AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-03-15, 02:33   Link #1061
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenOfTheMind View Post
It's going to like Gundam totally different era, new characters, but same powers.
I hope not, as far as the anime is concerned.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 04:30   Link #1062
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Unless I can see hardcore evidence about it being like Children described it, i'd mark it as more speculation. I wouldn't fret over it. The credibility is vague. But like everything, there is a chance it is. Though we've established that.

I say scans or words from the Okouchi / Taniguchi are much better. Still, it's waiting then.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 08:30   Link #1063
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
I hope not, as far as the anime is concerned.
What anime?
Old 2010-03-15, 09:44   Link #1064
Laurcus
The black angel

I'm pretty sure most people just assume there's going to be a new anime.
Old 2010-03-16, 21:43   Link #1065
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
I'm pretty sure most people just assume there's going to be a new anime.
Well I certainly hope so! Or all the speculation, conjecture, hearsay, innuendo, and scuttlebutt here will be for naught! But it is Sunrise and their bottom line is making MONEY! So my money is on another anime. But this is only my opinion, take it as such.

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 08:03   Link #1066
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

The little fanboy inside of me is asking and praying for Kallen.

That's the thing, it can only be assumed as a anime. Of anything else is mere speculation and dotted inductive theories. Factual conclusions should be stated here, in my opinion.

All I have to say is this: Sunrise, if you are reading this... Make a OVA called "Naoto of the Insurrection". I will love you forever. lol
Old 2010-03-17, 13:19   Link #1067
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

That'd be boring as hell, Naoto was a fail terrorist, considering he got himself killed before the show even started...I was cool with a flashback, like they did with Shirley's father for example, but it's too late now to go back and change things.
Old 2010-03-17, 14:53   Link #1068
azul120

Yeah, riiiiiiiight, Naoto was fail just because he was killed.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 15:05   Link #1069
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

I'd vote for Clovis instead of Naoto - you don't say -, but I agree: saying he was fail just because he lost his life fighting a super power doesn't work. He seemed to have done a fairly good job, even if he wasn't Lelouch. I've actually been very interested in him from the start - they could at least have given us a Sound Drama.

Then again... Naoto was fail in the same way Clovis was fail. I mean, if you are an awesome character, you have a duty to stay alive for at least 10 episodes, damn it!
...Oh well, hoping for a Prequel of Awesome that will most likely never happen. xD
Old 2010-03-17, 15:08   Link #1070
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

The guy was even less important than Shirley's father ffs. We got nothing except a picture of him. I'm one of those that would have liked to see at least a flashback or something like they did with Joseph. But a whole OVA about Naoto? That's ludicrous.
Why stop there though? Why not make one for Arthur the cat?
Old 2010-03-17, 15:08   Link #1071
Betteroffer

Wasn't there some sort of rumor that he wasn't even dead? Something about a staff member responding to a question during the first season with "...the place Kallen believes Naoto to have died..." or something to that effect?

The phrasing could have been random, and it still wouldn't guarantee that he was alive, but it might have been something.

One theory would be that he and other terrorists that Clovis had "executed" were actually used as early Code-R test subjects like Jeremiah and that they were kept in those other pods like C.C.'s.

@Revolutionist: Since there was originally supposed to be more on Kallen in R2, it is possible that Naoto may have been delved into more in the original plans, though it obviously isn't a guarantee. Who knows? Maybe he got an epic Kamina-esque death or something.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 15:16   Link #1072
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'd totally watch an OVA about Arthur the cat.
Old 2010-03-17, 15:22   Link #1073
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Naoto had more of an interesting past than Shirley's father, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
One theory would be that he and other terrorists that Clovis had "executed" were actually used as early Code-R test subjects like Jeremiah and that they were kept in those other pods like C.C.'s.
Hmm, don't really believe in that.
Clovis and Bartley planned to give C.C. to the Emperor later on and were interested in the stuff related to her, but the one who actually used the data for something practical was Schneizel.
Clovis only seemed to care about the theory. Not that we were told much about his motivations concerning even that, but, for example, creating an army of Jeremiahs and Naotos most likely isn't his kind of thing. He even refused to learn how to pilot a Knightmare.

...Arthur! Yes, that'd be awesome. xD
Old 2010-03-17, 15:27   Link #1074
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

yes an OAV for Arthur would be pretty epic I would totally watch it since kitty anime are FTW *thinks about Chi's Sweet Home*

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 15:35   Link #1075
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I'd totally watch an OVA about Arthur the cat.
Best idea I've heard in a long time
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 16:07   Link #1076
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Wasn't there some sort of rumor that he wasn't even dead? Something about a staff member responding to a question during the first season with "...the place Kallen believes Naoto to have died..." or something to that effect?

The phrasing could have been random, and it still wouldn't guarantee that he was alive, but it might have been something.

@Revolutionist: Since there was originally supposed to be more on Kallen in R2, it is possible that Naoto may have been delved into more in the original plans, though it obviously isn't a guarantee. Who knows? Maybe he got an epic Kamina-esque death or something.
They tried to keep it vague so they wouldn't spoil anything about him being dead. The chances are, he is dead. Though he may actually just be presumed KIA...

That's... one theory. Doubtful, though. The projects released will probably not be related to him in the form of a spotlight, just glimpses if we're lucky. lol
Old 2010-03-17, 16:38   Link #1077
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
They tried to keep it vague so they wouldn't spoil anything about him being dead. The chances are, he is dead. Though he may actually just be presumed KIA...

That's... one theory. Doubtful, though. The projects released will probably not be related to him in the form of a spotlight, just glimpses if we're lucky. lol
Kallen mutters something about it when she sees her mother on refrain in Stage 9. Something to the effect of "My brother is dead, let him go." so she seemed to be under the impression he was dead.

@Nogitsune: I remember Bartley mentioning that he and Clovis were infact planning to give C.C. to the Emperor, but was it expressly stated that they never made any uses out of the data they got from their experiments? At the very least it could have been used to cyberize people to varying degrees in order to help advance medical technology, with Schneizel simply applying it in a more military direction.

If it isn't the case, then the question remains as to why there were other capsules besides C.C.'s. Was it just a choice by the artists, or were they originally going to have more signifigance?
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 16:54   Link #1078
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
@Nogitsune: I remember Bartley mentioning that he and Clovis were infact planning to give C.C. to the Emperor, but was it expressly stated that they never made any uses out of the data they got from their experiments? At the very least it could have been used to cyberize people to varying degrees in order to help advance medical technology, with Schneizel simply applying it in a more military direction.
Well, it's possible, but Schneizel commented that ruins like the ones during the Kamine Island arc were also Clovis' kind of thing, and those probably didn't have anything to do with medical stuff at all, which is why I think it's more likely that he only cared about the theoretical aspects of the research. That, and Clovis really didn't seem to give a damn about people or Britannia or pretty much anything anymore - can't see him taking an interest in medicine. Why he wanted to give C.C. to the Emperor then? Good question. Next question. Well, actually, I can think of a few possibilities, but... that'd be over-analyzing over-analyzations. xD
Then again, much for the same reason, I don't think he monitored Code R all that closely. Bartley might have been a bit more interested in military matters than him.

Quote:
If it isn't the case, then the question remains as to why there were other capsules besides C.C.'s. Was it just a choice by the artists, or were they originally going to have more signifigance?
Maybe those capsules only work a few times? No, really, no idea. Some more information about Code R in general would have been nice.
Old 2010-03-17, 18:32   Link #1079
Lost Cause

LOL, I'm onboard for an Arthur the Cat OVA!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 18:41   Link #1080
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

One had Rai in them! You can't forget that

Anyway, wrong topic. Generic would fit this description.

Ontopic: The projects are ongoing, and theya re keeping us in the dark on purpose. So we can speculate and spasm about it. Whatever happens, happens. We can't change their machinations all that well. But I pray... less discrepancies this time around.

Tags
drama, mecha