AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-29, 22:22   Link #101
Spartanz1170

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Nope, I believe it was a perfectly plausible theory, the bombs can't be too strong.

If the bombs were any stronger than that then those six would just be pieces lying everywhere.

I still say Battler's a lot smarter than a lot of people make him out to be.
A sound and Plausible theory but the question of "who did it?" remains unawnsered
Old 2011-01-03, 17:57   Link #102
kamuinoyume
OMAE WO SHINJIRU!

Battler is smart, and you people can't disapprove it simply based on the fact that he couldn't come up with plausible theories in the second game to satisfy your curiosity. I know I myself was pissed with some of the theories he spilled out in Turn, just because he was reluctant to accept the fact that one of his family members was psychotic enough to kill so many people with little to no remorse. I found that incredibly understandable, and was what drew me to his character and had me rooting for him, despite the fact that I always suspected the culprit was one of the 17 (Maria was excluded from the list since the very start in my opinion). But, in spite his handicap, he nearly solved the puzzle of the chapel back in ep 2 (and that bomb theories was great foreshadowing!).

And you people are forgetting an important fact here about Battler: Ryukishi couldn't make him Will Wright level smart, or the mystery of Umineko would have been solved in no time! And where would the fun in that be? He was an average level detective, but I still think he did a wonderful job by entertaining us with his wacky theories, which, sometimes, struck closer to the truth than we thought.

If you could not tell by now, I'm a HUGE Battler fan! He's by far my favorite character, and I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my post, but I just had to get that whole "why Battler is a worthy detective" thing off my chest.