AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-11-06, 23:35   Link #21021
besieger
Fabulous Shadowy Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Heh, that is really late. Here it usually ends before lunch. Tough High Schools usually has afternoon class as well.
You guys have what in HK referred to as A.M./P.M. system, while in Canada it's referred to as the Whole Day system. Of course, I'd be the one of the few here that knows of this just because.

That and I can't read Arabic.
besieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 02:36   Link #21022
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by besieger View Post
You guys have what in HK referred to as A.M./P.M. system, while in Canada it's referred to as the Whole Day system. Of course, I'd be the one of the few here that knows of this just because.
I see. Hmmm, I guess japanese schools are similar to canadians right? They lunch at school, after all. Except they stay at school longer, due to club activitys.

Quote:
That and I can't read Arabic.
He said "Went out in my head, Charles!". Google say so.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 02:40   Link #21023
besieger
Fabulous Shadowy Advisor

Quote:
I see. Hmmm, I guess japanese schools are similar to canadians right? They lunch at school, after all. Except they stay at school longer, due to club activitys.
We do too, especially sports teams.
Quote:
Don't know THIS reference. D:
besieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 02:50   Link #21024
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
... Nor do I... I also don't see what the problem with writing in silver is. Of course you don't... I never got an explanation for that one.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 02:58   Link #21025
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Quote:
Quote:
Sadly, the translation services mangle it a bit, as the imperative and the past tense are fairly similar in this case. It's a reference to a comic book involving super heroes with genetic mutations that give them powers.

If I had to lay a guess, I think she doesn't like silver voice.
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 03:01   Link #21026
Heatth

Quote:
We do too, especially sports teams.
I see. This is an alien concept to me. Extra-activitys are mostly done outside school here. Also, middle class to up teens are suppose to take extra english class. Because everyone needs to know english, and english learned at school sucks.

Quote:
Wolverine is the one speaking. "Charles" is Xavier

PP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scify View Post
Sadly, the translation services mangle it a bit, as the imperative and the past tense are fairly similar in this case. It's a reference to a comic book involving super heroes with genetic mutations that give them powers.
Not knowing the orginal quote (only the translation) helped me, I guess.
Old 2009-11-07, 16:41   Link #21027
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

Oh, we're talking about school? I get to complain! I have some lovely 8 am to 5 pm days, and I'm only in upper secondary (our version of high school, sort of). Granted, that is one hour more than the average, but still. Oh, oh! And it can take me an hour to get home, if there's enough traffic. Which there usually is. Bah.

Anyway, now that that's out of my system, yay for the new scene. For some reason, I tend to really like these more casual scenes. Though the iPod scares me now. I was suspicious before too, but now it really scares me.

Complaining is fun.
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 20:56   Link #21028
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffendahl View Post
Complaining is fun.
If it is not obvous already, I agree.

Further in the off-topic, my last yeat at school was similar havy. It begun at 7am and ended at 4pm (exept fridays, when the afternoon class were optional). And in most days I had to be at 4:30pm in both Monday and Wednesday at english class. geting out at 6am and arriving at 6pm is not fun.

Also, I agree about casual scenes. I like them too. I would like to see more of Genderbend Brigade geting used to the new world, but I guess it is just me.
Old 2009-11-07, 22:19   Link #21029
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
Well, this is my first time posting in this thread, and I'm only doing so to ask a quick question.

I remember listening to the fandub to the Genderbending series, and I liked it a lot. I was wondering of any of you knew when the next update on it was due (It's been a while since it updated).
Jonbob0008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 22:46   Link #21030
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbob0008 View Post
Well, this is my first time posting in this thread, and I'm only doing so to ask a quick question.

I remember listening to the fandub to the Genderbending series, and I liked it a lot. I was wondering of any of you knew when the next update on it was due (It's been a while since it updated).
Check with ShinyaKyoto for that.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 22:54   Link #21031
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbob0008 View Post

If it worth something, I remember him posting about it not so long ago. So the project is not in hiatus yet.

Oh, and don't be shy about posting here. I am sure every one would like hearing more opinion about any project/fanfic/fanart you might like.
Old 2009-11-08, 00:42   Link #21032
Jintor

Hey guys!

I've been thinking academically about Creative Audiences for the past couple of weeks (tests, y'know), and I was wondering what precisely you think of this Genderbending 'movement' (or possibly, trend) as. Appropriation? Fan creativity? Is Seitenkan just an elaborate group fanfic?
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 00:44   Link #21033
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Depends on who you want to include in the group. Can't really speak for any of the fanartists and doujin circles out there.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 01:03   Link #21034
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Hey guys!

I've been thinking academically about Creative Audiences for the past couple of weeks (tests, y'know), and I was wondering what precisely you think of this Genderbending 'movement' (or possibly, trend) as. Appropriation? Fan creativity? Is Seitenkan just an elaborate group fanfic?
Hmmm, I think "group fanfic" is a good term. At last in that thread. The main writer is Kaisos, but he is not the one who created that. All characters come from the fandom collective unconscious.
Old 2009-11-08, 01:17   Link #21035
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Speaking from the viewpoint of literary scholarship, if you embrace new media as essentially being modern analogues to old methods of cultural transmission, then Seitenkan is a folklore tale. Its origin points are many and it has been transmitted from group to group by the wanderings of its earliest fans, and has since evolved. The direction it takes in one 'culture' of fans will be different in some ways from the direction it takes in others, but the advantage is that the internet gives us an opportunity to pull in the lore of other groups to adapt the stories we tell in that vein here if it benefits us.
Old 2009-11-08, 23:41   Link #21036
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:
Hmmm, I think "group fanfic" is a good term. At last in that thread. The main writer is Kaisos, but he is not the one who created that. All characters come from the fandom collective unconscious.
So we're a super-consciousness now?

That doesn't seem completely correct.

References to certain other image boards always seem to appear within my eyes...
Old 2009-11-09, 00:30   Link #21037
SgtHydra
Void Dragon

Couldn't one consider a fandom, or any group for that matter, to be a super-conciousness by definition?

In any case, I think this is just a fic with multiple authors.

Collaberation =/= like minded-ness, so yeah.

All Glory to the Greentext.
SgtHydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 00:35   Link #21038
ShinyaKyoto

Send a message via AIM to ShinyaKyoto Send a message via Yahoo to ShinyaKyoto
Kyonko meets Adult Mituusu:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMsx9nxIXCA
ShinyaKyoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 00:42   Link #21039
suuki

hello

im also a fan of this idea and thank you so much for the many pictures in this thread lol

i also found this in the net

looks like someone is making also a doujin but in english and following the original story line

Spoiler for pic:
suuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 00:57   Link #21040
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariNiwa View Post
So we're a super-consciousness now?

That doesn't seem completely correct.

References to certain other image boards always seem to appear within my eyes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtHydra View Post
Couldn't one consider a fandom, or any group for that matter, to be a super-conciousness by definition?

In any case, I think this is just a fic with multiple authors.

Collaberation =/= like minded-ness, so yeah.
By "collective unconscious" or "super-consciousness", I didn't mean our minds are somewhat conected and made the charactes like that. It was a metaphor. There are no creator (even tough there are the one guy who give them shape) to then, they belong to the fandom. They were created by a combination of effort all over this fandom. Some jap created their figures. Another one make the first doujins, creating the base of their personalities. "We" (or, better saying the people that was in that thread more then a year ago) started to talk about them, discusing them, their charactes changing bit a bit. Someone make a rewhrite, other one a fanfic, some other more doujins, fan arts. Every time someone do taht the characters change a bit. Today, after an year, the characters are not the same as in the start. Maybe they are already in a somewhat stable point (I kinda believe on that), not exactly in the middle (of all information we have access), as the whrters, manly Kaisos (in that thread), but also Aebliss, Jintor, DKellis, the-one-who-did-the-first-doujin and others, have more influence.

I belive Ricky definition, as a folklore tale, fits very well because of that. It is also very poetic.

PP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by suuki View Post
im also a fan of this idea and thank you so much for the many pictures in this thread lol

i also found this in the net

looks like someone is making also a doujin but in english and following the original story line

Spoiler for pic:
"WELCOME, YOU SHALL SERVE KYONKO WELL"

For that doujin. It apear to be prett yrecent. Here the site.

PPP:
I wonder if it is just a translation, tough. Page 10 has the drawings Haruki made for Tanabata 3 years ago. It looks nothing with the official version. This make me wonder if it is actually older then the date shown there (11/2/2009)., as by then the anime version was already on. However, the name used is still "Haruki", not "Haruhiko" (it might be just a conversion, tough)

Also, for some reason Asakura don't look nothing with the more common version. Actually, he is pretty generic looking.

PPPP:
On the birght side, she is called Kyon-chan, insted Kyonko.

PPPPP: (becoming ridiculous already)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyaKyoto View Post
Kyonko meets Adult Mituusu:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMsx9nxIXCA
Well, this is a bit of a slowpoke, but choose posting that small update here because that post from yesterday?

Last edited by Heatth; 2009-11-09 at 01:51.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan