AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-30, 01:16   Link #1601
X10A_Freedom

It must be me going on with my delusions again. But there was something about the body language when she gave that chocolate that did it...
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
X10A_Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 01:23   Link #1602
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Mmmmm, Minami-ke.

More love for the Broken.
Old 2009-06-30, 02:39   Link #1603
cicero

mmm...everything is still the same...well almost everything.
Spoiler for As if they weren't liberally available already...:

As always,
Fujioka=failure
Hosaka=failure (I felt so sorry for him at the end...)

Kana is probably the first ever doublethink tsundere. She maintains her tsun by temporarily deleting all memory of relevant things when the situation calls for it, then recovering it later. Similarly, Yoshino is the doublethink sadist ("Yoshino is a sadist" is the best line I've heard in a long time...).

New OP/ED song probably means another cd to sell soon...

All in all, a pretty good production. If it were part of the season proper, I'd say it's one of the best episodes of that season. I laughed quite a lot, and when they audio filtered Yoshino's laugh into an evil laugh, it slayed me. While the animation wasn't perfect (they apparently just couldn't avoid at least couple of errors...) it was noticeably better, with flashier effects, evil/serious faces, better drawn bust for Haruka... Isn't this putting the cart before the horse? Isn't the actual season supposed to be better than throwaway ovas? Or am I understanding the system wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X10A_Freedom
It must be me going on with my delusions again. But there was something about the body language when she gave that chocolate that did it...
Kana looks much better with her hair down. Not as mischievous, but better. So she's actually well on the path to being hot. Fujioka ain't crazy...at least not totally.

Last edited by cicero; 2009-06-30 at 13:26. Reason: Never mind that. I am crazy.
cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 10:03   Link #1604
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

So Kana can be embarrassed(and blushing) at the right moment. Fujioka, you are a lucky bastard !! Such innocent and cheerful girl is hard to find
However, pls remember to think twice before offer helps to a girl in hurry (at least you were not slapped this time)

Edit: Kana's "clueless" expression at Fujioka offer for helps each time was priceless ^^
Old 2009-06-30, 11:47   Link #1605
Mr Bland
Photographers are sexy.

Spoiler for WTF:

Pantsu? In MY Minami-ke? BLASPHEMY! UTTER BLASPHEMY!!!

I dunno. Hopefully this isn't a sign that this is the last episode ever, by gave last minute 'fan-service'...
Mr Bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 13:38   Link #1606
cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bland View Post
Spoiler for WTF:

Pantsu? In MY Minami-ke? BLASPHEMY! UTTER BLASPHEMY!!!

I dunno. Hopefully this isn't a sign that this is the last episode ever, by gave last minute 'fan-service'...
It might be, since as a point of fact (look very carefully):
Spoiler for Season 1, Episode 1:

It would be full circle and stuff.
This one was far more blatant though...
Old 2009-06-30, 15:12   Link #1607
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I enjoyed it, even without subs. The second meeting of Hosaka and Chiaki...joy. If he ever makes his move, Chiaki will approve him for Haruka.
Old 2009-07-01, 16:34   Link #1608
HandofFate

I love Kana's "?" noises.
along with the OVA moments near the end and the hotspring one remain of my favorite Kana moments.

Not particularly sure on why Kana started blushing a little, was it from embarrassment she forgot it was Valentines Day? I thought she didn't put any weight into the actual day.
Old 2009-07-02, 00:21   Link #1609
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Was that Christmas chololate she gave him?
Old 2009-07-02, 08:35   Link #1610
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Was that Christmas chololate she gave him?
no, if you look closely, that little decoration on the wrapper of the bar does say "St. Valentine" with a heart of two on it, lol. Guess Kana didn't even notice that to clue her in.
Old 2009-07-02, 15:03   Link #1611
cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Not particularly sure on why Kana started blushing a little, was it from embarrassment she forgot it was Valentines Day? I thought she didn't put any weight into the actual day.
Think about it. Giving someone chocolate on Valentine's Day is apparently considered a combination of expressing romantic interest and promising to accept if asked out. Even if you personally couldn't care less, if you somehow accidentally did so, like Kana did, then you still sent the social signal, regardless of whether you meant it. That's fairly blush-worthy. Especially since I'm pretty sure that Kana, in her heart of hearts, knows exactly what Fujioka's feelings are.

Personally, what really got me about that scene was Keiko's reaction. You could tell she was getting all set to fangirl about Kana x Fujioka...only to have it totally destroyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
no, if you look closely, that little decoration on the wrapper of the bar does say "St. Valentine" with a heart of two on it, lol. Guess Kana didn't even notice that to clue her in.
To be fair, it is really hard to notice.

I also recommend that people do what I did accidentally, and watch Haruhi, Minami-ke, and Valkyria back-to-back-to-back. Every Hosaka scene gave disturbing reminders of Itsuki, and every Alicia scene aggravated Kana withdrawal.
Old 2009-07-02, 18:07   Link #1612
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Still waiting for Itsuki to laugh like Hosaka.

I could look all that closely, I just saw what looked like a green and red pattern on the wrapper which usually means Christmas in the United States...they use larger red and pink hearts for Valentine's Day...usually.
Old 2009-07-04, 20:47   Link #1613
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler for Dessert:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 17:25   Link #1614
Midonin
Last Engage

There was a new music release for the franchise today. The Character Song Best Album. The first disc is the highlight, as everything on the second was already released.

The OP and ED to the OVA are included, as well as songs by each of the school trios and Hosaka's curry song. Catchy little number, that is.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 17:36   Link #1615
cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
There was a new music release for the franchise today. The Character Song Best Album. The first disc is the highlight, as everything on the second was already released.

The OP and ED to the OVA are included, as well as songs by each of the school trios and Hosaka's curry song. Catchy little number, that is.
Most important part emphasized.
Old 2009-07-23, 00:56   Link #1616
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

A song that brough back much giggling...even before he started singing it. Just that we were getting a Hosaka Fantasy was enough...the song made it better.
Old 2009-08-08, 12:28   Link #1617
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The show might be over, but there seems to still be life in the fanbase via Saimoe.
Chiaki is in the second round. Kana just beat K-on's Mio (weird), and Haruka is up today.
Old 2009-08-08, 19:45   Link #1618
cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The show might be over, but there seems to still be life in the fanbase via Saimoe.
Chiaki is in the second round. Kana just beat K-on's Mio (weird), and Haruka is up today.
Kana winning over Mio seems like one of those "Strategic" votes or kyoani hate votes which saimoe is notorious for. Because let's face it, Mio is more popular.
How far did they get last year? I seem to recall they got to the last 16 or something and then all bowed out in the same round (touma and uchida died earlier somewhere).
Old 2009-08-08, 20:07   Link #1619
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The three sisters made it to the third round (of 32 I guess). Fuuko from Clannad beat Haruka 835 - 709, Kyou from Clannad beat Kana 1031 - 741, and Chiaki lost to Tamaki from Bamboo Blade 768 - 588 (yes I looked it up).

Yoshino and Touma were knocked out in the first round while Uchida [236 votes] was knocked out in the second round against Lucky Star's Kagami [734] (overall winner), and Mizore [150] from Rosario and Vampire. All did fairly well in their groups. Got at least second place in groups of three.

Now that I look it up, Kana had the mos votes at of all the Minami-ke characters. Though after Okaeri I suspect Chiaki will do better than last year. (Of course Haruka is known for defeating the standing champion of 2007, Rika Furude by one vote).
Old 2009-08-08, 20:27   Link #1620
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Their best chance in the competition would be Mako-chan.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life