)

2) Something unexpected happens and a new enemy appears forcing the Fairy Tail mages to forget their differences to fight the new threat.

I would love if 2) would happen, but most probably we are going to see 1). I hope they explain Luxus' past along the way. I hope there's more to him than the power-hungry maniac that he's been portrayed to be so far. He is Makarov's grandson, so there must be some decency in him.
Old 2008-12-03, 16:51   Link #797
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

it would be kind of dissapointing to have him become a good guy after he si defeated. IMO he is a good charcater in the sense thateveryone loves to hate him and it's kind of a waste if he becomes a good guy after this arc.
Old 2008-12-03, 16:57   Link #798
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... we never said anything about him becoming a good guy. More like he has a shred of good still left in him, and we either see that during his fight, or as he lies on the ground after the fight, defeated, do we hear his tale... before he leaves as a renegade or something

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 16:58   Link #799
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Since Luxus is so obsessed with "Strongest" and "Power", a cliche past would be a flashback of an incident where he was badly oppressed by strong opponents, which led him to think "If only I was stronger...". That might be linked to how he got that scar on his face.

Of couse I would prefer his past to be something more original.
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 17:13   Link #800
Cinocard

I doubt we see anything else short of. Personally, i have only experienced manga that give 3 reasons in cases like Luxus.

1) What you said, a tragic past of a weak ass. Be it being bullied by the strong or failing to protect the "important one."

2) A born psycho. Luxus, based on what his grandpa said, was a good child.

3) Having been possessed. but have memory of it, and then got addicted to power and blood. If it were the cases, should the guild master have said "why the hell did you turn out like this?"
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen