Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-20, 13:22   Link #361
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
So anyway, this episode we are introduced to the supposed to the final boss, Ren. Aside from looking like a women, the man is generally a douche, by avoiding every logical answer to the question Q4 had initially asked him, and being generally creepy and all evil looking.
He looked more dopey than evil to me. And I don't think PSY would just invite him if he was the final boss.

I'm curious as to his relationship with Kai. They speak the same way.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 02:06   Link #362
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

^
I don't know, I mean he did look like he was stoned and airheaded at first, but once they mentioned a duel he started grinning from ear to ear and looking generally evil looking as he was fighting What I mean by final boos is that he is more than likely to be the opponent that Aichi will fight in the National Finals, since he was the champion of the previous ones.

As for his connection to Kai ... classmates? Previous teammates at the last tournament? Taught by the same person the game?

Brothers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
The show was planned to be a year long. At least I can say it'll be more than 2 cour at this point.

The cards seem to be selling well, and I've been in some card shops where they were holding some early vanguard tournament/trial something or others and it was jam packed.

Not sure how they're holding up through the booster packs and, um... disaster. I still see major advertisements in JR stations though... They have big posters all around the Yamanote line for the booster packs when they come out.

Staying power will be the most interesting question. I wonder if they'll even spring for a second year of anime?
Thanks for your answer

Good to hear that they seem to be doing well. I sort of expected that it would be more than two cours since the pacing was very lax so far.

As for aiming for a second season, I think that they probably will try to. I mean, from my understanding an anime is already a pretty huge advantage to these games (Yu-Gi-Oh! and Duel Masters being the biggest two that spring to mind) and will be their best bet to try and remain in the game. I don't think they will be able to hold their grounds without an anime, not when their biggest competition have ones.

It might have a good chance to reach out to the international market though. Yu-Gi-Oh is in a bit of a legal bind, and this is already ahead with being translated officially, so it already has a head start sort of
Old 2011-06-23, 07:44   Link #363
cohen

Quote:
^

It might have a good chance to reach out to the international market though. Yu-Gi-Oh is in a bit of a legal bind, and this is already ahead with being translated officially, so it already has a head start sort of
Yeah, but that doesn't stop Zexal from coming over here in the Fall. Yugioh is still going to have that advantage.

Also, the Yugioh TCG relies more on regular players than just the anime. The anime is there for the kids, while regular card players buy Yugioh cards as well. It doesn't rely as much on the anime, so much so that many have said even without an anime, it would do just as well.

VG needs an anime to help it get off the ground in America. Without one, it would end up most likely like Hero Clicks. As in, dead
cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 08:31   Link #364
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohen View Post
VG needs an anime to help it get off the ground in America. Without one, it would end up most likely like Hero Clicks. As in, dead
There is/was a TCG for that one?
Old 2011-06-24, 22:17   Link #365
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Well episode 24 airred. according to animenewsnetwork it says that there are 24 episodes and after watching episode 24 it doesn't seem like it's the finale. Is season 2 coming out next week or does animenewsnetwork have the incorrect number of episodes?

loli Misaki chan is so kawaii.
Old 2011-06-25, 03:53   Link #366
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Take the numbers at ANN with a grain of salt, since they usually don't updated them unless they have the titles/are updated via users.

Quote:
Yeah, but that doesn't stop Zexal from coming over here in the Fall. Yugioh is still going to have that advantage.
Stateside you mean? Well, as far as I'm aware, there seems like there is still problem with 4kids so I'm not sure. Unless things had already had been sorted out with them?

The advantage I was talking about though was about the episodes being already available (legally) subbed, so that if (when?) the series + game ends up getting licensed, there would already be a readily available backlog for anyone curious/wanting to watch the original, as opposed to Yu-Gi-Oh which is still ... behind the times in that regard.
Quote:
Also, the Yugioh TCG relies more on regular players than just the anime. The anime is there for the kids, while regular card players buy Yugioh cards as well. It doesn't rely as much on the anime, so much so that many have said even without an anime, it would do just as well.
I agree with your first sentence ( the decision to distance the YGO card game from the anime has helped extend it's longevity and have a stronger presence) but not with the second. Even if the card game enjoys a very comfortable spot in the market, it still needs the anime in order to attract new players/buyers. It's a matter of having more than a single avenue to get future players interested in the game. After all, a great part of the reason why YGO is as huge as it is in the States is due to the anime.
Quote:
Absolutely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
There is/was a TCG for that one?
Well no, and I think Hero Clicks might still be around.

There was a somewhat related card game tho.
Old 2011-06-25, 16:20   Link #367
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

ep24: Isn't it a bit late to try and shoehorn a tragic backstory for her?
Old 2011-06-26, 05:16   Link #368
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
ep24: Isn't it a bit late to try and shoehorn a tragic backstory for her?
I thought it was fine.
Old 2011-07-06, 16:50   Link #369
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

So watched 24+25 in a single sitting

Um, right ... was I the only one who was laughing nervously at some parts of this little character arc? I mean I like Misaki and all but boy, was this really ... different?

The whole story about how she lost her parents and then had trauma that stopped her from playing Vanguard any longer was really ... weird? I get what they were trying to do, and that is help her open up to the team and feel like Q4 is her family and care for her and stuff, but it all just came across as ... I don't want to say hilarious, but I thought this was the plot from a different show all together pasted here to create some sort of conflict for the team to overcome. It all just ended up coming as very uncomfortable and I can't say I enjoyed these past two episodes, despite how much I like Misaki.

Still, I guess we introduced the idea that she has photographic memory. Should be pretty interesting how they play with the idea that she is able to use her control deck with the ability to remember every card, not that I think they would use it to their full potential.
Old 2011-07-07, 19:08   Link #370
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
So watched 24+25 in a single sitting

Um, right ... was I the only one who was laughing nervously at some parts of this little character arc? I mean I like Misaki and all but boy, was this really ... different?

The whole story about how she lost her parents and then had trauma that stopped her from playing Vanguard any longer was really ... weird? I get what they were trying to do, and that is help her open up to the team and feel like Q4 is her family and care for her and stuff, but it all just came across as ... I don't want to say hilarious, but I thought this was the plot from a different show all together pasted here to create some sort of conflict for the team to overcome. It all just ended up coming as very uncomfortable and I can't say I enjoyed these past two episodes, despite how much I like Misaki.

Still, I guess we introduced the idea that she has photographic memory. Should be pretty interesting how they play with the idea that she is able to use her control deck with the ability to remember every card, not that I think they would use it to their full potential.
As I said... It was just too late to graft a tragic backstory on her. She played against Aichi with only little reluctance, and then she entered the shop tournament... Where was her trauma then? And I don't even really get why the game or her memory are such a big deal in relation to her parents' death.
Old 2011-07-08, 23:28   Link #371
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
watched episode 26, nothing really mentionable other than Kamui running off because he had enough of Kai. So this time around Kamui is the one out in Q4. Maybe in the final, Kai goes out? nah doubt that. Team Ceaser was introduced, they were 1st place 2 years ago and 2nd place last year. I think they will be the boss in this tournament which Q4 will be facing. Either that or team ceaser will lose to some other OP team in which Q4 will help them get revenge. Don't see this happening though.
Old 2011-07-09, 09:48   Link #372
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Misaki looked nice in her new clothes.

I don't really care, but they really should have decided who was going to compete in advance, rather than improvising at the last minute...
Old 2011-07-09, 16:44   Link #373
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't really care, but they really should have decided who was going to compete in advance, rather than improvising at the last minute...
Aiichi is too much of a airhead to think of these things.
Kamui is too busy crying about Kai.
Kai is too high and mighty to think about it.
Misaki doesn't care.
Manager is too silly to care.
Old 2011-07-09, 16:59   Link #374
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I guess that the anime will have 51 episodes due to the timeslot it is run.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 01:43   Link #375
LordEmbok

I agree that Misaki's drama felt a bit off. Emi's growth being tied into it made it somewhat worthwhile though. Misaki also got a new deck, but that wasn't really necessary since I felt her deck was already the most enjoyable.

Also I wouldn't call it photographic memory, so much as she is literally incapable of forgetting anything. It seems like a supernatural ability, similar to Aichi's. Kamui probably has one too.

As for my nationals predictions... we've got Kamui sitting out the first half. I expect Aichi will sit out the second, because coming up with an excuse for the substitute player every time will grow old really quickly. Misaki and Kamui will have close matches but lose, forcing the team to drop out of the (semi?)finals 0-2. Kai will blame them for dragging him down, and become the Miyata/Sasuke clone he was always meant to be.

Assuming Kai does leave(which seems like a certainty at this point), will the team find a new sub? It's possible this is the role Emi is heading toward. As Aichi's sister, she has a decent chance of having supernatural powers of her own. It's also possible that the 'save the world' plot will result in the team format just being eliminated entirely.

Really looking forward to seeing where the show goes from here. Also definitely hoping for it to continue past a year, or at least get a new series like many of these shows do.

(Where the new OP at)
LordEmbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 21:06   Link #376
Matsura
Musha Shugyou

It looks like Vanguard has some real staying power. The English-language blog has confirmed Vanguard waterparks.

I was totally fine with Misaki's backstory. All of the foreshadowing was kind of masked at the time of its introduction, like her dropping her entire deck on the table in her first fight, or her dropping from the team roster at regionals.

I don't think PSY is really out to do anything overtly malicious. More that they're trying to use Ren for their own purposes, but don't quite realize what they're dealing with. He seems too unhinged to work well in groups, although I suppose he'd have to to win at nationals.

If the OP ever gets replaced, it better be with another JAM Project song~
Matsura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 15:38   Link #377
elior

episode 27 released right now with subs in dailymotion and i have to say it was great episode
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 06:39   Link #378
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Yeah pretty sweet episode, hope they keep this up.
Old 2011-07-18, 01:20   Link #379
elior

here the rules of the netionals: There’s 32 teams in total and 8 blocks so 4 teams per block.
Those 4 teams will have a chance to fight everyone else in that block And whoever gets the most wins moves on.
so that mean if team q4 will defeat team jurassic they will face against ren team after that
Old 2011-07-18, 04:25   Link #380
elior

65 episodes

prepre for a shock 65 episodes will be in the anime

Tags
card game, cardfight vanguard