AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 22 17.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 32.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 42 32.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 10.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.78%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-12, 08:38   Link #21
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

So that's how JC STAFF explain Yuji's level up: By having Mana Transfer...sorry, Memory Transfer with Hecate.

The anime also finally introduces the "Kaikin", the safety mechanism of the Reiji Maigo to prevent anyone from harming its host Mistes for a specific reason which I'll not spoil here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by difference with novel, non-spoiler
In novel volume 4, which details Shana's fight with the Aizen siblings (The goth-loli and shota siblings), as in the anime, when Sydonay (the guy with the shades) saw Yuji moving, he digs his hand inside Yuji. This is where the "Kaikin" first comes into action, severing Sydonay's arm (though Syd later grew a new one with ease).

Syd's severed arm then got absorbed by the Reiji Maigo, adding to Yuji's total HP, er, I mean total Power of Existence.

Last but not least, HECATE IN SAILOR FUKU!!!

At first I thought the only chance of seeing Hecate in a school uniform was in one of the sketches in series illustrator Ito Noiji's art corner at the end of novel Vol 8. Never would I think that JC STAFF would actually grant Ito her wish. (For those of you wondering, yes, schoolgirl Hecate is an anime original. )

(Ito has similar experience with another art sketch, showing a "manly" Yuji and a "girly" Shana, i.e. Shana and Yuji had their bodies swapped. Series author Takahashi Yashiro wrote a special short story for her, included in her Shana artbook, Guren. )

PS I LOL'ed when someone said the guy in the preview looked like that Zest knight in Nanoha StrikerS.
Old 2007-10-12, 11:36   Link #22
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
(Ito has similar experience with another art sketch, showing a "manly" Yuji and a "girly" Shana, i.e. Shana and Yuji had their bodies swapped. Series author Takahashi Yashiro wrote a special short story for her, included in her Shana artbook, Guren. )
Spoiler for for those interested:

actually would be pretty amusing if that ended up in the anime too.
Old 2007-10-12, 16:26   Link #23
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

*finishes watching episode 2*
Hecate-sama~

I wonder what Bal Masque is up to...

Spoiler for Hecate:

I've been waiting for this moment ever since that eyecatch in Shakugan no Shana-tan XD
Old 2007-10-12, 16:35   Link #24
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Spoiler for Hecate:
It'd be funny if she wasn't, because everyone here refers to her as Hecate while there is no definite proof.

Quote:
I've been waiting for this moment ever since that eyecatch in Shakugan no Shana-tan XD
So have I. So have I...

Well, just 6 more days, _ more hours, _ more seconds, etc.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2007-10-12 at 17:34.
Old 2007-10-12, 17:11   Link #25
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I'd be funny if she wasn't, because everyone here refers to her as Hecate while there is no definite proof.
Very true, since in season Marco (or was it Margery?) said that Tomogara can change their appearance...

Spoiler for Theory:

We'll soon find out...in a week or two
Old 2007-10-12, 20:52   Link #26
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

This is the first time in a long time where I'm extremely impatient for an episode >.<
Old 2007-10-13, 13:20   Link #27
sapphirearcz

Send a message via MSN to sapphirearcz
hmm looks like this series will be a mix of arcs and novel?? Until now i still did not see anything referring to the novel though.
Old 2007-10-13, 13:23   Link #28
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Hecate's good twin? i dont think so - that must be her O.O

after a face palm start things are back on track
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-10-13, 13:24   Link #29
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

*jumps up and down in anticipation* I wonder when the widescreen sub will come out each week.

I went back and watched the op for this season and the op from last...man what an improvement...

edit: Looks like it is out on eclipse

Last edited by DazarGaidin; 2007-10-13 at 16:59.
Old 2007-10-13, 17:51   Link #30
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well they finish up the dream episodes. Wilhelmina really went all out on poor Yuji. She was a little riled up because Shana was asking Yuji's mom for cooking lessons. Though it's explained why since Wilhelmina is like some people I know (bit of myself), only eat what comes out of the microwave or you pour hot water into it .

Certainly another battle of. Yoshida not understanding anything about Yuji's situation and the response of her loving him and that conquers all. Pretty sure Shana gets tempted a lot to just take the sword to her.

Seems like a Hecate clone turning up at the end. Metamorphosis did say not to do anything strange with her so it's hard to believe she'd be sent out there like that. Seeing her freeze in the preview adds doubts and leaves me wondering what is going on. Unless she's got nerves of steel and having Shana pointing a sword at her means nothing.
Old 2007-10-13, 17:54   Link #31
Eternal Haruhist

Send a message via MSN to Eternal Haruhist
I just saw SnS 13 again and when Sydonay "digs inside Yuji" and is interrupted by the other flame haze, he didnt lose his arm at all.
Old 2007-10-13, 17:57   Link #32
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Haruhist View Post
I just saw SnS 13 again and when Sydonay "digs inside Yuji" and is interrupted by the other flame haze, he didnt lose his arm at all.
That's because the anime modified this scene. which will deal some issues with Yuuji's "growth". (that's why they pulled "hecate influence" plot device to explain Yuuji's power)
In the novel, Sydonay somehow lost his arm and retreat, and the cut limb was left in Yuuji. (that's actually what kinny riddle says as anime completely skipped this important detail)
Old 2007-10-13, 18:10   Link #33
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Hecate's good twin? i dont think so - that must be her O.O

after a face palm start things are back on track
Spoiler:
Can you even call Hecate evil?
I haven't read the novel (so I don't know what happens), but according to the anime, all she wants is to find herself and fill that emptiness inside her...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That's because the anime modified this scene. which will deal some issues with Yuuji's "growth". (that's why they pulled "hecate influence" plot device to explain Yuuji's power)
In the novel, Sydonay somehow lost his arm and retreat, and the cut limb was left in Yuuji. (that's actually what kinny riddle says as anime completely skipped this important detail)
Didn't synchronizing with Hecate have a similar effect? And he did stay that way for quite some time
Alastor even commented about that in this episode...I'll have to check the subs to see what exactly did he talk about
Old 2007-10-13, 18:15   Link #34
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Didn't synchronizing with Hecate have a similar effect? And he did stay that way for quite some time
Alastor even commented about that in this episode...I'll have to check the subs to see what exactly did he talk about
No, and i will refer to Kinny's explanations:
Quote:
Originally Posted by difference with novel, non spoiler
In novel volume 4, which details Shana's fight with the Aizen siblings (The goth-loli and shota siblings), as in the anime, when Sydonay (the guy with the shades) saw Yuji moving, he digs his hand inside Yuji. This is where the "Kaikin" first comes into action, severing Sydonay's arm (though Syd later grew a new one with ease).

Syd's severed arm then got absorbed by the Reiji Maigo, adding to Yuji's total HP, er, I mean total Power of Existence.
as you can see with this, the difference is quite big, since the Reiji Maigo already used the Kaikin already.
That is actually already a trigger for the existence growth back in the Sorath/Tiriel arc, which is quite early compared to the anime.
If we add that yuuji absorbed sydonay existence (well a tidbit), it is quite a stimulant.

meanwhile, hecate explanations are still valid, but a bit more far fetched than this. It looks like the Kaikin was a bit too convenient there.
Old 2007-10-13, 20:28   Link #35
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well that was a great deal more entertaining then the first episode thats for sure...Bento full of melon pan...

And I could careless if thats the real hecate or not...Aslong as she has mamiko's fabulous voice i'll be enjoying her screen time immensely.

One last thing I enjoyed about this episode was giving poor yoshida alittle relevance to the story. Still don't think she stands a chance in hell with the guy though.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-10-13, 20:53   Link #36
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Can you even call Hecate evil?
I haven't read the novel (so I don't know what happens), but according to the anime, all she wants is to find herself and fill that emptiness inside her...
Well, she is a "tomogara/denizen" and can eat existence. So even if she isn't "evil" by nature, she can do "evil" if she wants.

Though she seems to rather like stay in her little room and pray instead (which really doesn't seem to do much...)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-10-13, 21:34   Link #37
kimchipride
Geass User

I don't get it. Why is my download so slow? I'm getting 1-3 kb/s mostly all the time. What is the problem? I usually get good download speeds when downloading other stuff. Any tips?
Old 2007-10-13, 22:02   Link #38
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchipride View Post
I don't get it. Why is my download so slow? I'm getting 1-3 kb/s mostly all the time. What is the problem? I usually get good download speeds when downloading other stuff. Any tips?
check The general "slow downloads" guide
Old 2007-10-13, 22:11   Link #39
prosnoopy

Great episode ^^. Cracked me up when Yuji had to eat all the bentos
Old 2007-10-13, 22:41   Link #40
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The bentos were great. Knew that if he left more of one of them he'd be in crap. So instead of having a girl mad at him just eat until you feel terrible .