AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-25, 22:46   Link #3101
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Heck, even if Kuroko is in Accelerator position where Aiwass make LO coma, Kuroko will use her ability to the extend to teleport to Russia straight away, then England to find Index.
- But, wouldn't she have to know WHERE in Russia to Teleport to? So, unless she has detailed ideas of the location and it's relative point time and space-wise, I think Kuroko just jumping to Russia (it's a big place!)...might not work too well.
Old 2010-05-25, 22:49   Link #3102
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Can someone take the time out and explain to me why Touma is in Russia right now and WWIII is about to break out? From watching the anime I never would have thought the plot of this series would be on a scope like this.
Old 2010-05-25, 23:20   Link #3103
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- But, wouldn't she have to know WHERE in Russia to Teleport to? So, unless she has detailed ideas of the location and it's relative point time and space-wise, I think Kuroko just jumping to Russia (it's a big place!)...might not work too well.
I like how you seriously use thee logic for this joke post.
Old 2010-05-26, 01:16   Link #3104
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Can someone take the time out and explain to me why Touma is in Russia right now and WWIII is about to break out? From watching the anime I never would have thought the plot of this series would be on a scope like this.
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-26, 01:30   Link #3105
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

What should happen in the anime is far from the World War Three Arc, as we would have the
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amakusa Arc
Kaori suddenly vanishes after the events in Angel Fall and is reported to have been taken to the headquarters of the Amakusa Remix Style of Church, where she is supposed to be the next leader.
and
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daihasei Mini-Arc
As the biggest sporting event in Academy City begins, characters from across the globe begin their advance. Touma will be faced by problems not only regarding the safety of his classmates and friends, but also by the tension brought by the arrival of her parents and their meeting with the Electromaster's.
which is connected to the extensive
Quote:
Originally Posted by God's Right Seat Super-Arc
One of the biggest events to rock the world of Toaru Majutsu no Index, Touma finds himself forced to leave Academy City in search of Index, who has been taken away from a Vatican-based organization called God's Right Seat.
The Third World War Super Arc would be after the God's Right Seat Super Arc.
And I even heard somewhere that the light novels won't be ending for a long time.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-05-26, 01:46   Link #3106
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
The Third World War Super Arc would be after the God's Right Seat Super Arc.
And I even heard somewhere that the light novels won't be ending for a long time.
I think I remembered somewhere mentioning in which indicates that as of Vol 20 of the novels we are just halfway into the Index series... which was planned to end at Volume 40... (for a light novel series, that is FREAKING LONG!)

Unfortunately I forgot where that was...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-05-26, 01:57   Link #3107
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Honestly, this will be the longest light novel series I would read.
And I thought Shana is already long. It's just at most 23-25 volumes long.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-05-26, 05:14   Link #3108
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Yeah I also want the patch, a friend of me showed me this EG a time ago but so far I can't understand 90% of text @_@;;;;... many scenes reminds me of Hellsing.

Guys we are going off topic....again .
Well, I brought it up for a point. As I think that game actually did what Crowley is trying to do. It kinda demonstrates what is going to happen when your personal reality gets too big and too the point of damning rest of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
BTW: who's the guy in your avatar?
Mercurius, the equivalent of Crowley in that game. Their methodology is just too similar to be true. Which basically promotes the birth of a new world through ego-centrism.
Old 2010-05-26, 06:24   Link #3109
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

speaking of personal realities, i think i've got a theory on why exactly magic and ESP don't mix other than just shrugging it off with the long abused, vague line of "because it's magic and science so they clash", since Chaos2Frozen already brought up the "Book of the Law = AIM grimoire" theory we discussed some time ago.

-"ESP" is the "implementation of one's reality into the this dimension", and continues to be so as evidenced by the AIM dispersion field emitted by anyone with aptitude in ESP.
-"Magic", on the hand, is the "adaptation of the formulae of [another dimension] into [this plane]", and uses Telesma drawn from this "other dimension" for it to work.

The "adaptation of the formulae of [another world] into [this world]" is in direct conflict of "implementation of one's reality into this dimension", so any conflict between the two, whether it be the "formula"(spells) or the "medium"(telesma) into a "personal reality" would result in a volatile reaction, and that's my take on the mutilative effects of doing both at the same time.

Last edited by Nya~n; 2010-05-26 at 08:12.
Old 2010-05-26, 07:13   Link #3110
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

My theory is somewhat similar though there is one difference, I'm call it out before the inevitable canon revelation

AIM is a type of 'magic', a power that is not natural to the world. The teachings of Thelema is somewhat a 'religion', but the difference is that Thelema doesn't worship any God or Deities, instead it's teachings are purely about self and that is where we have the 'Personal Reality' business, and if I'm not reading it wrongly, Thelema is also trying to tie religion with science.

Or maybe Science is a tool to simply ease people into using the power?

Anyway the rest is similar, The two teachings are in direct conflict with each other and hence causes violent results.
Old 2010-05-26, 08:35   Link #3111
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I still think magic = ESP (ease ppl into using an older power is very plausible), and that violent reaction is because Aleister spiked the Curriculum somehow.

Again I'm thinking in terms of Fullmetal Alchemist, and that theory has even less legs to stand on than anything else in this thread so far...
Old 2010-05-26, 11:53   Link #3112
Miraluka
Banned

Spoiler for Vol.20 Fiamma vs Touma + Lessar + Elizarina:

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-05-26 at 12:33.
Old 2010-05-26, 12:41   Link #3113
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Question, how/why did Touma and Lessar end up in Elizerina? Did they receive info on where Sasha is? Or was there other reasons involved?
Old 2010-05-26, 13:00   Link #3114
Miraluka
Banned

Both hi-jacked a supplies transport which was on the way to Elizarina.

Spoiler for To Tsunade666 about Lessar::
Old 2010-05-26, 13:37   Link #3115
tsunade666

thanks for the info about lessar.... and I'm just getting busy and busy each day that I couldn't even read a little book.

Aside that, did I read it right? 30 - 40 KM? not M?

I thought it's only in the range of M not KM, if it's KM then I'm looking at a mountain size fire sword.
Old 2010-05-26, 13:46   Link #3116
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
thanks for the info about lessar.... and I'm just getting busy and busy each day that I couldn't even read a little book.

Aside that, did I read it right? 30 - 40 KM? not M?

I thought it's only in the range of M not KM, if it's KM then I'm looking at a mountain size fire sword.
Yeah, its right, I thought at first that it was M, but then I got the confirmation .
Old 2010-05-26, 19:21   Link #3117
pampz21
ShipCore

Q> did the light novel explain more about IB?>>....cuz it was bad ass....stopping a 40 km fire sword with only 40-60 inch hand would be overkill!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-05-26, 20:28   Link #3118
giorno

well, his arm went numb after that and he could barely move from the pain for most of the fight...but yeah, it IS hax...
Old 2010-05-26, 22:51   Link #3119
dragonlord9

I WANT TO HELP TRANSLATING TO ARU NO INDEX NOVEL AT Baka-Tsuki Project. I ALREADY TRANSLATED A BIT OF VOLUME 8 IN ENGLISH. BUT WHAT MUST I DO TO BECOME A TRANSLATOR AT Baka-Tsuki Project? CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?
Old 2010-05-26, 22:55   Link #3120
tsunade666

oh great a translator!!!!

you should visit their forum and register for the project. The editors their would help you on your way

The ability is over HAX!!! but at the same time it's the only one left and only reason for him to stay alive despite fighting and over HAX!!! opponent too.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen