AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-12, 11:54   Link #1001
Tornadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Well, in one of recent diary entries at kyotoanimation.com they said that the animation work is finished. So, it's finished by the end of August. I highly doubt that they were finishing the Sighs by that time, so... yeah.

Said entry:
http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/haru.../20090904.html
It was finished LONG before then i think.

Maybe i'm just being optimistic hoping they are planning somthing...
Old 2009-09-12, 12:11   Link #1002
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Maybe i'm just being optimistic hoping they are planning somthing...
I want to be optimistic too, but with sneaky cryptic advertisment scheme, less-that-understandable design decisions which were not working to promote the series as well as they probably were intended...

Well, I just don't know what to think of it anymore.
Old 2009-09-12, 14:55   Link #1003
Tornadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
I want to be optimistic too, but with sneaky cryptic advertisment scheme, less-that-understandable design decisions which were not working to promote the series as well as they probably were intended...

Well, I just don't know what to think of it anymore.
Well what i'm hoping is this Rerun is to finish up all the holes Chronologically and boost Haruhi's fame/infamy before they pull their biggest hand (Disapperance).

I wouldn't give up hope yet. At least Book 10 is coming.
Old 2009-09-12, 15:11   Link #1004
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

All the holes are filled. Now the waiting game begins again. But now they have only one place to go...forward.
Old 2009-09-12, 15:13   Link #1005
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
All the holes are filled. Now the waiting game begins again. But now they have only one place to go...forward.
They could always do "Endless Eight: The Lost Years" and cover some other amount of loops that we didn't see. So there is another place to go... it's just a dark, lonely place that scares children and adults alike.
Old 2009-09-12, 15:14   Link #1006
Tornadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
They could always do "Endless Eight: The Lost Years" and cover some other amount of loops that we didn't see. So there is another place to go... it's just a dark, lonely place that scares children and adults alike.
That would be impossible at this point.

The staff just wouldn't do it i think. They have already stated it was a TOTAL failure.
Old 2009-09-12, 15:19   Link #1007
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadium View Post

The staff just wouldn't do it i think. They have already stated it was a TOTAL failure.
Bull. If the Endless Eight DVDs sell well, despite all the animosity, you better believe they'd be more than willing to do it. Having 70% of the episode plotted out beforehand everytime cuts costs and makes it insanely easier to produce.

Just because something isn't likely, or isn't sane, doesn't mean it's impossible.
Old 2009-09-12, 15:23   Link #1008
Tornadium

Quote:
Bull. If the Endless Eight DVDs sell well, despite all the animosity, you better believe they'd be more than willing to do it. Having 70% of the episode plotted out beforehand everytime cuts costs and makes it insanely easier to produce.

Just because something isn't likely, or isn't sane, doesn't mean it's impossible.

There is no doubt they will sell well (Or at least not poorly).

It's VERY VERY unlikely they would ever attempt to pull somthing like that again if they just narrowly dodged total failure the first time around.

Besides they know there is no profit in doing YET more endless eight.

Unless they are trying to totally kill Haruhi.
Old 2009-09-12, 15:25   Link #1009
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

KyoAni has never struck me as being crazy. They adapt source material well, and that is usually it. While not impossible, there would be no point in going back for more Endless Eight at this point. Unless they got creative about it with showing different things that happened (like the other five jobs, or the time they didn't go to the festival), which would require their creative department...and they know that department isn't up to the task.

So the only logical direction is forward.
Old 2009-09-12, 17:35   Link #1010
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Well...This rerun, There really wasn't all that much in terms of new content and they had clearly finished most of it before it was even aired (TMoHS Episode 1 i mean). They could have been working on a new season while this rerun was airing.

Possibility of november is still very much there.
...November is an odd start time for an anime, but I guess that you just never know with this animation studio. So, I guess that you could be right. This, then, would be the best-case scenario, agreed.

Quote:

Regrettably, I have to agree...

I do think that a Disappearance movie is more likely, but it wouldn't shock me to see "Endless Eight: The Lost Years", or something like that.
Old 2009-09-12, 19:58   Link #1011
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:

Correction; they said the DVDs are unlikely to sell. There is a difference. It would be like judging a painting's merits by how high a price it fetches at auction, rather than what it looks like. You can think it is a failure if you want, but KyoAni did not say that.
Old 2009-09-12, 20:05   Link #1012
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
Isn't that the case with most of everything? I'd say they started around Summer last year.
Someone else mentioned BLR was animated sometime in late 08/ early 09. When they storyboarded and did everything else isn't known.
Old 2009-09-13, 00:44   Link #1013
OkamiNoKaze

I still think maybe an 8 episode run of Endless 8 wasn't an initial idea, that perhaps they had various teams do a "failed" loop and the best would be the middle of one or two episodes of the story, and then perhaps they weren't happy with disappearance and the episodes afterward, and needed to rework them, they already had those episodes made so they made some quick tweaks used that instead
Old 2009-09-13, 00:58   Link #1014
SealkidHaruhiism
Haruhi Suzumiya rules!!

BLR = 3 years

Endless Eight = 8 episode

Sigh = Movie

Disappearance = December 18 or Disappear.
Old 2009-09-13, 01:00   Link #1015
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wouldn't be surprised by that one at least.
Old 2009-09-13, 01:02   Link #1016
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
I still think maybe an 8 episode run of Endless 8 wasn't an initial idea, that perhaps they had various teams do a "failed" loop and the best would be the middle of one or two episodes of the story, and then perhaps they weren't happy with disappearance and the episodes afterward, and needed to rework them, they already had those episodes made so they made some quick tweaks used that instead
Can't fit. There is just enough episodes left to fit the rest of the missing stories in Sigh after EE. Disappearance was never going to appear unless the series itself is CALLED Disappearance.
Old 2009-09-13, 02:09   Link #1017
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Disappearance was never going to appear unless the series itself is CALLED Disappearance.
The entire manga series, which already covered the Disappearance, is called "Melancholy".
Sighs are under "Melancholy" in anime, as well as everything else. By your logic it should have been called "Endless Eight of Haruhi Suzumiya".
"The Melancholy" is a much more recognizable brand than Haruhi's name alone.

Quote:
That's not how anime production works.
Old 2009-09-13, 04:50   Link #1018
Tornadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Correction; they said the DVDs are unlikely to sell. There is a difference. It would be like judging a painting's merits by how high a price it fetches at auction, rather than what it looks like. You can think it is a failure if you want, but KyoAni did not say that.
Well in the Business world everything is about money.

Lets face it Haruhi is a cash cow for them. There is a difference yes between those two but judging a painting (eg art) to an entertainment product based on YOUR interpretations isn't a fair comparrison.

In the Anime business Sales = Success.

If you think otherwise...Well for the love of god found an animation studio and do somthing based on art rather than pushing sales.
Old 2009-09-13, 05:22   Link #1019
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Well in the Business world everything is about money.

Lets face it Haruhi is a cash cow for them. There is a difference yes between those two but judging a painting (eg art) to an entertainment product based on YOUR interpretations isn't a fair comparrison.

In the Anime business Sales = Success.

If you think otherwise...Well for the love of god found an animation studio and do somthing based on art rather than pushing sales.
Say what you will, but you are still wrong about them saying EE is a total failure. They say it would be unlikely to sell. If you want to interpret that as failure, that's your right, but that's not what they said.
Old 2009-09-13, 05:44   Link #1020
Tornadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Say what you will, but you are still wrong about them saying EE is a total failure. They say it would be unlikely to sell. If you want to interpret that as failure, that's your right, but that's not what they said.
What could they possibly take out of Endless Eight which would be a success for a commercial company at this point?

If they announce Disappearance we can say they were trying to boost fame/infamy before they do the proper second season.

However for now we have absolutely no idea what they intend to accomplish with this.
Closed Thread