AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 235 66.01%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 79 22.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 7.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 1.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.28%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.28%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 1.40%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-21, 06:05   Link #261
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
Great episode. Festival episodes really make me happy and I don't know why. Anyway, those songs played were really good and I wasn't expecting to enjoy them, so that was a nice surprise.

The best part was the scene with Haruhi and Kyon at the end. They look so great together.

This is the first time I give an episode from this series 10/10.
Old 2006-06-21, 07:03   Link #262
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Spoiler for aliens:
[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Sorry to kill your fun, but they're just costumes. Remember Yuki's explaination in episode 5. Humans were the first organic entities to develop higher order intelligence. Prior to that, only the data entities possessed it. As such, they could not have been aliens unless they were sent as interface terminals by the data entities, in which case, they would look like humans.
I'm afraid to say you're not necessarily correct either. I was intrigued after seeing that screenshot, since I've read volume 2, which chronicles the making of Haruhi's movie during the school festival.

Here's a translated excerpt from the epilogue of volume 2. (FreakOfNature is supposed to do the second half, but as I'm still working on the first half, it's obviously not translated yet)

Spoiler for strange people in school - volume 2 epilogue:

There is a small possibility these guys in the screenshots are genuinely aliens, maybe different from Yuki's data entities. Since it is the school festival where everyone wears weird costumes, they would blend perfetly in the background while secretly observing Haruhi. Maybe the MIBs from Koizumi's and Mikuru's organizations can be seen as well.
Old 2006-06-21, 07:07   Link #263
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle

There is a small possibility these guys in the screenshots are genuinely aliens, maybe different from Yuki's data entities. Since it is the school festival where everyone wears weird costumes, they would blend perfetly in the background while secretly observing Haruhi. Maybe the MIBs from Koizumi's and Mikuru's organizations can be seen as well.
I`m scared. Really.
Old 2006-06-21, 07:15   Link #264
Trax
Rock beats scissors

A laid back episode, mainly filled with subtle humor. Stuff like the huge line of guys all with glasses at the fried soba costume cafe, Yuki's fortune telling, girls fawning over Itsuki no matter what nonsense he's talking about, and Kyon's remarks throughout. Although my favorite part was Kyon's baffled look when Haruhi was performing, he just couldn't believe it. Haruhi's selflessness was certainly unprecedented. Still, overall it didn't make a huge impression on me so an 8 will have to do.
Old 2006-06-21, 07:24   Link #265
Boxy-
Haruhi-ist

Its rare than an anime episode can keep a smile on my face the entire time im watching, and afterwards leave me with a profound happiness and satisfaction. The episode in a way makes you question what your doing with your life and if its making you happy. I gave it a 9, but thinking it over i probably should of gave it a 10.
Old 2006-06-21, 07:36   Link #266
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxy-
Its rare than an anime episode can keep a smile on my face the entire time im watching, and afterwards leave me with a profound happiness and satisfaction. The episode in a way makes you question what your doing with your life and if its making you happy. I gave it a 9, but thinking it over i probably should of gave it a 10.
Yeah, its the same with me. I left me with a smile on my face and inside of me too. Its rather strange actually.
Old 2006-06-21, 09:38   Link #267
pokemon123
Puri puri puri puri..BANG

I would have given this episode 11/10 if not for the limitations...

I love this episode to the core!

Uh. How many more episodes does this anime have left?
Old 2006-06-21, 09:43   Link #268
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemon123
I would have given this episode 11/10 if not for the limitations...

I love this episode to the core!

Uh. How many more episodes does this anime have left?
two more, Haruhi-order episode 5~6.

At least, they better. If episode 6 is a DVD-only release, there's going to be a riot.
Old 2006-06-21, 09:48   Link #269
M.D. Geist

Just a quick note :

On ~ 7:05 (afk) or 7:15 (raw) theres someone performing a

GERMAN SUPLEX !!!
Old 2006-06-21, 10:22   Link #270
pokemon123
Puri puri puri puri..BANG

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.D. Geist
Just a quick note :

On ~ 7:05 (afk) or 7:15 (raw) theres someone performing a

GERMAN SUPLEX !!!

Um, it's not a german suplex... It's just lying down on his head and legs. Onizuka from GTO also does it sometimes. It's just a way of stretching or relaxation or showing off.
Old 2006-06-21, 10:36   Link #271
LCeh

One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet, at least from what I have read, is that at the beginning of the ep, all the people that were watching the film had glasses. I think this was supposed to hint that they were all otakus.
Old 2006-06-21, 10:41   Link #272
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, I don't wear glasses
Old 2006-06-21, 11:07   Link #273
DaFool
Resident devil

Forgive me if this has been mentioned before as this thread is going by too fast, but if I had the money I would commission KyoAni to produce an OVA just starring the bass guitarist and drummer.... gosh they are just too cute, and uber cool to boot.
Not many girl bands (especially those who compose music) where I live...I just know Kitchie Nadal http://www.kitchienadal.com/about.htm and even she has not made me go moe~

Anyways, damn uber cute episode.
Old 2006-06-21, 11:12   Link #274
Anime Online

It seems one of the audience watching "The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina" is a member of the Computer Society.

And I have a feeling all those rolls of poster some of the audience are holding are related to the movie, or rather to Mikuru in particular.

Old 2006-06-21, 11:56   Link #275
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Detail. Stunning detail. A perfect 10 from me. If there's no limit, I would give this 25/10, which is more than I gave for episode 10 (a 20/10).

1. Tsuruya-san: Simply genkiness to the max, you can feel it.

2. Build-up to the performance: Really liked the little details KyoAni puts into this.

3. The performance itself: The songs are amazing. I'm guessing Hirano Aya deliberately sang a bit off-key for both songs (in line with the novels), but it's barely noticeable. Nice animation of Haruhi singing and sweating and Yuki looking nothing but awesome with her elite guitar skills. Yuki looks cool as well standing silently in that wizard hat and cloak, I'm so going to make an avatar out of that.

4. All sorts of weird people around school, ("aliens", and Hard Gay! ), and the same bestacled army that went from watching Mikuru's movie to visiting her stall. (Kyon, Taniguchi and Kunikida seemed to be the only "normal" guys visiting. )

5. The rain: Notice how the rain drips off Koizumi's costume as he had to walk through the rain to get to the concert hall.

This chapter is from volume 6, aptly titled "Suzumiya Haruhi no Douyou", "Douyou" means "trembling", "moving". I feel Haruhi being emotionally moved more in this adaptation than in the novel. Ever since she met Kyon, she has changed for the better, and it is a good thing.

The wrap up to the episode's end is also very good, this would make a better series finale than Someday in the Rain.
Old 2006-06-21, 12:00   Link #276
Lost

I wonder if KyoAni consulted HG on this. Which makes me wonder if he will do an episode on this. Like going to KyoAni's studios and making a "I-want-my-own-Anime-series-hoooooooo~!" scene.
Old 2006-06-21, 12:01   Link #277
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well the level of detail is phenomenal. My anime perception will never be the same again
Old 2006-06-21, 12:05   Link #278
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Well, I don't wear glasses
The really odd thing is that you'd think contacts would be more prevalent --- do these guys wear glasses to "fit in"???? or is it a screwiness of the japanese healthcare system that contacts are considered luxuries?

I'm one of those people with vision so bad I can't tell your gender at arms length --- so contacts are a wonderful miracle for me and they're cheaper than glasses.
Old 2006-06-21, 12:06   Link #279
Marwin

I think the episode was great. I really enjoyed the Haruhi-Kyon part towards the end. As previously mentioned I don't think Haruhi was out of character at all. Obviously she had to be a more complex character than seen at the beggining of the series and now we get to see a new and diffrent side of her. I also think the music was great. She really can sing. And she looks great in that bunny suit. And Mikuru in the maid costume was amazing.
Old 2006-06-21, 12:07   Link #280
martino
makes no files now

Strange...but did Haruhi's voice change from this episode on?

*goes to his doctor*

This is the first time I heard her speak seriously...I mean not speaking "crap"...when she was resting under that tree.