AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-21, 13:41   Link #61
JShaggy
I like CRABS!!

Send a message via AIM to JShaggy Send a message via Yahoo to JShaggy
Man, I have to say that so much sadism happened in the first part of this episode.

As Guido had already mentioned, the WitchBlade form of Masane is like a rabid beast with a thirst for blood, evident from when ...

Spoiler for episode 3:

I've also heard speculation that this new story, in contrast with the comic book story, may somehow be linked together in the near future (possibly with a flashback story), but it's too soon to really say how far GONZO will go since it's still early in the series.

On some other semi-topic stuff, did anyone else notice that several parts of the OP had changed (replaced with new scenes)?

JShaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 02:34   Link #62
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShaggy
On some other semi-topic stuff, did anyone else notice that several parts of the OP had changed (replaced with new scenes)?
Yep. I managed to recollect an image that features one of the changed scenes from the OP. I think that they'll be updating the OP video every two to four episodes.

By the way, WitchBlade had a low start but is beginning to grasp attention of few otakus out there in Japan, however, I think they're just watching the show as a commodity or guilty pleasure to kill some time.

Anyways, WitchBlade has been given its own place at the futaba picture boards.

I also became acknowledged from the website that the anime is getting reruns.
CBC airs the original broadcast Wednesdays at 25:45 hrs -> Thursdays at 01:45 a.m.

TBS reruns the aired episode Fridays at 26:25 hrs -> Saturdays at 02:25 a.m.

Somewhat odd for an otaku-only anime that is loosely based from an American comic book and airs lately at nights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShaggy
As Guido had already mentioned, the WitchBlade form of Masane is like a rabid beast with a thirst for blood, evident from when ...
Thanks to both JShaggy and Sonhex for their remarks.

I managed to gather several pics of WMasane in all her sadistic glory portrayed in episode three. The ones that make you
Spoiler:

For pick-ups collection I also found an sketch image of WMasane's preliminary design that GONZO made up before the final product was released.
WMasane wears the same armor except that the design is more similar to the original American. It shows more flesh, and the armor covers only the needed parts that have to be covered.

Since I found the aforementioned image inappropriate to post at AnimeSuki by my own discretion, I'm leaving a link where anyone interested can view it.

Last edited by Guido; 2006-04-22 at 12:02.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 03:27   Link #63
grss1982

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebask
any body know who is subbing this? or is it licensed? or did i miss something?
Seems like Bakakozou has this anime lined up as one of its projectcs along with another interesting anime, Black Lagoon.

here's the offical faq of the group:

http://www.bakakozou.com/forum_viewtopic.php?8.12670
Old 2006-04-22, 04:41   Link #64
eggplant
Eggplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
I also became acknowledged from the website that the anime is getting reruns.
CBC airs the original broadcast Wednesdays at 25:45 hrs -> Thursdays at 01:45 a.m.

TBS reruns the aired episode Fridays at 26:25 hrs -> Saturdays at 02:25 a.m.

Somewhat odd for an otaku-only anime that is loosely based from an American comic book and airs lately at nights.
Actually, CBC (Chubu Broadcasting Co) is a network affiliate of TBS (Tokyo Broadcasting Station), the former airing the show mainly in the Nagoya region, whereas TBS covers the greater Tokyo area, so it's not a rerun.

The reason why a local station gets first broadcasting rights is because CBC is involved in the production of the show.

Curiously enough, Sky Perfect Well Think (Jigoku Shoujo) has a hand in the production, so it may be a matter of time that they broadcast Witchblade on the internet or on one of the SkyPerfecTV stations.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 05:30   Link #65
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
For pick-ups collection I also found an sketch image of WMasane's preliminary design that GONZO made up before the final product was released.
WMasane wears the same armor except that the design is more similar to the original American. It shows more flesh, and the armor covers only the needed parts that have to be covered.

Since I found the aforementioned image inappropriate to post at AnimeSuki by my own discretion, I'm leaving a link where anyone interested can view it.
Oh my. I'm not adverse to exposure, but I'm relieved they didn't go with that version. It would have been hard to take Masane seriously 'wearing' that thing. It's a neat collector's item though, thanks for the find.

Regarding her tongue stud, I've noticed other red orbs on her body that seem to appear then vanish. In EP 1 there was one on her thigh that was flashing, then it vanished also (unless that was explained in Ep2. and I missed it?).
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 11:14   Link #66
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
Regarding her tongue stud, I've noticed other red orbs on her body that seem to appear then vanish. In EP 1 there was one on her thigh that was flashing, then it vanished also (unless that was explained in Ep2. and I missed it?).
I thought that was a tracker the guy with glasses (don't remember his name) put on her to locate her and then brought her in.
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 11:25   Link #67
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Ah, I thought it might have been something I missed. Dammit, this is why I need subs for this show...
Old 2006-04-22, 12:50   Link #68
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
Oh my. I'm not adverse to exposure, but I'm relieved they didn't go with that version. It would have been hard to take Masane seriously 'wearing' that thing. It's a neat collector's item though, thanks for the find.

Actually, they wanted to go for that version but one of the sponsors complained a lot that it was showing too much (it was written on the official web site). AFAIK, it will be the "original" (i.e. more skin shown) version in the DVDs.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 13:30   Link #69
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345
Actually, they wanted to go for that version but one of the sponsors complained a lot that it was showing too much (it was written on the official web site). AFAIK, it will be the "original" (i.e. more skin shown) version in the DVDs.
Hmm, re-animating an entire series with a different costume? I remain to be convinced of that claim. If Masane was CG maybe. I can't imagine Gonzo doing that, although I'd be impressed if they did. It would seem a little pointless though; Masane is hot enough as she is without looking like an otaku's wet-dream. Or should that be more like an otaku's wet-dream...heh.

Of-course, it's not unusual for DVDs to have cleaned up or redrawn artwork. Tight deadlines often results in shoddy work on some episodes to meet the milestones.
Old 2006-04-22, 13:35   Link #70
xizro345
King's Justice

It's all digital work so I don't expect any major difficulties if they really want to do that.
Anyway since I'm considering getting the JP DVDs, I'll be able to check that out 8P
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 14:12   Link #71
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345
It's all digital work so I don't expect any major difficulties if they really want to do that.
Anyway since I'm considering getting the JP DVDs, I'll be able to check that out 8P
The colouring is digital yes (as is the animation set-up), but the characters are hand drawn before being scanned into be animated. Which means if they wanted to have the skimpy costume they'd have to redraw every single instance of Masane by hand, then re-animate. Effectively, animating the series twice. I just don't see Gonzo doing that for the sake of some extra flesh.

I guess when DVD 1 comes out we'll know for sure. Be sure to post some hi-res comparitive screen grabs if it is indeed the case
Old 2006-04-22, 15:32   Link #72
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Do you live in Japan, like Witchblade and have plenty of cash you have nothing to spend on?

Well, for 250K yen you can go on a Witchblade-themed trip to Anime Expo 2006 in LA. You get hotel, transportation, a tour of GONZO's offices in USA and other stuff. 8)

Details here: http://www.q-sai.net/wbaxtour/ 8))

PS: Either this is a big joke and they don't really expect many to sign up, or Japan is have an overflow of idiot otaku.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 15:36   Link #73
Tsume

Is anyone working on fansubbing this series? I know it's not getting very good reviews, but I'd still like to be able to watch it, and it does seem to be somewhat popular.
Tsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 22:22   Link #74
wrex_japan

Witchblade ep. 3

I've finally caught up with with watching and summarizing Witchblade aired so far... click here for the pics and spoiler summary.

I can't believe how much heavy breathing Mamiko Noto has to do as the seiyuu for Witchblade Masane. And we get to see more players, such as
Spoiler for possible future opponents for Witchblade:
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 12:46   Link #75
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Well, well! CBC has aired this week's episode in Nagoya, Japan and judging by the pics at futaba it will be hell as awesome.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Guido; 2006-05-22 at 10:55.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 13:06   Link #76
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well, well! CBC has aired this week's episode in Nagoya, Japan and judging by the pics at futaba it will be hell as awesome.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-27, 08:32   Link #77
JShaggy
I like CRABS!!

Send a message via AIM to JShaggy Send a message via Yahoo to JShaggy
I finally got around to watching Episode 4, and apart from what Guido already mentioned,

Spoiler for episode 4:

JShaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 20:08   Link #78
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Well, episode 4 was a lot more light-hearted that the previous ones. At least, Masane's part were.

But I loved Reina and her
Spoiler:

Still, the huge spilling-out boobs are still a bit preposterous and simply absurd. Does every single female main character have to be the same in this "department"?

All in all, a good episode, a lot simpler than usual, but the ending sorta made up for it.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 20:11   Link #79
shinga
kiyoubinbou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsume
Is anyone working on fansubbing this series? I know it's not getting very good reviews, but I'd still like to be able to watch it, and it does seem to be somewhat popular.
Somebody's subbing it... :O
shinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 23:43   Link #80
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsume
Is anyone working on fansubbing this series?
First episode is up. Thank you bakakozou and conclave for your hard work.

-> http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=31564
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote