AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-12, 23:34   Link #1
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISML Comissioner
UPDATE: DECEMBER 6, 2008
The International Saimoe League has concluded its 2008 season and plans for 2009 are already underway. If you would like to look back at the 2008 season, please read on until the end.

The 2009 thread will be started sometime during the Christmas Season.
UPDATE: APRIL 10, 2008

Saimoé - a word that can be divided into two parts: the former, meaning ultimate, and the latter, derived from the verb "moeru", to burn with passion.

Since 2002, the Saimoe contest generated beautiful battles, as thousands of anime-lovers around the world gave their all to ensure that their favorite girl will win. This prestigious battle has long since defined the term "moé". Champions from young girls emerged, and they gave way to glory. In 2006, this prestigious contest became even more prestigious, expanding from the land of the Rising Sun to lands from the four corners of the world. Not only did Japan garner attention, but so did Korea, and for the past couple of years, the contest has become unique, one of a kind contest that has long since given attention to names - names that will be inscribed in Saimoe history forever.

However, Saimoe tournaments of Korea and Japan have also received much criticism from the disappointed. The single-elimination tournaments held in Japan and Korea were decided at random, and while only the best were able to enter, randomized pairings shattered dreams of many, and raised hopes for others. In the end, only the best of all girls survived.

Now, it is time for the innovation, the experience and the glory of the new age. 64 have been chosen to take part in the first round robin league, where the top 16 girls will move on to the double-elimination tournament for one of the most prestigious titles in the world. Now, 63 matches await each. All that is left now is to do battle. With a immensely elite field, many questions remain to be answered.

Is Clannad the new dominance in Saimoé, or does that feat still belong to Hayate no Gotoku?

Can old-timer Cardcaptor Sakura actually compete with the new girls?

Could Haruhi Suzumiya finally get that elusive Saimoé tiara, or will China champion Konata Izumi stop her very idol?

Will Suiseiseki bring Rozen Maiden back from the void to win her third title, or will Shana join her greatest rival as a multi-champion?

This is the first year we're running this special event! Now go make a difference!

We are currently looking for help to run this league, such as technical support (resume required), character profile writers, and especially translators, namely, translators fluent in Japanese, Korean, and Chinese. If anyone is interested, PM me or e-mail me at hendrickfan66@yahoo.com.

Various AnimeSuki members have agreed to help out with the character profiles. Profile pics are still out there, so if you want to help out, qtipbrit92 has left psd instructions on how to do them.

Spoiler for AnimeSuki's contestant profile pictures current assignments:

By the way, by moderator rules, there have been some additional rules for this particular thread.

General Rules:
  • Absolutely no campaign posts allowed.
    This includes posts containing ANY campaign verbiage whether in whole or in part. Contributing to the debate is encouraged, provided you do NOT add "VOTE ABCD!!!" (or similar to the post itself). Simply rebutting another's post or opinion with "XYZ sucks" is totally unacceptable.
    To be clear:
  • Please do not create a post with the sole purpose to campaign for a character!
  • Do not add “VOTE FOR XYZ CHARACTER!!” anywhere in your post even if the intent isn't to purely campaign.
    We want intelligent, decent and fun discussions about the weekly Rounds and the subsequent winners & losers.
  • No Image campaigning.
    Do not create a post with an image or collage representation of a campaign poster. In other words: a PhotoShopped image of the character you want people to vote for with “vote for” text added to it.

Posting Etiquette:
  • Please do not cross post information about this tournament in other AnimeSuki threads.
    Keep all Anime Saimoe Tournament posts, campaigns, character information, voting links, etc., within this thread only or in your signature (signature size limits still apply).
  • No "meta-posting".
    Meaning: posting about another poster, the thread or about another post itself, is forbidden and will be deleted on-the-spot, regardless of intention. If you want to comment about another poster that’s off-topic and/or personal, send them a PM.
  • Any flame-baiting will be deleted and those people banned.
    Please keep the thread positive, fun and clean. If your choice doesn’t win the Round and you can’t discuss the fact without complaining, swearing and baiting people into arguments, then don’t post.
  • Do not create image only posts.
    You can, however, include an image with your discussion. If you want to visually support the character you’re voting for then please do so in the context of your original discussion and use only one or two images. We would encourage the use of “thumbnails” if possible (and please, no large images). PM the mods if you need help with posting thumbnail images.
This thread has been approved by Klashikari

Last edited by minhtam1638; 2008-12-07 at 02:42.
Old 2008-01-13, 17:31   Link #2
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
I guess there's a whole month to wait now....
A whole month to spread the news. Since this is the first year that we are doing this, I am interested in how this plays out as well. I hope to get a turnout of 500 voters at least, and if it does reach 3000, hello success! That being said, here were my nominations before I released the nomination forms:

5 - Ayu Tsukimiya (Kanon) - I was looking at some previous statistics from Saimoe and Korea Best Moe 2007 as research for character profiles, and if there were any contestants with the potential to make some success, it has to be Ayu, hands down. She alone has garnered a lot of attention outside of Kanon, being referred to by many references. She had the potential to reach at least the top 16, which was the initial qualifier for this tournament, and was shot down by Eruruu by only 46 votes in Saimoe's second round. A bad drawing in Korea also kept her out of it, as she was beaten by the one and only Suiseiseki by only 84 votes. Ayu is the only girl not in this tournament that has lost to Suiseiseki by less than 200 votes. Therefore, she NEEDS to get in this.

4 - Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) - Sorry, I got hit by a trance spell. She's just so moe...

3 - Saber (Fate/Stay Night) - Being that this is an international league, I do kind of feel guilty for leaving China's Saimoe out of this. However, due to lack of international participation, I could not include China's Saimoe to qualify here. Because Saber finished in the top 4, I thought I might as well give her some recognition.

2 - Runa Edomae (Seto no Hanayome) - She's not well known to me personally, since I really never see her in action given I have never watched this series, but she did beat eventual Korea champion Hinagiku Katsura by only 29, and also competed intensely with '05 Japan Champ Nanoha Takamichi before losing by 44. That's enough potential to get her into this league.

1 - Sakura Kinamoto (Cardcaptor Sakura) - '02 champ. Started off Saimoe history. I think she needs to get in as well.
Old 2008-01-13, 19:50   Link #3
Jaden

Okay, let's do this...

5 pts- Aaeru (Simoun). This is the longest shot of my nominations, so I'll give her the most points.

4 pts- Ayano Kannagi (Kaze no Stigma). Out of all pyro girls (personal fetish of mine) she has the best chances. Go Ayano!

3 pts- Shion Yasuoka (Shion no Ou).

2 pts- Chika Ogiue (Genshiken). These two have two forms of unexplainable charm. I'll nominate 'em for originality's sake.

1 pt- Kyou Fujibayashi (Clannad). Can't ignore the ever-perfect KyoAni works, no matter how overpopular they are. Here's to my favourite Clannad girl.
Old 2008-01-13, 21:46   Link #4
alphastickmania
Stick Figure

Ok... I nominated...

5 - Nagisa / Clannad

4 - Kyou / Clannad

3 - Kotomi / Clannad

2 - Suzu / Nagasarete Airantou

1 - Mei Mei / Nagasarete Airantou

I voted like that because I did not want to use thinking power. I liked those characters anyway so random pick. XD

Btw, minhtam2448, browser issue. I used Firefox to look up the site and it's alright. So no more problems there. (wtf, IE7)
Old 2008-01-13, 22:12   Link #5
DarkBelerofonte
The Last of Omega Clan

5 Points Sakura Kinomoto Card Captor Sakura
What else can i say? it's Sakura... Kawaii...

4 Points Kagami Hiiragi Lucky Star

3 Points Mikuru Asahina Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu

2 Points Ayu Tsukimiya Kanon (2006)

1 Points Kyou Fujibayashi Clannad

4 out 5 from KyoAni
Old 2008-01-13, 22:19   Link #6
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBelerofonte View Post
5 Points Sakura Kinomoto Card Captor Sakura
What else can i say? it's Sakura... Kawaii...

4 Points Kagami Hiiragi Lucky Star

3 Points Mikuru Asahina Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu

2 Points Ayu Tsukimiya Kanon (2006)

1 Points Kyou Fujibayashi Clannad

4 out 5 from KyoAni
Edited my first post to include a third rule... I knew I forgot something.

Kagami Hiiragi and Mikuru Asahina are dead nominations, since both characters have already qualified in this tournament via a top 16 finish in the Korea tournaments. I'm looking at the nomination results right now, so if you re-submit with the same IP address, I'll fill in the 4 and 3 points for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphastickmania View Post
Btw, minhtam2448, browser issue. I used Firefox to look up the site and it's alright. So no more problems there. (wtf, IE7)
First rule of the internet: NEVER use Internet Explorer! But thanks for telling me. I'll make a note of that on the website so people won't have any problems.
Old 2008-01-13, 22:25   Link #7
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

5 - Nagisa / Clannad

4 - Kyou / Clannad

3 - Kallen Stadtfeld / Code Geass

2 - Sonozaki Shion / Higurashi

1 - Saber / Fate/Stay Night
Old 2008-01-14, 03:29   Link #8
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Mintham

Grats, your efforts paid off.

here's my list of nominations:

5 pts - Asami Hoshino (Myself; Yourself)
4 pts - Nanaka Yatsushiro (Myself; Yourself)
3 pts - Matsuri Shihou (sola)
2 pts - Aono Morimiya (sola)
1 pt. - Ayu Tsukimiya (Kanon 2006)
Old 2008-01-14, 04:17   Link #9
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by -boiledliddo- View Post
@Mintham

Grats, your efforts paid off.

here's my list of nominations:

5 pts - Asami Hoshino (Myself; Yourself)
4 pts - Nanaka Yatsushiro (Myself; Yourself)
3 pts - Matsuri Shihou (sola)
2 pts - Aono Morimiya (sola)
1 pt. - Ayu Tsukimiya (Kanon 2006)
Whoa, now, the nominations have started and are stable right now (60 nominations so far), but I still have a lot of work to do, i.e. character profiles, forum administrating, writing out the rules, making sure everything is stable, stuff like that. I hope to have the website complete by the end of February.
Old 2008-01-14, 04:20   Link #10
Kinohara

Old 2008-01-14, 04:56   Link #11
Khaos

Old 2008-01-14, 05:54   Link #12
alphastickmania
Stick Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Whoa, now, the nominations have started and are stable right now (60 nominations so far), but I still have a lot of work to do, i.e. character profiles, forum administrating, writing out the rules, making sure everything is stable, stuff like that. I hope to have the website complete by the end of February.
Get more help. ^^
Old 2008-01-14, 05:54   Link #13
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

Minhtam2448, try notifying anime blog owners about this. They have the best means to let the news spread.

Spoiler for My picks:
Old 2008-01-14, 06:48   Link #14
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphastickmania View Post
Get more help. ^^
Personally, I'm trying. Somebody in the ISML forums who signed up PMed me for a moderator job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytrus View Post
Minhtam2448, try notifying anime blog owners about this. They have the best means to let the news spread.

Spoiler for My picks:
That was what was suggested by Psieye and company when they tried to plan an International Saimoe. I'll look around to see if I can find any. Of course, if you know some, PM me.

EDIT: Alright, I've contacted five. Let's see if they spread the word.

And personally, I want to see Sakura vs. Suiseiseki myself. Not only that, but her parallel self, Tsubasa Chronicle's Sakura, already initially qualified. The young meet the old.

Oh, and one more thing, if you have been following the Anime Saimoe 2007 Tournament Proper thread in the last few weeks, you knew that I was holding off character profiles until the nomination form was set up. As it turns out, I'm back to writing them. Fate Testarossa's profile is finished, as is her individual schedule.

Last edited by minhtam1638; 2008-01-14 at 07:17.
Old 2008-01-14, 06:54   Link #15
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
5 pts - Hanyuu (Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai)
4 pts - Kyou Fujibayashi (Clannad)
3 pts - Haruka Minami (Minami-ke)
2 pts - Matsuri Shihou (sola)
1 pt. - Chiaki Minami (Minami-ke)
Old 2008-01-14, 10:27   Link #16
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
5 pts - Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad)
4 pts - Kyou Fujibayashi (Clannad)
3 pts - Saber (Fate/Stay Night)
2 pts - Chiaki Minami (Minami-ke)
1 pt. - Hanyuu (Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni)
Old 2008-01-14, 11:51   Link #17
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Been a few days since I nominated. Lessee... it was... Aono, Ayasaki Hermione (aka Hayate), Guchiko, Hanyuu and... forgot the 5th one. My Moe Radar is currently pointing towards RosenKreuzStilette and Touhou, so it's been hard to think of anime characters.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2008-01-14, 12:00   Link #18
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

5 pts- Sakura Kinomoto (Cardcaptor Sakura) -easily the most kawaii character ever
4 pts- Tomoyo Daidōji (cardcaptor Sakura)
3 pts- Kaede Fuyou (Shuffle!)
2 pts- Ama Shigure (Shuffle!)
1 pt- Kyou Fujibayashi (Clannad)
Old 2008-01-14, 12:33   Link #19
Drakarst
Dark Star Rising

5 pts - Soryu Asuka Langley (Evangelion)
4 pts - Ichinose Kotomi (Clannad)
3 pts - Kuwahara Sayako (Bamboo Blade)
2 pts - Kawazoe Tamaki (Bamboo Blade)
1 pt - Chidori Kaname (Full Metal Panic)
Old 2008-01-14, 12:44   Link #20
Claymore_Obsessed

5 - Kasuga Ayumu (Osaka) - Azumanga Daioh
4 - Rei Ayanami - Neon Genesis Evangelion
3 - Lina Inverse- Slayers
2 - Naga The Serpent - Slayers
1 - Excel - Excel Saga

Tags
i-moe, i-saimoe, isml, saimoe