AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2018-12-31, 15:47   Link #1
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majū Sensen Babylonia Anime General Discussion

Gilgamesh is getting his own spinoff," Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majū Sensen Babylonia"

https://twitter.com/FGOAP_ep7/status...uals%2F.141507
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-02, 17:14   Link #2
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Male or Female MC? I hope it's Female MC and she comes with max servants for kick ass fights (like what happened in Granblue Fantasy).
Old 2019-01-02, 17:17   Link #3
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Male or Female MC? I hope it's Female MC and she comes with max servants for kick ass fights (like what happened in Granblue Fantasy).
There was a short shot. It’s the male.
Old 2019-01-02, 17:22   Link #4
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
There was a short shot. It’s the male.
oh, sadness. I still hope he goes with max servants. Did the shot give away his servant roster?
Old 2019-01-02, 17:27   Link #5
bakato

Quote:
oh, sadness. I still hope he goes with max servants. Did the shot give away his servant roster?
It was just him and Mash walking to the palace.
Old 2019-01-02, 18:51   Link #6
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The MC will probably only have Mash as his servant. Although obviously others servants will pop in and become his allies, like in the first OVA.
Old 2019-01-03, 06:12   Link #7
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Its mostly MC, Mashu. Servants are those in the Babylonia chapter of FGO. Mods likely expect the FGO players to keep their mouths shut and not spoil it for those who have NEVER touched the game or any discussion related to it. I'd say one thing about it: IF any of you expected historical accuracy or following the Epic of Gilgamesh to the letter, its time to lower that expectation to the level of the Dead Sea.

Anybody who played Fate original VN, followed the extra materials and watched other entries should know by now that Nasu dont let the original stories, legends and myths dictate how he gonna write Servants. He uses them as basis to integrate them in his own universe. Think of the original Vampire the Masquerade that integrated elements of the old Bible in World of Darkness to give us one of the best urban gothic fantasy universes of the 1990s. So no need to turn a discussion toxic with Artoria this, Mulan that like how it happened back when Apocrypha aired.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-03, 06:58   Link #8
GDB

Rather than being a Gilgamesh spinoff, isn't this just the Babylonia singularity anime that they announced back in August?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-03, 07:40   Link #9
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Rather than being a Gilgamesh spinoff, isn't this just the Babylonia singularity anime that they announced back in August?
It is

*tencharacters*
Old 2019-01-03, 08:06   Link #10
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Its mostly MC, Mashu. Servants are those in the Babylonia chapter of FGO. Mods likely expect the FGO players to keep their mouths shut and not spoil it for those who have NEVER touched the game or any discussion related to it. I'd say one thing about it: IF any of you expected historical accuracy or following the Epic of Gilgamesh to the letter, its time to lower that expectation to the level of the Dead Sea.

Anybody who played Fate original VN, followed the extra materials and watched other entries should know by now that Nasu dont let the original stories, legends and myths dictate how he gonna write Servants. He uses them as basis to integrate them in his own universe. Think of the original Vampire the Masquerade that integrated elements of the old Bible in World of Darkness to give us one of the best urban gothic fantasy universes of the 1990s. So no need to turn a discussion toxic with Artoria this, Mulan that like how it happened back when Apocrypha aired.
I must have missed those discussions. Considering the servant roster for this anime if it follows the Singularity, then there's no way it is going to be historically accurate.
Old 2019-01-03, 11:56   Link #11
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The guy for asked to created the topic simply not aware what it is at all.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-03, 11:57   Link #12
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Actually despite the main plot of Babilonia having nothing to do with original legends, a lot of acurate lore regarding Sumer-Accad and mesoamerican mythology are mentioned here and there.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2019-02-16 at 13:47.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-08, 17:33   Link #13
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

https://anime.fate-go.us/
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-16, 12:33   Link #14
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
It was obvious it would be Gudao since it was him in the first movie.
Old 2019-03-23, 23:09   Link #15
MCAL

https://twitter.com/FGOAP_ep7/status...61239087554560

PV and Fall 2019 Premiere Date.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-23, 23:40   Link #16
Random14

So its confirmed for October. I guess it'll be El-Melloi case files in July then this series after that. Too bad its so far off, but here's hoping the quality will be good.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-24, 12:22   Link #17
bakato

Looking good. Coloring is strong, background is detailed, animation is quick, but I'm still trying to adjust to the distance between the eyes.
Old 2019-08-05, 10:40   Link #18
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Episode 0 came out. It's about Mash's backstory. It was pretty good overall.

Leonardo Da Vinci is super hot.
Old 2019-08-05, 22:51   Link #19
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
They did a good job with episode 0. It is a tough spot to try and adapt an arc in the middle of a story. So it was a smart move to do their best to give some background to the FGO story leading to Babylonia. But also making it an enjoyable episode beyond that. Bring the focus to Mash which is perfect. Through her we get to learn about the story, the setting, the stakes, and one of the main characters in this story.

Loli Mash going super badass awesome. I suppose you could summarize that sequence as "the servant we summoned for the demi-servant experiment didn't care to cooperate with us" .

Good focus on Mash, on Romani, and even a brief appearance by Da Vinci. The quick sequence near the end was both good to show the influences Mash has been exposed to...and to make me wish we could see some of these other arcs animated besides just the Camelot movie.
Old 2019-09-07, 17:27   Link #20
MCAL

https://www.animeherald.com/2019/09/...nime+Herald%29
Latest PV and Opening Song.

EDIT:https://twitter.com/pkjd8I8/status/1170565811183874048
Also looks like it will be 24 episodes.

Last edited by MCAL; 2019-09-08 at 15:28.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote